Doctor Arrested On Molestation Accusa...

Doctor Arrested On Molestation Accusations

There are 60 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jul 27, 2008, titled Doctor Arrested On Molestation Accusations. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A Tulsa doctor stands accused of molesting a 6-year-old girl. Dr. Kirk Smith is an obstetrician with the SouthCrest Medical Group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

egdeh

Tulsa, OK

#21 Jul 28, 2008
PROFESSIONAL ISSUES

Iowa board seeks ruling on question of public charges
The medical board said a case against one doctor could affect what is disclosed about physicians.
By Damon Adams, AMNews staff. Jan. 31, 2005.

----------

The Iowa Board of Medical Examiners wants the Iowa Supreme Court to resolve a dispute over when to publicly disclose allegations against a physician.

The medical board last month appealed the ruling of Polk County District Judge Joel D. Novak ordering the board to stop disclosing information related to a physician's case until its final disposition.


ADVERTISEMENT The case involves Kirk M. Smith, MD, who applied to the board for an Iowa medical license in July 2001, court records show. Without a hearing, the board denied Dr. Smith's request for a license, citing concerns about allegations that he had touched patients improperly while in a residency program in Missouri, records said.

Michael Sellers, Dr. Smith's attorney, said the allegations were unsubstantiated.

Dr. Smith then requested a hearing, which the board granted. After the hearing, the board issued Dr. Smith a restricted license. He asked the board to remove the pre-hearing denial of his license from its Web site, but the board refused.

Sellers said Dr. Smith now works in a residency program, but he declined to say where.

In November 2004, Judge Novak ruled that only information from a final decision by the board should be made public.

"That's the point where it just makes sense for the public to be
facts matter most

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Jul 28, 2008
egdeh wrote:
PROFESSIONAL ISSUES
Iowa board seeks ruling on question of public charges
The medical board said a case against one doctor could affect what is disclosed about physicians.
By Damon Adams, AMNews staff. Jan. 31, 2005.
----------
The Iowa Board of Medical Examiners wants the Iowa Supreme Court to resolve a dispute over when to publicly disclose allegations against a physician.
The medical board last month appealed the ruling of Polk County District Judge Joel D. Novak ordering the board to stop disclosing information related to a physician's case until its final disposition.
ADVERTISEMENT The case involves Kirk M. Smith, MD, who applied to the board for an Iowa medical license in July 2001, court records show. Without a hearing, the board denied Dr. Smith's request for a license, citing concerns about allegations that he had touched patients improperly while in a residency program in Missouri, records said.
Michael Sellers, Dr. Smith's attorney, said the allegations were unsubstantiated.
Dr. Smith then requested a hearing, which the board granted. After the hearing, the board issued Dr. Smith a restricted license. He asked the board to remove the pre-hearing denial of his license from its Web site, but the board refused.
Sellers said Dr. Smith now works in a residency program, but he declined to say where.
In November 2004, Judge Novak ruled that only information from a final decision by the board should be made public.
"That's the point where it just makes sense for the public to be
Very interesting! Part of this story was cut off, do you have the rest of it? I might be able to look it myself. Thanks for sharing. I had a feeling something was lirking about him before now.
blondee

Kansas, OK

#23 Jul 28, 2008
sad, shocking deal.... whats on google
question first

Sapulpa, OK

#24 Jul 28, 2008
egdeh wrote:
Southcrest needs to check the records a little better. Go to Google
what is it that Southcrest needs to Google? What is it you are trying to say?
question first

Sapulpa, OK

#25 Jul 28, 2008
WOW!
Anonymous

Salina, OK

#26 Jul 28, 2008
Whitney Crambrink wrote:
...I can post whatever I want....just like you buddy you posted up alot to...
and yeah its a public forum but you people posting are saying stupid things that you dont even know....you hear something and all want to run with it...
when he is proven guilty then post,,
Do you have kids? What would you do if your child came to you and said they had been molested? We preach to kids to tell an adult if something like this happens to them. You are accusing these kids of lying because you "know" this man so well. I thnk you need to take a step back and look at this as if you didn't "know" the man.
CYLK REIGN

AOL

#27 Jul 28, 2008
How funny the article says:"Dr. Kirk Smith seems the picture of respectability, an obstetrician with the SouthCrest Medical Group. He lives in a nice South Tulsa home." JUST BECAUSE he lives in a nice home doesn't mean he is not capable of doing something like this." He ought to rot in hell.
theangrypatient

Tulsa, OK

#28 Jul 29, 2008
didn't any of you who are taking up for this thing read the pdf file on this things previous employment history? unless you read it, don't comment any further you fools. that hospital says he was a doctor in good standing. yeah - maybe in your town, but what about the other towns he worked in?????
crys

Talala, OK

#29 Jul 30, 2008
Detective Hunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks Whitney doth protest too much. Whitney should be investigated too.
wow NOW whitney u just might be a child molester cause u believe in wanting ALL THE FACTS before u say this man is guilty FOR evryone that thinks that a child CAN NOT LIE look up the mcmartin case guarntee it will make u sick anyone here ever been affetced by a false accusation of sex abuse prob not seein as how every one is redy to hang this guy i dont kno if its tru or not i pray its not if it his he will be punished approitaly but if its not his life is already ruined maybe one day sum of u people will be affected by a false accusation it can destroy u in seconds i promise u
firefly

Broken Arrow, OK

#30 Jul 30, 2008
Whitney C,

I am all for innocent until proven guilty but I really think you are way to involved in this matter...You seem like your in love with this man? everyone can express the thoughts and concerns they have...Just like you....but you seem a little over the top..I do hope this is not true...but it seems like there are alot of people saying the same thing about this guy...Makes you wonder and you should always treat a situation with a child as the truth until all the facts are dealt with. I would hope you would do the same with your child. Would you continue to send your child to babysitter that was accused of beating your child until the trial......I hope not....but maby you would:(
candytree

United States

#31 Jul 30, 2008
it seems that mom is too worried about keeping her status as a doctors wife than protecting her little girl. hopefully she took her kids and moved away from this pervert.
plz plz plz

Nolensville, TN

#32 Jul 30, 2008
I agree with DHS taking the children until this is settled. If the wife is going to stand by her husband - not - Her children .. then maybe someone should take a closer look at the Mother too.......... and another thing .......... Why does the press think its necessary to always post where a person is or has been working??... That has nothing to do with What the person did.
God Will Prevail

Jenks, OK

#33 Jul 30, 2008
you people don't have a brain in the world. If you think for one minute if you possible could hangle doing that, one an alligation like this is made true or not the person being accused is arrested until the whole investigation is over. Now for the bond being supposedly so high like you stated, it is all a rated scale and set fee by the courts, no one is treated that since this is more disguting lets raise the bond, no it goes by how many counts he is being charged on.
Also people this person is "Not guilty" in the court of law, until other wise noted and been convicted. This is an ungoing investigation. YOU people have this man convicted just by what you think the tabloids have stated well not everything you should read or watch are always correct, it is sometime based on which station can get the most coverage with the juicest information even if most of it is true or not. That is what people like you like to hear all the junk, nothing every good. That doesn't get the ratings for TV stations.
And as for this family and kids I know them very, very well and people say what they want, I have been in their house, I have done things with their kids they are both wonderful people. I never new it was a crime for a family to be private and really not be to sociable to neighbors. I have been to their house dozen of times and I will say this much the group of ladies that are very clicking in her neighborhood, all they like to do is hang out in each others garages and gossip about everyone else and lets their kids do whatever they want to do and not pay any attention to them for hours being outside doing what they want. They have no control of their kids whom are disrespectful to fellow neighbors by riding their 4 wheelers up and down others lawns and not their own and letting there kids hit golf balls towards new vehicles and away from theirs. One this family moved into this neighbor none of these 3 families that are in a click ever came over to introduce themselves or anything. Almost 1 year after moving there also this family had to barely there son whom they new from birth would be dying shortly after birth, when the funeral was did any one of those familys come over and give regards to this family, even thought they all new they just baried a child. NO. But my friend does not go around complaining when a next door neighbor goes off on his wife at two am in the morning calling her every name in the book in the middle of the street while she is caring her son in her arms to a safer environment.
God Will Prevail

Jenks, OK

#34 Jul 30, 2008
Or how he is very verbally abusive to his wife and yet she leaves for a while of he does but always comes back eventually. Just because this family keeps to themselves maybe it is simply because they are a busy family with a lot of activities and such and their is a thing called a back yard kids do play in also. This is a very loving and carring family and I Know for a fact if these alligation that this 13 year old boy made were even remotely true their mother would of killed him and she would be in jail. She has told me in quit detail when she pulled up what her daughter came and told her and that was Kirk wet a brown washcloth and tried pulling out my front tooth but couldn't do it. And stated then that Daniel the 13 year old boy told her she needed to to his father that Kirk put his penis in her mouth because his dad was on his way over and if she didn't say that they would all be in a lot of trouble. Her 10 year old son also has stated the same thing that this was all Daniels doing and kept repeating over and over again you need to tell my dad that or else we are all going to be in a lot of trouble because he is already on his way over with the police. HMMMMM. Differently all together now, HAH> The one who seriously needs the help is the 13 year old for telling a young 6 year old to say this because he knows now that his father is on his way over and called the police he is going to look stupied and his dad is going to have his hide and believe me he needs to. This 6 year old girl looked up to this 13 year old boy and he had her crying even before his dad got there by yelling at her to say this.

“Expecting baby # 3”

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa, Ok

#35 Jul 30, 2008
ladeedah wrote:
Wipe that smirk off your face, doc. Kuddos to the 10yr olds who were brave enough to speak up!
I never really paid attention to the picture until I saw a larger version, the small one you can't tell but in the big on that is definitely a smirk..how creepy. Maybe he didn't want to look mean in his pic? Don't know which one would be worse in this situation
Are you people that dumb

Jenks, OK

#36 Jul 30, 2008
candytree wrote:
it seems that mom is too worried about keeping her status as a doctors wife than protecting her little girl. hopefully she took her kids and moved away from this pervert.
no the mother is not worried about having keeping the status of a doctors wife. I know his wife very well and I will be the first to say this, if she thought for one minute he did this he would of had a funeral earlier this week and she would be in jail facing murder charges. The 6 year old told her mother right when she got there that Kirk was trying to pull her loose front tooth out with a wet washcloth and when she walked out into her brothers room daniel was telling her they needed to go outside not my dads on this way what did he do to what did he do to you and she told him about the wash cloth and he told her you can't tell that to my dad you need to tell him kirk put his privates in your mouth if you don't we are all going to be in a lot of trouble. The 10year old brother of this girl claims the same thing the sister stated to the mother that Daniel told them they had to say this or they were all going to be in trouble becasue he already called his dad and told him she was in the bathroom being molested and he was calling the cops and get your belongings to gether and meet me by the fence I will be there shortly. This call was made well before this 13 boy even talked to this 6 year old he made these accustations to his father who was than calling the police and new he was in some serious trouble because he just lied to his dad and knows his dad will tan his butt long enought for him not to sit for a month and probably ground him for a year.
This family who made the accustations just ran wild with it without even calling the mom or anything. Once the mother arrived about 10minutes after the police she talked to her daughter in front of a officer and asked her to calm down and tell her what happened. The girl stated that Kirk wet a wash cloth and tried pulling out her front tooth but couldn't get it out, and Daniel told me to lie and say he put his privates in my mouth. She said this immediately to her mother and never changed that story once and the police officer was standing right there, and yet they go off a troubled 13 year old boy who has made the accustions well before the girl is even out of the bathroom. HMMMM> Makes you all feel pretty stupied now hah. YOU shouldn't always judge a book by its cover but by its contents. And this family is a wonderful hard working family who give a lot to their church, family and friends and to the community. They just don't sit around in their driveway gossiping about each other like some neighbors do.
This man will probably have lost his career because this police department did not conduct a proper investigation, they never seperated the kids from the get go, they interviewed the 13 first in front of the 10 so those two stories were exactly the same and did it all in front of the 6 years old while they sat in this boys dads truck for almost 2-3 hours in 100 degree wheather. The truth will come out and this family has faith in God and God will get them through this horrible false accusations.
Are you people that dumb

Jenks, OK

#37 Jul 30, 2008
Stephanie H wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really paid attention to the picture until I saw a larger version, the small one you can't tell but in the big on that is definitely a smirk..how creepy. Maybe he didn't want to look mean in his pic? Don't know which one would be worse in this situation
r u kidding me you are judging someone by a snap shot tell me do all of yours come out like you just came out of a beauty pagent? NO. For petes sake it is a mug shot not a glamor shot move on. get to the case not a pic.

“Expecting baby # 3”

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa, Ok

#38 Jul 30, 2008
Are you people that dumb wrote:
<quoted text>r u kidding me you are judging someone by a snap shot tell me do all of yours come out like you just came out of a beauty pagent? NO. For petes sake it is a mug shot not a glamor shot move on. get to the case not a pic.
Lose the attitude, I was simply commenting to what they said about the picture and since I had not noticed it before I commented...ut like I said he may not have wanted to look mean in this situation, but smiling won't fly with people either. Nobody was judging you need to look up that definition my dear, I never said "hey he has a smirk he must be a molester" did I? No didn't think so, ask for my opinion before you assume something about me that you don't know and I will do the same for you
NEOkla

United States

#39 Jul 30, 2008
Are you people that dumb wrote:
<quoted text>The girl stated that Kirk wet a wash cloth and tried pulling out her front tooth but couldn't get it out, and Daniel told me to lie and say he put his privates in my mouth. She said this immediately to her mother and never changed that story once and the police officer was standing right there, and yet they go off a troubled 13 year old boy who has made the accustions well before the girl is even out of the bathroom. HMMMM> Makes you all feel pretty stupied now hah. YOU shouldn't always judge a book by its cover but by its contents. And this family is a wonderful hard working family who give a lot to their church, family and friends and to the community. They just don't sit around in their driveway gossiping about each other like some neighbors do.
This man will probably have lost his career because this police department did not conduct a proper investigation, they never seperated the kids from the get go, they interviewed the 13 first in front of the 10 so those two stories were exactly the same and did it all in front of the 6 years old while they sat in this boys dads truck for almost 2-3 hours in 100 degree wheather. The truth will come out and this family has faith in God and God will get them through this horrible false accusations.
Did you witness the police interviewing the children yourself? Did you witness any of the things you wrote about?
Are you people that dumb

Jenks, OK

#40 Jul 31, 2008
NEOkla wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you witness the police interviewing the children yourself? Did you witness any of the things you wrote about?
Yes I was there the whole time with this family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tulsa Glanz Good Ol Boy Sheriff Cockroach System 22 hr FuckYourBreath Byars 1
Still Wanna Play Cops n Robbers Deputy Robert C... (Apr '15) Fri Prison Torture 15
Feds Need to Investigate Tulsa Sheriff Stanley ... (Apr '15) Thu Going to Prison 2
Y does DUI McNellie's tulsa Downtown want us to... (Apr '14) Apr 28 jenni 82
New Generation of OkieIdiots With School Cuts Apr 28 GodHatesOkieland 1
god-real or imagined? you be the judge (May '11) Apr 27 Eternal truth 6
Deborah Gist Is So Sincere So Pure So Nice Apr 26 Budget Baloney 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages