Poll: Americans changing on gun control

Poll: Americans changing on gun control

There are 6 comments on the KIDK CBS 3 story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Poll: Americans changing on gun control. In it, KIDK CBS 3 reports that:

As the horrific shootings in Newtown, Conn., remains fresh in the minds of Americans, a big question is whether the deaths of 20 young children at Sandy Hook Elementary School will impact public opinion on gun control.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIDK CBS 3.

fireaxe1

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
taking legal guns out of law abiding citizens hands isnt going to solve anything. the criminals will still get them. the people doing the shootings usually got the guns from someone else. they didnt just run out to the store and buy them, because they couldnt. most of them had records.
melissa

Tucson, AZ

#2 Dec 23, 2012
well... why don't you just look at the u.k. for example? they don't have the problems with guns, do they? policeman don't even use them, as far as i know. that's the problem with guns... if you make them available to "law abiding citizens", they always somehow seem to get into the hands of their unlawful citizen friends. you can't know who is honest and who is not dishonest all of the time. if it's any consolation, you can always just shoot s*** up with a paint ball gun. if you're aim is good you could even shoot someone's eye out with one of those...
losing it

Willcox, AZ

#4 Dec 23, 2012
If you outlaw guns...Only Outlaws will have guns.
Guns don't kill people... people kill people.
Definitely not giving up my gun, or my right to protect myself.
Malcom

Glasgow, KY

#5 Dec 23, 2012
melissa wrote:
well... why don't you just look at the u.k. for example? they don't have the problems with guns, do they? policeman don't even use them, as far as i know. that's the problem with guns... if you make them available to "law abiding citizens", they always somehow seem to get into the hands of their unlawful citizen friends. you can't know who is honest and who is not dishonest all of the time. if it's any consolation, you can always just shoot s*** up with a paint ball gun. if you're aim is good you could even shoot someone's eye out with one of those...
You never flown into Heathrow Airport have you. Submachine gun toting police everywhere. The police in england carry guns.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 23, 2012
melissa wrote:
You sound like very other brainwashed, bleeding heart liberal I've ever encountered.

Yes, the UK has problems with guns. Gun violence is up 89% since the Labour party took over. That's the liberals, in case you are as ignorant of that as all else. BTW, policemen in the UK are more apt to discharge their firearms accidentally than intentionally.

Confirmation:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12231...

Every country on the face of the planet that has followed liberalism has gone down the drain, and ours is on the fast track to the sewer.

Remember..... you call 911 when a crime has been committed. Police come to investigate, not protect. The Supreme Court has ruled that police have no obligation to protect a person from harm.

Make a choice. Do you want 'gun free zones" where maniacs that ignore the laws can gun down 26 unarmed and unprotected men, women and children, where the police come after the fact and string up yellow tape, or would you rather have law abiding citizens carrying firearms that could eliminate, or reduce the carnage?

If one of those teachers in CT had been armed, he, or she, might have been able to have stopped Lanza when he first got started and possibly might have saved 20 people, or more.

The National Safety Council reports that firearms are used 2.5 MILLION times a year in self-defense against criminals.

You cannot disarm a country. At best, you can only disarm the law abiding citizens. When you do so, you turn all those law abiding citizens into victims.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2012
Where is obama crying over all the innocent children killed by his drones? Or maybe all the aborted babies we kill. No one goes to prison or cries over it.
Maybe you obamabots should stop acting like you care about dead children. We know they only matter if you can use them to push an agenda. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help if u can 21 hr Jill 2
Qriket | Code 4QFGDY | Free PayPal Money | Cash... (Jan '16) Wed Marrz 163
In search of an old friend Nov 24 Branden 1
qriket referral code e2865e (Jan '16) Nov 21 Sion 5
FeaturePoints referral code TZFTCC (Feb '15) Nov 21 Clyde 2
Feature points Hacked Code Nov 21 Clyde 2
Feature Points Hack Code: H47ZK6 (Jan '15) Nov 21 Trane 2

Tucson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance