Pryor Man Dies In Rollover Accident

Pryor Man Dies In Rollover Accident

There are 9 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jul 11, 2010, titled Pryor Man Dies In Rollover Accident. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

MAYES COUNTY, OK A Pryor man died early Sunday after a rollover accident just west of Adair, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

commonsense

Pauls Valley, OK

#1 Jul 11, 2010
You know those mailboxes are supposed to give away when struck too and I see all
kinds of steel, wrought iron etc., against the law!
Bodidly

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jul 11, 2010
Why do people not wear seat belts after all the ones that are killed do not wear one?
wasp

Tulsa, OK

#3 Jul 11, 2010
...stout mailboxes illegal...hmmm......yeah, isn't being under the influence and/or impaired illegal as well?

What a way to enter eternity. Such a shame.
brave runner

United States

#4 Jul 11, 2010
R I P Too young to go to heaven
wire to wire

Claremore, OK

#5 Jul 11, 2010
I don;t think the mailbox was the cause of the accident. As to reinforced mailboxes, I don;t think it is illegal, but I could be wrong. I've seen everything from steel in the country to fancy brick ones in the housing additions. When you live in rural areas and your mailbox has been destroyed on several occasions by baseball bats, you tend to put up the heaviest duty one you can build. Replacing mailboxes is expensive, time consuming and a nuisance.
John Taylor

Loveland, CO

#6 Jul 11, 2010
Didn't take long for all of you to stick your nose in and say careless insensitive things without even really knowing anything for fact. It ever dawn on you that his loved ones might be reading this and seeing you talk trash?

Whitney Marlin was my neighbor for several years. He was a very good man, a hard working guy who would give the shirt off his back to a stranger or friend in need. He loved his kids, and raised them to do and be good. Maybe there was a beer or two involved,(I wasn't there,) but he wasn't sloppy drunk.

A good man died in a freak accident. We're ALL worse off for his passing. I was pleased to have known him and count him as a friend. My condolences to his wife and children, other relatives and friends. He's one of the few truly good men I've ever known, and he will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace, Whitney. You raised 'em well, bud. Sorry ya never got to see NYC. Hold a spot for me up there in heaven and we'll pick and sing a few when I get there.
k2cmom

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jul 12, 2010
we as well knew Whitney and I agree with John Taylor the world lost a very good person he lived for his family and would do anything for anyone Whitney you will be missed the heavens have recieved a very special person. And it`s not in anyone elses place to judge him only his maker and I believe he will be forever forgiven of any wrong doings
Shelly Marlin

United States

#10 Jul 16, 2010
We sent Whitney to his homegowing yesterday. There were over 500 people in attendance, Many had to walk a mile to reach the rural church his service was held at. The heat index was above 100 degrees. If that doesnt serve as a testament about the type of man Whit was I dont know what would.
Thank you John Taylor, Your kind words meant the world to his wife, sons, daughters, brothers, sister-in-laws. There were no dry eyes when your article was read. To those who never had the chance to know Whit, you are the ones who missed out. To Whitney, I loved you as much, if not more, than I do my biological brother. Thank you for loving me back. RIP
Darlene Armstrong

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jul 19, 2010
I met Whitney at Gunn Hill, a place we used to go to play music on Saturday nights and Whitney and his family would come to listen. My husband Bobby knew him from the Motorcycle Races where Dillion & Dalton raced. I don't have any idea where they got the idea that alcohol played a role in the accident, but I have NO DOUBT that it did NOT because Whitney DID NOT drink!

Whitney always had a smile for everyone & always had a kind word & something positive to say! He will be sorely missed by all, but I'm sure his family will suffer the most.......the ones he interacted with & lived with on a daily basis. It never makes sense to me when the good ones are taken! As sad as it is though, I have no doubt that he instilled his values & philosophy in his family & if they stay true to his ideals, they will go far & be thought of as positively as he is.

I want to convey my deepest sympathy to ALL of WHITNEY's FAMILY. I really only know a few of you, but my HEART goes out to you all! I am truly sorry for your HUGE LOSS and I'm sorry that Dalton had to witness the event. Dillion has always had a special place in my heart since I met him at Gunn Hill. Thank you Johna for keeping me informed. It's people like you all that I miss the most from the jam sessions. You're all in my thoughts & prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA Approves Felony Charge In Oologah Police Imp... (Jul '10) 21 hr OMG 82
Lip Service Debbie Ruggles Tulsa Transit & Dall... (Mar '16) Sat Fat Little Debbie 14
Woman Guilty 5 Counts Corpse Mutilation & Okeee... Fri Guest 4
1 Black Man in Chuck E Cheese Jordan Photo Op, ... Fri Guest 4
Patrick Gordon Apr 27 Not sure 4
Alvin Boss eats poop Apr 25 Dina 11
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) Apr 25 Guest 310

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages