PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With...

PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

There are 10810 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 31, 2012, titled PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#11087 Oct 16, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
She was inducted into the U.S. Animal Rights Hall of Fame in 2002 "for outstanding contributions to animal liberation." …
I wasn't aware that AR had it's own Darwin Award.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#11088 Oct 16, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
She was inducted into the U.S. Animal Rights Hall of Fame in 2002 "for outstanding contributions to animal liberation." …
Now this gal has substance.

http://chronicleoutdoors.com/2010/10/21/bozem...

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#11089 Oct 16, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>Now this gal has substance.
http://chronicleoutdoors.com/2010/10/21/bozem...
I agree. she looks much healthier than the one called Karen in the link in post #11082 led to.
as in the skin is radiant, shining eyes, hair has shine to it, etc.... while Karen looks very sickly. Karen looks like she came out of a concentration camp.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#11090 Oct 16, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. she looks much healthier than the one called Karen in the link in post #11082 led to.
as in the skin is radiant, shining eyes, hair has shine to it, etc.... while Karen looks very sickly. Karen looks like she came out of a concentration camp.
LUMPY - HAC looks just as emaciated except for that size 63 can, but that's just for storage.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11091 Oct 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
"Karen's UPC Sanctuary" huh?
Here's are some pictures of "Karen".
http://www.upc-online.org/karenbio.htm
Karen is a beautiful person in every way. Scum like you sit on your ugly fat asses bitching whining and throwing pansyass hissy fits because you are an UGLY, insecure, POWERLESS coward and you always will be. The fact that you witless, insecure losers infest the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums day in and day out and NONE of you can refute intelligently, speaks volumes. Get lost you worthless PoS. You are nothing but a worthless waste of space. Go whine and throw more hissy fits because that is all that a witless, spineless COWARD like you can do!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11092 Oct 16, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>And after all of that..........Istill smell like shit, yI'm still ugly, and my momma still dresses me funny. Mine is a lost cause and I am and always will be a pathetic loser.
Back for more humiliation!! Yep, Looks like squatty is STILL proving what a spineless, sackless, impotent COWARD he is! impotent, insecure, self humiliating squatty is spending another entire day and night slobbering over his filthy keyboard obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and proving what a self humiliating COWARD he is. You also are still proving that you are an insecure, spineless COWARD who fears ARAs. The fact that you aren't even a mere shell of a man because you lack DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a sack and a spine is only magnified every time you throw one of your uncontrollable pansyass hissy fits. Face it squat, not only are you a COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT, but you clearly suffer from mentall illness like all of t he insane corpse eating trolls who infest the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7 because you loser trolls fear ARAs.Insecure squatty will be obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS and all things VEGAN because insecure squatty fears ARAs. yep, the spineless COWARD shore is! For someone who thinks that VEGANS are such a tiny percentage, you sure spend a LOT of time having uncontrollable hissy fits over them! LOL, face it, squatty, you are. COWARD and you prove it EVERY DAY all day and all night. No sane, CONFIDENT MAN, would EVER act like you and the other spineless COWARDS here do. You do nothing BUT prove what a frightened insecure COWARD you are. You fear the ' big bad VEGANS and you prove with every flailing hissy fit! How many more time do you want to be old you are a COWARD? A real MAN would not even waste their time obsessing over a topic they know NOTHING about. A real MAN, has a spine, dignity, pride, intelligence and CONFIDENCE in what he believes. A real MAN doesn't flail about and throw uncontrollable hissy fits day in and day out on a frickin public forum or anywhere else for that matter.
Only a spineless, sackless, self humiliating COWARD would act like you worthless PoS trolls do and that is a FACT that you will prove over and over and over!!!
Only an insecure, spineless COWARD who lacks DIGNITY, PRIDE, INTELLIGENCE, a spine and a sack would continue to humiliate himself daily like you pathetic slobs do!
You are a spineless COWARD and you will prove this FACT again and again and again...matter of fact you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#11093 Oct 16, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dishrag, looked in the mirror lately? Obviously not. You have ZERO grounds to talk of looks, dishrag and you just projected your own self. Get that help you need and quit projecting your pitiful miserable life on frickin forums.
I have met Karen in person and she is a lovely lady in every way. She also is intelligent, compassionate and unlike you, she acually has a rewarding and fulfilling life. Now, get back to obsessing and ranting about people and things you know NOTHING about---we realize it is how you ignore looking at the reality and misery you wallow in.

Minneapolis, MN

#11094 Oct 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Another skinny diseased malnourished weakling, this one with a wig.
Why?
Has all her hair fallen out from lack of vitamins and minerals?
from her picture. I would have to say that she looks like she is about 5'5 in height and weighs more like 95 lbs. which happens to be 30 lbs underweight. she looks like she stepped out of a book by the late Anne McCaffrey called Decision at Doona. where the concentration camp look was expected of everyone.
as for the lack of shine in her hair. I would place it as a safe bet that it is a wig..
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11095 Oct 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure is one sickly weedy looking runt.
He's the product of a deficient vegan diet.
1. There's a difference between "vegetarian" and "vegan"...He said he was "vegetarian"...

2. He was fully matured to his natural genetic height before he became a vegetarian.

3. If you've been to school, you may have noted the wide variety of body types. I've seen short, thin kids foolishly start weight lifting to bulk up...
Ira Glass chose a good career, he's smart enough to host a radio show, so it's a good fit. He and his wife paid $1.26 million for the one-bedroom apartment, so he's doing o.k.....don't worry
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11096 Oct 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Another skinny diseased malnourished weakling, this one with a wig.
Why?
Has all her hair fallen out from lack of vitamins and minerals?
Once a misunderstood diet, veganism continues to move more and more into the mainstream — it's even taken Hollywood by storm. Reasons for going vegan are probably more varied than you think: for some it's a sensitivity to meat and dairy products, while others cite animal cruelty or a strong dissatisfaction with factory farming. One thing most vegans can agree upon is that both their health and the planet's have improved since making the switch.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11097 Oct 16, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>You're quite welcome, I knew you would appreciate it :)
Yes, I remember Ira talking about that when he appeared on Letterman's show. Loved it.etc..etc..
Don't you smile at the craziness of this forum?

...Here's all these people "worrying" about how animal rights will "take away their freedom" and being "free thinkers"...etc...

And yet all they can do is talk about Ira's body type...and Karen's hair....Some people can never get "emotionally" out of the "high school" mode of thought....

Did you ever hear:

"Life is just high school with money."
....Frank Zappa

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#11098 Oct 16, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
He and his wife paid $1.26 million for the one-bedroom apartment, so he's doing o.k.....don't worry
Apparently not in the brains department.
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a misunderstood diet, veganism continues to move more and more into the mainstream
There are only about one million true vegans in the USA. That's about 1 in 330 Americans and statistialy insignificant.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#11099 Oct 16, 2012
^^statistically^^
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11100 Oct 16, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently not in the brains department.
<quoted text>There are only about one million true vegans in the USA. That's about 1 in 330 Americans and statistialy insignificant.
Vegetarian Times Study Shows 7.3 Million Americans Are Vegetarians and an additional 22.8 Million Follow a Vegetarian-Inclined Diet.

Would that be significant? Or would you say the study is flawed because it's by Vegetarian Times...

Where did you get the Vegan numbers?

I'm guessing that a lot of people like me had problems with the antibiotics in meat products...

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#11101 Oct 16, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
from her picture. I would have to say that she looks like she is about 5'5 in height and weighs more like 95 lbs. which happens to be 30 lbs underweight. she looks like she stepped out of a book by the late Anne McCaffrey called Decision at Doona. where the concentration camp look was expected of everyone.
as for the lack of shine in her hair. I would place it as a safe bet that it is a wig..
As veganism increases (if we are to believe the vegans posting here) I can see it being classified as an eating disorder like anorexia and bulimia. As more people attempt the vegan diet, more health problems associated with will be documented.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11102 Oct 16, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>As veganism increases (if we are to believe the vegans posting here) I can see it being classified as an eating disorder like anorexia and bulimia. As more people attempt the vegan diet, more health problems associated with will be documented.
Any "diet" can be abused, misunderstood, or poorly planned... Obesity is also an eating disorder...

The key to veganism is variety....If you are a "picky" eater, it's not for you...but the important nutrients are in enough foods to keep a vegan going...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#11103 Oct 16, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>If you think you know all of this, It's pretty clear that you are obsessed.
Classic expected response. Oh that I would have placed my bet...!! One simply has to read the thread as I was informed.
Hisssssss!
I had a cat once who hissed often. He was old and had no teeth. It was all blow.
Surfs Up!

Minneapolis, MN

#11104 Oct 16, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Any "diet" can be abused, misunderstood, or poorly planned... Obesity is also an eating disorder...
The key to veganism is variety....If you are a "picky" eater, it's not for you...but the important nutrients are in enough foods to keep a vegan going...
actually obesity has more than one possible cause. it isn't just a eating order. some folks who take in less to just a lil over than their daily minimal/base amount that their body needs can still be obese.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obesity/DS00... Obesity usually results from a combination of causes and contributing factors,
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics...
What Causes Overweight and Obesity?
....Lack of Energy Balance A lack of energy balance most often causes overweight and obesity. Energy balance means that your energy IN equals your energy OUT.
....An Inactive Lifestyle Other reasons for not being active include: relying on cars instead of walking, fewer physical demands at work or at home because of modern technology
....Environment Our environment doesn't support healthy lifestyle habits; in fact, it encourages obesity. Some reasons include
....Genes and Family History Your genes also may affect the amount of fat you store in your body and where on your body you carry the extra fat.
....Health Conditions Some hormone problems may cause overweight and obesity, such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), Cushing's syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
....Medicines Certain medicines may cause you to gain weight. These medicines include some corticosteroids, antidepressants, and seizure medicines.
....Emotional Factors Some people eat more than usual when they're bored, angry, or stressed.
....Smoking Some people gain weight when they stop smoking. One reason is that food often tastes and smells better after quitting smoking.
Age As you get older, you tend to lose muscle, especially if you're less active. Muscle loss can slow down the rate at which your body burns calories. If you don't reduce your calorie intake as you get older, you may gain weight.
....Pregnancy During pregnancy, women gain weight to support their babies’ growth and development. After giving birth, some women find it hard to lose the weight. This may lead to overweight or obesity, especially after a few pregnancies.
....Lack of Sleep People who sleep fewer hours also seem to prefer eating foods that are higher in calories and carbohydrates, which can lead to overeating, weight gain, and obesity.
so it is best never to assume that anyone who is on the heavy to obese side to be 'face stuffers'. since they might not be.
one way that not only saves money spent at the gym. but still gives a good work out. get rid of some of that technology at home and start doing housework on more the old fashioned side. you will burn more calories. be able to take better pride in your home. and it saves you alot of cash as time goes on. and one toxin free way. is to use stuff like vinegar to clean your glass like windows & mirrors.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#11105 Oct 16, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a misunderstood diet, veganism continues to move more and more into the mainstream — it's even taken Hollywood by storm. Reasons for going vegan are probably more varied than you think: for some it's a sensitivity to meat and dairy products, while others cite animal cruelty or a strong dissatisfaction with factory farming. One thing most vegans can agree upon is that both their health and the planet's have improved since making the switch.
A claim that has yet to be proven. Some claim that their health is good or has improved while others have had serious heath issues as a result of veganism and returned to eating meat. As far as the health of the planet........veganism has had no effect one way or the other. Maybe vegans can agree on it but the other 99.5% of the human population may differ.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#11106 Oct 16, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
actually obesity has more than one possible cause. it isn't just a eating order. some folks who take in less to just a lil over than their daily minimal/base amount that their body needs can still be obese. etc..etc..
overeating, weight gain, and obesity.
Well, as Squatch said “As veganism increases (if we are to believe the vegans posting here) I can see it being classified as an eating disorder like anorexia and bulimia. As more people attempt the vegan diet, more health problems associated with will be documented.’’

I was replying in the context of his post…I realize obesity has many other causes too.

I think this is what he was talking about in reference to veganism:

Problems include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, anorexic and bulimic behaviors, unhealthy dieting practices, binge eating disorder, and obesity….

Adolescent girls may suffer from more than one disorder or may progress from one problem to another at varying degrees of severity. It is important to understand this range of weight related problems in order to avoid causing one disorder, such as bulimia, while trying to prevent another, such as obesity.

He says veganism may eventually be classified as an eating disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump appearing on Jimmy Fallon show 1 hr Asian Guy 1
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... 3 hr Allie Baba 4
News Minnesotans advance on 'America's Got Talent,' ... 5 hr Retired Promoter 1
News News Anchor Calls Hamster Toy 'Insulting' 6 hr realitytv 1
News 'Gator Boys' fans treated to Paul Bedard for Mo... 9 hr john 2
News Huckabee Affirms Support For Duggar Family Foll... 18 hr Mikey 10
News Kim Kardashian: I post selfies because they emp... 18 hr social vampire 7
More from around the web