John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees

John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees

There are 45 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 2, 2009, titled John Zink To Lay Off 63 Tulsa Employees. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The John Zink Company announced Thursday an 8 percent reduction of its U.S. workforce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Upstream

Tulsa, OK

#3 Apr 3, 2009
Hearts go out to those who are losing their jobs. Sad, sad, sad state of affairs for lots of people right now!
Zink Wife

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Apr 3, 2009
Just so the public knows, the part you heard on the news was taken directly from a email sent out from JZ's president. It was actually more than 63 employee's yesterday that were layed of with more to come today! NO NOTICE was given unlike other companies at least giving a heads up. For those of you who don't know John Zink is owned by KOCH Chemical. Please google the KOCH brothers then ask yourself why a multi-BILLION dollar company is laying off it's employee's.
Concerned family

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Apr 3, 2009
I am sorry for those who lost their jobs yesterday and may today. I am a John Zink family and fear that today it may be us. My husband said it was sad to see his friends empty their offices and leave.
mother of 4

Mobile, AL

#7 Apr 3, 2009
my husband also works for john zink and he was one of the lucky ones that did not have to go, but many of his friends did. we knew alot of people that lost their jobs and my thoughts go out to the employees and their families of everyone that has been laid off up there. and like zink wife said, there are more to come today. its an awful time for this to happen to anyone
Zink Wife

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Apr 3, 2009
We to are a John Zink family and it breaks my heart that so many of our friend lost their jobs today and yesterday. It could have easily have been us, thankfully we were spared. I know it is tough decisions but to hear how JZ went about it is untolerable, they should be ashamed of themselves. Keeping low paid interns over experience...remember you get what you pay for!! Food for thought.
tulsa2

Tulsa, OK

#10 Apr 3, 2009
I am so sorry for the Zink employees that lost their jobs. This job loss fiasco just keeps rolling and growing like a giant snowball. It has got to stop at some point. I sometimes wonder if the layoffs are completely necessary or are these companies so afraid of losing one dime that they panic and start laying off before they explore other options. Or maybe the bigwigs are afraid of having to give up their big bonuses and million dollar spending habits. Hard to say but the poor working stiff suffers mightly. Enough is enough.
Crazy old man

Tulsa, OK

#11 Apr 3, 2009
Finally figured it out? Obama Lied.
Ex-Zink Wife

Morris, OK

#12 Apr 4, 2009
Sadly, my husband WAS one of those who lost his job. He'd been there for several years, and I know that they kept people who had been there less time then he had. It was an extremely tough blow, as we just bought a house in December. They swear it wasn't a performance issue, but a business decision and said that they will be calling him back when they start hiring again. We'll see about that.
Directly Effected

East Peoria, IL

#13 Apr 4, 2009
As I understand it, John Zink closed the doors on one of its brands ~ Gordon Piatt. When Zink bought the company back in "99-00" time frame, they tore apart a great company created in Winfield, KS. They laid off or drove off anyone that had any experience. It was a mess then and unfortunate upper management could not clean it up before this. The economy, I'm sure effected this final decision, but mismanagement created most of the problems.

We'll miss the employees we dealt with on a daily basis...god's speed in landing on your feet!
Former Zinker

Tulsa, OK

#14 Apr 7, 2009
I quit the company a month ago because my screen printing company is doing well enough.The next monday, i got a message from a temp who was laid off from there saying the police were searching employees cars with drug dogs. Searching both shifts cars and people just to eleminate workers so they won't have to pay unemployment is a chicken @#%# way to treat loyal employees. And quite a few were busted. Yes they were making bad decisions, but there are better ways to handle this economical mess. My thoughts go out to all who are standing in those growing lines.
Short Term Tulsan

Tulsa, OK

#15 Apr 8, 2009
I worked at John Zink for less than a year. I would not recommend accepting employment at this firm to anyone with whom I wanted to remain friends. The company breeds very nasty managers and thinks nothing of letting people go. I used to purchase Koch equipment quite frequently. Not anymore.
Former zink worker

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jul 21, 2009
I worked there for a short time and saw the layoffs coming. i was hired in as a welder but given crappy jobs not under my job description. turns out they run in clicks over there and if you are not a part of one of them, you will not work there long. I could not stand they way they treated each other during the layoffs (trying to get each other fired) and sending police dogs into the building to check people's cars and toolboxes was a little low. so I resigned. would not go back no matter how much they paid me.
temp ser

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jul 25, 2009
i'm going to take a weld test at jz on monday 27 afther reading this and finding out all you story kinda sad dont know if i should even show up. is it even worth going.
Mad Zink Wife

Collierville, TN

#18 Sep 29, 2009
Things have only gotten worse. After the layoffs and the drug dogs, they rearranged departments and people. They threw away 100's of $$$ in parts and equipment just to order new parts at a lower cost. Now all of a sudden there is a witch hunt going on and people have been "suspended without pay". JZ does run in cliques and I suspect that the new plant manager is trying to bring a new team on. Just like the parts. Throw the guys away and hire on new ones at a lower pay rate.
Kevin

AOL

#19 Oct 30, 2009
Charlie Koch only has one thing in mind, and that Charlie Koch. Bill Koch only has one thing on his mind, and thats Charlies pocketbook. Francis on the other hand is in LALA Land...
Kevin

AOL

#20 Oct 30, 2009
Should have said Fred instead of Francis Koch
Ticked off Zink Wife

Inola, OK

#21 Nov 11, 2009
Recently, my Husband was fired for the first time EVER because of conflict with a coworker who has managed to get other people fired who worked in the same postion as my Husband. She set him up as she did the others and made my Husband who holds a college degree look like an idiot by changing his work and the rules on a daily basis. His managers would go weeks without even a Hello. No communication at all whatsoever. I find it sad how unfair he was treated and how he was judged by people because of what this often angry woman said about his job performance. We feel they were just trying to find a reason to get rid of him before layoffs. We have two small children, so thanks a lot to the people at John Zink for not taking care of their people. His spirit is not broken and we will be fine. What comes around goes around!
Ex employee I

Inola, OK

#22 Nov 11, 2009
John Zink is a horrible place to work. Everyone is treated like they are stupid. My wife came up to see me and refused to ever come up again and see me because she was treated so bad. I would recommend people to go elsewhere - Zeeco, Jordan or anywhere else. You will be treated bad.

“God Bless The USA!”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#23 Nov 16, 2009
Crazy old man wrote:
Finally figured it out? Obama Lied.
He sure did (does) and its only gonna get worse.
Short Term Tulsan

Navasota, TX

#24 Dec 4, 2009
Ticked off Zink Wife wrote:
Recently, my Husband was fired for the first time EVER because of conflict with a coworker who has managed to get other people fired who worked in the same postion as my Husband. She set him up as she did the others and made my Husband who holds a college degree look like an idiot by changing his work and the rules on a daily basis. His managers would go weeks without even a Hello. No communication at all whatsoever. I find it sad how unfair he was treated and how he was judged by people because of what this often angry woman said about his job performance. We feel they were just trying to find a reason to get rid of him before layoffs. We have two small children, so thanks a lot to the people at John Zink for not taking care of their people. His spirit is not broken and we will be fine. What comes around goes around!
Sounds like Melissa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Doug Embrey & Assoc (Sep '09) 10 hr Current tenant 3
Cops N Robbers is A Serious Game Huh Bates? Fri Sherife Goon Glanz 1
God Bless President Donald J.Trump..... May 26 Mad Establishment 1
News Tulsa Dentist To Face Negligence Charges (Mar '10) May 26 Dr Mike Hinkle 490
3,446 Blacks were lynched from 1882 to -------... May 25 Jay Greenfeather 4
News Democratic Sheriff Candidate Wants To Know Wher... May 25 Rejected Entitlement 2
New Generation of OkieIdiots With School Cuts May 21 Fly Over State Ok... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages