• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#31743 Oct 6, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
As you already know I support workfare instead of welfare. I find it interesting that according to the Americans with Disabilities act the disabled are required to be considered equally as job applicants and yet we pay them with our tax dollars for being disabled. The reality would seem to be that very few Americans could not contribute in some way for their own support. Yet we have become a hypocritical nation in many ways.
We will put community service workers out alongside a road in orange vests picking up trash but for some reason when you put a thin chain around their ankles and they they are prisoners who have committed a far more serious crime, it suddenly becomes "demeaning" to require them to work doing the same thing.
Somehow it has also become "demeaning" to require someone on welfare to clean up their own neighborhood. Yet if I as a taxpayer, don't clean up my front yard I can be fined and eventually have my home seized and evicted.
On my way to visit my son, he asked if I would stop and pick up a six pack of beer. I stopped at Wal Mart Grocery and lo and behold they demanded I.D.. Now being 65 I found that funny and reached for my wallet only to find I had left it in my vehicle. They flat out refused to sell me the beer unless I went to the vehicle and got my I.D.. "Company policy".(Bought the beer down the street). YET people on welfare can use their entire EBT card on colas, candy, chips and donuts without a single restriction. That's just absurd to me.
Yes, I think there should be more restrictions on welfare. But I never said there should no social subsidies for individuals. What I said was there should be no subsidies for companies.
==========
Excellent points.

On subsidies, they are essentially government regulation. The Gov is telling someone what they can and can't do and how they can and can't do it.

Mitt says he does not dislike PBS, Sesame Stret, Big Bird, what he does not like is government regulation.

Big Bird is not the issue here.

The issue is what right does Federal Government have to regulate and how should it be decided what and who to regulate, and when and where, and under what circumstances.

Obama nor Romney care much, if any, about Big Bird, but they do have differing views on regulation, and what is in "the best interest of the General Public" as opposed to "best interest of the few".

Romney would gladly acquiesce to subsidies to Big Bird in exchange for ending regulation of corporations.

Subsidies are here to stay. Obama wants more to Big Bird(humanity/education) and less to corporations while Romeny wants more to corporations(special interests of elites), and less to Big Bird(education) Different values with both having "potential" for good to society with Romney's way less so. We will decide which course we take on November 6.

Location hidden

#31744 Oct 6, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Agra-business is the big beneficiary of our largess to farmers. Not the individual farmer. Otherwise we would take global climate change more seriously and especially Oklahoma. Like fraking does nothing to drinking water supplies or that pipeline from Canada. But it's starting to get you attention now because we have had 2 years of constant drought. You think food costs are high now, you haven't seen anything yet. The cost of this year's drought are just slowing becoming realized but next year, oh boy. At least that is what food suppliers are telling us in the Restaurant.
So really if your going to keep electing Republicans in the state and in the nation, your going to pay for your denial of science right now in the future on what it costs for you to eat and the subsidies you help poor people eat. The future cost are going to be born by your children and the next generation. Because frankly we've been fiddling while Rome burns. So in the scheme of food and water, deficits are going to be a blimp on their general well being. But heck, if your over 50 you'll be dead.
==========
Your comments on rising prices could have come directly from Glen Beck's preaching over the past several years. Different reasons however, but same results.

Location hidden

#31745 Oct 6, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those who paid into social security/medicare should receive the benefits they paid for period. They paid for it for years, end of story.
There is corporate welfare and giveaways that are directed to pet projects i.e. political cronies, if we eliminated this we would eliminate an avenue of corruption. I would be in favor of elimating lobbyist they rule congress. Dusty always says follow the money...well follow the money.
==========
Funny thing, everyone thinks Congress sucks, but everyone also thinks their representatives are doing a good job.

As long as we think our representatives we send to Washington are doing a great job, nothing will change with the lobbying system that controls this country.

And I know we think our elected officials are great, because we keep electing them and not those who would take a different approach to governance. So in essence we always get the guv'mint we deserve. We the people do it.
Jesse

United States

#31746 Oct 6, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Heck, they don't want to think about how many children and women and men died in Iraq in our search for those WMD but heck they should understand our Woops we thought he had WMD. Sorry about your child but heck we are the worlds policeman.
Whenever congress and the president sends thousands of soldiers into a country in war people will die that is what happens in WAR.
The soldiers aren't randoming killing women and children that's not their mission. What happens is people die (collateral damage)for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. America tries to avoid unnecessary death it's planned into the mission to avoid unnecessary death.

Now, is about the time for justaliar to post one of her notoriously famous statements like "My son doesn't kill people!, you stupid wingnuts act like he's in the infantry! My son is a pilot in the Navy and an OFFICER. He doesn't use a rifle or hand gun! How stupid are you republican winguts? You republicans haven't got a clue all you want to do is regulate who I can love legally and how I use by uterus! You people are uneducated and stupid! My son isn't like the soldiers that killed all those innocent women and children in Iraq, instead MY SON DROPPED BOMBS!"

Welcome to the world of the loonies!

Location hidden

#31747 Oct 6, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever congress and the president sends thousands of soldiers into a country in war people will die that is what happens in WAR.
The soldiers aren't randoming killing women and children that's not their mission. What happens is people die (collateral damage)for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. America tries to avoid unnecessary death it's planned into the mission to avoid unnecessary death.
Now, is about the time for justaliar to post one of her notoriously famous statements like "My son doesn't kill people!, you stupid wingnuts act like he's in the infantry! My son is a pilot in the Navy and an OFFICER. He doesn't use a rifle or hand gun! How stupid are you republican winguts? You republicans haven't got a clue all you want to do is regulate who I can love legally and how I use by uterus! You people are uneducated and stupid! My son isn't like the soldiers that killed all those innocent women and children in Iraq, instead MY SON DROPPED BOMBS!"
Welcome to the world of the loonies!
==========
>>>My son isn't like the soldiers that killed all those innocent women and children in Iraq, instead MY SON DROPPED BOMBS!"<<<

Wanna explain that and show how bombs don't take innocent life?
Jesse

United States

#31748 Oct 6, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>My son isn't like the soldiers that killed all those innocent women and children in Iraq, instead MY SON DROPPED BOMBS!"<<<
Helloooo? Your supposed to be one of the bright ones here??? Well I was using justaliar's thought process to show how loony tuned her rants are most of the time.

Sorry you missed my attempt at humorous instruction!
SayWhat

United States

#31749 Oct 6, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
WTF? You've got to be kidding? Really? Ah come on you can't possibly be that dense?

I can't believe it... LMFAO

Geez!:D

Dude re-read the entire post you responded to...LOL
Katmandu

United States

#31750 Oct 6, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Helloooo? Your supposed to be one of the bright ones here??? Well I was using justaliar's thought process to show how loony tuned her rants are most of the time.
Hey, I thought your post was spot on and funny as hell! Maybe it's a liberal mental block that's causing a problem?

LOL
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#31751 Oct 6, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
While I would agree that the amount of taxpayer funding that goes into PBS is miniscule compared to virtually any Corporate welfare, I wonder on what grounds you justify that funding? Kiddies? Nope. Seasame Street and Thomas the Train and Big Red Dog would find alternative channels. I can understand the theory of PBS back when there was 4-5 channels. I can't today.
I have spent several days watching and tracking what is on PBS. I tend to agree with Dusty. I also can understand the theory of
the government funding back when there were 4 or 5 channels. But from what I saw now on PBS it should not be funded by the government.
Most kids are in day care and Big Bird and such programs are not being used as a learning tool. So I would say very small percent gets anything from these programs. I agree this government funding could be put to better use. That is if are government is smart enough to do this!

Location hidden

#31752 Oct 6, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I actually thought I was responding to Minute.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31753 Oct 6, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what she consistently does LIE. There is hardly anyone I've seen on this thread that hasn't called her on her random lying.
She lies to just-be-lying!
Poor Jesse or who ever you are! I never said anything to you that was a lie that obviously burst your little wingnut bubble. In fact you use the tell that all wingnuts use by chanting 'lie, liar, lying liar' but don't say what is the lie or give proof that it was a lie. I know you wingnuts are butthurt right now when you thought you had a win after the debates, then all you little sandcastles that you had painstaking built up came crashing down with the jobs report. Well just know, your candidates are all built out of sand and it doesn't taken much to blow them away. LOL Loser!

Location hidden

#31754 Oct 6, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I have spent several days watching and tracking what is on PBS. I tend to agree with Dusty. I also can understand the theory of
the government funding back when there were 4 or 5 channels. But from what I saw now on PBS it should not be funded by the government.
Most kids are in day care and Big Bird and such programs are not being used as a learning tool. So I would say very small percent gets anything from these programs. I agree this government funding could be put to better use. That is if are government is smart enough to do this!
==========
Well bless you. I haven't watched PBS that much since my children were pre-school. They loved the programming. They really got involved with the learning process. Helped them immensely. The bad thing about it is they were bored out of their minds during the first few years of school. Then things began to level out and it was not all positive.

