City Of Tulsa To Raise Rates On Water...

City Of Tulsa To Raise Rates On Water, Sewage Treatment

There are 22 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jun 2, 2010, titled City Of Tulsa To Raise Rates On Water, Sewage Treatment. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

TULSA, OK The City of Tulsa plans to raise utility rates for drinking water and sewage treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IMHO

Jenks, OK

#1 Jun 2, 2010
I hope there is someone to make sure the money really goes for that and not raises for Dewey's people. He is looking for money to do that and it seems funny all of a sudden he is interested in the sewer.

Not saying the sewer don't need an upgrade - just not so sure the 10% increase will completely go for that unless someone is looking over his shoulder.

He has already proven he can be creative when it comes to spending money and getting his own way.
irwindale

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jun 2, 2010
Just another example of how our director of Public works has failed us. Heck he has held the position for thirty years. It's all on him. Charles Hardt is your leader when it comes to Public Works.
Kit

Tulsa, OK

#3 Jun 2, 2010
I already pay more for water and sewer than I do for electricity or natural gas - it's outrageous!
Just another example of Tulsa's ongoing policy of "Go away, we don't want you to live here'.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2010
Well none of Bartlett's staff actually received raises they only took pay reductions this year, the money he was asking for was only ensuring that his staff was paid was throughout the rest of the fiscal year.

Also they are not cronies as was alluded to since most of his staff were also on staff for Mayor Taylor.
catfish

Sapulpa, OK

#5 Jun 2, 2010
yea.... another tax.

hope city hall chokes on it.
RealUpstream

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Didn't we already have a rate increase? I've been after the water department to come check their meter for months when all of a sudden my water bill rose by more than 20% with NO increase in usage. Did they send someone? nope.......
Jonesy

Tulsa, OK

#7 Jun 2, 2010
I'm all for updating the water treatment system and keeping our water clean. My water bill is a lot less than my other utilities. I don't know what some people do to get such high bills.
rates

Tulsa, OK

#8 Jun 2, 2010
We've had utility rate (tax) increases from the City of Tulsa for 4 out of the last 10 years!!! On top of all the other tax and fee increases!!! When is this madness going to stop!! You bums need to be tarred and feathered! Stop wasting our money!! I don't know how you thieves sleep at night! You're pathetic! You should be ashamed, and don't blame this on the economy....I'm tired of excuses AND tax increases!
Paul

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jun 2, 2010
Why did the City wait this long? Why haven't we had upgrades to the system periodically, component by component on a timely basis?

Poor management.
sally w

Tulsa, OK

#10 Jun 2, 2010
People out of work, can't find jobs and all the utilities keep asking for raises and the governments keep raising taxes what happens when middle class has no more to give because they can't feed their families or afford a place to live.
Hmmmmm

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jun 2, 2010
Yet another reason to leave what is quickly becoming a two bit town in a third world ghetto community. Corrupt and incompetent government. High taxes. Minimal services. Ever decreasing economic opportunity and quality of life.

Tulsa government ain't got nothing on other well-known incompetent and corrupt governments. Mayor Dewey is a political hack. We'd all fare better had he gotten his political schooling in Mayor Daly's Chicago, Huey Long and Edwin Edward's state of Louisiana, or the nation of Mexico.

Silence is a means of acceptance. Anyone who doesn't care for the incompetence, financial mismanagement and corruption in our government ought to confront it. Loudly. And vote the incumbents out of office.
ARsE CLOWN

Tulsa, OK

#12 Jun 2, 2010
Let's just start up a new "public trust" and do some of that fancy dancy sleight of hand trick accounting. Tulsan's are quite used to by now, how that works:
1) we find a good ole boy wanting a lifetime job.
2) he/she must know how to waste money (our money) well.
3) have a couple of meetings and a vote and you'll have your instant "public trust"

not so trustworthy to me.

But if you prefer, let's do another "authority." You know like EMSA (has better furniture than the governor's offices).

At any rate you will find these wasteful trust's and authority's pay exuberant salaries to their keepers with little or NO accountability to you - the fools giving them the money!

Let's get a charter change and throw out all "authority's and public trust's."
Make the good ole boys & gals work for a living just like you and me.
excuse me

Englewood, CO

#13 Jun 2, 2010
I DID NOT give the city permission to do this!
Hellyea

Owasso, OK

#14 Jun 2, 2010
excuse me wrote:
I DID NOT give the city permission to do this!
Sorry, you will pay what the city of Tulsa wants you to pay or git out. My advice leave Tulsa, it's only going to get worse. I'm glad I got out when I did 6yr ago...
Anonymous

Tulsa, OK

#15 Jun 2, 2010
Im going to bend over and take it up my a@@.! People are losing their jobs and at the same time they want us to pay more for water and sewer. Yet they are laying off some police officers and public workers..!
Frustrated Tulsan

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Jun 3, 2010
I have seen my rates go up almost every year on Sewer, Water and Trash, I honestly think its Deweys way of funnalling money. He is wanting to increase revenue for the city so far by Charging for Fire Department calls, He said they will not rehire Police when Other Officers retire until his agreement is signed, He wants to increase parking fees down town, Increase Fines and tickets, and an extra sales tax for Police.... I understand it costs money for all these things but we are taxed and charged appropriately for those services if not more and that money is being pi$$ed away and not used appropriately. There needs to be an Audit made and some people should be fired.
tulsa2

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jun 3, 2010
Well here we go again. Just a thought but shouldn't the city have some kind of fund to maintain or replace worn out equipment? I would have thought that in better times money would have been set aside for such a thing. The financial gurus tell people to always have some kind of funds to provide for repairs and replacement costs for the home why doesn't the city follow the same advice. I think we are all being taxed and charged to death I haven't seen things this bad in a long time it has got to slow down or stop at some point. The city is slowly going down the drain. I don't mind paying for what is needed but this is getting out of hand.
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#18 Jun 3, 2010
The excuse of today is a need to replace old equipment, the results will be CORPORATE WELFARE. In short we need alot of capitol to grease the hands of our friends.
Northside_Yo

Sand Springs, OK

#19 Jun 3, 2010
This mayor says he doesn't raise taxes. He's right. He raises FEES on everything!

The Water and Sewer bills just went up, now another hike

Gee I don't see anyone saying "We hiking our wages because or employees have stuff they need fixed or plans they've had to put off for years..."

These increases are death by 1,000 cuts.
GinnyLee

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jun 12, 2010
Guess it's time to move - higher utilities, taxes already high, fewer policemen, schools are low and getting lower in quality, Bells is gone, baseball is downtown, now - what's next?

Yep, it's time to move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Y does DUI McNellie's tulsa Downtown want us to... (Apr '14) 14 hr jul 28 22
I Can't Let Go (Jan '15) Mon Leetr Go 727
No Reason to Shock in Tulsa, Its Too Slow Jul 26 Slow in Tulsa 1
No Such Thing Gobal Warmn Here in Tulsi Oklihom... Jul 25 Senator Inhofe In... 1
News Police: 5 Found Dead In Broken Arrow Home, 2 Te... Jul 24 thorns-of-truth 2
Everybody's Asking Why Jul 23 umk 2
Sheriff Goon Ganz Where Art Thou for Broken Arr... Jul 23 Goon Ganz 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tulsa Mortgages