School Superintendent Files Lawsuit

School Superintendent Files Lawsuit

There are 90 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 3, 2008, titled School Superintendent Files Lawsuit. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The superintendent of the Broken Arrow School District has filed a lawsuit in Tulsa County District Court against six people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

BA Parent

Tulsa, OK

#67 Sep 5, 2008
exbateacher wrote:
As I stated before, just because a lawsuit is filed doesn't mean every word of it is true. Dr. Sisney IS NOT well respected in this community!!! Teachers, Parents, support staff, and administrators are bullied and intimidated into compliance. I personally know the two people mentioned in the lawsuit, and have talked to one of them this week; and I tell you that all of the facts are not included in this petition and will come to light. The truth will be known. The flood of teachers and administrators that have left the district over the last several years most have had to do with the leadership of this man. Many people have retired early due to his leadership. The Air Assurance folks and Dr. Hudgins have not done anything, but offered their services to the district. There is more to this story that what this man tells in his lawsuit. He is a tyrant!!!!!
EXACTLY! And for those "looking in" you have not a clue to the kind of JERK this man is and can be!
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#68 Sep 5, 2008
ItsDF wrote:
I hear rumors Richardson is a dirty lawyer.
Are there any other kind?
Dr Who

Marengo, IA

#69 Sep 5, 2008
He is a tyrant,jerk and disrespectful?

Tell me where in any of that he did anything illegal? Or any of the BASD procedures and policies did he not follow?

I would rather have someone who is a jerk, intimidating and tyrant to get things done, to make changes needed.

How else do you treat people who are doing the things he found out?

You going to be all sweet and nice to people you find out who are stealing or ignoring procedures to let a friend get some extra dough?

If we ever do get a new president of the United States that really comes in to make change, do you think he or she can do it being sweet and nice?

Do you think the President can get the congress off their overly exhorbent pension plan being sweet and nice? Social security won't be fixed til the politicians actually have to live on it. They don't!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp...

Think the President could implement laws against paid lobbyist? The same ones who pay the people who pass the laws with free trips, food, drinks, benefits etc?

Not by being nice, hell no. The President would have to bust some balls, find some corruption and turn those people to his/her side on threat of exposure.

Bah I could go on but....
Maybe_there_is_m ore

Broken Arrow, OK

#70 Sep 5, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I've got a bunch of drug dealers for relatives, but I never see them dealing. Kind of like roaches or rats, they don't want to be caught! I hope Sisney is hiring a good exterminator, I mean lawyer. LOL I see no reason for him to bring this suit if he was stealing money. Nothing would peeve a judge more than something like that!
Come on people. We are talking of one of the Biggest school districts in the state. Someone please explain to me how if Air Assurance was taking money from the school district then why is Dr. Sisney filing the suit as an individual saying basically they don't like me and not on behalf of the school district to get the alledged stolen funds back?? Maybe one reason....because he knows the proof is there to back Air Assurance up???
Let's not add to the blasting of someones good name as well by posting nasty comments either way.
what

Oklahoma City, OK

#71 Sep 5, 2008
Maybe_there_is_more wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on people. We are talking of one of the Biggest school districts in the state. Someone please explain to me how if Air Assurance was taking money from the school district then why is Dr. Sisney filing the suit as an individual saying basically they don't like me and not on behalf of the school district to get the alledged stolen funds back?? Maybe one reason....because he knows the proof is there to back Air Assurance up???
Let's not add to the blasting of someones good name as well by posting nasty comments either way.
Then how about you explain to us how it is that a perfectly without blame school board and the vendor that they so desperately want to hire would not want to follow the State of Oklahoma's rules for contracting work to be done in BA's schools?(That sounds crooked.) And explain why BA was set up to pay for an eye doctor's expenses?(That sounds crooked.) As for this forum and what people post on here it is all purely opinions. Some of it may be true and some of it may not be.
Concermed BA Citizen

