Tax Commission Changes Credit For Ele...

Tax Commission Changes Credit For Electric Cars

There are 2558 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Tax Commission Changes Credit For Electric Cars. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A lot of Oklahomans scrambled to buy electronic cars after they learned they could get some for practically free thanks to state and federal tax credits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Just noticed

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Sep 22, 2009
Seems some post have been removed? Or is it just me ?

Humm ....
RandT

United States

#29 Sep 22, 2009
Get all communication between the Tax Commission and Club Car under the freedom of information, We cannot let this Goood Ole Boy's club continue in Oklahoma. We need to all file a class action suit. Love it when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Where is channel six on digging into how this happened. Who are the people on this commission?
teresa

Crescent, OK

#30 Sep 23, 2009
Just noticed wrote:
Seems some post have been removed? Or is it just me ?
Humm ....
WOW!

Why did they remove my post???
Jean

Cotopaxi, CO

#31 Sep 23, 2009
Well another day spent making my share of calls to the Ok. Tax Commission. Today was to speak to Dawn Cash, director, who of coarse is always on another line. She is the one who decided Club Carryall's was accepted. In her letter to Justice Golf Cars she stated that it had a fully enclosed cab area. Yes if you want that option it is extra, just so it is on alot of the other ones if you want to pay extra for it.
Nothing has changed since last Thursday. Kind of funny that Justice Golf Cars were approved in one day and now it seems like it will take along time for them to decide on the other ones. Just long enough for Carryall's to make a killing.
Someone stated above you have to be crazy to think someone would jeopardize their job to do something under the table. There is alot of money riding on this. People have been caught numerous times with their hand in the cookie jar. Don't think for a minute because you work for the Tax Commission or any part of the government that makes you above it. There's alot of white collar workers doing time in the prisons.
Come on Gov. Henry do what is right. The tax payers of Oklahoma did not ask for this credit it was offered to us since 1996. Do the honest thing.
Donna McMillan

Oklahoma City, OK

#32 Sep 23, 2009
Before purchasing our electric car (like a golf cart), my husband called the Oklahoma Tax Commission, gave them a description of the vehicle and the model number. He was assured that this vehicle would qualify for a tax credit. We purchased said model, put up a deposit ($2751.00), and less that a week later the news broke that a tax credit would not be given. This is absolutely unacceptable!
Teresa

Hennessey, OK

#33 Sep 23, 2009
Supposed to have a decision on Friday - or so they say. We should know then which cars are legal. This won't be over for a long, long time for the people who bought the "wrong" car.....all we can do is keep calling and hoping OTC does the right thing!
Jean wrote:
Well another day spent making my share of calls to the Ok. Tax Commission. Today was to speak to Dawn Cash, director, who of coarse is always on another line. She is the one who decided Club Carryall's was accepted. In her letter to Justice Golf Cars she stated that it had a fully enclosed cab area. Yes if you want that option it is extra, just so it is on alot of the other ones if you want to pay extra for it.
Nothing has changed since last Thursday. Kind of funny that Justice Golf Cars were approved in one day and now it seems like it will take along time for them to decide on the other ones. Just long enough for Carryall's to make a killing.
Someone stated above you have to be crazy to think someone would jeopardize their job to do something under the table. There is alot of money riding on this. People have been caught numerous times with their hand in the cookie jar. Don't think for a minute because you work for the Tax Commission or any part of the government that makes you above it. There's alot of white collar workers doing time in the prisons.
Come on Gov. Henry do what is right. The tax payers of Oklahoma did not ask for this credit it was offered to us since 1996. Do the honest thing.
Teresa

Hennessey, OK

#34 Sep 23, 2009
Donna, did you happen to get the name of the OTC person you talked to? That should come in handy if they don't include your car on their "approved" list. My advise is to make lots of phone calls so your voice can be heard. We can't be silent about this!
Donna McMillan wrote:
Before purchasing our electric car (like a golf cart), my husband called the Oklahoma Tax Commission, gave them a description of the vehicle and the model number. He was assured that this vehicle would qualify for a tax credit. We purchased said model, put up a deposit ($2751.00), and less that a week later the news broke that a tax credit would not be given. This is absolutely unacceptable!
pooodd taxpayer

Fairview, OK

#35 Sep 23, 2009
the otc has dumbed down since thursday! called and asked what the difference between golf cart and a qualified vehicle they do not know.how can a person make a conversion kit to qualify if specs of qualified unit are kept secret?
go figure

Fairview, OK

#36 Sep 23, 2009
club car is not federal credit approved but yet the first to be state approved! who needs a conversion kit club car is akin to a golf cart . in a family tree looks like on the same branch. why talk cosmetics of vehicle when this is a electric credit?golf cars have less kw rating . but the otc is worried about cosmetics.
go figure

Fairview, OK

#37 Sep 23, 2009
dfm usa press release shows will be oklahoma certified followed by federal certification. is otc delaying to allow this certification to sell these in state? press release 9-22-09
Bob Bennie

Louisville, NE

#38 Sep 23, 2009
Ada Electric Cars filed a lawsuit this afternoon against the OK Tax Commission and the Commissioners personally. What the tax commission has done stinks to high heaven. Ada Electric Cars had their Tomberlin LSV vehicles approved in writing by the Tax Commission in August of 2008-that's right last year. The Tomberlin vehicles have been licensed by the OK Motor vehicle commission for over 3 years. Its clear Chip Cutler of Justice golf Cars (who got the approval for the Club Car Carryalls) has done something fishy. He wasn't even in the market as a competitor before last Friday!
unorganized otc

Kingfisher, OK

#39 Sep 24, 2009
what is incidental street use having to drive more than 5 miles a day to qualify where is that in the statue i live 2 miles from work this is wrong! will dfm usa be certified before we get news on existing units? how can 3 be certified on friday and 0 since in 3 days?
unfair to taxpayers

Kingfisher, OK

#40 Sep 24, 2009
so unfair to take so long to qualify units that were already lsv units the v meaning vehicle not golf cart otc will not tell us cosmetic difference between lsv and golf cart club car resemlble golf car but state qualified.
Jean

United States

#41 Sep 24, 2009
Ada Electric Cars files lawsuit against Tax Commissioners

Yesterday, September 23rd, Ada Electric Cars filed suit against the Oklahoma Tax Commission and each commissioner personally. The named commissioners are Thomas Kemp, Jr., Jerry Johnson, and Constance Irby. The law firm representing Ada Electric Cars is Mitchel, Gaston, Riffel & Riffel. The suit also asks for an emergency court order to reverse the commission’s unlawful revocation of the Oklahoma Tax Credit for electric vehicles.

Hope everyone else involved will follow suit with Ada Electric Cars!
Keep calling your Reps. and Gov. Henry!
otc giveth otc took away

Hennessey, OK

#42 Sep 24, 2009
what logic is it if you call it a golf cart or not the issue here it is going green and electric powered that is why is called a electric tax credit!the otc is so confused because they will not post a comparsion of golf cart and qualified vehicle. we want to comply but otc is not helping with spec to determine what we have! fire them all and get someone who will help us!!!!!
guess what

Hennessey, OK

#43 Sep 24, 2009
otc employees not allowed to give info on lsv and brad henry using a stall tatic to save state money also helping small buisnees to go bankrupt.brad wants customers to back out of purchases in his 45 days of stalling also giving us less time for installing update kits at 50% cost to state to meet requirements . this is what we want from a termed out goveror right?
Priceless

Tulsa, OK

#44 Sep 24, 2009
How does anyone afford to buy a car in this economy? I'm looking at bicycles. And if those are too much then I guess it's a pair of cheap sneakers from WalMart.
scott

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Sep 24, 2009
I spoke with someone at the OTC and this is what I was told. Yes the governor has 45 days to decide. They will not publish a list of cars unless he votes for the bill. Even if he decides against the emergency rule the OTC STILL has the right to deny you for the credit because they will claim that the statute has never changed. In other words they are, and will always be the deciding factor regardless of the emergency rule. I have just taken my 2500 deposit back and am wondering what to do now. The OTC says they will have to make specific clarifications however they have given no time frame for these clarifications and it is my belief that we will never see them...not in the 2009 year. This will most likely be a "roll-the-dice" situation for everyone. I complained about the "clubcar carryall" and the responce was agreement and a lot of silence. Something dirty happened over there and the owner of this mess will only be caught with investigation,HOWEVER; as far as the consumer is concerned I dont see any other way out of this other than to walk away with our tail between our legs. They wont tell us whats happening so how can you risk all that money? This doesnt look good for BRad Henry, Paula Ross, The "evil 3" at the OTC or anyone else involved but what are we supposed to do. This is a controversy for the long haul. If there are dealers on this thread then I can understand but the average consumer needs to get out...right? Tell me something different because Im sitting here wondering what to do.
george

Kingfisher, OK

#46 Sep 24, 2009
do not give in that will give them satisfaction to treating taxpayers wrong they are bluffing. we taxpayers pay their wages we should be the boss not them. so let us all stick together and show them we are boss.after all the class action lawsuits are finished we will be the winners shady otc employees looseers!!!!!!! lawsuits is why they are tight lipped and their wrong
Jim

Owasso, OK

#47 Sep 24, 2009
scott wrote:
I have just taken my 2500 deposit back and am wondering what to do now.
If you got your deposit back, I think you did the best thing. This deal may not go as we had hoped. I was already driving my car around town when they started changing things so I can't get my deposit back at this point. But I do have an OSU orange electric car that I can drive here and might even take to Stillwater for homecoming. It is a great way to get around campus when there are a lot of people there. I will not be happy if Oklahoma backs out and leaves my hanging, but it is too late for me to change my mind.
Save yourself if you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suicide rates in Oklahoma, Tulsa among highest ... 11 hr Whats Wrong With ... 2
Another homicide reported in east Tulsa on Tues... 12 hr Whats Wrong With ... 1
News Tulsa Police Name City's Latest 5 Murder Victims 20 hr Whats Wrong With ... 1
ann marie young Mon Uh-huh 3
News Tulsa Man Arrested After Caught Masturbating Ou... Mon Uh-huh 1
News Many Green Country teachers foot the bill for c... Mon Senator Inbred In... 1
Tulsa Hosts Summer Olympics 2024 Sun Senator Inbred In... 1

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages