Pat Robertson backs legal marijuana. ...

Pat Robertson backs legal marijuana. Will other conservatives follow?

There are 1 comment on the Christian Science Monitor story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Pat Robertson backs legal marijuana. Will other conservatives follow?. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson has called for legal marijuana, saying the US incarceration rate is taking a social toll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Glen Allen

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Mar 10, 2012
It may come as a surprise (as the truth usually does) to you liberals but conservatives generally DO support legalization and federalization of drugs. For pot, it creates new business ventures ranging from agriculture to sale and distribution to accessories and lots of fast food. For other, harder drugs, they should be regulated and given away free in federally run facilities; the caveat being you can only come in and leave clean to get them. Again, more business and it's associated tax base. Plus, it removes power, money and influence from the cartels in the same way lifting prohibition ended the era of 1920's gang violence. Plus, Plus since the drugs will be taxed the IRS will have authority over collection and prosecution. I don't know about you but I'd rather have 10 FBI agents, 100 DEA agents, 1,000 BATFE agents, 10,000 street gang members and 100,000 cartel hit men after me than one IRS auditor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

700 Club Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pat Robertson: Schools with interracial dating ... (Jun '15) Jul 19 UAW 9
Donald Trump (Nov '16) Nov '16 flembak 1
News Blizzard a Case of God-Blocking, Robertson Says (Jan '11) Jun '16 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 3
News Pat Robertson Raves About Rubio's 'Strong' Anti... (May '15) Jun '16 NWO 12
Bitterness and Anger (Jun '16) Jun '16 tired-of-fighting 1
News Pat Robertson: Drinkers And Pot Smokers Are 'En... (Mar '15) Apr '16 Fact Checker 15
News Pat Robertson: God Put 'Ungodly' Hollywood Gays... (Sep '15) Feb '16 Cheap labor Repub... 4
More from around the web