Police Officer Arrested

Police Officer Arrested

There are 86 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Police Officer Arrested. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A McAlester police officer has been suspended with pay after being arrested for driving under the influence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Dude

Tulsa, OK

#1 Aug 12, 2008
lock him up
MR BC

Tulsa, OK

#3 Aug 12, 2008
It is amazing the good example that the cops are setting for our children.
mmeckee12

Inola, OK

#4 Aug 12, 2008
why with pay? teach him a lesson, someone else misses work for this they don't get paid !!!

“My babies resting ”

Since: May 08

Omaha, NE

#5 Aug 12, 2008
They will sweep this under the carpet and give him his job back, just like they do with everything else in this town. I wish they would make an example out of him though, that just because you are in a position of authority you can still get in trouble in this town.
Kelley -Mcalester

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2008
Hey can I get drunk and run 2 stop signs before they pull me over and arrest me???!!! Then go to jail and unable to go to work but still get paid for it??? Dang I want to be in his position. Let me try that and I would be arrested before I ever left the parking lot!! Just shows how they show favortism to there own. What in the heck would they have done if he would have wrecked and killed someone? Especially since they were called and told about his condition before he ever left the lodge.
Michael- F--K THE POLICE

Bethany, OK

#7 Aug 12, 2008
I doubt he even spent the night in jail, they probably booked him in and then took him home to sleep in his own bed. Good point Kelley, why the hell would he get paid for driving drunk. Not much of a punishment, if that happened to me I would be drunk all the time so I could sit at home all week and get paid for making bad decisions. Oh wait..I forgot he is in a fraternal order of police and he is the president...it all makes sense..no punishment, pay increase, and please dont do it again but if you do be smarter. The fraternal order of police should be disbanded and considered a conflict of interest or a lack of independence.
discusted

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2008
pigs are above the law dont you know that???? I bet that trooper that hit that lady & her 2 kids didnt get a ticket
Stinger

Tulsa, OK

#9 Aug 12, 2008
Sound like an RPE... resume producing event
Rachel S

New York, NY

#10 Aug 12, 2008
So why didn't this jerk go to jail like anyone else

Since: Jul 08

B to the A

#11 Aug 12, 2008
This should land him a promotion!

Since: Aug 08

Owasso

#12 Aug 12, 2008
Late in 2007 in a far northeastern Oklahoma county, a deputy wrecked his undercover, county owned car and paralyzed himself. He was drinking, no seat belt, no identification, speeding and oddly enough he has had NO CHARGES brought against him!!! What if he had hurt someone else!!!! It seems all "law enforcement" cover for their own. At least one the officer who smelled alcohol on the deputy's breath reported it...for what it's worth. This guy had lost his job before for drinking and pulling a gun at his son's LITTLE LEAGUE game and they hired him back!!! How desperate are they for deputies???? Disgusting...
Pigs

Tulsa, OK

#13 Aug 12, 2008
Pamzadi wrote:
Late in 2007 in a far northeastern Oklahoma county, a deputy wrecked his undercover, county owned car and paralyzed himself. He was drinking, no seat belt, no identification, speeding and oddly enough he has had NO CHARGES brought against him!!! What if he had hurt someone else!!!! It seems all "law enforcement" cover for their own. At least one the officer who smelled alcohol on the deputy's breath reported it...for what it's worth. This guy had lost his job before for drinking and pulling a gun at his son's LITTLE LEAGUE game and they hired him back!!! How desperate are they for deputies???? Disgusting...
Pigs can do whatever they want, they are large and in charge.
Mother

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2008
Now you know why their unions fight mandatory drug testing.
Debbie

Tulsa, OK

#15 Aug 12, 2008
Not all cops are PIGS, as some of you insinuate.
My son is a police officer in Broken Arrow and a very good one. My husband is a former police officer who was a whistle blower in his department in 1986. Some officers do make bad decisions and should have to pay for their mistakes, just like everyone else, however, based on my experiences very few people spend any time for a first offense DUI. However,this officer is the FOP president and Officer Of The Year, he certainly should be held to a higher standard and at the very least he should be suspended without pay for a period of time, put on a probation period and lose those titles.

Since: Apr 08

Victoria, TX

#17 Aug 12, 2008
If you want to blame some one, blame it on the DA.(Jim Miller) He not doing his job. He not filing charges on him. His on son was arressted on drugs charge couple weeks ago and he is having a hard time about this. He is crying cus his son had his name in the newpapers..
Debbie

Tulsa, OK

#18 Aug 12, 2008
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The truth of the matter is everyone wants to bad mouth the cops, until THEY need one.
Last month's Family Circle magazine named Broken Arrow, one of the 10 safest cities in the United States, the reason given was the excellent Police protection. I certainly hope you don't live there.

Since: Apr 08

Victoria, TX

#19 Aug 12, 2008
Our Chief of Police designed from our police dept cus of this. He said ( when you have good officers on the duty and you have bad officers are getting away with stuff he dont want to work with them) He works with people . and he is very nice cheif of police.
Debbie

Tulsa, OK

#21 Aug 12, 2008
Of course I am not wishing anything bad on you or anyone else. I just hope that since you have such a dire opinion of police officers in general and BAPD in particular, that you don't live in the city where my son puts his life on the line every night when he puts his uniform on and leaves his wife and children.
I really don't want to turn this forum into a continuous argument. I stated my opinion and I accept yours. Have a great day!!!
Rose

Jenks, OK

#23 Aug 12, 2008
BA, BA is a joke. Family Circle, the 99 cent magazine!!
Come on Mom, open your eyes!
Kevin

Broken Arrow, OK

#24 Aug 12, 2008
Rose wrote:
BA, BA is a joke. Family Circle, the 99 cent magazine!!
Come on Mom, open your eyes!
I would most certainly encourage you to do some crime research and compare BA with Tulsa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 7 min Life as we know it 226
News Oklahoma lawmaker asks Muslims: 'Do you beat yo... 13 hr Allahs pork rinds 19
Reporter Kelly Hines WTF 13 hr Jamie Dundee 11
News 5 agencies the Trump budget proposal would elim... 20 hr Alvin Boss Tank You 19
who neds jobs Wed Alvin Boss Bend O... 8
I love Matrix service by god Mar 21 Alvin Boss 4
trump won Mar 21 Alvin Boss 3

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages