Tulsa State Fair Officials Say 2010 Was A Very Good Year

The final numbers won't be released until Tuesday, but Tulsa State Fair officials say paid gate sales through Saturday were $1.8 million. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's good to be me!”

Since: Jun 08

4 me 2 know and U 2 find out

#1 Oct 11, 2010
It's a money pit
Lawrence

United States

#2 Oct 11, 2010
The extreme increase in gate admission would insure a banner year with last year's weather. When you increase as big as they did this year how can they not be pleased.
P.T. Barnum is alive and well in Tulsa
Major D_i_c_k

Monett, MO

#3 Oct 11, 2010
So happy to hear this - maybe the mayor can now afford to bring back some of his buddies...
Mikey

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2010
Lawrence wrote:
The extreme increase in gate admission would insure a banner year with last year's weather. When you increase as big as they did this year how can they not be pleased.
P.T. Barnum is alive and well in Tulsa
If you can't afford $8 to get in the fair, then you certainly can't afford to go and buy anything there.
Lawrence

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't afford $8 to get in the fair, then you certainly can't afford to go and buy anything there.
If you worked for a living you would go on a Saturday or Sunday (probably) The weekend days were $10 per person not $8. The point was the increases versus the inflation rate and something called VALUE. Like I've said P. T. Barnum is alive and well in Tulsa. Thanks for supporting that point
Brian

Tulsa, OK

#6 Oct 11, 2010
$10 is way too much. Yes I am a tighwad.
Brian

Tulsa, OK

#7 Oct 11, 2010
tightwad that is

“THUNDER season ticket member”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 11, 2010
I bet you if Bell's was still around, they would have earned more money. Believe it or not, a lot of people looked forward to the fair each year because of Bell's - myself included. Since Bell's was abruptly evicted, I have no desire to ever step foot in Expo Square again. I refuse to spend my hard earned money on an event ran by an incompetent and corrupt fair board who kicked a 50+ year family business off their turf for a parking lot.
REALLY

Owasso, OK

#9 Oct 11, 2010
paperleight wrote:
I bet you if Bell's was still around, they would have earned more money. Believe it or not, a lot of people looked forward to the fair each year because of Bell's - myself included. Since Bell's was abruptly evicted, I have no desire to ever step foot in Expo Square again. I refuse to spend my hard earned money on an event ran by an incompetent and corrupt fair board who kicked a 50+ year family business off their turf for a parking lot.
AMEN !!!!
Me Too

Tahlequah, OK

#10 Oct 11, 2010
Ever since the Bell's fiasco, those theives that run the TSF won't get any of my money ever again....
DoTheMath

Tulsa, OK

#11 Oct 11, 2010
Admission was the same price this year as it was last year folks. It was increased last year.
get over it

Tulsa, OK

#12 Oct 11, 2010
paperleight wrote:
GET OVER IT! The Bell's lease EXPIRED in accordance with the terms of the lease they signed long ago. The last five+ years it was filthy and embarrassing... great way to inspire confidence you can do better. Keep your childhood memories but put the blame for the demise where it belongs 100% with the Bell family because all that Bell's had was worn out junk held together by decades of bubble gum stuck everywhere and a promise to do better next time. The amazing thing was there were not more accidents but had it stayed open you can bet there would have been punctuated by street gangs taking over the place!
Robin

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Oct 11, 2010
get over it wrote:
<quoted text>GET OVER IT! The Bell's lease EXPIRED in accordance with the terms of the lease they signed long ago. The last five+ years it was filthy and embarrassing... great way to inspire confidence you can do better. Keep your childhood memories but put the blame for the demise where it belongs 100% with the Bell family because all that Bell's had was worn out junk held together by decades of bubble gum stuck everywhere and a promise to do better next time. The amazing thing was there were not more accidents but had it stayed open you can bet there would have been punctuated by street gangs taking over the place!
Street gangs were at the fair!
tulsafam

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Oct 11, 2010
The amazing thing to me is that so many of the people who go to the fair are the same ones using wic/food stamps and on medicaid/soonercare. I guess if you don't have to pay for anything else, the outrageous prices at the fair are no big deal.
JohnInTulsa

Castle Rock, CO

#15 Oct 11, 2010
OK, so it would seem that everyone here would like to complain about the cost.....How about saving the city some money by throwing your trash in a container, instead of on the ground?
Reality

Tulsa, OK

#16 Oct 11, 2010
Interesting...this channel does a story with reality and facts. Channel 8 talks about how the fair was up 33% this year, but someone havent seen any numbers to go by. Same story from them every year...wonder what kind of kickback they are getting. Gooooo Channel 8!
tulsafam

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Oct 11, 2010
JohnInTulsa wrote:
OK, so it would seem that everyone here would like to complain about the cost.....How about saving the city some money by throwing your trash in a container, instead of on the ground?
And what does that have to do with a $6 corndog????
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#18 Oct 11, 2010
paperleight wrote:
And some of that parking lot was $10 to park.

Since: Oct 10

Sand Springs, OK

#19 Oct 12, 2010
"A Very Good Year" for whom? Not for Fair Go-ers.
lanette

Tulsa, OK

#20 Oct 12, 2010
Omg! the fair was not that good at all this year! And what's up with all these dang! fights at the fair with these kids? i mean did you see all the cops out there just walking around doing nothing? Yeah that were our tax dollars are going.They had more food spots out there then rides.$165.00 on what? this will be the last time for a while..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Larry Spivey (Nov '13) 15 hr PatCal 3
Okla. teacher fired for snack run with 11 kids ... Dec 23 Casual Observor 1
Diesel Prices Slowly Falling At Oklahoma Gas St... Dec 23 eve 1
Mysteries At Oklahoma Lake Remain For Families ... Dec 21 hollywood here we... 3
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) Dec 19 hey 183
Balls of Fire Dec 18 Ryan Johnson 1
DHS Workers Speak Out On Agency (Jul '08) Dec 18 lynn 1,491
Tulsa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tulsa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tulsa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tulsa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]