Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took ...

Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took No Action During Benghazi Attack

There are 422 comments on the townhall.com story from Feb 16, 2013, titled Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took No Action During Benghazi Attack. In it, townhall.com reports that:

Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at townhall.com.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#128 Feb 21, 2013
see the light wrote:
Yes, Obama sat and watched on Real Time. Did not even inquire about it. His true color came out-he hates white people.
No, that's a lie, sorry. It never happened. The President doesn't have a magic Tee-Vee that instantly lets him see any place in the world he wants to. No Presidential crystal ball, either.

You're a race-baiting POS, it appears. Get lost.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#129 Feb 21, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Valerie Jarret? Is that you? Are you still clinging on to that lie that the planned attack, months before the video, is all about the video? ROFLMFAO!
It has already been proven countless times, even confirmed by White House, that the attack was NOT (I repeat NOT) in response to the video.
Damm you are stupid.
The Benghazi attack was "planned months before the video?" Link??

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#130 Feb 21, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
I'm sorry you were saying something about Bush?
The let's "state Iraq has WMD" bandwagon was well under full throttle long before Bush was POTUS, let alone running for POTUS.
But hey don't let a little thing like facts cloud or impair your opinion and bias.
Proof that BOTH parties lie, are ill-informed, and say stupid things on a regular basis. Bush did not have the monopoly on that.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#131 Feb 21, 2013
I think Obama was too caught up in his campaign and his Vegas visit that he didn't realize how serious this was and that it needed his direct leadership and action.
He made a mistake, he has not shown great leadership when he has to think, make decisions and act quickly.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#133 Feb 21, 2013
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
I think Obama was too caught up in his campaign and his Vegas visit that he didn't realize how serious this was and that it needed his direct leadership and action.
He made a mistake, he has not shown great leadership when he has to think, make decisions and act quickly.
Who cares what an idiot like you thinks? I see no evidence here that you even CAN.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#134 Feb 21, 2013
Deal With It wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it wasn't dunbazz. We havn't even tried to bring these idiot to justice.
No link? No proof?

Dismissed.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#135 Feb 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what an idiot like you thinks? I see no evidence here that you even CAN.
Not a great way to argue your point.

He made a mistake, he has not shown great leadership when he has to think quickly, make decisions quickly and act quickly.

Some people just aren't quick on their feet and I am afraid that is one of Obama's weaknesses.
Grinders for lunch

Austell, GA

#138 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
He made a mistake, he has not shown great leadership when he has to think quickly, make decisions quickly and act quickly.
Some people just aren't quick on their feet and I am afraid that is one of Obama's weaknesses.
If Odumbo had been Prez during 911 they'd still be attacking the USA.
Obama is a puss.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#140 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Repeating the same unsupported idiocy isn't a great way to argue YOURS.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#141 Feb 21, 2013
Grinders for lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
If Odumbo had been Prez during 911 they'd still be attacking the USA.
Obama is a puss.
Except that he added troops in Afghanistan and ordered the death of bin Laden, while Bush forgot about Afghanistan and ignroed bin Laden.

Oh, those darn FACTS...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#142 Feb 21, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
"As we determined the details of what took place there and how that attack took place, it became clear that there were terrorists who planned that attack," Panetta said.
Planned it, I agree. They had to have planned it. The question for me is, was the rioting over the anti-Muhammed film trailer a fortuitous coincidence, or did they move up their attack to take advantage?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#144 Feb 21, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the statement from the White House was that the video was used as an excuse/cover for their attack. However, it was not the reason for the attack.
Agreed.
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#147 Feb 21, 2013
Deal With It wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it wasn't dunbazz. We havn't even tried to bring these idiot to justice.
Yes, we've been far too busy tying to pin it on the President to get the actual terrorists.

But yeah. We should really investigate the President's role in this. Most likely he planned the attack himself.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#148 Feb 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never any reason for Bush II to remove Saddam from power or fight a war in Iraq. NOT ONE REASON.
Oddly, his FATHER had a better reason and an opportunity, and chose not to. Cheney supported that decision. Wonder why?:)
First of all the action against Iraq was clearly spelled out in several United Nations resolutions.

Saddam promised certain things if we wouldn't taken him out after the Kuwait adventure.

He didn't live up to his end of the deal and part of that deal was that he would be removed forcefully if he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

Secondly, there is NO DOUBT that Saddam had what we call "weapons of mass destruction." He used chemical weapons against his own people!

I've always been a bit puzzled at how Liberals can get away with this Saddam had no WMD line when everyone who can read a newspaper damn well know he did!

Secondly there is the regret matrix.

In dealing with Iraq the question might not have been so much what we had to gain by taking Saddam out of power but what we might lose if we didn't.

Remember after the Iraqi invasion we found components used in the manufacture of nuclear weapons and traces of sarin gas in old warheads.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#149 Feb 22, 2013
But, Gossomer, they never did find any WMDs, did they? If they really had "proof" as they said they did, they would have known where they were....
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#150 Feb 22, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the action against Iraq was clearly spelled out in several United Nations resolutions.
Saddam promised certain things if we wouldn't taken him out after the Kuwait adventure.
He didn't live up to his end of the deal and part of that deal was that he would be removed forcefully if he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.
Secondly, there is NO DOUBT that Saddam had what we call "weapons of mass destruction." He used chemical weapons against his own people!
I've always been a bit puzzled at how Liberals can get away with this Saddam had no WMD line when everyone who can read a newspaper damn well know he did!
Secondly there is the regret matrix.
In dealing with Iraq the question might not have been so much what we had to gain by taking Saddam out of power but what we might lose if we didn't.
Remember after the Iraqi invasion we found components used in the manufacture of nuclear weapons and traces of sarin gas in old warheads.
Invading Iraq was a great idea.
Remember how we were "greeted as liberators"? Those Iraqis still love us ver there.
I feel safer now that Iraq is Saddam free.
I was really worried about Saddam's "Camel Nukes"
A Caravan of Nuclear armed camels trekking across the desert to Isreal was a real threat.
Plus Invading Iraq really showed the Muslim Extremists that America means business in Middle East peace.
Our work in Afaganistan proved to be a real asset to our safety and economy too.
Look at all the great stuff that has happened for the middle east since we took out Saddam and invaded Afganistan.
Our hand picked Governemnt of Egypt was over-thrown.
Isreal is on the verge of peace with their neighbors.
Thanx to torturing people and holding them for 10 years without any chance of ever getting out or even charged with an actual crime, we got the great information that led to getting Bin Laden Hiding in Pakistan. Thanx to our brillian war effort, we were able to completely trust our strong ally Pakistan and they aided us in killing the war criminal Bin Laden
The world has put sactions on Iran, so they won't ever be a threat.
And the price of gas ond oil has steadily went down since all this started.
And without the profits from the war effort we could have lost great American Companies like Haliburton, and had our own economy thrown into turmoil, and that effect could have damaged the world economy. But thanx to our well thought out war effort, and brilliant planning from our best Commander in cheif ever W, that secnario was averted, and no US tax dollars were used to bail out irresponsible business prcticies. They charged the Iraqis and Afganis billions for their work over there, and literally saved our economy with an influx of cash from their efforts overseas.
It really worked out well.
I'm sure the families of the soldiers who died over there thank W everyday for giving their family the oppurtunity to mourn a hero.
Without our involvment in the middle east over the last 11 years, that part of the world would today be a violent, unafe, poverty stricken, hellhole. The perfect breeding ground for religious extremism.
Thank god we were able to avert all of that.
Thanx America!!!!!
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#151 Feb 22, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Invading Iraq was a great idea.......FART,BLAH,BLAH..... ...
You appropriately named yourself.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#153 Feb 22, 2013
All you who don't like Obama,what is your alternative romney? Bain capital and Count Dracula? You had your chance and accept it, you lost by a LANDSLIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#156 Feb 22, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Invading Iraq was a great idea.
Remember how we were "greeted as liberators"? Those Iraqis still love us ver there.
I feel safer now that Iraq is Saddam free.
I was really worried about Saddam's "Camel Nukes"
A Caravan of Nuclear armed camels trekking across the desert to Isreal was a real threat.
Plus Invading Iraq really showed the Muslim Extremists that America means business in Middle East peace.
Our work in Afaganistan proved to be a real asset to our safety and economy too.
Look at all the great stuff that has happened for the middle east since we took out Saddam and invaded Afganistan.
Our hand picked Governemnt of Egypt was over-thrown.
Isreal is on the verge of peace with their neighbors.
Thanx to torturing people and holding them for 10 years without any chance of ever getting out or even charged with an actual crime, we got the great information that led to getting Bin Laden Hiding in Pakistan. Thanx to our brillian war effort, we were able to completely trust our strong ally Pakistan and they aided us in killing the war criminal Bin Laden
The world has put sactions on Iran, so they won't ever be a threat.
And the price of gas ond oil has steadily went down since all this started.
And without the profits from the war effort we could have lost great American Companies like Haliburton, and had our own economy thrown into turmoil, and that effect could have damaged the world economy. But thanx to our well thought out war effort, and brilliant planning from our best Commander in cheif ever W, that secnario was averted, and no US tax dollars were used to bail out irresponsible business prcticies. They charged the Iraqis and Afganis billions for their work over there, and literally saved our economy with an influx of cash from their efforts overseas.
It really worked out well.
I'm sure the families of the soldiers who died over there thank W everyday for giving their family the oppurtunity to mourn a hero.
Without our involvment in the middle east over the last 11 years, that part of the world would today be a violent, unafe, poverty stricken, hellhole. The perfect breeding ground for religious extremism.
Thank god we were able to avert all of that.
Thanx America!!!!!
Oil has went down? Really? Obviously you don't buy much gas- o -line.

The war had absoutely nothing I repeat absoutely nothing to do with the economy.

Try Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Yes Iraq is better than it was.

Besides Israel Iraq is the only I repeat only Democracy in the Middle East. Thank you George Bush.

First off, the official U.S. policy of removing Saddam from power in Iraq was not set by the Bush Administration. That policy was made official during the Clinton years. How conveniently we forget this fact.

It also is somewhat amazing how we have forgotten that the Democrats were solidly for removing Saddam from power. The invasion had widespread Democrat support on Capitol Hill. When things started to get a bit rough, tough, the Democrats turned. They saw a worsening situation in Iraq as an opportunity to demonize their true enemy George Bush.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#157 Feb 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
But, Gossomer, they never did find any WMDs, did they? If they really had "proof" as they said they did, they would have known where they were....
One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heidi Klum new judge on 'America's Got Talent' (Mar '13) 6 hr kim 2
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 6 hr chuckles 900
News Meet the Newest NCIS Agents: Tess Monroe and Cl... 14 hr greeneyedlady922 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr ThomasA 311,360
News VP Joe Biden Set for In-Depth Interview with NB... Wed Teresa 3
News New DWI ads cost $300,000 to produce and broadcast Jun 28 juanita 1
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) Jun 27 VorenusI 3
More from around the web