OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#31636 Oct 5, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't blame you for not wasting your time.
2. He's a joke with a sense of humor.
3. He also looks like he's ready to explode my gosh how much weight has he gained?
If Al Gore keeps puffing out one day he's going to wake up and find out he's Chris Christie.
Jesse

United States

#31637 Oct 5, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
If Al Gore keeps puffing out one day he's going to wake up and find out he's Chris Christie.
LOL, wow, don't want to see that day! I haven't seen him in a while and he looked like he would choke his collar squeezing the hell out of his neck!

Location hidden

#31638 Oct 5, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
My level of subscription does not provide MSNBC.
I get the Main Stream Media which is 90% conservative owned.
I watch things like the NEWS. I don't watch pundits break it down for me because it's always obvious what bent they are coming from. And we really don't need the spin at this point. If it's the GOP behind something you already know that it's something to make more money for the ultra rich. If it's the Dems doing something it's to curry favor with the minorities, women and gays for votes.

There is no real "country" in Politics any longer by anyone other than the idiots who vote party line and flag wave. But you don't get elected to D.C. in any position without being bought and paid for by someone. I remember when people were astounded that a Senator would spend 5 million dollars getting re-elected. Now what is average I wonder? 50 million? 100 million? 150 million?

I don't need Faux or MSNBC to tell me what I already know. Follow the money. Always follow the money.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#31639 Oct 5, 2012
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as long as others I'll admit. I've heard of Zogby but he fell out of favor with just about everyone I guess.
I kinda think like some of the others here that these polls vary so much that it's hard to feel very confident in any of them.
==========
>>>I've heard of Zogby but he fell out of favor with just about everyone I guess.<<<

That's the problem with deception, it finally comes to light, but once that deception route is taken it can be very difficult to gain credibility. But a lot of damage can be done before a prevaricator, and someone who does a complete about face repeatedly, is found out and rejected by enough people.

Location hidden

#31640 Oct 5, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Dusty, I see it, yes finally. But don't you feel that you are wasting your time here? It doesn't matter what the rest of us here say, and it doesn't matter how we say it, we will always to them be a "dumb liberal" and an "Obama worshipper" because they don't read what we post. They aren't interested in debate or intelligent conversation. They are stuck in this right wing opium state of diliusion in which there is only the Black and white of their world. Very small thinkers the lot of them and there is really no reason to try because they are unable to discuss anything or read anything with any true clarity. By "them", you know who I mean.
Either they scream profanities and otherwise post nothing of interest to anyone, or they are arrogant and are here only to hear themselves talk. Not to mention their need to group up and attack others because they are cowards and unable to handle a simple discussion on their own.
Mentally, they are 6 year olds and expecting anything more from them, might be somewhat entertaining, but still an absolute waste of time.
I'm wondering if these people act the same in the real world when it's a face to face situation. It's easy to get behind a computer and act the idiot. If nothing else... internet society is an interesting group case study I guess, if you choose to study humans, which I do not.
Well, have to go pick up my bike. It needed drastic repairs and soon I'll be back on the road again just in time for the wonderful weekend/nightlife that is Holland.
Have a good day.
Yes it is a waste of time trying to deal with extremists of both sides. But ya know, I'm far older than you. I ran a business for many years and took more crap from people than the law should allow. And not just the public. On the left I got sued for sexual harassment by a woman I didn't hire, didn't fire, never met.(shrug). I was the division head where she passed through. Case got thrown out but it cost around 15,000.00 to get it thrown out. I got sued for anti sexual preference by a guy who who was clearly documented and fired (by me) for harassing male customers. Case got thrown out but cost thousands again. I've replaced plate glass windows broken out in the middle of the night because I wouldn't allow a skinhead band to play in a store of ours. About 2,000.00 a plate. I've been robbed and beaten by those "fine young black gentlemen" that Minute claims is racist to refer to as thugs when they are less than 5% of the population but commit nearly 40% of violent crime. I've had my identity stolen, our insurance cancelled when my wife was diagnosed with cancer (try that one on for size and you'll become an instant supporter of socialized medicine). I've gone through five IRS audits and never once found to owe a dime more yet it cost tens of thousands of dollars to defend, while Mitt Romney pays a third the percentage that I pay.

So yeah it's useless to try and talk to these extremists but you know what? I paid my dues. I earned my right to be the political person I am. Things are as they are because of extremism in America. We've lost the ability to disagree on one issue and unite on another. It's all right and left wing and no variances allowed. So I am going to tell them what I think. Doesn't do any good but it does make me feel better to know they are the problem, not me.
Wondering

United States

#31641 Oct 5, 2012
This president has some wonderful news to share with all you today. Unemployment rate fell to 7.8%
NOW LET'S ALL CELEBRATE!!!

