Chouteau Coach Charged With Sexually ...

Chouteau Coach Charged With Sexually Abusing Student

There are 108 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 29, 2009, titled Chouteau Coach Charged With Sexually Abusing Student. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A Green Country coach is charged with sexually abusing a student. It happened in Chouteau, where Zachary George was hired earlier this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
dtt

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2009
how many pervert teachers are we gonna have to see in the news before those we trust with our children are held to higher standards....this is SO OLD!!!
louise

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2009
this is really getting scary. are there not background checks on these people. this is the third person this year from the same school. i'm glad my kids go somewhere else.
tombstone

Sand Springs, OK

#3 Sep 29, 2009
The real question here is: Was she hot!!!
Tbone Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#4 Sep 29, 2009
Another inbred Oklahoma potato head. What is this f'd up world coming to?
kaiser

Tulsa, OK

#6 Sep 29, 2009
I absolutely hate it when I hear of coaches doing this crap... I assist in coaching a football team and truly enjoy it that when I hear of some coach doing these things it just Really Really irks me...
We do background checks on all of our personnel and even volunteers... its mandatory.
While this doesnt guarantee anything,, it helps.. The other obvious thing is that it is up to other coaches and staff to be on lookout for any behavioral clues of others that may elude to what is going on in someones mind... Its not perfect but its a start..
In the meantime,, if he is convicted,, Punishment needs to be harsh... just my opinion..
ucrhr h

Tulsa, OK

#7 Sep 29, 2009
he use to coach at our school i always knew he was a weirdo
Camnon

United States

#8 Sep 29, 2009
Glad I moved away of this redneck, hick town. First the principle now a coach. Last week a rape in mayes county. Is someone sleeping on the job, it must be in the water, or they really love their kids.
BAD

Norman, OK

#9 Sep 29, 2009
I went to highschool with this guy and played three years of ball with him. Crazy stuff. I wish nothing but the best for his wife, that is an awful thing to do and an awful situation he put her in, not to mention the 17 year-old girl and her family. And sorry if this is too rough, but this is a prime example of the poor parenting on both parties behalf.
Ryder

Tulsa, OK

#10 Sep 29, 2009
Looks to me like a guy who couldn't get a 17-year-old in the sack when he was 17, so now he thinks "Hey, maybe now that I'm 35 I have a chance".... loser
STLO

Miami, OK

#11 Sep 30, 2009
FYI.... I undersdtand that things like this happen in certain places and with certain people but lets not forget the "Innocent until proven guilty!!" HE HAS ONLY BEEN CHARGED NOT CONVICTED SO LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL YOU KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!
I have known both the coach and his wife for many years, and stand by them until something is PROVEN!!!!!!

Lnc

Since: Sep 08

Owasso, OK

#13 Sep 30, 2009
Ummm, So we should definitely hold him completely responsible, we trusted him with our children. Buttttt, she's 17 years old! Are we going to hold this semi-adult respnosible?! 17 yrs old! It's not like she's a vulnerable 10 yr old, but he'll be listed as a sexual predator on the same level as someone who raped a 10 yr old. I've know 17 yr olds who married and started a family months after they graduated. Hold him responsible, but put some responsiblity on this lady as well.
watching

Chariton, IA

#14 Sep 30, 2009
First of all, I am not condoning what this coach did. But lets get the facts straight. This girl was in In school suspension(not the cream of the crop) and was asking him sexually charged questions to start with. I know what 17 year old girls dress like and act like because I am around them on a daily basis. I know that they act much older. There is only a 9 year age difference in their age...Im just saying I dont think he should be in the same category as pedophile and child abuers. Looks to me like the girl that started it needs to be somewhat responsible.
mdm

Columbus, OH

#15 Sep 30, 2009
First I stand by innocent until proven guilty, however if found guilty he should be punished to the full extent of the law.

In my opinion he was put in a trusted position. A teacher should be a good role model, so even if this young lady stripped all her clothes off, it is his resposibility to be the adult and the act in a responsible manner. He is in a trusted position with peoples children be it 10 year olds or 18 year olds he has an obligation to act like a responsible teacher he was hired for.
watching wrote:
First of all, I am not condoning what this coach did. But lets get the facts straight. This girl was in In school suspension(not the cream of the crop) and was asking him sexually charged questions to start with. I know what 17 year old girls dress like and act like because I am around them on a daily basis. I know that they act much older. There is only a 9 year age difference in their age...Im just saying I dont think he should be in the same category as pedophile and child abuers. Looks to me like the girl that started it needs to be somewhat responsible.
B-reasonable

Tulsa, OK

#16 Sep 30, 2009
The report said he "touched her private parts"... Are we so immature that we can't stand to see the word "genitals" in a news report??

Since: Jul 09

Pryor

#17 Sep 30, 2009
I believe taht the problem here is not that she is 17 which is past the age of consent. The problem and violation of law is that he is an instructor/coach having authority over her as a student. If he had been her next door neighbor then there would NOT have been any legal violation but only a serious moral wrong. Also, if she had not been one of "his" students then there wouldn't be any legal violations. He should have known better if he did do the things alleged. How do we know that she made these allegations out of retaliation for some kind of punishment she received from him. After all she obviously isn't keen on authority and rules.
reader

Wichita, KS

#18 Sep 30, 2009
He is charged meaning this kid could of made the whole thing up. You people act like he was preying on little girls. IF he is found guilty then I hope he serves his time and learns his lesson.
luke

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Sep 30, 2009
i cant believe that all these teachers and coaches that are accused are guilty.the kids all know how to get a teacher fired.they get angry they accuse him/her of sexual misconduct,poof,the teacher is gone.so,lets wait and see.it will get to a point where we cant get teachers because of the risk isnt worth it.
watching

Coweta, OK

#20 Sep 30, 2009
I know that young girls think that it is cool to seduce a coach/teacher. I have heard girls talk and brag about it. If I was a betting person I would bet that this particular young lady is known to be promiscuous. And what the hell is private parts...could have been a slap on the booty for all we know.
MissMolly

Chicago, IL

#21 Sep 30, 2009
watching wrote:
So? Not excusing what the MINOR did was right...however being a TEACHER..or ANY ADULT...you WALK AWAY.... she could stand in front of a man naked and if she's under 18 and your over...you better run. He knew that, he's at fault "if" he did anything with her. Is it entrapment on the minor's fault, yes. Fair? No... the Law..yes.
The Hawk

Tulsa, OK

#22 Sep 30, 2009
I had a teacher touch me once,no wait I just got an F on a paper and was pissed about it. Something smells funny about this, if a 17 yr old accuses him now and noone else comes forward.....hmmmmmm

Let's see how this plays out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Custody 5 hr guest 2
Will Be A WhiteWash Glanz Report for Sure 14 hr Goon Glanz 1
News Tulsa Man Arrested After Caught Masturbating Ou... 14 hr Black Terror 2
Aint No Reason For Ejucation aRownd Here In Okl... Tue Joy Hofmeister 1
News New evidence in murder case (Aug '07) Tue sfike23 14
News News On 6 Kicks Off Educate Oklahoma Mon Joy Hofmeister 2
Your thoughts on Spartan College of Aeronautics... Aug 28 Alvin Boss 3

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance