24 under fire from Muslim groups

Full story: BBC 16
The current series begins with Islamic terrorists waging an 11-day campaign of suicide bombings across America. Full Story
meli

Kansas City, KS

#1 Jan 20, 2007
11-week campaign
meli

Kansas City, KS

#2 Jan 20, 2007
The terrorists are waging an 11-week campaign of suicide bombings across America, not 11-day.(...For anyone else that cares.)

I guess they don't allow pictures of their e-moms; it must be a lot worse have them symbolized in movies. I think it's silly to complain about it though; they're getting free publicity for their cause.
Strawberry

United States

#4 Jan 20, 2007
I remember when Kiefer Sutherland (Jack) made a public service announcement 2 yrs. ago, urging viewers to avoid stereotyping Muslims. What more do they want? They claim that 24 increases anti-Muslim prejudice, and they fear going out in public after watching it because the person next to them may not be able to distinguish reality from fiction.Sorry, but that person standing next to you probably feels the same about you!Americans don't need 24 to increase 'prjudice' or suspicions about you.Plenty of real life drama for that.
Heard from WV

Huntington, WV

#5 Jan 24, 2007
I mean, "Sorry, but that person standing next to you probably feels the same about you!" could that be any more of an ignorant comment? Has Strawberry been out lately? Muslims are everywhere and guess what... they work and live in this country just like Strawberry. So in Stawberry's opinion, Muslim's deserve people's stereotyping because of the actions of a few. Did you know that there are over a billion muslims (2nd biggest religion). Per capita, more Americans die from ... well Americans than muslims. And FYI there are more than 2 million of them are here in the us... that's more than the state of WV. I hope to God not everyone thinks like you do becasue then where would we be? As far as not differentiating fiction from fact... it's more than apparent that a lot of people are unable to differentiate between the two.
Heard from WV

Huntington, WV

#6 Jan 24, 2007
And by the way, I am an avid 24 fan (i chose it over hero's this week), out of 5 seasons... the majority are about "muslim" terrorists. i'm sure there are others out there somewhere. i mean how bout the KKK...

Since: Dec 06

United States

#7 Jan 24, 2007
Heard from WV wrote:
And by the way, I am an avid 24 fan (i chose it over hero's this week), out of 5 seasons... the majority are about "muslim" terrorists. i'm sure there are others out there somewhere. i mean how bout the KKK...
24 is entertainment. Its using what is happening today and that means Muslim terrorists. Let's be realistic and stop being politically correct. Some Italian Americans hated the Godfather movie. Same for "The Fonz" on Happy Days, and Tony Manero in Saturday Night Live. Or even Rocky Balboa. Sterotyping is used by entertainment. If this were the 1970's and 80's, they could do a show on FALN and insult some Puerto Ricans.
Also, all these groups have learned that if they "bitch" enough, people will feel sorry for them and write bigger checks.
mee

Tauranga, New Zealand

#8 Jan 25, 2007
everyone just let it go, its a tv programme, they also used russians on the show, they would proberly be using the irish if it were the 70's...its what casca said, their using current events to base the show in reality for a bigger impact for the viewer. It makes sense to use what we know to do this.
Strawberry

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2007
Heard from WV wrote:
I mean, "Sorry, but that person standing next to you probably feels the same about you!" could that be any more of an ignorant comment? Has Strawberry been out lately? Muslims are everywhere and guess what... they work and live in this country just like Strawberry. So in Stawberry's opinion, Muslim's deserve people's stereotyping because of the actions of a few. Did you know that there are over a billion muslims (2nd biggest religion). Per capita, more Americans die from ... well Americans than muslims. And FYI there are more than 2 million of them are here in the us... that's more than the state of WV. I hope to God not everyone thinks like you do becasue then where would we be? As far as not differentiating fiction from fact... it's more than apparent that a lot of people are unable to differentiate between the two.
I just returned to this forum and read your response.I'm sure I and many New Yorkers will sleep easier tonight knowing that their are 2 million Muslims here.I wonder how many suffer from anxiety attacks and are unable to leave their homes because of 9/11? You think innocent Muslims are the only ones who are afraid? I am a peace loving person,and do not condone actions of violence against innocent people,but I reserve the right to be causiously suspicious of Muslims.Yes,I'm afraid Muslims will have to endure the mistrust of many due to the actions of a 'few.'
Paprika

Wilmette, IL

#10 Feb 13, 2007
schmitty wrote:
24 rules!!! it is exposing the truth and it is hard for muslums to face. can't wait to watch it again and again and again ... and consider the (joke) source - the bbc - the farthest left wing, liberal, freedom hating, communist and allah loving news media ever. Can't take 'em seriously.
You must love FOX news because of it's unbiased reporting....gimme a break! I think 24 shows pretty realistically how there are some Muslim groups that are trying to do anything to hurt the US. However, it also illustrates how innocent Muslims are being held in detention camps without any evidence at all. Guantamano Bay anyone???
miner

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Mar 6, 2007
I'm not muslim but i don't think we should hate or dislike muslim. There'r plenty of good, pity muslim in the world and u see in the news they are about to die, living in a dangerous place.

Surely the muslim that made bad things also kill other muslims.

Peace

www.goldminetoday.blogspot.com
Mr Giblets

UK

#13 Jan 9, 2009
Heard from WV wrote:
the KKK has not -
crashed planes into buildings
blown up buses and trains in London
blown up trains in Spain
used suicide bombers

so they are not a credible danger in fiction or fact.
Mr Giblets

UK

#14 Jan 9, 2009
is there ANYTHING that doesn't upset moslems? tell them to switch off, and watch "Koranic Kapers" or whatever they do like.
24 Fan

White Lake, MI

#15 Jan 16, 2009
I hope Jack Bauer kicks their arse! Sick of their complaining/whining all the time. If you're not here legally then shut the .... up.
24 Fan

White Lake, MI

#16 Jan 16, 2009
If we complained/acted like that in their country we'd be dead. We'd have NO rights at all. Sick of it.
Aussie Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#17 Jun 19, 2012
This whole thread just sounds like "Jewish Propaganda" too me.
Aussie Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#18 Jun 19, 2012
*to - mental glitch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talking Dead Recap 11/2/14: With Emily Kinney, ... Nov '14 Apache Fire 1
24 Live Another Day: 5 things we want to see in... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Karen 1
Rajskub, Sutherland to reunite on '24' miniseries (Aug '13) Mar '14 seraphina 3
Kiefer Sutherland still wants to do a '24' movie (Apr '13) Mar '14 seraphina 2
Kiefer Sutherland films 24: Live Another Day in... (Mar '14) Mar '14 seraphina 1
JK Rowling's 'Harry Potter' regret; Miley Cyrus... (Feb '14) Feb '14 derp1226 8
Casting (Jan '14) Jan '14 Maha 2
More from around the web