someone

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

I also had a charge on credit card and had someone get into my bank account. I know who did this and the sad thing it is a person who does teach at Pima College who has no formal education. This person teaches the dental Asst program I would say students of this program be very careful for this person did steal my cell phone and digital camera. It is sad that Pima College would hire a person like this to teach a dental program. ADVICE Students at Pima dental program be careful with your purses and you'll know this person with out me saying the name on this site for she hates blacks and mexicans and she is a mexican. She'll say she is Native American and you can tell she is not. A person like this with a mental illness should not teach in a college.
Mike

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

I just discovered two charges from newegg.com on my account for approximately $150 each. They were posted a couple of days ago. I am in the process of disputing it. I don't remember the last time I purchased from newegg.com but I know for sure that I will never buy anything from them again. To allow fraudulent activity is just as bad as performing the fraud itself.
MJB

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Similar story.....
I noticed a charge from Newegg.com and I've never heard of or ordered from this company. I've filed to block the purchase (discovered it when it was still pending thankfully). There was also a $1 itunes charge that was not mine. There had also been a declined attempt from nokia brightpoint.
I did a little digging and found that Amazon has owned newegg since 2001. There's the connection between the two. Not sure what the connection is to itunes, but my bank did tell me that it is VERY common to have fraudulent purchases reported for itunes.
Needless to say, I'm closing my Amazon account (even though I've never used the same card at that site). In the future I'm also ONLY using itunes gift cards at the online itunes store. The card that was hacked has been cancelled.
Phoebe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

How on earth did you get information on who used your credit card?!? I have a charge on my account from NEWEGG.com (had never even heard of them before seeing the fraudulent charge so they did NOT have my card number stored on their server), and my credit union tells me NEWEGG refuses to give them any information about the order except what the item was -- some video game for only $65 but still... I didn't order it! They refuse to say what the shipping address was, what the name on the order was. or anything at all. Supposedly they not only had my account number, but also the three-digit code from the back of the card! So, is this some computer geek who is stealing these account numbers? Seems like since his favorite place to shop is NEWEGG.com . All I know is that NEWEGG.com is going to be sorry they ever allowed someone to fraudulently use my Visa account number. By the time I'm finished with them, and reporting them to the State Attorney General's office, and more effectively the media, they'll have to do something to change their ways. Shoot, it's probably one of their employees doing it.
Phoebe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

WELL I WILL BE REPORTING NEWEGG.COM TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND SENDING COPIES OF ALL OF YOUR REPORTS WITH MY LETTER. AFTER THAT I'LL BE CONTACTING THE MEDIA TO DO A STORY TO WARN OTHERS ABOUT NEWEGG.COM . THEY ARE GOING TO BE VERY VERY SORRY THEY STOLE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
Pat

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Add me to the list of fraudulent purchases made on Newegg.com on my credit card.$499.99 flies under the radar of most fraud checks, so the notebook ordered on my card was shipped to Texas (I am in PA) before it ever hit my statement. I just got a note of a large purchased being posted to my credit card. Some credit card companies now offer a free online incription for their card so the merchant never actually has your card number, so it cant be replicated. Funny thing is, we did make a purchase from Newegg over 14 months ago, so interesting that this number was used so much later. Very likely an inside problem with a Newegg's security breech. Also, they are very very nochalant about it when you contact them. Obviously not the first person to report fraud, and must be very common given their focus on electronic/components, etc.
Jeff

Vandalia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

My daughter just got hit by Newegg for $250. She never heard of Newegg before this. The "purchase" happened at 7:00 am on Sunday 09/13. Worse still it was a debit card with only $50 in the account and Chase allowed the $250 charge and had the gall to hit her with a $34 overdraft fee!. We just learned of this activity yesterday and are working with Chase to get the charges reversed. Chase and all credit card companies need to get serious about credit fraud. It is obvious that scams by Newegg and others like BIDFUEL are prevalent and credit card companies should be required to take PRO ACTIVE measures. Incidentally, when my daughter told her best friend , her friend told her mom and she too had been robbed by New Egg. Apparently the fraud is ongoing.
Cal

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Ordered something on Saturday night for a total of 1095$
On sunday morning my bank calls me to verify the transaction with newegg to which i give a thumbs up.
I check my e-mail and see no confirmation about the things that i have ordered. I complain to newegg but they tell me they have no records of any orders being palced under my name/ e-mail address.
I have no idea wtf to do...
lol at cal

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

i lold
Dereck

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

The common thread is Amazon.com . I purchased a book on 10/7/09, then 10/12/09 I received a charge for $255.55 from NEWEGG.COM , never heard of the site. Forunately, I check my on-line banking daily in the am and at night. Well around 10am there was not charge, but by 7pm PST there was the pending charge for NEWEGG.com . I checked the NEWEGG.com website and I think what the theifs are during are charging items before 12pm to get same day service in hopes that you don't notice the charges. My CC company will investigate and all CC information on Amazon.com has been removed and I should be recieving a new card any day now. BEWARE! Also, there was a $1.00 charge pending for i-Tunes, don't use that service, beware.... never leave any credit card information online in your account folder.
Knyte

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

If I had to guess, the thief is most likely using i-tunes as a tester, to make sure that the card info he/she has obtained is legit, and that the card is still valid. Kind of like what gas stations do when you use your card. They hit your account for $1 when you swipe your card, to make sure the card is good. Then they pull that dollar from pending and replace it with your final gas amount.

The thief is doing a simple, instant, and hard to trace method of testing card info before he makes a large hit through Newegg.com or wherever else.

I think the smart thing to do at this time, would be that id you have made any purchases through either Newegg or Amazon is to keep a close eye on your card's transaction history. Do it once a day. If you can catch the charge before it goes through, it is about X1000 easier to cancel.
Chris

West Kingston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

Just yesterday (11/1/09) I got hit with a fraudulent $139.99 charge from NewEgg. I'd heard of them before in passing, but NEVER made a purchase. I am so lucky to have found the charge first thing this morning (due to random chance). I also had a $3.00 charge from something called St. Jude Research. I don't know what kind of operation these people are running, but law enforcement needs to do an investigation of these people. I have purchased from Amazon BTW. I got my card cancelled first thing this morning. It makes me sick that people are so dishonest and uncaring. Down with NewEgg.
DT in Vista

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Well, well, well...I am the latest to be scammed it seems. Except I am the big winner (or loser?)- my charge was for OVER $3500!! I have no idea how that was authorized out of my checking account. I am an avid Amazon shopper - but rarely use my checking account for purchases on there. This is awful. NEWEGG.com says they cannot locate the purchase as it is still pending and my name is not associated with any orders. Terrible.
Mark C

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

My bank told me Newegg.com pays Visa not to pursue the fraud.
GMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

I just got charged yesterday (thousands) by new egg. I too have recently used Amazon, and Itunes a few months ago. I am pursuing and will update.
amy

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

I just found a charge for $3500+ for newegg.com and I didn't even know what they were until I read these posts. I don't know of any other sites I've used that are not secure... but I will be looking into it further. I tend to only use the mainstream sites and have never had a problem until now.
earl

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

They got me for 314.54 today,I contacted newegg and sat on hold for 30 minutes(3 different times),somebody ordered a radar detector,since it had already shipped according to them,they were requesting UPS return the item and I would be refunded my money.I also cancelled the bank card.Hopefully I caught the transaction in time or my bank will dispute the charges.
Veta

Crestline, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

I received a package today from UPS. when I opened the package it was a flash drive. I have never ordered from this company nor have I ever heard of them. I checked my bank account and found that I had a charge from them on my account. I have been on the phone for the last hour and a half and have not spoken to anyone.
jonny calif

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

dec 17th 2009..I had to shut my card off this morning due to a charge of $539.00 newegg..Tried to contact them to no avail, never heard of them..My bank says it'll be to weeks before they make it right,Im pissed merry xmas
Reno

Warren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

New Years Eve, a suspicious charge came through on my parents account from NewEgg.com . Oh, and the usual iTunes verification charge, of course. After calling NewEgg (See: incompetent pricks), contacting the bank, and filing a police report, they finally got some results. It's a shame that the police had to threatened Newegg with charges in order to get some answers. Newegg acted as if it wasn't their fault they allowed a charge that wasn't authorized.

Beware: Ana Dang of Santa Ana, CA was the culprit in this case. Genius even used her real name and home address to make the order.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Tucson Forum right now

Search the Tucson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Post you feature points referral code 8 hr becca 411
Russian mafia ring busted in Tucson (Nov '08) Tue Maurice Lavender 125
Made in China - Say No Mon PeeNutz 3
anyone had problems with therapist? Apr 10 kahn11 2
1976 Homicide Case Dismissed (Sep '10) Apr 9 Pastor Murray 14
Private Person to Person Lending - Help Your Lo... Apr 8 Bill Davies 1
AZ Who do you support for Governor in Arizona in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 6 illegals r criminals 448
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tucson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tucson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance