Layoffs At Georgia Pacific Plant

Layoffs At Georgia Pacific Plant

There are 8 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Layoffs At Georgia Pacific Plant. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Layoffs are planned at the Georgia Pacific Plant in Pryor. More than 100 workers were told on Monday the paper plant would be closing its doors for at least six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jun 9, 2008
My heart goes out to their employees.

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jun 9, 2008
Unfortunately this is the terrible trend that likely lies ahead.

Claremore, OK

#3 Jun 9, 2008
The economy is BAD everywhere! I worry abt my job, aerospace industry, with the aiorlines cutting back. It's bound to affect us somehow. Good luck to the employees at GP.

Tulsa, OK

#4 Jun 10, 2008
All of this is tied to the high price of OIL and the people that hold stock in the OIL industry. It is their greed that is hurting our economy. The two biggest live in DC.

Muskogee, OK

#5 Jun 10, 2008
Yeah, that sucks. I hate for all those folks to lose their job but I am also sick of blaming everything on the president. He has been blamed for 9-11, economy, gas prices, oil prices, hurricane katrina.....time to find a new goat.

De Witt, IA

#7 Jun 10, 2008
I have to agree with Muhee. You have a whole government who for 30years has put roadblocks in place for domestic drilling AND clean energy substitutes such as nuclear (yes its clean, the French, Germans and Japanese have used it with no accidents for decades now). Wind and sun are decades away from being a real option to replace fossil fuels. Want economy to turn around and gas prices to go down. Tell your Representatives to DRILL IN AMERICA NOW! Tell them to end Corn Ethanol subsidies that are starving people in the 3rd world and raising domestic food prices by 50-75%. Cellulose (switchgrass) ethanol is proven and won't have as much impact on food prices. Lastly, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Don't suck up every bit of tripe that the news and your personnel pet politician spout. Persecute the oil companies, I don't care, persecute Cheney and Bush, I don't care. Neither of these things will lower gas prices NOR stimulate an economy ravaged by high energy prices. Those things were created by a goverment that did NOTHING to try and end reliance on foreign energy. I pray for these people and their families. I pray for my own job and my family. I fear America will ride rhetoric and fear right into the unemployment line.

Tulsa, OK

#8 Jun 10, 2008
I recall Bush tring to drill in Alaska....Wonder why that didn't happen. I would start looking for a job in the energy field or go back to school.

Federal Way, WA

#9 Nov 21, 2008
I could not agree more wiht MikenHaskell, everything is not the Presidents fault. Congress has does none nothing for energy independents, and now they are bailing out companies left and right. Yet the President gets blamed. Sorry people but the Democratic controlled Congress for the past two years is the one that creates this bail out bills, the President just signs them into law. You can blame the President but just don't forget about Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reed, they too are too blame!!`

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Voters On The Sidelines This President... 48 min aclue 1
News Police Chase Ends In Fatal Traffic Accident (Apr '08) 12 hr Lady H 73
indian reservations 23 hr adele 13
Gary Shaffer: Who Cares Bout Stupid Tulsa Kids,... (Aug '15) Wed Alvin Boss 7
Trump: Summer Zervos is Gropalicious Wed Alvin Boss 5
a vote trump Wed Alvin Boss 5
Vote Excellent Evan McMullin GOP for President,... Oct 21 Alvin Boss 2

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance