Hulbert Police Face Audit

State auditors are investigating the Hulbert Police Department after a former police officer questioned why certain tickets had been dismissed. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
COP

Bixby, OK

#42 Oct 8, 2012
I don't live anywhere near your town, I'm an retired chief of police, I was reading some of your post,I don't know if this helps but the state of oklahoma sets those speed limit signs and NOT the city, Like you said SLOW UR ASS DOWN.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#43 Oct 8, 2012
COP wrote:
I don't live anywhere near your town, I'm an retired chief of police, I was reading some of your post,I don't know if this helps but the state of oklahoma sets those speed limit signs and NOT the city, Like you said SLOW UR ASS DOWN.
==========
Those towns set their speed limits until they screw-up and the state has to come in and investigate the misuse of police power in writing tickets, and then the state may change the speed limit based on their traffic studies.
Hulbert citizen

Muskogee, OK

#46 Nov 6, 2012
Hulbert police Chief and assistant chief make thier own laws! They need to be investigated by the State of Oklahoma I'm sure they would find all kinds of corruption, Pulling people over for no reason impounding cars illegally. We're not talkin about just speed traps were talking about making their own rules! Sometimes in these small towns you give a badge to Barney Fife and Andy griffith and they think they can make their own rules in Mayberry and they don't have to answer to anyone! I realize that Hulbert is a small town and most people are related in some way or another. The chief or Dictator has been in law Enforcement for 35 years wasn't Saddam in power for 35 years time to go old man! assistant chief Barney Fife is a power tripper with a badge instead of worrying so much about someone driving one mile an hour over the speed limit should worry more about his food consumption and his nasty smoking habit before he ends up with clogged arteries or lung cancer! Maybe before these people are voted in or hired the state should make them take a test to see if they can read or write or have some kinda of common sense! The town needs a change for the good! Time to go Andy and Barney!
Donna N

United States

#47 Oct 5, 2014
Bean wrote:
+1 speed trap.
Improperly marked/spaced speed limit signs plus it's the main source of revenue, equals police corruption.
I would almost suggest OHP take over patrolling but they arent much better being political patronage workers.
You have to be practically paranoid driving through Hulbert, OK. It's quite clear this town operates off traffic ticket payments. Wish I could avoid this town in my travels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Okla. teacher fired for snack run with 11 kids ... Tue Casual Observor 1
Diesel Prices Slowly Falling At Oklahoma Gas St... Tue eve 1
Mysteries At Oklahoma Lake Remain For Families ... Dec 21 hollywood here we... 3
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) Dec 19 hey 183
Balls of Fire Dec 18 Ryan Johnson 1
DHS Workers Speak Out On Agency (Jul '08) Dec 18 lynn 1,491
Directv referral code (Aug '12) Dec 18 Patti 70
Tulsa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tulsa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tulsa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tulsa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:34 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 9:34AM
Rain slows probe of McClain's house fire
NBC Sports10:06 AM
DeMarco Murray practicing for Cowboys
Yahoo! Sports10:12 AM
Redskins' RG3 limited with sprained shoulder
NBC Sports 2:07 PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys