John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees

John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees

There are 45 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 2, 2009, titled John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The John Zink Company announced Thursday an 8 percent reduction of its U.S. workforce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
informer

United States

#45 Apr 10, 2012
John Zink is hiring for atleast 50 positions shop related, heard it on 98.5 fm this morning.
Ex-Zink Wife wrote:
Sadly, my husband WAS one of those who lost his job. He'd been there for several years, and I know that they kept people who had been there less time then he had. It was an extremely tough blow, as we just bought a house in December. They swear it wasn't a performance issue, but a business decision and said that they will be calling him back when they start hiring again. We'll see about that.
Applicant

Tulsa, OK

#46 Jul 11, 2012
I just applied for several job opening in Tulsa and received a call for an interview. Is the company still a really bad company to work for?
Food for thought

Tulsa, OK

#47 Aug 28, 2012
I wish I would have read the comments about this place before I accepted their offer of employment. JZ needs wrench turners and insulators that think they know how to weld. These people will low ball on wages and haven't given a decent raise in ages. This company has no compassion for its employees, if they did, they would not allow their bosses and leadmen to make innapropriate comments towards employees. They preach "Conformance" to their rules while not following them. For example, I was terminated for too many "occurences" without a written warning or any other disciplinary measure. Yes I had a doctor's excuse but these people don't care. If you decide to accept a position at this place plz read their attendance policy very well, and you will see it's descretion on an individual basis. I was not shocked they decided to "cut me loose" 1 day before I was taking a paid vacation. I have never worked for a company that operated on the buddy system like this one(believe me, there are countless examples). While employed at JZ, I spent most of my time fixing other people's mistakes and they did nothing to correct the problem. Sooner or later, producing poor quality products will catch up and it's only a matter of time before the ship sinks. This company only offers bonuses to its supervisors and does not recognize profit sharing for their workers. And by the way, I thought the human resource department was there to assist the employees??? I've never seen such poor representation.... Have you ever wondered why JZ is ALWAYS looking for welders? Go Figure.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#49 Aug 30, 2012
Crazy old man wrote:
Finally figured it out? Obama Lied.
What did Obama have to do with this?
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#50 Aug 30, 2012
P.S.- The unemployment rate in Oklahoma is currently 4.9%. Does Obama get credit for that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alvin Boss eats poop 2 hr Guest 2
Grown man does wrestling move on young boy 5 hr lisa remington 3
News Oklahoma lawmaker asks Muslims: 'Do you beat yo... 6 hr Fontaine 28
News Man fatally shoots 3 suspects in Oklahoma home ... 6 hr Bobby is a Stupid... 3
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) 13 hr Alvin Boss Lover Boy 266
News Anxiety, Fear Among Oklahoma LGBT Community Aft... Tue Booty games by gays 5
Tulsa molesters Tue Sukit 1

Tulsa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages