West Memphis 3: Free

There are 23 comments on the CBS News story from Aug 11, 2012, titled West Memphis 3: Free. In it, CBS News reports that:

In their first television interview since Damien Echols was released from prison in August, he and his wife, Lorri Davis, talk with "48 Hours Mystery" correspondent Erin Moriarty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what a shame

Euless, TX

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Three child murderers are free..... Our justice system has failed miserably by being heavily influenced by money and Hollywood actors. Wm3's next trial will b on their judgement days.....that justice system does not fail
Angel
#2 Aug 17, 2012
Who didn't wear all black and listen to Metallica in '93?

There is a reason they were arrested, convicted and convictions upheld. And there is a reason they decided to plead guilty as opposed to having that evidentiary hearing.

When the hell will their 15 mins be up already
#3 Aug 17, 2012
where are they now?

Since: Feb 12

TX

#4 Aug 17, 2012
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.
hmmmmm

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2012
__Angel__ wrote:
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.
Angel I'm not sure if you were around the area when the original trial was going on but I remember Damian smiling and showboating for the news cameras..... For a guy that claimed he is innocent, he sure did enjoy all of the attention for being a suspected murderer. I'll never forget those evil grins that he gave to the media. The wm3 were definitely guilty as charged! A bullet to their heads would be far to humane for these child murderers

TX

#6 Aug 17, 2012
I hope I didn't give the impression that I'm a supporter. I think a bullet to the brain would be too good for these pedophiles.

TX

#7 Aug 17, 2012
I'm the same Angel, I just forgot to log in prior when I first posted. Can't believe they're being celebrated yet again this wkend in Memphis.
WM3 Supporter

North Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 17, 2012
They are being celebrated, because they are not guilty of the crime and any idiot can plainly see that by the lack of evidence. Hobbs is the killer, in my opinion, and when they finally charge him with the crime you will all being eating your words. Especially you Angel.
hmmmmm

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2012
WM3 Supporter wrote:
They are being celebrated, because they are not guilty of the crime and any idiot can plainly see that by the lack of evidence. Hobbs is the killer, in my opinion, and when they finally charge him with the crime you will all being eating your words. Especially you Angel.
ummm, I must behind on the supporter's theories.....I thought that supporters believed that it was Byers, or no, was it the bojangles guy? Ok, so it's Hobbs now, so tell me supporter, what hard evidence do you have to make u believe "Hobbs is the killer"? I mean u must have some hard evidence because I know that you wouldn't want to wrongly convict the innocent.
hmmmmm

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2012
__Angel__ wrote:
I hope I didn't give the impression that I'm a supporter. I think a bullet to the brain would be too good for these pedophiles.
u didn't give me that impression at all. I know that you are not a supporter, I was just thinking back to when the local news was covering the trial, how Damian enjoyed the attention....wasn't sure if you were around the area at the time to see the disgusting display of pride and arrogance that damian showed the cameras. That doesnt prove his guilt but it didn't help his case......all of Jessie's confessions proves their guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in my opinion.
Cryptangel

Conway, AR

#11 Aug 17, 2012
Guest wrote:
where are they now?
Damien is in New Zealand, Jason is in Seattle and Jessie is still here...enjoying their freedom as innocent men...free from guilt...

*waits for it...*

TX

#12 Aug 18, 2012
When you prove their innocence, come see me. Meanwhile, I'm pretty disgusted that supporters would book a band called "Casket Kids" for this celebration. Just goes to show the supporter mindset.

TX

#13 Aug 18, 2012
They're not exactly *free from guilt* when they chose to plead *guilty*
Dr House

Memphis, TN

#14 Aug 18, 2012
Angel...get a clue

TX

#15 Aug 19, 2012
House, haven't u perished from syphillis yet?
Cryptangel

Hot Springs Village, AR

#16 Aug 20, 2012
__Angel__ wrote:
They're not exactly *free from guilt* when they chose to plead *guilty*
I'm waaaay too weary of arguing this point with the narrow minded, Bible thumping, holier than thou witch hunters...just read up on the subject hun...specifically the Alford Plea which the Defense offered to the State in an effort to help them save some kind of face in this horrible ordeal...they still look like a bunch of good ole boys out on a Saturday night barn burning...but whatever...the fact remains...

Damien, Jessie, and Jason are FREE to live the rest of their lives however they see fit...where ever they choose...and in peace...Blessed Be...

TX

#17 Aug 20, 2012
Ahaha! Save face? The defense offered up the plea because all those millions of $$$ supporters donated for the investigation to free them came up w/ squat for exculpatory evidence. They had Jack shit to provide at the hearing and they knew it. Ellington was either too lazy or was catering to both supporters and nons.

The judge had to believe their was
ample evidence to support guilt
before he could accept guilty pleas.
Maybe u need to read up on Alford.
Dr House

Memphis, TN

#18 Aug 20, 2012
There is not/was not enough proof of guilt. Looks and words are not enough proof.

Court of law...not guilty. Don't like it? go to law school and change the laws. Otherwise stop crying and moaning over things that are way beyond your control.
Cryptangel

United States

#19 Aug 20, 2012
Do you honestly believe the great state of Arkansas would open up the doors to Death Row and set free a man who was proven guilty??

How blind are you...I mean...is your keyboard in braille or what??

I cheered when they were freed and I'll whoop it up again when they're exonerated....Blessed Be...
britB

Euless, TX

#20 Sep 2, 2012
Angel, if you knew ANYTHING about this case, you would know how much the state completely screwed these three men over. I have done lots of research on this case and the judge did anything and everything he could to convict these three, not letting things be heard in front of the jury that could have set these men free. If you had been done wrong by the justice system for eighteen years then get the chance to get out or go in front of the same justice system that had taken away 18 years of your life, I think you would take the deal as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Hours Mystery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zamarqan May 2 zamarqan 1
News Video: Guilty verdicts in Rutgers webcam case (Mar '12) Mar '12 jenny623 1
News Lawless murder case to be subject of '48 Hours ... (Mar '10) Jul '11 yea whatever 101
July 2 2011 (Jul '11) Jul '11 Alfred Bisharat 1
News Casey Anthony: WKMG shows carefee Casey in photo (Apr '11) Apr '11 Sweet Eva 1
Question about a victim (Apr '10) May '10 guest 4
Gallery (Apr '10) Apr '10 Jay 3
More from around the web