Who is Tulsa's Best Golf Teaching Pro...

Who is Tulsa's Best Golf Teaching Professional for Golf Lessons in Tulsa?

Posted in the Tulsa Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Branden Sheldon

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Oct 22, 2009
I am looking for long term improvement on my golf game. I have tryed some golf lessons here and there, but they all seem to be quick fix instructors and nothing ever lasts, not to mention when you do find a good one they aren't working there anymore when you call again.

Thank you - Branden
Martha Fields

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Oct 25, 2009
I took advantage of Kevin's ladies golf lessons in Tulsa last year. I learned so much and the indoor studio was a great atmosphere to learn in.

I would vote for Kevin Edwards as the best golf instructor in Tulsa.
Gerome Smith

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Oct 25, 2009
I live in Tulsa and went for golf lessons at Golf Tec in Tulsa. I have not tryed out Kevin Edwards Golf School but I think I will this year, I like the idea of coming once a week for a whole year if I want too. I have heard that Kevin gives really good on course golf lessons too.
B Johnson

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Oct 26, 2009
It would definately be a toss up between Brian at Golf Tec and Kevin Edwards at Grant Golf Studio. These guys teach full time. Other Pro's in the area work at the golf courses in the proshop and teach golf on the side in their spare time. there are some decent golfers at the courses but they dont have near the teaching experience as the full time instructors like Brian at Golf Tec of Tulsa and Kevin Edwards of Grant Golf Studio in Tulsa.
JBW

Broken Arrow, OK

#7 Oct 26, 2009
I have taken lessons form several golf pro's in the area and I would say it is between Holly Hair and Kevin Edwards. I would say if you are a man go see kevin for golf lessons and if you are a woman go see Holly. I agree with Gerome, the idea of being able to come once a week and not break the bank is a good concept.
Kevin has a website http://www.grantgolfandguitars.com/GolfSchool...
Brett

Broken Arrow, OK

#9 Oct 27, 2009
I agree tulsa best golf lessons are given by Holly Hair and Kevin Edwards

Compare their rates here:

Kevin Edwards http://www.grantgolfandguitars.com/

Holly Hair http://www.teetowngolfranch.com/index.cfm...

Golf Lessons in Tulsa
TUGOLFER3

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Oct 27, 2009
Kevin Edwards helped me with my putting and short game. Best golf lessons I have ever had. I can say that if you need help with the short game or full swing golf lessons in Tulsa, go see Kevin.
Pat McTigue

Belleville, NJ

#11 Oct 28, 2009
GolfTEC is all about long term improvement, and has the technology and expertise to facilitate it. I'm the owner of GolfTEC Tulsa, and this forum is not the time or the place for a hard sell, so I'll simply suggest you come in for a demo and explanation of what we do and how we do it.

Nothing to lose.
Danny Summers

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Oct 28, 2009
I am a student of Kevin Edwards and I would say he is the best golf lesson provider I have come across in Tulsa.

Kevin is very down to earth, no smoke and mirrors or fancy video analysis...just good golf instruction that sticks.

I have heard that Pat at Golf Tec is a decent instructor too. He used to give golf lessons at Golf Galaxy.

Bishop T

Broken Arrow, OK

#13 Oct 29, 2009
I remember taking lessons from Kevin Edwards when he was at La Fortune Park. Great Golf Instructor. What I especially remember is that he made a point to play golf with every single student he taught. The other thing I like about Kevin is that is rates are reasonable. I know a lot of golf lesson providers in the area have a little "ego" in their rates. I am excited to go see him at his new golf lesson studio.

Best Wishes if you read this Kevin!
James Dee

Howe, OK

#14 Oct 29, 2009
Lynn Blevins
Tulsa Golfer

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 Nov 1, 2009
There are a lot of good instructors in Tulsa, Kevin Edwards, Holly Hair, Pat McTigue are Top 3 for sure.

Kevin - Charges humble prices and prefers to work with people that really have a desire to improve and arent just looking for quick fixes.

Holly - Charges ego prices and likes to work with high profile doctors and lawyer types.

Pat - used to be a lot like Kevin but now charges much higher rates due to increased overhead and franchise fees from Golf Tec.

My advice is to play a round of golf with the pro you will be taking lessons from before starting. You can do this via oncourse playing lesson or just call them up and ask them to join your group for a round.
George B

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Nov 2, 2009
Kevin Edwards is the next Butch Harmon. If you live in Tulsa you need to take golf lessons from him.
Susan

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Nov 2, 2009
I am looking for golf lessons in Tulsa as well. I am glad I found this to help me find a good golf lesson in Tulsa. I am also looking for other ladies in the area to start playing golf with. Does anyone know of a good ladies golf group in Tulsa?

I also read a lot about rates for golf lessons in Tulsa. What is a fair price for golf instruction in Tulsa. Are the golf lesson charges a reflection of the teachers skill? Or is it a reflection of what they feel worth while to go spend time with the student.

Group Golf Instruction better than private golf instruction? Are private golf course pro's better than public golf course pro's?

I like the sound of the indoor golf places like Golf Tec and Grant Golf Studio. That makes sense that these guys are good if they own their own place.
David Stacker

Broken Arrow, OK

#18 Nov 3, 2009
Golf Lessons in Tulsa are available at all golf courses in Tulsa where you can find assistant golf professionals training to be head golf professionals. Golf Lessons from Assistant Golf Pro's are usually pretty cheap, because the Assistant Pro's are just learning how to teach.

You just have to be careful, if you get a bad instructor you might end up worse than when you started.

The safest bet on golf lessons in Tulsa is to go to an independent golf instructor that owns there own teaching studio.

Golf Tec is a good choice for Golf Lessons in Tulsa.

Grant Golf Studio is a good choice for golf lessons in Tulsa.

Kevin Edwards offers a halfday golf school for $150 that is incredible.

Good luck finding golf lessons in Tulsa
David Stacker

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Nov 3, 2009
I found the link to Kevin Ewdards Golf School

http://grantgolfandguitars.com/GolfSchool.htm...
T Dorthy

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Nov 3, 2009
Golf Tec Tulsa is located near Memorial and 61st Street - Great golf lessons and all sorts of gadgets they hook you up too. Then you get to see your golf swing and how it compares to golf swings of PGA Tour Pro's!!! It's really cool...and they have hundreds of these stores all over the country. And I love their theme song. Thats right...Golf Tec has a "theme song"
Todd Davis

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Nov 4, 2009
I have been taking golf lessons in Tulsa for over 20 years and I have to say that the best place to take golf lessons in Tulsa for the full swing is with Kevin Edwards. If you are looking to get good, the winter is a great time to take lessons at his indoor driving range.
Sam

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Nov 6, 2009
Lessons in Tulsa at Tee Town Golf Ranch are the best. Holly Hair is absolutely amazing. She is so hands on and in your face that you have no choice but to do it her way...Tee Town Golf Ranch is the way to Go!!!!!!!!
D Thompson

Broken Arrow, OK

#23 Nov 6, 2009
I like my golf lessons with Kevin and would refer him to anyone serious about long term improvement. He is alot of fun on the course too. I have taken several oncourse lessons with him and I have reached my break 90 scoring goal and we are getting very close to breaking 80. I am sure there are other good instructors in Tulsa, but I can't imagine getting any better instruction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When you blacks gonna learn??? (Sep '16) Sun Pastor sharpton 85
Trump Afraid to say Radical Islamics on Middle ... May 21 Frank 1
Alvin Boss eats poop May 20 Black Terror 15
News Tulsa Students March For Change After Betty She... May 20 Boom Boom 1911 2
News Crime Stoppers, Deputies Hold Shredding Event I... May 20 shredded 1
Crutcher Family, Beware Kunzweiler, A Conservat... May 20 Kunzweiler Showtrial 14
News The Latest: Oklahoma governor appeals for calm ... May 19 Indio 227 7

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages