Woman Shot And Killed, 12-year-old So...

Woman Shot And Killed, 12-year-old Son In Custody

There are 115 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Woman Shot And Killed, 12-year-old Son In Custody. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The investigation continues into the shooting death of a Morrison woman. The Noble County Sheriff's Office was called on Wednesday morning after the woman was found shot inside her home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Owasso

#1 Mar 5, 2009
I can't imagine how tragic this is for the family! This is one reason I am afraid of guns. It seems like guns kept in homes so often get into children's hands. I guess we will hear more details as this story unfolds but it is such a waste of lives.
jonesy67

Foyil, OK

#2 Mar 5, 2009
Nice kid. Another future felon....the crime can't be much worse than murder....but I feel sure he will aspire to higher and more vicious acts of violence. I am so sorry for the lady in this mess. She sure didn't deserve to die.

Since: Aug 08

Tulsa, OK

#3 Mar 5, 2009
To the family, please know there are many prayers for you and you are in everyone's thoughts. You are loved by many.
Owasso Mom

Owasso, OK

#4 Mar 5, 2009
Oh so easy it is to pass judgements without knowing the whole story....
MR TAMBORINE MAN

Bella Vista, AR

#5 Mar 5, 2009
This is the price we pay when we take God out of our lives. Our prayers are with the family.
whirled peas

Sapulpa, OK

#6 Mar 5, 2009
and you know these people were not christians how?
erin

Washington, DC

#7 Mar 5, 2009
raise a kid with violence and you get a violent kid. this doesn't happen in every country in the world; at least not at this rate -- almost exclusively in ours. we are also virtually the only civilized country that allows for physical punishment of kids. we can get judgmental about the kid but we are a trash nation. it's not like the kids are terrible but we're okay. we're not a moral, responsible or intelligent population. we put our kids in day care so we can work to buy our cell phone. we'll pop our kids on meds because they are require attention. look at our values as to why our kids are they way they are

“It's good to be me!”

Since: Jun 08

4 me 2 know and U 2 find out

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Was this shooting on purpose or an accident?
Tulsa-Mom

Broken Arrow, OK

#9 Mar 5, 2009
They sure didn't give much info. Where is Morrison?
Owasso Mom

Owasso, OK

#10 Mar 5, 2009
North of Stillwater
its me

Haskell, OK

#11 Mar 5, 2009
I cant believe some of you people. Just for your information, This family is a christian family! There was NO violence in the household! These kids could not have asked for more loving parents. I wish you would keep your negative comments to yourself, when you do not have any idea what kind of family this is!! May god rest your soul Shannon. You were loved by many!!
mother of 4

Mobile, AL

#12 Mar 5, 2009
first of all, to jonesy and erin, the story never says whether or not they are even suspecting the kid of doing it. the story never once says that the boy is a suspect, just that he is in a secure juvenile facility. for all you know, its a safe house or a temporary shelter for kids with no parents. learn the facts before you make comments like that. also, who said that he was raised in a home with violence? once again, just speculation and wanting to blame someone. erin, im sure you are one of those people who wants to put the blame on the first person that comes along. why don't we wait for more details. and another thing, people have to put their kids in daycare because both parents have to work to make ends meet. if you haven't noticed, times are tough and money is hard to come by. its not like the '50s where all the moms stayed home with the kids and only the men worked. and as far as my values, my children are top priority in my life. if i think that my child will get a better education if he has to take a little bit of ridlin to calm him down, then you better believe i'm gonna do it. my thoughts and prayers are with the family of this lady and her son and hopefully we know more about it soon
tulsa-

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2009
We are praying for your family and those who place judgement upon you and your child. For we do not know the full story. Let God lead you, he will not lead you astray for he knows what tomarrow holds. God bless your family.
seriously

Tulsa, OK

#14 Mar 5, 2009
its me wrote:
I cant believe some of you people. Just for your information, This family is a christian family! There was NO violence in the household! These kids could not have asked for more loving parents. I wish you would keep your negative comments to yourself, when you do not have any idea what kind of family this is!! May god rest your soul Shannon. You were loved by many!!
Actually, it is the news you should blame-they seem to never report all the facts, they just do it to get everyone wound up and it works.
seriously

Tulsa, OK

#15 Mar 5, 2009
Also, I am so sorry to this family for your loss, no matter what happend, you are in my prayers. This boy is also in my prayers.
FIND THE TRUTH

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Mar 5, 2009
I HOPE YOU ALL REALIZE THAT THIS WOMAN ADOPTED THE BOYS FROM A MOTHER HOOKED ON DRUGS THAT LEFT THESE BOYS ALONE FOR DAY AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!
FIND THE TRUTH

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Mar 5, 2009
FOR DAYS AT A TIME!!!! MY GOD BE WITH EVERYONE INVOLVED.
Music man

Tulsa, OK

#18 Mar 5, 2009
There was a news report today on "news on 6", of a youngster in Owasso that is being charged with shooting his mother, killing her. An arrest warrant was issued in July but was not served until February. wonder how long it will be, bringing this one to a conclusion?

Since: Jun 08

St. Louis, Mo (Tulsa since 03)

#19 Mar 5, 2009
hidingiam wrote:
Was this shooting on purpose or an accident?
I heard about this on the radio earlier. From what they said the boy was in the garage when the gun went off, the bullet went thru several walls striking his mother. Rather this is true or not I don't know. Only time will tell.

“A wise old owl once said...”

Since: Jan 09

T-Town, Oklahoma

#20 Mar 5, 2009
It sounds like an accident to me. I heard on the radio that the bullet went through a few walls before it hit the mother who was in the bathroom. How tragic, and for them to treat the poor kid like a criminal, they should be ashamed of themselves. This is ridiculous..If the story that I heard is true. My prayers and thoughts go out to this family. I can't imagine the shape that this 12 year old must be in..
I wonder if they are treating this matter so aggressively because of the stories we have been hearing around the country about kids/teenagers killing there parents purposely?? Those stories blow my mind..truely tragic..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Reverend Al Sharpton: 2 hr Charles Chan 8
News Sheriff Considers Driver Training For Deputies (Aug '08) 8 hr Alvin Boss 54
News Comparison Of QT Employees, OK Teacher Pay Spar... 8 hr Alvin Boss 2
News Educate Oklahoma: Inmates Receiving An Education 8 hr Alvin Boss 2
Review: Mclean Air Duct Coating & Cleaning Inc (Sep '13) 8 hr Alvin Boss 8
News Mother Of Missing Child Charged With Murder (Feb '06) 8 hr Alvin Boss 49
Amanda Kay-Moomey Johnson is an Idiot (Dec '15) Thu Jamie Dundee 15

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages