Dick Clark

Apr 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Encyclopaedia Britannica

Enter the e-mail address you used when enrolling for Britannica Premium Service and we will e-mail your password to you.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
utican

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

Uticas finest
Amen to that

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

There will never be another Dick Clark! He was to his profession as Johnny Carson was to his. Definately an ICON !!!! RIP.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Sad to see any legand leave us. This guy was down several times and never lost faith. Thank-you Dick Clark for your inspirations. You will be long remembered by Uticans and the World.

This is one proud reason to say you too lived in Utica.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Sorry, "legend".
Bandstand lover

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

RIP Dick Clark, there will be no other man like you. You were the best at what you did on American Bandstand, New Year's Eve Rockin', even on The Other Side with Mario Lopez and Danny Bonaduce, and the 100,000 Pyramid. You were THE BEST!! You will surely be missed by all!!!! We love you!
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Did you know he was once a newsman on WKTV?
yeah right

Newport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

he couldn't shine Carson's shoes
Amen to that wrote:
There will never be another Dick Clark! He was to his profession as Johnny Carson was to his. Definately an ICON !!!! RIP.
What

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Nobody said he could shine Carson's shoes??? Get your eyes checked "yeah right"...All that was stated is that he is an asset to his profession as Johnny Carson was to his. And that's a very true statement. Let's face it..all the best legends are leaving us and they can never be replaced. Those were the good times and nothing will ever compare to them.
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

What wrote:
Nobody said he could shine Carson's shoes??? Get your eyes checked "yeah right"...All that was stated is that he is an asset to his profession as Johnny Carson was to his. And that's a very true statement. Let's face it..all the best legends are leaving us and they can never be replaced. Those were the good times and nothing will ever compare to them.
Well said and very true!!
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

yeah right wrote:
he couldn't shine Carson's shoes
<quoted text>
No one is comparing the two. They were both legends and we will never see the likes of them again!!
Clark Richard

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

The facts wrote:
Yes, but left the area as quickly as he could to pursue success.
Mr Met

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Clark Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but left the area as quickly as he could to pursue success.
Because by staying here he would have accomplished what? Doing the Outdoor sportsman,then what would have become of Jack Fredericks?
just my two cents

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

The facts wrote:
True story from Dick's book "Rock, Roll, and Remember": When WKTV was on Channel 13, he did newscasts as Dick Clay. His co-anchor did something that was the forerunner to teleprompter; he would pre-record the newscast (printed on paper off the newsticker) onto a tape recorder and have headphones on listening to the tape as he stared into the camera and repeated word for word what was on the tape. Dick would do the same thing, but his co-anchor played a prank on him, and Dick almost reported that Harry Truman said "Blow it out your a$$, you S.O.B.". Even Dick knew that 'KTV was for interns, and he eventually went to WFIL in Philly, and you know the rest of that story!
just my two cents

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Mr Met wrote:
<quoted text>Because by staying here he would have accomplished what? Doing the Outdoor sportsman,then what would have become of Jack Fredericks?
Maybe if Dick had stayed, perhaps he would have hosted Twist-a-Rama and Hank Brown may have just been your host for coffee and toast on WRUN. Who really knows? I think Dick wanted to do a similar show on WHEN-TV, but old Gordon the GM wanted nothing to do with it. So Dick went to Philly and Eddie Flum-Num got his own show with a trolley in the studio. Bud Ballou did a teen show on Gordon's competition, channel 9 in DeWitt, and could you imagine how big Syracuse would have been if CBS put a WHEN show on its network?
Nice but

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

just my two cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you imagine how big Syracuse would have been if CBS put a WHEN show on its network?
No I can't. Tell me how "big" syracuse would have gotten if CBS had gone with a WHEN production? Would they have done better than with Carrier and Allied Signal? I doubt it. What's your point? This is insane.
Sheldon

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Mr Met wrote:
<quoted text>Because by staying here he would have accomplished what? Doing the Outdoor sportsman,then what would have become of Jack Fredericks?
Jack would have become BOZO and the host of High School Quiz.
glad i got to meet him

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

i first meet Dick Clark in West Virginia ,we had a tv show called Record Hop Dick Reed was the host.Dick Clark came to wv to be on Record Hop with us ,that was in the 1960,s he was the nicest man you would ever want to meet.Dick Reed and him air the show on tv that night. that was in Charleston WEST VIRGINIA,WE ALL LOVED DICK CLARK AND DICK REED WE WILL REALLY MISS HIM there will be a lot of music in heaven,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Television Forum right now

Search the Television Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min ChickBrilliance 303,234
Proudly Representing the 'B' in LGBT: Let's Hea... 8 min Christshariahns R Cumin 2
Is Dolly Parton worried about goddaughter Miley... 52 min dollys pardons 2
'The Young and the Restless' Spoilers: Elizabet... 55 min Kathy Dickerhoff 2
Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 2 hr sportxmouse 31,818
Teen Mom 2's Leah Messer AGAIN as she discovers... (Jan '12) 2 hr ?X? 171
Dance Moms Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: Abby Lee ... 3 hr amw 4
•••
•••
•••