OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

asdf

Cushing, OK

#31103 Sep 26, 2012
My comment still holds true though. It's another irritating, reoccuring thing with you and Justahag that makes it real difficult to hold conversations. We have to constantly tell you to try to comprehend what you read before you open your big mouths and make 8 paragraph posts about things that weren't even said.

Next.
Jesse

United States

#31104 Sep 26, 2012
asdf wrote:
No, you are right, I misread it and I just read it again. You did say she made the post. I have no problem admitting my mistakes. Now, back to ignoring you.
:D
OkieAbroad

Groningen, Netherlands

#31105 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty,
I am one of those people you describe, voting for the lesser evil. I'm not voting for the Democratic Party because I have any true loyalty to it. When I'm asked here what party I am affiliated with in US elections, I tell them Democrats. I used to tell them differently, but they don't understand the constitution here enough on average to really be able to get your point across.
About the rider bills, that's something I never really understood, in how it's even possible to use that sort of behind the back way to get those bills passed that would have no chance any other way. I know legislaters are busy people, but I do think they should be REQUIRED to read each bill before voting on it and they should get individual consideration. It IS their job afterall.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#31106 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty,
I am one of those people you describe, voting for the lesser evil. I'm not voting for the Democratic Party because I have any true loyalty to it. When I'm asked here what party I am affiliated with in US elections, I tell them Democrats. I used to tell them differently, but they don't understand the constitution here enough on average to really be able to get your point across.
I have traveled Western Europe fairly extensively. Understand what you are saying. Hell our people don't even understand our own government, how can we expect other countries to do the same.

Incidentally, here is how I rate most Western European countries.

1.) Holland has some of the most intelligent people in the cities. Most are bilingual (many 3-5 languages). I like the culture and I'm a huge fan of Amsterdam. My kind of city.

2.) France is a wonderful country if you have money. I particularly like the South of France. Found that the Parisians rudeness disappears if you will even try to speak French.

3.) Germany is a bit still on rules for myself but they have order and they have success. You can't fault them on a whole lot.

4.) I found Northern Italy to be friendly and outgoing and liked Northern Italy a lot. Southern Italy? Not as much.

5.) Never really got a feel for Spain. Saw the running of the bulls once which seemed sorta foolish. But they have some seriously beautiful women.

6.) England is England. You know right up front what you're getting. Love London. Just love it.

7.) Scotland seemed dour but some beautiful country.

8.) Ireland may be the most beautiful of all. Not much to do but the scenery is worth the trip.

9.) Greece is an enigma isn't it? Such history, such beauty and terrible TERRIBLE food. LOL I can't stand mutton.

10.) Don't know much about Austria other than two trips to the Alps at a friend's Chalet. Beautiful. Wished I skii'd. LOL

11.) Scandinavians are all different but similar in weather and beauty. I liked Copenhagen the most. Finland the least. More beautiful women in Sweden than anywhere I ever saw.

12.) Switzerland is like a fine swiss clock. What a clean well run country. Tiny yes, but they got it together. One of my favorite viewing countries.

I miss the trips with the wife to Western Europe.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#31107 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
About the rider bills, that's something I never really understood, in how it's even possible to use that sort of behind the back way to get those bills passed that would have no chance any other way. I know legislaters are busy people, but I do think they should be REQUIRED to read each bill before voting on it and they should get individual consideration. It IS their job afterall.
==========
Not possible for legislators to read each bill before voting on it. They are too lengthy. The best we can hope for is for them to briefly peruse a bill and rely on their aides to read more of it and offer a deeper context.

Location hidden

#31108 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know that's what infuriates me about as badly as anything in government. They don't work that hard. People complain about how much "vacation" presidents take and how much golf they play and on and on. Every single president works twice what congress works. They have recesses twice a year. They don't show up half the time except to grandstand. The house term is two years so anyone in the House of Representative is basically campaigning and fundraising constantly. Then they spend their time blocking, filibustering and otherwise obstructing the majority of the time they are in session and attending.

Did you know that at the Senate bank any Senator or Congressperson can write a hot check for a maximum of 5,000.00 a day for 6 days a week and nobody every calls them on it? Seriously. The article I read studied which were the worst offenders in a single year a couple of years back. 201 Republicans and 194 Democrats wrote hot checks. They're all criminals. These criminals do not represent the American People. They are modern day feudal lords.

“Let's talk like adults, eh?”

Since: Sep 12

Tulsa

#31110 Sep 26, 2012
asdf wrote:
My comment still holds true though. It's another irritating, reoccuring thing with you and Justahag that makes it real difficult to hold conversations. We have to constantly tell you to try to comprehend what you read before you open your big mouths and make 8 paragraph posts about things that weren't even said.
Next.
So true. He gripes that I suggest nuking our enemies where it counts but he said he would shoot conservatives in the street and wished that Oklahoma would be nuked.

What a dipshit.

Location hidden

#31111 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. He gripes that I suggest nuking our enemies where it counts but he said he would shoot conservatives in the street and wished that Oklahoma would be nuked.
What a dipshit.
Talk about lying and distortions. What I said was that if conservatives want their bunker nut war I hope you do it because you'll lose. And as far as nuking Oklahoma goes I clearly said that all women and children and liberals and Indians would be evacuated first. Big difference in what you said. I don't mind nuking America's enemies with good cause and Oklahoma is certainly an enemy of the Country but I have compassion for the women, children and Indians (and liberals to a point) of Oklahoma which is more than you have for Islamic countries.

You're a liar, a hick and a inbred most likely. Now threaten me again bubba. I couldn't care less. You're vermin and you know it, I know it and you know I know it.

Location hidden

#31112 Sep 26, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Not possible for legislators to read each bill before voting on it. They are too lengthy. The best we can hope for is for them to briefly peruse a bill and rely on their aides to read more of it and offer a deeper context.
It would be possible if they stopped passing a thousand bills a year that have nothing to do with anything except making more money for their biggest contributors.
OkieAbroad

Groningen, Netherlands

#31113 Sep 26, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I have traveled Western Europe fairly extensively. Understand what you are saying. Hell our people don't even understand our own government, how can we expect other countries to do the same.
Incidentally, here is how I rate most Western European countries.
1.) Holland has some of the most intelligent people in the cities. Most are bilingual (many 3-5 languages). I like the culture and I'm a huge fan of Amsterdam. My kind of city.
2.) France is a wonderful country if you have money. I particularly like the South of France. Found that the Parisians rudeness disappears if you will even try to speak French.
3.) Germany is a bit still on rules for myself but they have order and they have success. You can't fault them on a whole lot.
4.) I found Northern Italy to be friendly and outgoing and liked Northern Italy a lot. Southern Italy? Not as much.
5.) Never really got a feel for Spain. Saw the running of the bulls once which seemed sorta foolish. But they have some seriously beautiful women.
6.) England is England. You know right up front what you're getting. Love London. Just love it.
7.) Scotland seemed dour but some beautiful country.
8.) Ireland may be the most beautiful of all. Not much to do but the scenery is worth the trip.
9.) Greece is an enigma isn't it? Such history, such beauty and terrible TERRIBLE food. LOL I can't stand mutton.
10.) Don't know much about Austria other than two trips to the Alps at a friend's Chalet. Beautiful. Wished I skii'd. LOL
11.) Scandinavians are all different but similar in weather and beauty. I liked Copenhagen the most. Finland the least. More beautiful women in Sweden than anywhere I ever saw.
12.) Switzerland is like a fine swiss clock. What a clean well run country. Tiny yes, but they got it together. One of my favorite viewing countries.
I miss the trips with the wife to Western Europe.
Nice that you've gotten to travel so much. I've not. Only lived in Holland and visited Germany, Belgium, France and Luxemburg so far, but you never know where I'll end up before the end. I really want to see Ireland and southern England, but I'm afraid if I ever made it Ireland I'd be unable to leave for the beautiful way they speak. ;).
I too like Amsterdam, but I liked Den Haag (The Hague) even better. Both are wonderful places to visit, but since I'm not a city person anyway I wouldn't want to live there. One thing I really enjoyed in both cities but especially in Den Haag is the way you can speak English or any language for that matter without getting the stares and hard looks I often get here in the north. They are so used to it they don't even blink. Very relaxing feeling.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#31114 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dipshit.
Yeah, he's quite the hypocrite on a lot of things.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#31115 Sep 26, 2012
A Muslim Brotherhood operative who visited the White House in March also has ties to a manifesto called “The Project” that turned out to be a Muslim roadmap for infiltrating and defeating the West, according to a documentary film being released tonight on TheBlaze TV.

