Tulsa Police Unit Hits Motorcycle, In...

Tulsa Police Unit Hits Motorcycle, Injuring Two

There are 142 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 26, 2010, titled Tulsa Police Unit Hits Motorcycle, Injuring Two. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A Tulsa Police officer en route to a call struck a motorcycle early Sunday morning, sending two people to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Hmmm

Inola, OK

#1 Sep 26, 2010
They believe the headlight was not on at 0515? I'm calling shenanigans. Sounds like they're protecting their own.

Just admit the officer was at fault and get the checkbook ready.
Cathy

Rose, OK

#2 Sep 26, 2010
Did the police officer have is flashing lights on?

“Don't Tread On Me”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 26, 2010
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when the popo runs over you?!
Confused

Whitestown, IN

#4 Sep 26, 2010
It doesn't matter if the lights were on or not. You yield to lights and sirens not keep driving in its path.
concerned citizen

Tulsa, OK

#5 Sep 26, 2010
thats b.s. you cant turn the light on a harley off
WOW

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 26, 2010
but they can burn out
Alicia

Ada, OK

#7 Sep 26, 2010
Yes, way to blame the victim.
I truly believe cops abuse the power of the light... How fast were the cops going???
Had this been a motorcycle cop hit by a car it would be way dramatic and someone would probably be going to jail...
TULSA

United States

#8 Sep 26, 2010
No! some body just was not paying attention, and I bet the cop is not going to say it was his fault. Just guessing, but it sounds like the motorcycle was already in the intersection and the cop hit the motorcycle.

Q: even on a call with lights on, should a cop just fly through an intersection?

just asking, because it sounds like the motorcycle had a green light;and got hit by a cop car that: Yes was on a call, but hit a motorcycle that had a green light and was cruisin through like normal.

Q: are cops always right?

A: no, because they're still holding Henderson and Yelton.

LOL!!! Goodmorning TULSA!!!

Since: Aug 08

tulsa

#9 Sep 26, 2010
...."According to authorities at the scene, the police car was westbound on the Skelly Bypass access road heading into the intersection with emergency lights on when it collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle going north on Memorial."

ok maybe u can't turn the light off on a harley ...riddle me this batman, if the emergency lights were on the police car - why didn't the harley pull over then? seems to me that the driver of the harley should have been ticketed for not yielding to an emergency vehicle with it's flashing lights on
shovelhead72

Pryor, OK

#10 Sep 26, 2010
Are the cops targeting bikers now? This summer, they killed a deaf one for sleeping in a building which was being raided. Shot him in the back several times, and claimed he was aiming a gun at them. Funny how, later, it was proven that the only guns in the building were locked in a gun safe.
RIP, Russel. We miss you.
Ah-nold

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Sep 26, 2010
@ TD3VIL
I would assume go to the hospital. Just a guess ...
Stingray

Bixby, OK

#12 Sep 26, 2010
The motorcycle was at fault . Because it wasn't loud enough.....
TMI

Owasso, OK

#13 Sep 26, 2010
Sounds like TPD hasn't gotten rid of all their corrupt officiers.
Say WHAAAA

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Sep 26, 2010
Shot a deaf guy several times in the back for sleeping? Wow. Someone has quite an imagination. I think an act as bold as that would get someone some serious jail time ... cop or not. I'm guessing you are referring to when the sheriffs raided the club? Funny how if it was proven that the guy was asleep and all guns were locked up we never heard about that officer being arrested ... interesting. Conspiracy theory much?
concerned citizen

Tulsa, OK

#15 Sep 26, 2010
tulsalady wrote:
...."According to authorities at the scene, the police car was westbound on the Skelly Bypass access road heading into the intersection with emergency lights on when it collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle going north on Memorial."
ok maybe u can't turn the light off on a harley ...riddle me this batman, if the emergency lights were on the police car - why didn't the harley pull over then? seems to me that the driver of the harley should have been ticketed for not yielding to an emergency vehicle with it's flashing lights on
flashing lights but no siren entering a blind intersection at a high rate of speed hmmmm
citizenx

Mannford, OK

#16 Sep 26, 2010
tulsalady wrote:
Did you look at the video of the accident scene? The cop car t-boned that bike dead center which means the bike was aready in the intersection.
TMI

Owasso, OK

#17 Sep 26, 2010
I am suprised they didn't plan a narcotic substance on the scene rather than just blame this on the headlights.
citizenx

Mannford, OK

#18 Sep 26, 2010
Say WHAAAA wrote:
Shot a deaf guy several times in the back for sleeping? Wow. Someone has quite an imagination. I think an act as bold as that would get someone some serious jail time ... cop or not. I'm guessing you are referring to when the sheriffs raided the club? Funny how if it was proven that the guy was asleep and all guns were locked up we never heard about that officer being arrested ... interesting. Conspiracy theory much?
If you're under the impression that there couldn't be any misconduct in local law enforcement you must not pay much attention to the news lately.
Inline

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Sep 26, 2010
Two set of laws or only one but certain members are exempt abiding?
TULSA

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2010
even on a call it doesnt make it right to just FLY through a light without looking first.

Your city should consider all the what if's.

what if the guy on the motorcycle was deaf, and the girl was taping him on the shoulder to stop.

Q: if a light is green, do you not worry about looking left or right?

Q: if a cop is on a call does he have an obligation for safety too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 5 hr justasking 317
Prostitute Tiffany Friederich 10 hr Jamie Dundee 15
Jim Ogle 16 hr Kentucky Girl 1
Betty Shelby To Serve an Protect White People Only Wed Bobbie Huckaby 20
Jade Jones murder June 11,2017 Jun 20 Pakl57 1
FINALLY, Crutcher Estate Accuses Betty Shelby o... Jun 19 Listen to Malcolm X 3
Jared Lepley a Docto? Jun 19 Jared Lepley is a... 6

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance