Tulsa Teen Charged With 1st Degree Murder

There are 20 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Tulsa Teen Charged With 1st Degree Murder. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A 17-year-old Tulsa teen accused of killing a Bishop Kelley High School Senior has now been formally charged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

“PepĂ© & Titan”

Since: Jul 08

Tulsa-Jenks

#159 Apr 13, 2009
AlsoConfused wrote:
okay so my work associate commented on this page about 1 pm, I sat and watched her do it and we were having a conversation about it. Why is it not here? The news station doesn't want huge contraversy I guess. Her statement was simply why this child looks so totally battered, and how could this happen if he has been in jail since the murder. If he was not, should have he been placed in protective watch so someone doesn't kill him before his trial. I agree it is uncalledfor, him to look like this.
KOTV is trying this in the media. My post too has disappeared with nothing said that was inflammatory. Someone needs to bring the AI, or NAACP's attention to this story and to the news channel for the harm they are trying to inflict upon this case.
What

Broken Arrow, OK

#160 Apr 13, 2009
My post also got deleted. I simply said that I read that he had been involved in a fight prior to the shooting, and that's supposedly where the black eye came from.
jumper

Broken Arrow, OK

#161 Apr 13, 2009
If I remember correctly, been thinking about this - wasn't he in a fight with someone before Kaitlyn was shot? He was at the house because he was going to fight someone who had kicked his rear earlier. Not I could be wrong with what I just wrote but I think in the 350 plus postings I read when she was shot someone posted something like that. I can't find all the other postings to verify this but I think I read that. If I am wrong - sorry for misleading. But it is a shame this boy looks like this.
WOW

Littleton, CO

#162 Apr 13, 2009
many of you need to read all the stories that have been written in this case...

channel 6 reported of his background - his dad and his grand dad were both killed. one in an armed robbery and another type of crime. He was with foster parents and his family was split up..

he promptly came up with the drive by story - police checked it - called his bluff - he then admitted that he did it but it was an accident...

he also went to the girls house and rode with dad to the hospital where he told a blatent lie on how it happened.

this is why he is getting first degree murder - he may be charged with a felony murder which is first degree - and they may plea to 2nd degree. BUT if he had any remorse about it - he wouldnt have lied to the girls dad.....

As far as his mug shot - They could not release his photo because of his age.. it had nothing to do with a coverup over his bruises..
jenks mom

AOL

#163 Apr 13, 2009
Invest a Gate wrote:
<quoted text>
The story is that he was beat up by some hoodlum from his school. That's supposed to be the reason he had the gun, to protect himself against another attack by the hoodlum.
That is wrong he was pissed that she was pregant and he did not want the kid and she was with someone new if he wanted to fight the new guy plus he was on drugs is what his friends are saying let not make it something else, is was about the girl and him and the baby.
jenks mom

AOL

#164 Apr 13, 2009
Mabey all the girls need to be careful about who they date and hang out with,also mabeyabout sleeping with everyone they think they love. Also by sleeping with people it brings alot of emotions,and hurtful feelings, and kids need not to jump in things so fast. If she lived she would still had alot to deal with by being pregant. This i hope will be a eye opener to everyone, and mabey be careful about who they choose to be with. will pray for her family.
Joe Sparta

Tahlequah, OK

#165 Apr 13, 2009
How can any of you be certain he did not get a black eye from a fellow inmate? All of you are so concerned that a confession was beaten out of this boy. As if oblivious to the fact that this girl is dead!!!! PC thugs, so worried about this youth's 'civil rights'. Shoot, if he walked out with her head lopped off, holding a bloody axe, screaming, "I killed the *****!" Some of you fools would still be whining that he got a black eye.
The real racism in America started WITH the civil rights movement.
Just lettin you know

Dallas, TX

#166 Apr 13, 2009
Hmmm Berkowitz yiou must be kin to the other Berkowitz with the same first name. Anyway why are you being such a A##H()^%$. Kids today don't think anything will ever happen to them. Maybe some day with all the killing going on that someone might just realize that life is to important to play games with God gives and try to make the something out of ones self.
David Berkowitz wrote:
What a punk. I bet he got cute in jail and someone popped him in the eye. This kid is a bad seed and comes from a troubled family. He was in trouble at Jenks and was kicked off the football team. He is 17 years old and still a sophomore! His father was a career criminal and was shot and killed (best thing for all of us) by the cops after he had robbed a bank downtown. Its too bad that the young girl who died was affliliated with this piece of trash. I hope that the Finnegan family gets closure soon and that their pain subsides. My thoughts are with you........
jenks mom

AOL

#167 Apr 13, 2009
JustaRandomGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't you want this kid charged as an adult? That's just dumb and will only fuel his criminal activity for later on down the road??
Are you crazy, do you want to date him, if was your child would you want him to be a adult. he knew what he was doing, mabey they waited cause they didn,t want her to live.they should have called 911 PEOPLE, and she may have lived.stop wtiting if you are going to make me vomit.
Justice

Tahlequah, OK

#168 Apr 13, 2009
breezy wrote:
How did he get the black eye?
WHO CARES!!!!

“Taste the Rainbow”

United States

#169 Apr 13, 2009
The Real Clueless wrote:
Who beat the heck out of this kid? Dang!
Charged as an adult....poor kid done ruined his whole life at the young age of 17. He looks remorseful...well, to me he does.
Me too. I thought the same thing
Justice

Tahlequah, OK

#170 Apr 13, 2009
Andrew wrote:
This sis the sort of mugshot Amnesty International would be interested in seeing.
Who cares about a black eye? really this runt shot someone!!! And this is the reason we have people like sara brady slobbering to ban guns, when this runt was clearly old enough to know right and wrong!! I dont feel a bit sorry for these worthless runts who are not brave enough to fight with there hands!! they are nothing more than cowards and pu*ss*ies

“Taste the Rainbow”

United States

#171 Apr 13, 2009
Hey thanks, curious
this is crazy

Chelsea, OK

#173 Apr 13, 2009
who knows wrote:
My understanding is that he got beat up the night before the "accidental shooting". He had the gun etc because he was looking to exact revenge on the guy that beat him. It was during the process of him telling friends what he would do that he pulled the trigger and "accidently" shot her. I say "accidently" because from what I can hear Kaitlyn was not his intended target... the guy that beat him was. So, yes it is 1st degree murder, but she was an innocent bystander. I should note that from my understanding the guy he was after was not at the house at the time.
That's exactly how I heard it too.

Since: Apr 09

AOL

#174 Apr 13, 2009
Where are the facts?
jennifer

Broken Arrow, OK

#175 Apr 13, 2009
This is not about color its about murder.
black power wrote:
You suck , do you have kids ?, and if so where are they do you know ?, maybe thats what you should worry about then again you're probably a low rate uneducated white trash punk trying to state your opion grow up you ****... and my thoughts and prayers go out to both families just know its all in gods hands now !!!

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#176 Apr 13, 2009
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
The cops, in Tulsa, answer to no one when it comes to prisoners getting beat up. I witnessed two cops beating up a guy in front of Quick Trip one day. The look on my face must have been one of shock. When the cops turned to look at me there was no doubt in my mind that I didn't want some of the same I'd better pretend I didn't see anything. And I'm a woman.
As mentioned in a few of the above posts and the posts last week, he had been beaten up by a kid the day before the shooting. This is probably where the black eye came from. He supposedly had the gun to use on the kid that kicked his sorry 4zz.

I think they are pressing the right charges. You don't put a gun to someone's chest and pull the trigger even if you think it's unloaded and/or the safety is on. Every gun should ALWAYS be considered loaded and ready to kill and should be handled accordingly.
23rd Century Poet

Talala, OK

#177 Apr 13, 2009
No Stranger wrote:
If any of you people have ever been on the TPD's "wrong" or "bad" side - you'd know where the black eye came from and why...
Of course. So next time someone is breaking into your home call a gangsta-but don't call the police.
Just Me

Tulsa, OK

#178 Apr 13, 2009
Invest a Gate wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that first degree murder is always pressed as an adult charge.
Yes. It is called reverse certification.
23rd Century Poet

Talala, OK

#179 Apr 13, 2009
reallynow wrote:
I heard this from a friend of a friend, so I have no proof, but I *heard* that he was attacked in the days (or day) prior to the murder/homicide. He was carrying the weapon to protect himself because of it, and was showing it off at the party where the shooting happened.
So just because your afraid to take an a$$ whipping then its ok to carry a gun? Flawed logic here. In trying to protecet himself an innocent person is dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
colette draeger Sat RANSOM PRIDE 1
I Can't Let Go Sat Eternal truth 605
Twenty Democrats "JOHNS" arrested at Tulsa Mass... May 2 Bernie Sanders 1
News Arrests Made At Tulsa Massage Parlor (Feb '07) May 1 bigcabin 529
jews Apr 30 Looking 2
News Patients Speak Out After Doctor's Arrest (Oct '08) Apr 30 Just an observation 50
News Names Released In Fatal Wagoner Co. Shooting (Dec '08) Apr 29 family 20
More from around the web

Tulsa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]