The visit by Hisham Yahya Al-Talib, who also has ties to several major U.S. Islamic organizations, was billed as an exercise in “faith outreach.”

It may well have been, but to treat Al-Talib as a garden variety faith leader would be severely mistaken. He is anything but – in fact, his connections to the more problematic elements of the Muslim Brotherhood run deep, as Michelle Malkin has documented in her column today, which runs through the laundry list of connections Al-Talib enjoys. For just a quick sample:

Altalib is an Iraqi-born Muslim identified by the FBI as a Muslim Brotherhood operative before he moved to America in the 1970s to earn an advanced electrical engineering degree from Purdue University in Indiana. By his own account, Altalib “soon became active in Islamic work in North America, which continues to this day.”

He was the “first full-time director of the Leadership Training Department of the Muslim Students Association of the United States and Canada (MSA)”— a longtime Muslim Brotherhood front group whose explicit goal is to “conquer” America through Islamic propagandizing.

Altalib is also a founding member of the SAAR Foundation and the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT). Last year, his online biography proudly notes, he was “awarded the ISNA (Islamic Society of North America) Community Service Award.” The Saudi-subsidized ISNA is regarded as the primary U.S. umbrella group for Muslim Brotherhood fronts and was named specifically by the global MB godfathers as a key player in their “Grand Jihad” strategy of infiltration from within.
Click to learn more...

And one particularly frightening bit of information for our purposes:

Altalib worked for one of Al Taqwa Bank’s main owners, Youssef Nada.

For those who don’t know, Youssef Nada is the man in whose house the infamous Muslim Brotherhood blueprint for Islamic infiltration known as “The Project” was found back in 2001.

Granted, Malkin’s story does not specify at what level Al-Talib worked for the Al Taqwa Bank. A Wall Street Journal story from March 22, 2002 describes him as an “officer,” but no detail is available beyond that, such as whether Al-Talib reported directly to Nada. Nevertheless, given al-Talib’s other connections, his invitation to the White House is arguably cause for alarm. Even if Al-Talib himself did not have a hand in drafting “the Project,” he seems to be doing a very good job of acting on its behalf.

For those wanting more information on “The Project,” TheBlaze TV will be airing a documentary tonight at 8 PM surrounding the document.

Location hidden

#31116 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that you've gotten to travel so much. I've not. Only lived in Holland and visited Germany, Belgium, France and Luxemburg so far, but you never know where I'll end up before the end. I really want to see Ireland and southern England, but I'm afraid if I ever made it Ireland I'd be unable to leave for the beautiful way they speak. ;).
I too like Amsterdam, but I liked Den Haag (The Hague) even better. Both are wonderful places to visit, but since I'm not a city person anyway I wouldn't want to live there. One thing I really enjoyed in both cities but especially in Den Haag is the way you can speak English or any language for that matter without getting the stares and hard looks I often get here in the north. They are so used to it they don't even blink. Very relaxing feeling.
My advice would be to visit as many countries as you possibly can while you're young. It gives you a totally different perspective on the propaganda we are fed constantly by our own country.

Let me make a political point here which has to do with English. Virtually all first world countries require English in their schools since it is the international language of business. I am for English as the official Language of the USA. In Holland we asked a guy when lost in a rental car if he spoke German or English since neither of us spoke Dutch. He smiled and replied in English "whichever you prefer". That just warmed my heart. In Amsterdam we had Mexican food in a place run by an Algerian who spoke English. We had pizza in a place run by a Russian who spoke English. Dutch is the official language of Holland but they are so sophisticated compared to the USA. My point is this. Every country should have whatever official language they are from. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't learn other languages however. My wife was fluent in at least 5 languages and passable in more. I can speak Spanish and French and some German. I think it's appalling how little Americans care about other countries. Probably why we are viewed as "ugly Americans".

I guarantee you this. When in Europe if there is a fat balding sunburned man complaining at the top of his voice, with a fat sunburned woman and two fat sunburned kids, they will be complaining in English. They're Americans. Every time. Embarrassing really.
OkieAbroad

Groningen, Netherlands

#31117 Sep 26, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
My advice would be to visit as many countries as you possibly can while you're young. It gives you a totally different perspective on the propaganda we are fed constantly by our own country.
Let me make a political point here which has to do with English. Virtually all first world countries require English in their schools since it is the international language of business. I am for English as the official Language of the USA. In Holland we asked a guy when lost in a rental car if he spoke German or English since neither of us spoke Dutch. He smiled and replied in English "whichever you prefer". That just warmed my heart. In Amsterdam we had Mexican food in a place run by an Algerian who spoke English. We had pizza in a place run by a Russian who spoke English. Dutch is the official language of Holland but they are so sophisticated compared to the USA. My point is this. Every country should have whatever official language they are from. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't learn other languages however. My wife was fluent in at least 5 languages and passable in more. I can speak Spanish and French and some German. I think it's appalling how little Americans care about other countries. Probably why we are viewed as "ugly Americans".
I guarantee you this. When in Europe if there is a fat balding sunburned man complaining at the top of his voice, with a fat sunburned woman and two fat sunburned kids, they will be complaining in English. They're Americans. Every time. Embarrassing really.
Germans also have a bad reputation for that here, especially the young males. I had a college working with me who was still studying from Southern Germany, he was a very nice and kind young man, early 20's. He told me one morning that he tries to learn Dutch as well as possible because he has been so embarrassed by how the young German's act in the stores and on public transportation. He didn't want anyone to know he was German. Strangely enough I hear this alot, and have witnessed it myself and it is mainly young males who act this way. Although the fact that Germans go to the beach, have family or friends bury them in the sand and stick German flags in the sand next to them doesn't help much either haha. Of course the recent history/wars doesn't help either.
No, Americans don't have a great reputation over here and we definitely could do better in way of learning other languages. Just trying to speak the language of the country you are visiting goes a long way even if you aren't fluent.
I also do want to go Swiss one day, have lots of family research to do there in the German speaking Canton of Solothurn. Unfortunately I have a very common Swiss surname so it won't be easy.
OkieAbroad

Groningen, Netherlands

#31118 Sep 26, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know that's what infuriates me about as badly as anything in government. They don't work that hard. People complain about how much "vacation" presidents take and how much golf they play and on and on. Every single president works twice what congress works. They have recesses twice a year. They don't show up half the time except to grandstand. The house term is two years so anyone in the House of Representative is basically campaigning and fundraising constantly. Then they spend their time blocking, filibustering and otherwise obstructing the majority of the time they are in session and attending.
Did you know that at the Senate bank any Senator or Congressperson can write a hot check for a maximum of 5,000.00 a day for 6 days a week and nobody every calls them on it? Seriously. The article I read studied which were the worst offenders in a single year a couple of years back. 201 Republicans and 194 Democrats wrote hot checks. They're all criminals. These criminals do not represent the American People. They are modern day feudal lords.
I have no doubt that serious reform in all branches of the government is needed. Such crap shouldn't be accepted by the people.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#31119 Sep 26, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Do you think Israel has a right to exist? Yes or no?
Of course it has the right to exist, so do the Palestinians too.

Location hidden

#31120 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Germans also have a bad reputation for that here, especially the young males. I had a college working with me who was still studying from Southern Germany, he was a very nice and kind young man, early 20's. He told me one morning that he tries to learn Dutch as well as possible because he has been so embarrassed by how the young German's act in the stores and on public transportation. He didn't want anyone to know he was German. Strangely enough I hear this alot, and have witnessed it myself and it is mainly young males who act this way. Although the fact that Germans go to the beach, have family or friends bury them in the sand and stick German flags in the sand next to them doesn't help much either haha. Of course the recent history/wars doesn't help either.
No, Americans don't have a great reputation over here and we definitely could do better in way of learning other languages. Just trying to speak the language of the country you are visiting goes a long way even if you aren't fluent.
I also do want to go Swiss one day, have lots of family research to do there in the German speaking Canton of Solothurn. Unfortunately I have a very common Swiss surname so it won't be easy.
I agree that the Germans can be almost as bad as the Americans. This got much worse when Germany absorbed East Germany. The East Germans were like a starving dog that had never been in a house being suddenly let into a china shop where everything was sprayed with the scent of meat. Germany themselves have had considerable problems with the youth just as in America. Much of it East Germans who have now spread all over Germany. They have their own brand of "white supremacy" movement as we do here primarily in the Bible Belt. Germany also has their own illegal immigration problem (mostly turks) that breeds the same kind of resentment there that it does here. But I would have to say, having married into a German old school family that the Germans are easily the most abusive and rude tourists in Southern California.

Tulsa

#31121 Sep 26, 2012
asdf wrote:
A Muslim Brotherhood operative who visited the White House in March also has ties to a manifesto called “The Project” that turned out to be a Muslim roadmap for infiltrating and defeating the West, according to a documentary film being released tonight on TheBlaze TV.
The visit by Hisham Yahya Al-Talib, who also has ties to several major U.S. Islamic organizations, was billed as an exercise in “faith outreach.”
It may well have been, but to treat Al-Talib as a garden variety faith leader would be severely mistaken. He is anything but – in fact, his connections to the more problematic elements of the Muslim Brotherhood run deep, as Michelle Malkin has documented in her column today, which runs through the laundry list of connections Al-Talib enjoys. For just a quick sample:
Altalib is an Iraqi-born Muslim identified by the FBI as a Muslim Brotherhood operative before he moved to America in the 1970s to earn an advanced electrical engineering degree from Purdue University in Indiana. By his own account, Altalib “soon became active in Islamic work in North America, which continues to this day.”
He was the “first full-time director of the Leadership Training Department of the Muslim Students Association of the United States and Canada (MSA)”— a longtime Muslim Brotherhood front group whose explicit goal is to “conquer” America through Islamic propagandizing.
Altalib is also a founding member of the SAAR Foundation and the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT). Last year, his online biography proudly notes, he was “awarded the ISNA (Islamic Society of North America) Community Service Award.” The Saudi-subsidized ISNA is regarded as the primary U.S. umbrella group for Muslim Brotherhood fronts and was named specifically by the global MB godfathers as a key player in their “Grand Jihad” strategy of infiltration from within.
Click to learn more...
And one particularly frightening bit of information for our purposes:
Altalib worked for one of Al Taqwa Bank’s main owners, Youssef Nada.
For those who don’t know, Youssef Nada is the man in whose house the infamous Muslim Brotherhood blueprint for Islamic infiltration known as “The Project” was found back in 2001.
Granted, Malkin’s story does not specify at what level Al-Talib worked for the Al Taqwa Bank. A Wall Street Journal story from March 22, 2002 describes him as an “officer,” but no detail is available beyond that, such as whether Al-Talib reported directly to Nada. Nevertheless, given al-Talib’s other connections, his invitation to the White House is arguably cause for alarm. Even if Al-Talib himself did not have a hand in drafting “the Project,” he seems to be doing a very good job of acting on its behalf.
For those wanting more information on “The Project,” TheBlaze TV will be airing a documentary tonight at 8 PM surrounding the document.
I can't wait. Neither can the three amigos. They will celebrate Al-Talib's success as a fellow America hater.

Location hidden

#31122 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait. Neither can the three amigos. They will celebrate Al-Talib's success as a fellow America hater.
You're a fxking idiot. A stereotypical hick. Still posting on the boss's time bubba? Whatever happened to an honest days pay for an honest day's work?

Tulsa

#31123 Sep 26, 2012
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's quite the hypocrite on a lot of things.
Yeah, he lies about things. He "says" he was in the military but he said my rifle in the picture is an Ak-47. What an idiot. A JROTC cadet can see it's not an AK or variant.

He's a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma pilot program helps ex-inmates find em... 1 hr planetprisonor 1
Tulsa Music Scene Sun tester 2
News DNA Links Tulsa Suspect To Rape (Dec '08) Oct 19 Kev 38
Bruce Robbins Jr. (Jun '16) Oct 14 Lakersfan4life 5
News Atoka's L.T. Pfaff 828 yards away from Oklahoma... (Sep '10) Oct 13 Maybe Pick Up Alu... 7
Senagtorial District 8 is the poorest counties ... Oct 13 Bewildered Voter 1
Jacoby Properties, LLC Oct 10 guest 12

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages