Five pit bulls attack 11-year-old Tucson boy

Full story: Arizona Daily Star

An 11-year-old boy was attacked by five pit bulls Wednesday afternoon on the South Side, an official said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jack Goff

Muskego, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2006

Judged:

The dogs should be put away , and the OWNER should be dropped in a SNAKE PIT !
not to shoe

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Judged:

im sure that the dog that did do this wasnt a pitbull. they always say it is but never is. im sure it was more then olikey a pit mix or not even a dog with pit in it
Neese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Judged:

Pits should be outlawed. They are only used for one thing. I am sick of hearing how little kids are getting mauled. And, even if it isn't a pit bull...who needs five loose dogs?
KSF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

Judged:

55% of people polled, according to one study, think that pitt bulls should be banned. I'm with that 55%.
Brenda of Charleston WVa

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

Judged:

Gundy wrote:
I think that it really depends on how the dogs were raised. The owner might have been abusing them. If the dogs are plain out mean I think they should be put down because they are agresive, But other than that the little boy might have done something to agravate the dogs and they just got mad.
If a animal is not CHILD friendly and can tolerate some punching and pulling, etc. then THEY CAN BE DEADLY kilers to children whether a pit bull or not.

I love dogs very much. I owned one pit bull mix and one rotwiler mix and they were the sweetest, kindest dogs you'd ever want to see. I caught kids dragging one up the road by the tail and he was wailing but did not attempt to hurt the children - OF COURSE I tried to get hold of them and they ran!! It's sad but true, you must protect your animals by raising them to be gentle and keeping them in a fenced yard or in the house AWAY from children/adults that will torment them because if they hurt a person DOWN THEY GO !!!!

Since: Sep 07

Anywhere I please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

Judged:

Pits and part pits will turn on owners the same as any dog will if mistreated, but pits kill more people than any other breed. They don't ever let go. A normal dog will let go eventually.

I have 4 dogs who would not hurt anyone, but still they are fenced, so no one will hurt THEM. I keep Beware of Dog signs all over the fence and the neighborhood kids laugh because the dogs love them.
However, I do not know how they would react if someone were to attack me or my daughter or try to break in. My dogs sleep indoors at night and basically are terrific, raised from puppies, all were rescues. I love them and wouldn't trade them for half the people I meet.

But a PIT BULL and in this case 5! No way. I had a neighbor once who had one and the darn thing growled at us everytime we came home to OUR house. He would sit at the driveway and growl when we tried to get out of the car. My husband told the owner to keep him home, but the dog spent all of his time at my house. He unfortunately growled at someone around the corner and he no longer exists.

A pity he wasn't kept at home, but they had a baby there so they were probably afraid to keep him in.

I saw a 911 special on TV one night where an old lady called because 2 pits from down the street came in her door and attacked her. She was lucky to get to the phone before they knocked her down and she was screaming for help. She did not provoke the dogs. Don't blame kids for everything. It's the dog who is inbred to kill.

Anywhere I please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

Judged:

Pits are outlawed in Florida by the way unless you take out a million dollar policy on them. Bravo to Florida. They got one thing right!:)
Brenda of Charleston WVa

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Judged:

Choke-em-danno wrote:
Pits and part pits will turn on owners the same as any dog will if mistreated, but pits kill more people than any other breed. They don't ever let go. A normal dog will let go eventually.
I have 4 dogs who would not hurt anyone, but still they are fenced, so no one will hurt THEM. I keep Beware of Dog signs all over the fence and the neighborhood kids laugh because the dogs love them.
However, I do not know how they would react if someone were to attack me or my daughter or try to break in. My dogs sleep indoors at night and basically are terrific, raised from puppies, all were rescues. I love them and wouldn't trade them for half the people I meet.
But a PIT BULL and in this case 5! No way. I had a neighbor once who had one and the darn thing growled at us everytime we came home to OUR house. He would sit at the driveway and growl when we tried to get out of the car. My husband told the owner to keep him home, but the dog spent all of his time at my house. He unfortunately growled at someone around the corner and he no longer exists.
A pity he wasn't kept at home, but they had a baby there so they were probably afraid to keep him in.
I saw a 911 special on TV one night where an old lady called because 2 pits from down the street came in her door and attacked her. She was lucky to get to the phone before they knocked her down and she was screaming for help. She did not provoke the dogs. Don't blame kids for everything. It's the dog who is inbred to kill.
I do agree with you that one of the traits of a PIT BULL DOG in any type of conflict is not to give up. They were born that way. So if anybody owns one they need to keep it fenced in or in the house and if they have children, they should not have a pit.

I used to live in a house in which the neighbors doberman pincher - kept me hosage in my house - REALLY INDEED !! That neighbor was my landlords mother too. So I'd have to call her before I could leave to get in my car to go to work and w hen I returned I'd have to lay on my horn until she came and got him. Yet my son - could walk right up to him and he was gentle as a lamb.

I don't know why he hated me unless he felt my fear but I do know he would have attacked me for he bared his teeth, stayed tense and kept a glare on my face.

A friend told me about "dogs that won't bite" - he said " if they got teeth they can and will bite sometime" hah.

But the one where the lady had a doggie door for her pet and the two pit bulls went through was horrific in that it appeared those two "cases" it out and even collaberated on it - how the hell would two dogs that don't live in a house realize where a doggie door was - gosh - and for kids getting killed by them it's so sad. The owners are definitely responsible for each and every act those dogs commit !!! Whether it be good or bad.

Also I too kept my dogs in my yard TO PROTECT THEM - but someone still threw food with antifreeze on it and poisened one of them and that dog had never been known to even growl at anyone. Now most male dogs are territorial, especially when a female is in heat and WILL FIGHT DOGS - all dogs - but generally not people???

Anywhere I please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Hi Brenda

I used to work with a Doberman and he was kind as could be, but if I locked the gate and turned to pet him thru the gate, he would bare his teeth and growl. He was trained that way.

If any dog is constantly teased they will bite. The trick is not to tease dogs,however, a pitbull doesn't have to be teased.

There were a lady and her sister who were attacked by a pit who jumped the fence! He wasn't restrained and they were just walking past the house in the early evening, taking their daily walk. The lady lost her arm. The sister was torn up. He would not let go of the arm.

The lady who had a doggie door had cats. The dogs evidently knew where the door was by smelling the cats. Dogs are very smart. They know where and how to get in and out by smell.

I'm so sorry your dog was poisoned. The man who trained that doberman had all his other dobies poisoned. He taught this one never to eat what he doesn't give him.

Anywhere I please

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Judged:

not to shoe wrote:
im sure that the dog that did do this wasnt a pitbull. they always say it is but never is. im sure it was more then olikey a pit mix or not even a dog with pit in it
Right people don't know a pit bull from a lab or poodle. Yep, we're all stupid, except you! There were 5 not one. Read the article. Can you read?
Brenda of Charleston WVa

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Choke-em-danno wrote:
Hi Brenda
I used to work with a Doberman and he was kind as could be, but if I locked the gate and turned to pet him thru the gate, he would bare his teeth and growl. He was trained that way.
If any dog is constantly teased they will bite. The trick is not to tease dogs,however, a pitbull doesn't have to be teased.
There were a lady and her sister who were attacked by a pit who jumped the fence! He wasn't restrained and they were just walking past the house in the early evening, taking their daily walk. The lady lost her arm. The sister was torn up. He would not let go of the arm.
The lady who had a doggie door had cats. The dogs evidently knew where the door was by smelling the cats. Dogs are very smart. They know where and how to get in and out by smell.
I'm so sorry your dog was poisoned. The man who trained that doberman had all his other dobies poisoned. He taught this one never to eat what he doesn't give him.
LOL - but this Doberman had full run of the trailer park NO FENCE - it was just me he would not let go to car or from car to house haha - I would never ever kill or hurt a dog as long as I had another way to handle it such as the horn blowing or phone calls !!!

I do believe pit bulls - without provocation will attack any animal - it is bred in their ancestors to hunt wild boars in another country and they have ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR not even of death !!! So yes that lady - since she had cats - it may have been the cats they were after or her for having their smell on her. Also I've been told that dogs are like people in that they can "snap" or go insane at anytime thus the reason a normally loveable, kind dog turns killer.

I have never been physically attacked by a dog but I'm sure I'd be terrified from then on of that type of dog and maybe any animal !!! Then animals smell fear and take it as a sign of weakness too.

I can fully understand if folks do kill animals if they are their loved ones have prior been killed or maimed by one especially the pit bull. But it is against the law to hurt an animal without provocation (at least here in WVa - but hey they can't talk huh?)
Sami

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2007

i think pit balls should be shot becuz im sick of all tha stories about kids as young as 2 gettin mauled by them! i mean who wnats 5 dogs anway, who needs them! LOCK THA OWNER UP AN PUT THA DOGS 2 SLEEP so many ppl r gettin mauled ny these types of dogs! ppl say tha these dogs r only meant 4 1 thing an that is fighting so go sumwhere else where pit balls can fight not over here becuz these dogs can b all lovin 1 minute an den can change tha next, this can result in attackin sum1
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Judged:

Neese wrote:
Pits should be outlawed. They are only used for one thing. I am sick of hearing how little kids are getting mauled. And, even if it isn't a pit bull...who needs five loose dogs?
Yep, I use my Pitties for only one thing: Loving, hugging, playing, socializing and did I say they are consummate bedwarmers and used as therapy dogs?(Okay, I couldn't stop at one thing) Oh yeah, I forgot: 2 are retired from doing Search and Rescue.

In your context: US Marines are only good for Killing, we've never built schools, hospital and homes.
If you are to be believed, German Shepherds should only be used by Police Departments and sheep-herders. They are Not loved by families or trained to do search and rescue.

The only things you said that makes any iota of sense was about the dogs being Loose and being sick and tired of hearing about kids being mauled.

I have 1 pure breed pit, 1 mixed breed (beagle-Pittuie cross), 1 Am-Staff and 1 German Shepherd. All are rescued. All are house dogs and are family members. None roam or allowed to show any signs of aggression. Heck, you are in more danger of injury by being beaten to death by their tails than anything else.

Judge the Deed, Not the Breed.
Neese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I use my Pitties for only one thing: Loving, hugging, playing, socializing and did I say they are consummate bedwarmers and used as therapy dogs?(Okay, I couldn't stop at one thing) Oh yeah, I forgot: 2 are retired from doing Search and Rescue.
In your context: US Marines are only good for Killing, we've never built schools, hospital and homes.
If you are to be believed, German Shepherds should only be used by Police Departments and sheep-herders. They are Not loved by families or trained to do search and rescue.
The only things you said that makes any iota of sense was about the dogs being Loose and being sick and tired of hearing about kids being mauled.
I have 1 pure breed pit, 1 mixed breed (beagle-Pittuie cross), 1 Am-Staff and 1 German Shepherd. All are rescued. All are house dogs and are family members. None roam or allowed to show any signs of aggression. Heck, you are in more danger of injury by being beaten to death by their tails than anything else.
Judge the Deed, Not the Breed.
Scott, you are the exception and not the rule. I'm not saying these dogs cannot act civilized, but they normally are not bred to do so. Let's take guns for example: it is the owner, not the gun that kills. Therefore, I am pro gun. In a dog's case, they have four legs and can kill on their own. Yes, it is a shame that bad people own these dogs (as well as good), but they are bred for one specific reason, and that is to fight. I am not in favor of fighting, but my real concern is when these dogs get loose and kill innocent people. There are plenty of other breeds to choose from when looking for a family pet. I am not into censorship, but unfortunately, the majority of the owners have one intention, and it isn't a good one.
shawn

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Judged:

most of u dont know what u r talking about. research the breed before u hate them. pitbulls are not people haters they are dog haters. any dog i dont care what breed if raised wrong will bite or attack some one. also u think pits and rotts are the only dogs that attack people no. but the media only reports them.i mean what sounds better a pit bull attacks some one or a lab.i own a pitt. best dog i ever owned, they r very loyal. easy to train. it is not the breed it is how people use it.also they dont usally tell the hole story.i live in fort worth texas. they showed a dog attack on the news about 4 months ago. a female pitt attacked a little girl.that was the report. but what really happend was the parrents had the dog chained in the yard. the dog had new puppies.. the father was screwing around not watching the girl and she went for the new puppies the dog bite her.so in my eyes that is the fathers falt not the dog. also a pit mix is not a pit.it is mixed so that also means the dog attack was not a pit it was a pitt/something. so how can u say it was a pit attack. i have my dog i love my dog , it will defend me and the yard so stay out and u wont have a problem.i could go on more but u all have me sick.know the breed before u judge
courtney

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Judged:

This is to shawn.If it is how people raise these dogs then why are so many people getting attacked. They are killing so many owners and kids. They need to outlaw them. I just don't understand why people blaim people getting attacked on the way they are raised. Why would someone even want these dogs if they snap so easy. Most of the dogs that do kill are pits.
Brenda

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Judged:

These dogs are not normal. Last year in my home town 2 pits jumped a fenced yard and killed an infant. On Oct 8th, 2007 my dog and myself were attacked by 5 pit bulls at Sara Park, Lake Havasu City, AZ. I was taken to hospital for a shot and treatment of several bites on my hands and arms. I received the bites while covering my dogs head and body. My husbands fought the dogs for 5 minutes or so until 3 or 4 people came along to help and distract the dogs to follow them. Humane society secured the dogs and I have filed a police report with Mohave County. My dog is OK with a few bites which we are keeping an eye on but may have to take to vet. My fingers on both hands are in splits and I have a large puncture wound on arm. As we are not from here we have to pay for hospital expenses ourselves. The ER estimated $1000. Plus I had to get antibotics and pain pills. From what people are saying we got off very lucky. I have always given pits the benifit of the doubt but no more. The owner of dogs (he has total of 7) was sorry and said that nothing like this has never happened. Is it legal for someone to own 7 pitbulls? It shouldn't be and they should be banned from being allowed in public areas.
xxxxxx

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

i have been attacked by a pit bull before it was about 5 months ago the dogs still not been put down i wasnt the only person he attacked i was the first and hope that im the last because if the owner carried on letting it bite people it could of been a little girl or boy one day. i have scars all over my arm. i had to have a few stiches but luckily it wasnt that bad.
sarah

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

Judged:

all pit bulls sahould be banned or killed they are attacking to many children
BIG D

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

You guys are some closed minded F&*ks, all you guys ever see or hear is the bad side of pits!!!
why dont you try to own one for a while and see how loving and caring they can really be. I have one that is with the kids all over the street and dogs to and is not violent one little bit. It is all in how u raise the dog if the dog (any dog for this matter) is beaten not loved and locked up all day of coarse its gonna get mean, I know that i would be one pissed off person in that case. If you own the pit for the right reasons then stand with those reasons then chances are that you will not have a problem. Now im not dismissing all the pits out there that have done the "DEEDS" you guys fear, but I will put alot of money down on the fact that those dogs were not treated right. So step back and the next time you walk into the store or walk by a house look and see wat kind of dog is tryin to come through the fence to nite your ass ill bet that most of them are not pits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Tucson Forum right now

Search the Tucson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Feature Points Referral Codes go here! 13 min Jason 7
FeaturePoints Referral Codes! 25 min Hanna 54
Quick feature points referral code 26 min Hanna 37
Post you feature points referral code 28 min Hanna 2,516
How to Lose Weight Fast 3 hr ouick 1
Police departments losing officers due to 'late... 15 hr AJo 2
US border effort sputters as migrants cross again Sat Ragnar The Impaler 1
•••
•••