WRAL contract with DIRECTV set to expire December 31

Dec 12, 2012 Full story: News Observer 6

If you've been paying attention to commercials running lately on WRAL, you already know that the Capitol Broadcasting Company, which owns the local CBS affiliate WRAL and the local Fox affiliate WLFL, is negotiating with DIRECTV to keep Capitol stations available to DIRECTV customers.

Full Story
Chad cook

Travelers Rest, SC

#1 Dec 18, 2012
How do u get the antenna to keep watching then
jiminraleigh

Raleigh, NC

#2 Dec 26, 2012
Pse help me understand... commercials pay for the staff and programing. If a tv station has greater coverage due to cable or satellite one would assume that the rate paid for commericals is greater. Sooooo one could assume that Sat and cable carriers would ask for a small piece of the additional monies earned for the greater coverage. i pay twice for cable channels NOW...by being subjected to commericals and by paying for my cable service. If my carrier has to PAY for carrying a commerical- they pass that cost on to me! Therefore, I am strongly against paying more than twice for a given service. PS. If cable or satellite drops a station - that loss in viewers hurts the station the most. I am in favor of commericals paying for the transmission of ANY station content.
mary j young

Ramseur, NC

#3 Dec 31, 2012
i want to keep wral 5. i see wral 5 so direct tv plesa keep wral5
mary j young

Ramseur, NC

#4 Dec 31, 2012
please keep warl 5 directv .
mary j young

Ramseur, NC

#5 Dec 31, 2012
please please doing warl5 directv
mary j young

Ramseur, NC

#6 Dec 31, 2012
i paying for my local warl 5 i see it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 37 min Buford 58
Lifetime to Premiere Abby's Studio Rescue in June 2 hr amw 3
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
Yuna Lee named 40/29 News Sunrise Co-Anchor 2 hr Elizabeth Harrison 2
"Dance Moms" Cast Visits With Kids At Children'... 4 hr dmw 6
1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most ... (Apr '09) 4 hr Ft Wayne 9,252
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 309
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••