“If you can't beat um join um”

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#31755 Oct 6, 2012
Interesting thread!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31756 Oct 6, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make sure everyone understands you. You're bragging about being a Keyboard Commando longer than I have been? We're both wasting time so how is it that you wasting more time makes you more important? The difference in you and I is that I know what is said here doesn't change one single thing. I understand we're less than small fish in a small pond. We're sardines in the ocean.
I don't have to put people in "little slots". People put themselves in those slots. You make it quite clear you're a fem Nazi. The only difference in you and Hitler's "values" is that your "enemy" is white men along with the Jews. You've made it crystal clear that your fat ass would kill off all the white men and Israel if that were in your power. Hitler thought he was all the religion people needed and you think liberalism is all the religion people need. I don't think people need religion at all.
Your rhetoric is all inclusive for everyone except white men and Jews. Hilter's rhetoric was all inclusive for everyone except Jews and those he didn't like. Sorta like you.
But the most telling of all is Hitler was a ugly little man with a Napoleonic complex and you are a fat little woman with a Napoleonic complex.
The major difference in Hitler and someone like you or the religious fundamentalist right is Hitler came along before instant communication was possible and he did a lot undercover before it was understood what he was up to. So he got away with it for a while. But you'd do the same thing, different victims except for the common bond in hating the Jews, that he did if you could get away with it. You're just another petty wanna be dictator.
Poor Dusty, the topic of this board was about health care amendment and drifted off to other things but not once was it labeled The Dusty Outlaw Show. See thats what you do, like a wingnut, you meander off into the personal when you can't baffle them or me with your brilliance. You know I learned that about you that between them and you there's only one or two degrees of separation. They go straight for the personal attack when they have nothing and so do you. I think really you and them could be kissin cousins. LOL
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31757 Oct 6, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I actually thought I was responding to Minute.
Well you didn't even get that one right! But that's what happens when you make assumptions. My son's plane is a sub hunter. So the little bomb you we hoping to launch at me went way way off target. In more ways than one.

Location hidden

#31758 Oct 6, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jesse or who ever you are! I never said anything to you that was a lie that obviously burst your little wingnut bubble. In fact you use the tell that all wingnuts use by chanting 'lie, liar, lying liar' but don't say what is the lie or give proof that it was a lie. I know you wingnuts are butthurt right now when you thought you had a win after the debates, then all you little sandcastles that you had painstaking built up came crashing down with the jobs report. Well just know, your candidates are all built out of sand and it doesn't taken much to blow them away. LOL Loser!
==========
Kinda funny. Obama's lead over Romney got a 1% bump from debate and Romney got nothing. I guess Romney was so busy making up stuff to win that it turned into a loss for him.

Obama is leading in all of the swing states by most polls and by Rasmussen when Rassy is adjusted for his right-wing bias.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#31759 Oct 6, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Well bless you. I haven't watched PBS that much since my children were pre-school. They loved the programming. They really got involved with the learning process. Helped them immensely. The bad thing about it is they were bored out of their minds during the first few years of school. Then things began to level out and it was not all positive.
Well I have not watched it either since my 3 kids out grew it. They were born in the 60s. I just think today there a much better tools out there than Big Bird and shows like it for the kids to learn from. Caught a show this moring about this man giving painting lessons. Now how many people learn to paint like this?

Location hidden

#31760 Oct 6, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you didn't even get that one right! But that's what happens when you make assumptions. My son's plane is a sub hunter. So the little bomb you we hoping to launch at me went way way off target. In more ways than one.
==========
Yeah, it did. Can't win 'em all, but get most of them.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31761 Oct 6, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I have spent several days watching and tracking what is on PBS. I tend to agree with Dusty. I also can understand the theory of
I guess if we make assumption that day care kids don't watch TV during the day. Sorry, but they do. Just because your kids are grown and don't watch any more I know that the popularity of the program didn't crater and crash on losing their viewership, in fact my daughter especially loved the Bird. Plus I'll admit I do catch Antiques Roadshow.

This is almost our last bastion of public broadcasting and there's hundred of channels. My choice keep the channel and the radio program and lose 6hrs. of pentagon funding.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#31762 Oct 6, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if we make assumption that day care kids don't watch TV during the day. Sorry, but they do. Just because your kids are grown and don't watch any more I know that the popularity of the program didn't crater and crash on losing their viewership, in fact my daughter especially loved the Bird. Plus I'll admit I do catch Antiques Roadshow.
This is almost our last bastion of public broadcasting and there's hundred of channels. My choice keep the channel and the radio program and lose 6hrs. of pentagon funding.
So Antiques Roadshow is more important than other programs like helping the homeless, or funding programs such as better care for the needy or programs that help people get back on their feet or to our educational programs. TV and learning tools have changed and come along way since my sons were born. And no the kids in day care are not watching Big Bird at day care. They are actually being taught by a live human person and not TV!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Angelo Cuzalina Pres. American Board of Cos... (Jun '13) 15 min Potentai Patient 62
Deadly Cosmetic Surgery-Tulsa Oklahoma 27 min Potential Patient 1
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. 14 hr wth 13
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr Jeff 2,666
Tulsa Driver Shocked By Power Lines (Feb '09) Tue Lucky777 159
OHP Trooper Fires Two Shots During Tulsa Traffi... (Feb '10) Mon lisawarrenrn63 190
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Mon lolababi 45
•••
•••
Tulsa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tulsa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••