Meanwhile, some of us will look a little closer, the stats say 378,000 real jobs created sounds wonderful doesn't it? But when you realize over 600,000 of those "jobs" are part time positions by people identifying themselves as wanting full time positions. Plus if you consider our workforce has declined (shrunk) and people have fallen off the rolls because they are no longer looking for a job. There are those who have been without work for 4 years, then the real unemployment rate is over 11% estimated by some economists.

I expect these numbers to be adjusted seems like they always are but I also know of the part time jobs created (600,000)it would be reasonable to speculate they are seasonal jobs which will terminate by January 1, 2013...

2013 is when all the automatic CUTS happen with massive layoffs pending...we are in for a ROUGH
and tumble next year.

...something to look forward too :(

Location hidden

#31642 Oct 5, 2012
Wondering wrote:
This president has some wonderful news to share with all you today. Unemployment rate fell to 7.8%
Meanwhile, some of us will look a little closer, the stats say 378,000 real jobs created sounds wonderful doesn't it? But when you realize over 600,000 of those "jobs" are part time positions by people identifying themselves as wanting full time positions. Plus if you consider our workforce has declined (shrunk) and people have fallen off the rolls because they are no longer looking for a job. There are those who have been without work for 4 years, then the real unemployment rate is over 11% estimated by some economists.
I expect these numbers to be adjusted seems like they always are but I also know of the part time jobs created (600,000)it would be reasonable to speculate they are seasonal jobs which will terminate by January 1, 2013...
2013 is when all the automatic CUTS happen with massive layoffs pending...we are in for a ROUGH
and tumble next year.
==========
Same way it's figured for any other President.

Right-wingers said Clinton jobs were fast-food jobs, but economy responded favorably anyway.

I guess a half of something is better than a whole of nothing.
SayWhat

United States

#31643 Oct 5, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>I've heard of Zogby but he fell out of favor with just about everyone I guess.<<<
That's the problem with deception, it finally comes to light, but once that deception route is taken it can be very difficult to gain credibility. But a lot of damage can be done before a prevaricator, and someone who does a complete about face repeatedly, is found out and rejected by enough people.
I see that description fit congress on both the democrat & republican side. I see that with Jeremiah Wright in interviews he gave then you see his sermons at home in his church. Jesse Jackson's strong arming businesses in Chicago then claiming to be a religious christian leader. Oral Roberts,Pat Robertson,Jimmy Swaggert and God knows how many other "religious" leaders!

It's systemic in our society.
Buck Ofama

Haslet, TX

#31644 Oct 5, 2012
Only an idiot would believe the latest unemployment figures from Capt Hopenchange!! Everyone knew the Commander in Thief would pull this stunt and lie about the numbers. He's actually gotten Lockheed Martin to break the law and postpone thousands of layoffs until after the election!!!!!
Wondering

United States

#31645 Oct 5, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Same way it's figured for any other President.
Right-wingers said Clinton jobs were fast-food jobs, but economy responded favorably anyway.
I guess a half of something is better than a whole of nothing.
If you're serious then your have to disregard the extreme of either side of this political game. Be realistic instead of idealistic. That's why I posted more information than what will be freely given on the unemployment rate, the numbers must be looked at more closely and with greater understanding of how the rate is figured, see what is overlooked or not entered into the formula.

Those that are attached to either extreme will respond in the typical manner....others may actually learn something useful.
Wondering

United States

#31646 Oct 5, 2012
Buck Ofama wrote:
Only an idiot would believe the latest unemployment figures from Capt Hopenchange!! Everyone knew the Commander in Thief would pull this stunt and lie about the numbers. He's actually gotten Lockheed Martin to break the law and postpone thousands of layoffs until after the election!!!!!
Yes, they were offered taxpayers funds to pay for fines for failure to give 60 days notice of pending layoffs, this law is known as the WARN Act. So our current administration strongly suggested not follow the law of the land and because if these contractors failed to obey the law of the land, taxpayers can pay all the fines on the companies behalf. Is this the same administration who screams about corporate welfare and subsidies?

It not only suggesting not to follow federal laws which our current president is the Commander and Chief of our federal government but it is a political stunt to keep the public from knowing about the massive layoffs expected in the very near future. More political GAME PLAYING at the american taxpayer's expense!
Wondering

United States

#31647 Oct 5, 2012
Wondering wrote:
and tumble next year.
sorry guys, I'm showing my dyslexia should have posted 873,000 jobs and 600,000 of that total are part time jobs!
Katmandu

United States

#31648 Oct 5, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry guys, I'm showing my dyslexia should have posted 873,000 jobs and 600,000 of that total are part time jobs!
:D No one is perfect I'm glad you posted the correction though so I could understand what you were trying to say, lol
Jesse

United States

#31649 Oct 5, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they were offered taxpayers funds to pay for fines for failure to give 60 days notice of pending layoffs, this law is known as the WARN Act. So our current administration strongly suggested not follow the law of the land and because if these contractors failed to obey the law of the land, taxpayers can pay all the fines on the companies behalf. Is this the same administration who screams about corporate welfare and subsidies?
It not only suggesting not to follow federal laws which our current president is the Commander and Chief of our federal government but it is a political stunt to keep the public from knowing about the massive layoffs expected in the very near future. More political GAME PLAYING at the american taxpayer's expense!
Even if this administration gets by with what I would term as bribery that wouldn't lessen the company's civil liabilities from breaking the law and failing to notify personnel of pending layoffs so the company would still be liable for damages. With the estimated thousands of laid off employees that could end up being a substantial liability.

Location hidden

#31650 Oct 5, 2012
Here's something I bet Stiglitz and Krugman haven't thought about.

Romney $17000 Itemized Deduction ceiling.

Without putting limits on adjustments, exemptions, credits, and other taxes, it would not effect the ultra-rich very much if any at all. It is an easy matter for businesses and ultra-rich to shift tax considerations from Itemized Deductions to other forms of calculations.

There is much more to a tax filing than Itemized Deductions. Those in the Middle, specifically the upper middle would be hardest hit by Romney $17,000 proposal. It would leave the top and bottom in same or better shape while taking more from the Middle, another hit on the middle.

No one is looking out for the middle. Obama maybe a little more than Romney.

Romney is speaking this moment in Virgina saying he is all for the middle, for that 47%. For education. Any second I expect him to say he is Obama.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31651 Oct 5, 2012
Most Americans are happy to see a good jobs report. Like I said, most Americans. The ones that are unhappy now, were happy to see that the Republicans House put the President's jobs bill which was passed in the Senate, in cold storage. They think it's okay for Mitt to have lied his way through the first debate and watching Mitt's campaign staff the very next day walk back every statement put out by Mitt during the debate. They think filibustering every proposal put out by Democrats is A-OK.

But now that the jobs report that puts unemployment under 8%, well they say...it's a trick...it's a lie..it's a stunt...

Waaahhhh...Waaaaahhh...Waaaah. ..
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31652 Oct 5, 2012
Well you can tell where Oklahoma politicians heads are by these two stories:

Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions

Oklahoma to end Planned Parenthood contracts
Buck Ofama

Haslet, TX

#31653 Oct 5, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Most Americans are happy to see a good jobs report.
Like I said, only an idiot would believe the latest jobs report! Thanks for proving me right, Justababykiller!!
Buck Ofama

Haslet, TX

#31654 Oct 5, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
How do you like that present I left you in the men's room? Bon appetit!!
SayWhat

United States

#31655 Oct 5, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Most Americans are happy to see a good jobs report. Like I said, most Americans. The ones that are unhappy now, were happy to see that the Republicans House put the President's jobs bill which was passed in the Senate, in cold storage. They think it's okay for Mitt to have lied his way through the first debate and watching Mitt's campaign staff the very next day walk back every statement put out by Mitt during the debate. They think filibustering every proposal put out by Democrats is A-OK.
But now that the jobs report that puts unemployment under 8%, well they say...it's a trick...it's a lie..it's a stunt...
Get the celebration out of your system girlee because liberal economist are posting these numbers are anomalies because the numbers don't make sense with the other data! If you bothered to read any other media outlets but the far left ones you get ALL YOUR INFORMATION from, you would have already known both liberal and conservative and middle of the road economists are saying these numbers DO NOT MAKE SENSE.

Perhaps part of the information you need to read is right here on this thread I think it was post #31647 or there abouts. These numbers do not show FULL TIME JOBS and they do not reflect those who dropped off the rolls altogether because our workforce has shrunk or declined if you will.

I'm going to give you a chance to do a little research if you are brave enough before I accuse you of being nothing more than a mindless parrot of the far left of the political spectrum.

Clock's ticking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 9 hr In another state now 313
Betty Shelby To Serve an Protect White People Only 12 hr Perverted Justice 1
Trump Afraid to say Radical Islamics on Middle ... May 24 USS LIBERTY 2
News Sapulpa Police Find 2 Live Explosive Devices In... May 24 avgwhtrash 2
Heather Thompson? (Oct '15) May 22 hero101 8
When you blacks gonna learn??? (Sep '16) May 21 Pastor sharpton 85
Alvin Boss eats poop May 20 Black Terror 15

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance