Police Officer Arrested

A McAlester police officer has been suspended with pay after being arrested for driving under the influence. Full Story
Boxer D

Mcalester, OK

#79 Aug 12, 2008
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
This forum thanks to jerks like you is such a joke talking about whippin asses and so forth get with the program hillbilly and type something meaningful in here you sound like a 20 something punk full of testosterone gimme a break sweet jesus, its people like you who make it a 20 waiting period for a handgun!
yeah and you sound like another air headed opinion that we could do without listining to. if you don't like what other people write then my suggestion to you is if you don't like it , don't look! it's that simple... i call it like i see it

SRH

Since: Mar 08

Tulsa

#80 Aug 12, 2008
Coasters wrote:
He should have been suspended without Pay.. No excuse is acceptable for an office to be driving drunk
I agree. Dont see why he would get pay when any other person misses a day loses pay.
Boxer D

Mcalester, OK

#81 Aug 12, 2008
SRH wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Dont see why he would get pay when any other person misses a day loses pay.
amen guys!
Coasters

Tulsa, OK

#82 Aug 13, 2008
SRH wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at it this way...He shouldn't have been driving drunk.. and of all people an officer of the law should know first hand what the results could be if there was an accident.. No excuse is acceptable and he should be fired... and no pay
curious

Raleigh, NC

#83 Aug 13, 2008
old dog wrote:
They arrested their F.O.P. president? There's a lot more to this story.
What arrest?
Sleepy

United States

#84 Aug 13, 2008
Can you say SET UP?
Janey is a lesbian

Elkins, AR

#85 Aug 13, 2008
Hey molly, you need to hook up with janey aka strawbery. most women call it a cherry but she's weird. she want you molly. she want to pretend your a popsycle.

Since: Apr 08

Victoria, TX

#86 Aug 13, 2008
Janey is a lesbian wrote:
Hey molly, you need to hook up with janey aka strawbery. most women call it a cherry but she's weird. she want you molly. she want to pretend your a popsycle.
Sorry im not that kind of a person likes girls. I like men. You need to stop telling people im a lesbian, cus im not. Im what? weired?im not like you or near your sytle..Im alots better then you.
discusted

Houston, TX

#88 Aug 14, 2008
if you need a cop run down to the doughnut store and get help

“My babies resting ”

Since: May 08

Omaha, NE

#89 Aug 14, 2008
marine20 wrote:
It is called due process you morons. I am sure if you just wait and allow the process to happen then he will lose his pay, job and recieve the standard punishment for a DUI that is the standard in that area. There are 1000's of good cops out there and to judge the bunch by one example is pathetic. The people that are doing this are the same people that moan and complain when they get stereotyped. The fact that the officer was even arrested should present a picture that the right thing is being done. It would have been nothing for the arresting officer to call him a ride and never report the incident and nobody would have been wiser. Give credit when credit is due.
I would even venture to say that more than half of you calling for his head drink and drive on more than one ocassion and have or have not been caught. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
For one this is not the first, second, third, and so on that this cop has been at a bar drinking and then drive home. And yes I do go out from time to time but I am one of the smart ones we always have a DD no matter where we are and any more that person is me.

“My babies resting ”

Since: May 08

Omaha, NE

#90 Aug 14, 2008
Coasters wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at it this way...He shouldn't have been driving drunk.. and of all people an officer of the law should know first hand what the results could be if there was an accident.. No excuse is acceptable and he should be fired... and no pay
I agree
discusted

United States

#91 Aug 14, 2008
well i think there is a law again sneeking alachol into doughnut shops too cuz i know they dont serve alachol in there
bystander

Salina, OK

#92 Aug 14, 2008
from reading all of the comments here, I have noticed that some of you people really know it all about law enforcement. I don't know why your not out getting at the police dept. You guys could really make a big difference in the world. If some of you could investigate crime as good as you run your mouth and run the police down, you would be solving crimes before they even happen. But you know it all people couldn't hack it. Thats why you had better stay where your at, cause the world needs arm chair quarterbacks too. Besides your doing what you do best and thats running your big mouth about something you know very little about.
TTR

Tulsa, OK

#93 Aug 15, 2008
Donnie wrote:
What did he do to those other cops? I mean don't those guys all stick together? Those 2 arresting officers must have been very ticked off at him! I wonder if they were the ones that he beat out for officer of the year?
Why is it when someone breaks the law and an officer does his job, then the officer has it out for the offender?? Where is the logic. The officers were doing their job. That's it. No conspiracy. The officers are standing up for what is right. Officers have to obey the law like everyone else. If they stopped him at the bar....then they didn't catch him doing the offense. How many warnings does someone need to be given until consequences should be met??
Boxer D

Mcalester, OK

#94 Aug 15, 2008
bystander wrote:
from reading all of the comments here, I have noticed that some of you people really know it all about law enforcement. I don't know why your not out getting at the police dept. You guys could really make a big difference in the world. If some of you could investigate crime as good as you run your mouth and run the police down, you would be solving crimes before they even happen. But you know it all people couldn't hack it. Thats why you had better stay where your at, cause the world needs arm chair quarterbacks too. Besides your doing what you do best and thats running your big mouth about something you know very little about.
i can see why you think that but i DO know this man very well and HAVE known this man for a very very long time. no- i don't know much about law enforcement but i know enough that this is wrong.. it's sorry that he has sent people to jail for this very same thing he has done. but what you don't understand is if you only knew the half of some of the things he has done i don't think you would back hm as much as u r. i'm NOT perfect by no means and i'm not saying i am, but your opinion is respected..

“put statement here”

Since: Aug 08

Yes

#95 Aug 15, 2008
old dog wrote:
They arrested their F.O.P. president? There's a lot more to this story.

He was also officer of the year, as well as FOP president. I agree, somethings wierd about that, they usually take care of their own. They got him "just" as he left the Elks lodge, like they were waiting for him. Maybe he is actually the good guy, and some worse guys have it out for him, because he's against some sort of corruption.
Dave

Tulsa, OK

#96 Aug 16, 2008
#1 this would not even be news worthy if it was not a cop
#2 obviously there is no corruption or sweeping under the rug if he was arrested.
#3 he will prob lose his job for his arrest
#4 why are you idiots just using this as a venue to bash cops? If you think you can do a better job, get the education, pass the background, physical and training, then strap on a gun working 24 hrs a day 7 days a week (that includes weekends and holidays). ONLY THEN do you have the right to even think you know about police work.
#5 um ah speaking of rights, I believe this guy also has rights, you folks seem to have no problem violating those. He is of course innocent until proven guilty. If he worked anywere else (that includes firemem, teachers, doctors ect) he would not even come close to loosing his job.

In other words, do not judge lest you be judged and people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Since: Jul 08

Tulsa, OK

#97 Aug 16, 2008
Dave wrote:
#1 this would not even be news worthy if it was not a cop
#2 obviously there is no corruption or sweeping under the rug if he was arrested.
#3 he will prob lose his job for his arrest
#4 why are you idiots just using this as a venue to bash cops? If you think you can do a better job, get the education, pass the background, physical and training, then strap on a gun working 24 hrs a day 7 days a week (that includes weekends and holidays). ONLY THEN do you have the right to even think you know about police work.
#5 um ah speaking of rights, I believe this guy also has rights, you folks seem to have no problem violating those. He is of course innocent until proven guilty. If he worked anywere else (that includes firemem, teachers, doctors ect) he would not even come close to loosing his job.
In other words, do not judge lest you be judged and people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
S.H.U.T.U.P!!
Jan

United States

#98 Aug 19, 2008
Police officers have some of the highest rates for alcoholism, suicide, domestic violence.

Since: Jun 08

Pryor, OK

#99 Aug 19, 2008
Debbie wrote:
Not all cops are PIGS, as some of you insinuate.
My son is a police officer in Broken Arrow and a very good one. My husband is a former police officer who was a whistle blower in his department in 1986. Some officers do make bad decisions and should have to pay for their mistakes, just like everyone else, however, based on my experiences very few people spend any time for a first offense DUI. However,this officer is the FOP president and Officer Of The Year, he certainly should be held to a higher standard and at the very least he should be suspended without pay for a period of time, put on a probation period and lose those titles.
I agree with youo Debbie. I believe you have a solid fair opinion of the circumstances!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 6 min Bud 75,851
Cox Communication Outage Impacts Some Tulsa Pho... (Mar '10) 3 hr BeenRape48Years 6
Senator Inhofe's baggage Information for voters 3 hr tariff 1
First Concrete Poured At Gnarly New Attraction ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Peter Simmons 8
Matrix Serv 13 hr xxx 46
Dr. Angelo Cuzalina Pres. American Board of Cos... (Jun '13) Thu doktalie 65
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Sep 17 yeah 2,668
•••
•••
•••

Tulsa Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tulsa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tulsa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tulsa