Tulsa, OK

#72 Sep 5, 2008
Dr. Sisney talks about conspiracy. Why doesn't he address the conspiracy he has perpetrated to try to drive out administrators and older teachers whom he did not hire? Why did he tell an assistant superintendent who announced his retirement for December 2008 to just stay home the rest of the year and not bother to come in to work? Why does he want to cut the number of teachers but increase the number of "teacher trainers"? Why does he attack local business owners who have dedicated their time and money to assist BA schools who don't have enough money in their budgets to purchase adequate supplies such as copy paper? The patrons of BA Schools deserve an investigation into his strong armed type of administration.
what

Oklahoma City, OK

#73 Sep 5, 2008
Concermed BA Citizen wrote:
Dr. Sisney talks about conspiracy. Why doesn't he address the conspiracy he has perpetrated to try to drive out administrators and older teachers whom he did not hire? Why did he tell an assistant superintendent who announced his retirement for December 2008 to just stay home the rest of the year and not bother to come in to work? Why does he want to cut the number of teachers but increase the number of "teacher trainers"? Why does he attack local business owners who have dedicated their time and money to assist BA schools who don't have enough money in their budgets to purchase adequate supplies such as copy paper? The patrons of BA Schools deserve an investigation into his strong armed type of administration.
Maybe the administrator wasn't doing anything there anyway. I know that when teachers and administrators gain tenure they can sometimes become set in their ways, unwilling to change for the betterment of the school, and downright unwilling to be supportive and/or participate in anything other than what they choose, which is usually their same old ineffective ways. And as far as copy paper goes I don't know for certain but in most schools administrators have to put limits on copy paper or some of the teachers will go bonkers with making copies way more than is beneficial for the students.
what

Oklahoma City, OK

#74 Sep 5, 2008
Concermed BA Citizen wrote:
Also, it sounds to me like Dr. Sisney has not attacked any local business owners. It sounds like he has tried to meet with one business owner and because of that one owner not understanding the work order requirements by law that one owner became angry and caused problems for everyone. Hopefully, people in BA won't let one big business owner and a couple of board members ruin things for the school district. Seriously, what Superintendent would want to walk into a situation where the school board and a business owner rule the whole school and force the Superintendent into doing things that are illegal and unethical. Their undue influence is wrong. I don't care if something "has been done that way" from the beginning of time if it is against Oklahoma's statutes it should be stopped immediately. And boo-waaaaaaaa to the people who get their feelings hurt for being confronted in private and told to quit violating it. If the vendor went through all this work to dig up information why didn't he just dig up information on the statute that he had questions about instead of slinging mud??? Plus, I have my doubts as to whether or not his business records were just made up after the fact, as I have seen presented in the court system before, but that is for the judge to decide if the documents are legitimate. Being firm and demanding that employees follow the rules is not considered strong-arming.

“It's all about the ride..”

Since: Jul 08

Cali

#75 Sep 5, 2008
Union vs BA tonight......

GO UNION!!!!
exbateacher

Edmond, OK

#76 Sep 5, 2008
You don't know the whole story!!! These business people and the board members and the others that Sisney has attacked have not done anything illegal or wrong. He is the one trying to coverup for his incompetence. And, as long as this plays out in the media, it's keeping the focus off of him and spotlighting others. All of the facts were not addressed in the petition that was filed. They will come out in court It it gets that far. The board members have been aware of problem with the super. for some time even before this all came to light. Unless you have been privy to any inside info. perhaps you should think twice before you judge the board members and these fine community business people, and the employees that were involved in the allegations. I know this man and his workings. He and his team are ineffective administrators and needs to move on and give our community an opportunity to heal.

Since: Sep 08

Haskell, OK

#77 Sep 5, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, supposed Teacher For Years who says that they worked at BA what are you doing all the way over in Vilonia, AR? And I don't see any problem with taking one point out of many in all those pages of legal documents to let the judge know that he has the respect of others in the field of education. A little blurb about his progress in the school district and some of his recent accomplishments assisting others outside of Broken Arrow with educational matters is not going to make the man sound like an ego maniac. And if you really are/were a teacher at BA, maybe you didn't see him because you weren't working there after he was hired as Superintendent. Also, Dr. Z with Tulsa Public Schools was in the classrooms and showed support, but none of that helped him retain his job. Being in each teacher's classroom is NOT what he is being paid to do. It OBVIOUSLY takes more than just Broken Arrow schools to reach the goals that Dr. Sisney has helped accomplish or else they would have been met long before he was their leader.
In response, actually I am from B.A. and have been a teacher here for the last twenty years. I am not sure why it posted AR. I have seen several superindendents come and go and will probably see many more. If the general public had seen the emails sent to school employees in the district and seen the tactics used in the board building, they would have a better picture of the character of our leadership. It is only my opinion, but superintendents should be out talking to parents, teachers, support staff, and students. Have you ever seen a U.S. President or candidate visit military troops? It is a similar concept. How can a leader get a feel for what is happening at all levels of the program if he/she is not in touch? Spend a little time with the people who are affected by your policies. There is a lot to learn as a leader if you spend time in the trenches. Right now Dr. Sisney needs all of the support that he can get. Unfortunately, there are many who do not feel that he has been a respectable and encouraging leader. But he and Broken Arrow needs everyone's prayers until this issue can be resolved.
The truth

Ashtabula, OH

#78 Sep 6, 2008
Can,t wait for the truth to come out. Then you can eat CROW!!!!
ba parent also wrote:
Did you people take a crazy pill. He just exposed how a vendor in BA was scamming our schools! and the vendor is wanting preferential treatment because he gave to school board members. If you people are that stupid then you deserve some of the board members that represent you. Oh, I forgot you want a wimp, no backbone supt. that caters to all the wishes of the teachers. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg as we know it. Wait till it hits the discovery phase of the suit.
bfd

Tulsa, OK

#79 Sep 6, 2008
so how's it feel to be the one being bullied for a change?
Yea

Edmond, OK

#80 Sep 6, 2008
2 words for you people fighting BA school District " Character Counts"
James

United States

#81 Sep 6, 2008
Sounds like he canned the two employees who were getting kickbacks from Air Assurance, and someone decided they should get rid of him for blowing the whistle.
boycotter

Tulsa, OK

#82 Sep 6, 2008
exercise your right to boycott air conditioning companies
what

Oklahoma City, OK

#83 Sep 6, 2008
James wrote:
Sounds like he canned the two employees who were getting kickbacks from Air Assurance, and someone decided they should get rid of him for blowing the whistle.
It is great to hear that somebody else can see it for what it looks like! While we, the observers, may not know all the ins and outs we certainly know a duck when it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck. Something ain't right here! And it looks like the students, parents, and other taxpayers are getting screwed! If it turns out to be true, citizens of BA should be tissed off and demand the wrong to be righted!!!
what

Oklahoma City, OK

#84 Sep 6, 2008
boycotter wrote:
exercise your right to boycott air conditioning companies
We could have a new sitcom and call it "Welcome Back, Boycotter!" LOL
Kitty

Jenks, OK

#85 Sep 8, 2008
James wrote:
When the ice storm hit, December 2008, we had called them to help our 79 year old Mother out north...no heat, nothing...

They told us, February 2009 was the earlest!!! No joke they said, we have so many customers we can't help other people!!
Wahhh

Tulsa, OK

#86 Sep 8, 2008
Another BA Parent wrote:
Oops! Should be NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
I would tend to believe that a person choosing the career of Teaching, Especially in this state would acknowledge beforehand and now admit that it wasn't due to 'good' pay. I continuous hear " Oh I am not teaching for the money, but out of the good in my heart to help the children".........
Bravo!! In some cases I believe the teachers, in others., my children could be taught as much and as well by a Monkey.

I went to college, I got a degree and I work my buns off for less pay than I expected, do I complain? yeah occasionally, however I am much more thankful just to have a job period! If you want to cry about your salaries, choose a different career and move on already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 3 hr Mmmmmm 211
News 5 agencies the Trump budget proposal would elim... 3 hr Alvin Boss Tank You 19
who neds jobs Wed Alvin Boss Bend O... 8
I love Matrix service by god Mar 21 Alvin Boss 4
trump won Mar 21 Alvin Boss 3
Sheriffe Glanz Said I Could Torture Taser Someo... (Jun '16) Mar 20 Glanz Straight 2HELL 15
Review: Victory Stoneworks (May '13) Mar 20 unknown 5

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages