Sand Springs Lawmaker Wants Death For Repeat Child Molesters - ...

There are 17 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Aug 14, 2009, titled Sand Springs Lawmaker Wants Death For Repeat Child Molesters - .... In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A state lawmaker plans to file legislation next year to impose life in prison or the death penalty on repeat child molesters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Clorisa

Shawnee, OK

#1 Aug 14, 2009
These monsters need to be locked up for life. Get them off our streets and away from our children!!! They will not be cured!!!

“By my walk,not my talk,”

Since: Mar 09

Tulsa, Ok

#2 Aug 14, 2009
Oh Goody...Possibly a life sentence. That's if his attorney doesn't plead him down to a misdemeanor and the judge doesn't allow probation in a cople years.....Our court system is in need of revamping. Death after two offenses???
ABSOLUTELY!!!

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Sep 08

Bethany, OK

#3 Aug 14, 2009
I agree with this lawmaker and I pray that they pass this one or send it to the voters.
Jenny

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Aug 14, 2009
The penalties should be jail plus education for the first offense; castration for the second offense with jail time; euthanasia for the third offense.
Linda

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 14, 2009
" The U.S. Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue.(No death penalty). And Rep Rex Duncan is aware of that fact. He is just jumping on this band wagon for political grand standing and it is a shame for ANY politician to exploit this child and circumstances for political gain.

Now, if Rep. Rex Duncan really wants to do something constructive, quit putting faith in a Tier system that does not work. It has not protected this girl and will not protect anyone. What it does is cost an enormous amount of money for absolutely "no protection" for anyone.

There is no "Individual Risk Assessment in Oklahoma." The law makers would rather put their faith in a Tier system in which 78% of Oklahoma's Sex offenders are on.

People who's crimes are 10, 15, 20 years or more who have never reoffend. Non-aggravated, non--habitual and teens for consensual sex.

Gus Blackwell is absolutely correct when he said, "The predators are hiding in the registry" Well, Rep Rex Duncan, What are YOU going to do about that.

Quit grand standing and exploiting this horrible incident and FIX this registry and Make darn sure that "INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSESSMENTS" are the rule.

This incident and many repeat sex offenses could have been avoided.

After all, "if it saves JUST ONE CHILD." "
TruthAboutRSOlaw s

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Aug 14, 2009
I have three words for the senator:

Louisiana v. Kennedy.

*ex offender truth @ www.oncefallen.com
Linda

Tulsa, OK

#7 Aug 14, 2009

“YEAH, BOYEEEEE!”

Since: Jul 09

OKC Metro

#8 Aug 14, 2009
Why not just kill them. Save the taxpayers a ton and keep the kids safe at the same time.
Whatever

Jenks, OK

#9 Aug 14, 2009
Many of you may not agree with me, but if a person, male or female, is convicted of child molestion, there shouldn't be a second chance.
Karen

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Aug 14, 2009
Makes sense to me!

“A witty saying proves nothing.”

Since: Sep 08

Bethany, OK

#11 Aug 15, 2009
I agree whatever..however not all first offenses are real. Some people wind up with these charges for simply being 18 while thier girlfriend is still under age and her parents may not like him. Some people wind up with these charges because the woman lied ( we know this happens ) . SO I Think it should be anyone caught with a child under the age of 12 and/or can prove it without a doubt should be killed on the spot. No appeals process just take em out back and shoot them in the head. Would save us tax payers from having to house them in prisons and would save loads of children from ever having to go through this.
Mark_Guthrieblu

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Aug 15, 2009
RIGHT ON REX
Whatever

Jenks, OK

#13 Aug 15, 2009
just_a_name wrote:
I agree whatever..however not all first offenses are real. Some people wind up with these charges for simply being 18 while thier girlfriend is still under age and her parents may not like him. Some people wind up with these charges because the woman lied ( we know this happens ). SO I Think it should be anyone caught with a child under the age of 12 and/or can prove it without a doubt should be killed on the spot. No appeals process just take em out back and shoot them in the head. Would save us tax payers from having to house them in prisons and would save loads of children from ever having to go through this.
I was thinking about this case specifically, but I certainly see where you're coming from. The age of 12 is way too young as a cut off age to me. I know there are young girls who consent to sex and then claim rape. It's aweful. Young men need to be aware of the possible legal reprucussions before they choose to date/have sex with a girl so much younger than they are. It might save some young men alot of trouble.
I'm not sure exactly how laws should be changed to protect young men from false accusations, but in my thinking, someone 18 years of age, or older, shouldn't be having sex with a girl that is 13 years of age.
Tall Man

Tulsa, OK

#14 Aug 15, 2009
Linda wrote:
" The U.S. Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue.(No death penalty). And Rep Rex Duncan is aware of that fact. He is just jumping on this band wagon for political grand standing and it is a shame for ANY politician to exploit this child and circumstances for political gain.
Now, if Rep. Rex Duncan really wants to do something constructive, quit putting faith in a Tier system that does not work. It has not protected this girl and will not protect anyone. What it does is cost an enormous amount of money for absolutely "no protection" for anyone.
There is no "Individual Risk Assessment in Oklahoma." The law makers would rather put their faith in a Tier system in which 78% of Oklahoma's Sex offenders are on.
People who's crimes are 10, 15, 20 years or more who have never reoffend. Non-aggravated, non--habitual and teens for consensual sex.
Gus Blackwell is absolutely correct when he said, "The predators are hiding in the registry" Well, Rep Rex Duncan, What are YOU going to do about that.
Quit grand standing and exploiting this horrible incident and FIX this registry and Make darn sure that "INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSESSMENTS" are the rule.
This incident and many repeat sex offenses could have been avoided.
After all, "if it saves JUST ONE CHILD." "
Linda, I like your spunk and the fact you do your homework. Many times we see lawmakers grandstand on an issue, knowing good and well they won't have the votes to make anything happen.

BUT, what if enough citizens like you and me lobbied our legislators to overhaul the laws and make sure even a FIRST time child molester serves AT LEAST 30 years?

I'm just a hard working redneck who wants to keep dangerous people away from my family. This kind of story makes me think of my little granddaughters and how our justice system releases supposedly rehabilitated perverts back into our communities, and as in this case, they do it again.

“YEAH, BOYEEEEE!”

Since: Jul 09

OKC Metro

#16 Aug 15, 2009
If we had more politicians with guts, we could just invoke the 10th Amendment and tell the federal government to get bent. Then we could execute all the pedophiles the way they so richly deserve.
Christina

Nampa, ID

#17 Aug 15, 2009
I dont think they should have a chance at a second offence, heck they shouldn't have had a chance at the first. I think they should get the death penalty the first time. But I agree with "just_a_name" other than with the age of 12 they need to take them out back and kill-em.
Heather

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Aug 31, 2009
How many more news stories do we have to hear about poor little children being molested, kidnapped, raped, and killed, by repeat offenders? I use to work with a woman who was 25 and when she was 19 she met a girl at a party who she liked. This particular girl was only 16 but never divulged her age, nor did my co-worker ask...long story short she is now a registered sex offender and will be forever even though it was consensual...but illegal. However I'd leave my children with her in a heart beat. I think there is a big difference between the pervert who molests kids and the young kids to stupid to ask for I.D...we need to discern the dangerous ones from the stupid ones. I much rather have the people who are in jail for stupid stuff like having pot on them back out on the streets, and put the dangerous ones in there instead. We need to stop messing around with offenders. We need to be the voice for little children. Could you imagine how that little 2 year old girl felt naked with some old man who wants to hurt you and you don't know where your parents are? We need to stop that from even happening, and if that is the death penalty for repeat offenders than I'm all for it. In biblical times offenders were publicly stoned...and that was for the first time. I think if we had harsher punishments it would deter people from acting on their sick impulses...and for the ones that it wouldn't deter are the really dangerous ones who would deserve to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
colette draeger Sat RANSOM PRIDE 1
I Can't Let Go Sat Eternal truth 605
Twenty Democrats "JOHNS" arrested at Tulsa Mass... Sat Bernie Sanders 1
News Arrests Made At Tulsa Massage Parlor (Feb '07) May 1 bigcabin 529
jews Apr 30 Looking 2
News Patients Speak Out After Doctor's Arrest (Oct '08) Apr 30 Just an observation 50
News Names Released In Fatal Wagoner Co. Shooting (Dec '08) Apr 29 family 20
More from around the web

Tulsa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]