Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319979 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

God Is The Only Choice

Akron, OH

#247604 Jul 9, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of facts......
Got any evidence to back up that claim?
I didn't state it as evidence of fact. The original poster said "the holy ghost". I was giving him the correct vernacular. If you have been reading any of my posts, I never said I could back up anything. You're just like the rest of the prochoicers here, looking for a fight. I won't be the one to give it to you.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#247605 Jul 9, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly. I know she is upset with you because she feels she ahs lost you to the dark side. Join the club!
Although I doubt she could spell that name with that degree of accuracy. It's someone in hiding, clearly.
SSDD!
xox
I guess that's too bad for her. I'm not interested in being the token atheist. I have my own views on abortion and didn't come here to walk lock step with anyone. I can't support a complete ban on abortion when the issue turns to rape and grave pregnancy complications, and I can't support a total free for all on abortion either so I won't be in complete agreement with most people on either side of the debate. I think it's foolish to be against birth control as well.

And I can't support people of religion preaching their beliefs at other people and then not adhering to them themselves. I'm sick of the preaching period. People are free to believe whatever they choose but at least have the honesty to admit that it's faith and stop claiming it's the truth like many here do. I find in real life that even religious folks who aren't intending to be rude will discuss religion as if they have all the truths and facts and I'm the poor misguided atheist who needs preaching and saving. I especially get it at work because many coworkers are Christian. It's really not their job to preach. And I don't preach or promote atheism. I just tell people what I am when they get started on the religious views. Around Easter one coworker took up 10 minutes of my time going on about how much Jesus suffered for us and I simply stated I'm not a Christian so I got a lecture about how I needed to believe to get to heaven. It should have politely ended when I indicated I wasn't a Christian but it didn't. I'm just getting tired of pushy religious people. They should put the time into working on themselves instead.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#247606 Jul 9, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think I'll ever understand why some of these people are SUCH cowards. So terrified to post under their OWN names that others would know them as.
What have they got to lose? Nothing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#247607 Jul 9, 2012
God Is The Only Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't state it as evidence of fact. The original poster said "the holy ghost". I was giving him the correct vernacular. If you have been reading any of my posts, I never said I could back up anything. You're just like the rest of the prochoicers here, looking for a fight. I won't be the one to give it to you.
The Holy Ghost is "vernacular" form the old English. There seems to be no need for a correction, and I'm sure many Christians would understand the reference, and it was once the common usage. Seems you're being a bit picky.

"For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247608 Jul 9, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> And you think Tomtom is "kind"?? ROFLMAO! Funny, you've been answered quite kindly by any number of people, yet you fixate on the extremists as if they're rational. How amusing you Hypocrite.
He/she should read Tom Tom's posts when he's worked up and spewing some of the most vitrolic hate on the whole thread, and then like the other faux-Christians she could simply ignore it like it doesn't exist.

I think that's Bright Sun. In fact I'm convinced it's BS.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247609 Jul 9, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
My apologies to kayla and "G-d is the only choice". Kayla was *not* posting as GITOC. She would not masquerade as such. It was an error in judgement on my part.
Bright Sun.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#247610 Jul 9, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Ghost is "vernacular" form the old English. There seems to be no need for a correction, and I'm sure many Christians would understand the reference, and it was once the common usage. Seems you're being a bit picky.
"For the majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit (prior English language usage: the Holy Ghost from Old English gast,“spirit”) is the third person of the Holy Trinity—"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit
Worth a repeat. Guess she never heard the song "American Pie" [email protected]@ What a stupid thing to 'correct' when the FACT is that its correct to begin with.

And s/he acts like its not here for a fight. LOL!!!

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#247611 Jul 9, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>

In Scenerio 2, yes, the doctors were Catholic and it was done at a Catholic hospital in Italy, so not in this country ,but of course it does happen here. Its just not a religious issue here as much if that makes sense....
Foo, unless you're speaking of a different situation, this occurred in Brazil. Brazil is a predominantly Catholic country and abortion is illegal except in life threatening cases. The little girl was pregnant with twins and as the pregnancy progressed, it was causing harm to her.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#247613 Jul 9, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she should read Tom Tom's posts when he's worked up and spewing some of the most vitrolic hate on the whole thread, and then like the other faux-Christians she could simply ignore it like it doesn't exist.
I think that's Bright Sun. In fact I'm convinced it's BS.
Yes, I'm starting to think so, as well. Although he doesn't live that close to there. His institution might be located there, though.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#247614 Jul 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You're hell bent on correcting that which can not be proven. Call it a ghost, spirit; call it a fly on the wall.... have fun with it. It's all spiritual jargon anyway; words devoid of any clear meaning.

It's not about a fight, but of course you want to think it is. That way you can play the victim and not have to back up any of your never ending BS.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#247616 Jul 9, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's too bad for her. I'm not interested in being the token atheist. I have my own views on abortion and didn't come here to walk lock step with anyone. I can't support a complete ban on abortion when the issue turns to rape and grave pregnancy complications, and I can't support a total free for all on abortion either so I won't be in complete agreement with most people on either side of the debate. I think it's foolish to be against birth control as well.
Oh, I hear you. I think many of us have very grey feelings about abortion. It's not a black/white issue.
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can't support people of religion preaching their beliefs at other people and then not adhering to them themselves. I'm sick of the preaching period. People are free to believe whatever they choose but at least have the honesty to admit that it's faith and stop claiming it's the truth like many here do. I find in real life that even religious folks who aren't intending to be rude will discuss religion as if they have all the truths and facts and I'm the poor misguided atheist who needs preaching and saving. I especially get it at work because many coworkers are Christian. It's really not their job to preach. And I don't preach or promote atheism. I just tell people what I am when they get started on the religious views. Around Easter one coworker took up 10 minutes of my time going on about how much Jesus suffered for us and I simply stated I'm not a Christian so I got a lecture about how I needed to believe to get to heaven. It should have politely ended when I indicated I wasn't a Christian but it didn't. I'm just getting tired of pushy religious people. They should put the time into working on themselves instead.
Completely agree. At the first hint of proselytizing I shut the speaker down. Much harder to do at work, though. People I associate with don't even know my religious stance. That's how *personal* it is for me.

Even better, they should put the time into *good actions*, instead. I have a co-worker who has all the trinkets: the cross, the little cards, the statues, a bumper sticker. Come Christmas-time she and her husband don't even bake cookies for the needy. They don't donate a dime or a second of their time to help others. Nevermind the rest of the year. She doesn't even know what being Christian means.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#247618 Jul 9, 2012
I also dont think children or that those who think like them should be parents,someone simply judged my response without saying a thing. I've never seen a decent rational argument that proves to me that it's okay to slaughter post zygot life.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#247619 Jul 9, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
I also dont think children or that those who think like them should be parents,someone simply judged my response without saying a thing. I've never seen a decent rational argument that proves to me that it's okay to slaughter post zygot life.
I doubt that anyone is interested in changing your opinion on abortion. However, we will fight any challenge to abortion rights.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#247620 Jul 9, 2012
Well, you fight like blind irrational sissys.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#247621 Jul 9, 2012
And now the poster knows what kind of irrational person you are. Good going.
BTW--"quickening" was the standard for jews and christians alike for centuries as to when life began.
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the lowdown. The "pro-choicers" are really "pro-abortion". They beleive the "unborn child"(a term they dispise) or the fetus( a term they love) is nothing untill some pagan moment, "the quickening", when a breath is taken. Up until then they have stated it is no more than "snot, mucus and just cells.
So when a pro-life person tries to discuss their extreme views, they resort to not discusssing abortion but attacking all of Chirtianity and expecially the Catholics. They use the most vile and filthy language.
So while there may have been a civil discussion at some point the wiccans and atheists, who are angry if you call them pagans, just attack Chritians. They hate Chritianity but love to quote the Bible out of context. Two people, CD the gay and Libberfoo the junkie, use their faux judiasm as a pass to attack anyone they want, then cry "anti-semitism" if you respond. LocoLulu claims to be a chiritian prolifer that had an abortion so she could play tennis and has no problems with any abortions and attacks
Chritians regularly. If you argue too effectively they gang up and report you to get you banned. It is their way.
So there you have it. We who value life are certainly outnumbered but never out thought or out passioned by these proabort pagans.
God Bless and protect you in these shark infested waters.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#247622 Jul 9, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
Well, you fight like blind irrational sissys.
How so, exactly? Please give specific examples of how the Pro-Choice movement has been "blind,"" irrational" or "sissy." I'm very interested to know how you came to that conclusion.

Indianapolis

#247623 Jul 9, 2012
If the hospital is not going to follow medical ethics, then it needs to either shut down or toss out the religionists.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the news story:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
It's short and to the point.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247624 Jul 9, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth a repeat. Guess she never heard the song "American Pie" [email protected]@ What a stupid thing to 'correct' when the FACT is that its correct to begin with.
And s/he acts like its not here for a fight. LOL!!!
That's a great song. And there was a question about "the three men I admire most" in a Trivial Pursuit game.

Oh, that person is certainly here for a fight.

Indianapolis

#247625 Jul 9, 2012
I can remember back to when the "holy ghost" WAS the correct name; they changed it to holy spirit later on.
<quoted text>

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#247626 Jul 9, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm starting to think so, as well. Although he doesn't live that close to there. His institution might be located there, though.
As soon as I started reading those posts that named popped into my head. Same faux-appalled religious righteousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect to be named (Feb '17) 19 min PelicanBreefs 42
News Dance Moms: Canceled by Lifetime 1 hr Fiero425 1
News Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA... 1 hr Ms Sassy 54
News Kim Zolciak Calls Her Parents 'Disgusting and S... 1 hr Fiero425 1
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) 1 hr Devon 61
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 1 hr Trump is a joke 1,193
News Democrats pick former federal prosecutor for sp... 2 hr roymoores14yroldh... 2
More from around the web