Tulsa Teen Charged With 1st Degree Mu...

Tulsa Teen Charged With 1st Degree Murder

There are 796 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Tulsa Teen Charged With 1st Degree Murder. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A 17-year-old Tulsa teen accused of killing a Bishop Kelley High School Senior has now been formally charged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Marva

Tulsa, OK

#132 Apr 13, 2009
cant stand confused wrote:
Why the heck is this child so beat up? THis is uncalled ofr if he has been in jail since the shooting!
He had been in a fight the week before the killing, but that black eye looks very recent.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#133 Apr 13, 2009
Ericca wrote:
Why does he have a black eye? I hope he doesn't get charged as an adult but he should have to pay for his crime. Sad that is was an accident, parents who own the gun should be prosectued as well.
Why wouldn't you want this kid charged as an adult? That's just dumb and will only fuel his criminal activity for later on down the road??
No Stranger

Monett, MO

#134 Apr 13, 2009
Nope - first one disappeared again!! Censorship at it's best!!

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

#135 Apr 13, 2009
Not my Jurisdiction wrote:
Wow. First degree murder.
I guess the prosecutors didn't buy the "it was all just a big mistake" story.
I wonder what bond was set at? He's not showing up on the TCSO jail inmate database yet since he's a juvenile. I would think that he will, though, now that he's been formally charged with murder 1 and will be tried as an adult.
Cracks me up, everyone is like: What happened to his eye?
WhoDottedtheI

Broken Arrow, OK

#136 Apr 13, 2009
I wonder if the black eye is the result of the beating he took the night before or maybe Kaitlyn's dad got to him on the trip to the hospital.

That picture should not have been posted, I can hear Theo's attorney on TV, my client is getting beat up in jail, and he was beat up before he was arrested. bla bla bla.
who knows

Broken Arrow, OK

#137 Apr 13, 2009
My understanding is that he got beat up the night before the "accidental shooting". He had the gun etc because he was looking to exact revenge on the guy that beat him. It was during the process of him telling friends what he would do that he pulled the trigger and "accidently" shot her. I say "accidently" because from what I can hear Kaitlyn was not his intended target... the guy that beat him was. So, yes it is 1st degree murder, but she was an innocent bystander. I should note that from my understanding the guy he was after was not at the house at the time.
JUSTICE FOR KAITLYN

Tulsa, OK

#138 Apr 13, 2009
Nothing more needs to be said.
wteef

Tulsa, OK

#139 Apr 13, 2009
there are definitely posts disappearing. hmmmmm....wonder why? post was about the other parties that need to be held responsible, like the people who own the house, the witnesses, the ones who lied to the dad about what happened, the one who gave this kid the gun, or bought it for him, the ones who didn't call 911 - didn't post any names, but yet kotv removed it? why?
Casual Observer

United States

#140 Apr 13, 2009
Tim Harris doesn't file charges like this unless he knows he can win. So he obviously has enough evidence to convict or he wouldn't charge him with 1st degree murder.
Jeezum Crow

Broken Arrow, OK

#141 Apr 13, 2009
On another forum, it was said that he had been in a fight a few days prior to the shooting, and that's why he was carrying the gun, supposedly for protection. I'm guessing that's where the black eye comes from, if the story's true.
black power

Tulsa, OK

#142 Apr 13, 2009
You suck , do you have kids ?, and if so where are they do you know ?, maybe thats what you should worry about then again you're probably a low rate uneducated white trash punk trying to state your opion grow up you douche ... and my thoughts and prayers go out to both families just know its all in gods hands now !!!
Sudsy

Tulsa, OK

#143 Apr 13, 2009
Why was the 'kid' carrying a gun? Why do the kids run with other kids who carry guns? It was no accident... you do not carry a loaded gun and place it to someone's chest in jest... then oops.. lookey lookey.. the gun went bang! please.. spare us the drama of this pitifully sad situation.. it is what it is.. murder. When it's all said and done. society will take the heat for causing this young man to do what he has done...
His eye

Tulsa, OK

#144 Apr 13, 2009
Theo got jumped friday before everything happened. That is the reason he had the loaded gun, so he could use it as self defense when the kid that was supposed to kill him came. This was a total accident. I know Theo. He is the greatest kid. I hope the realize this isn't the right attempt for charge.

“Organized ignorance, eh?”

Since: Apr 09

Hollywood, Yugoslavia

#145 Apr 13, 2009
Something seems to be wrong with the forum today. I've posted quite a few messages that just seem to mysteriously vanish. And a few that I reposted, only to find that the original posts suddenly reappeared.

Anyway, I tried to say earlier ... the story is that he black eye is from being beat up by a classmate / thug. Which is why he supposedely had the gun ... to protect himself from said thug.

First degree murder is *not* a juvenile charge. If that charge remains, he will be tried as an adult.

No, I don't think he got beat up in jail, people. Especially not before his booking photo was taken.
LSG

Bixby, OK

#146 Apr 13, 2009
He deserves it, theres no accident here. I knew Theo, and me and him were cool, but all respect is lost when it comes to this. I'm still praying for kaitlyns family, knowing that justice has been served.
jXIII

Broken Arrow, OK

#147 Apr 13, 2009
He probably got the black eye from the kid he was going to shoot initially. Dylan, or whatever.
Ann

Tulsa, OK

#148 Apr 13, 2009
his lawyer said that before the gunshot, everyone in the house was "playing around".

so, is that supposed to be a defense?

sick.

“PepĂ© & Titan”

Tulsa-Jenks

#149 Apr 13, 2009
After reading the previous posts, I have to say you people are a despicable excuse for human beings. With a few exceptions, Andrew, Scott, Random, etc.

There hasn't been a trial as of yet. Only a trial in the media. Very unfortunate situation for all involved and I do hope the truth does come out either way it goes. But at the least you who have posted could pretend to not be the racists pigs that you are. I agree Andrew, I think that AI, NAACP, or some other entity may have to be contacted.

As for the eye, once again, we don't know. Maybe he got it before, maybe the police did it during interrogation, maybe a cell mate did it. We don't know. Why jump to conclusions. Let it all come out in the wash guys.

If he did it with intent (doesn't seem likely), but if he did, jail him for life. If he didn't, let the jury decided.
His eye

Tulsa, OK

#150 Apr 13, 2009
Some kid jumped him on friday,
THATS why he had the damn gun.
people need to get there minds staight.
reallynow

Tulsa, OK

#158 Apr 13, 2009
I heard this from a friend of a friend, so I have no proof, but I *heard* that he was attacked in the days (or day) prior to the murder/homicide. He was carrying the weapon to protect himself because of it, and was showing it off at the party where the shooting happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 4 hr justasking 317
Prostitute Tiffany Friederich 9 hr Jamie Dundee 15
Jim Ogle 15 hr Kentucky Girl 1
Betty Shelby To Serve an Protect White People Only Wed Bobbie Huckaby 20
Jade Jones murder June 11,2017 Jun 20 Pakl57 1
FINALLY, Crutcher Estate Accuses Betty Shelby o... Jun 19 Listen to Malcolm X 3
Jared Lepley a Docto? Jun 19 Jared Lepley is a... 6

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance