Help! How do I stop smoking pot?

Help! How do I stop smoking pot?

There are 89 comments on the Salon.com story from Oct 7, 2012, titled Help! How do I stop smoking pot?. In it, Salon.com reports that:

Welcome to my first "Ask Maia" column, in which I shall attempt to answer your questions and other matters drug related.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#33 Jun 17, 2013
Engage yourself which will keep you busy.
help u

Ogden, AR

#34 Jun 17, 2013
Jesus will help u quite he will stop all cravings and ur will power talk to me i can tell u about him

Aurora, CO

#35 Jun 17, 2013
help u wrote:
Jesus will help u quite he will stop all cravings and ur will power talk to me i can tell u about him
Is he a Mexican?

Since: Sep 12

UK

#36 Jun 24, 2013
if you really want to stop you will
In the Same Boat

Gainesville, GA

#37 Jun 28, 2013
Don't hang out too much with people that smoke often. Tell people you don't smoke anymore. Vocalize your desire. Replace the hobby with something else. When you feel like there is nothing else to do but get high, remember being a kid and finding ways to entertain your self.
Just quit

Katy, TX

#38 Jun 28, 2013
Just quit...it's just that simple.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#39 Jun 28, 2013
How do you stop? Just stop, all you potheads claim you can quit anytime you want.

Pot isn't 'addictive', remember?

Why would you want to stop when pot is the cure-all for everything?

Right potheads?

Not that I give shit because who the hell cares about a useless pothead who CHOSE to smoke that shit?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#40 Jun 28, 2013
Duh is right wrote:
<quoted text>this guys a genius . Marijuana is not physically addictive just stop smoking and you'll be fine, any "withdrawal" you feel is mostly boredom and will cease in 72 hours . After three days you'll wonder why you wasting all ur money in the first place
Its a psychological dependence rather than addiction i smoked for around two years heavily everyday when i quit it took about 2 weeks to get back into normal sleeping patterns and the like

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#41 Jun 28, 2013
Who wrote:
How do you stop? Just stop, all you potheads claim you can quit anytime you want.

Pot isn't 'addictive', remember?

Why would you want to stop when pot is the cure-all for everything?

Right potheads?

Not that I give shit because who the hell cares about a useless pothead who CHOSE to smoke that shit?
Calm your farm hero its a plant that grows in the ground and has been ingested by humans since the dawn of time
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Jun 29, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm your farm hero its a plant that grows in the ground and has been ingested by humans since the dawn of time
Um, so is hemlock, poison ivy, and poison oak. What's your point?

And no it hasn't.

You're an idiot.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#43 Jun 29, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a psychological dependence rather than addiction i smoked for around two years heavily everyday when i quit it took about 2 weeks to get back into normal sleeping patterns and the like
That's what an addiction is imbecile.
Double Duh

Winnipeg, Canada

#45 Jul 5, 2013
I need help to quit smoki wrote:
<quoted text>
I do smok and want quit how can??? its hard me to quit ... can any one advice me too.
mohan gautam
kathamndu
Nepal
Smoke crack, you'll be dead in a year though. Glad I could help.
Pothead

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Jul 5, 2013
help u wrote:
Its Jesus who's my dealer, him and Manuel
captHowdy

Quitman, AR

#47 Aug 9, 2013
I love how everyone on topix is a certified medical doctor. They all know whats best for someone wether they have been in the person's shoes or not. This is why I don't listen to anyone's advice. I've learned more by trying than listening.
A-wow

Citrus Heights, CA

#48 Aug 10, 2013
Put the pipe down Jesus it's not physically addictive...
A-wow

Citrus Heights, CA

#49 Aug 10, 2013
Who mind your own damn business... Get off the forum if u don't like it... It does help with certain cancer and pain... All sorts of stuff
Jesus Freeek

Cecilia, KY

#50 Aug 12, 2013
Morpheus777 wrote:
<quoted text>Is he a Mexican?
Yes Jesus is Mexican. Duh..boy you must really know about the six commandments. Lol
smarter

San Leandro, CA

#53 Apr 3, 2014
help u wrote:
Ask Jesus to help you to use better grammar and spelling.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#54 Apr 3, 2014
Double Duh wrote:
<quoted text> Smoke crack, you'll be dead in a year though. Glad I could help.
are you still here?

what you said isn't true

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#55 Apr 3, 2014
it's not addictive as such, the tobacco with it is though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Oliver blasts Trump on Charlottesville: 'D... 57 min Putins Glock Holster 45
News The Team from "The Case of Jon Benet" (Feb '17) 1 hr Right44 11
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Closet X 316,361
How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV refuse to ca... (Dec '12) 8 hr Wanda banks 32
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Sat chuckles 1,190
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards (Jan '16) Sat EL CHAPO BIBI 21
News Honey Boo Boo, child-appropriate TV? (Aug '12) Sat Tex- 53
More from around the web