Dissatisfied

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

I recently had an unauthorized charge appear on my credit card with NewEgg.com showing as the merchant. I immediately called my credit card provider and reported the fraud. They opened a claim and put the charge status as pending. The card provider proceeded to converse with NewEgg.com to determine whether the charge was legitimately authorized or not.

After several weeks of waiting I got a notice from the card provider stating they would not credit back the charge because NewEgg.com had provided information which they saw as proof of authorization. A copy of the information NewEgg.com provided was given to me by the credit card provider it includes the invoice and other information.

What it does NOT include is the fact that I do NOT have ANY recent purchases listed on NewEgg's website and this unauthorized transaction took place in July. Yet NewEgg states that because the billing address and credit card information are both correct and complete, the charge was authorized.

So much for NewEgg's fraud protection security B.S. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the person got my credit card info straight from NewEgg.com .*A word of advice DO NOT STORE CREDIT CARD INFO ON NEWEGG'S WEBSITE. I took mine off immediately.

So now I had to waste more of my valuable time calling my card provider and re-opening the dispute stating that I have proof that the charge was unauthorized. Furthermore, I plan to drop this card provider like a bad habit ASAP.

The only good thing that has come from this so far is that I now have the physical address and name of the thief who used my card. >;]

NewEgg.com is soft on credit card fraud.
Kris

Carson City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

We are having a very similar experience. How did you get the name and address of the thief? Were they in NJ with a 714 area code phone number?
Tom

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

I just had an unathorized charge on my credit card. Dated 12/3/08. I have never even been on the newegg website let alone charge anything there. My credit card provider stated that there have been numerous calls from others about the same thing. We shall see how this one pans out. The only sites I have used that card are Travelocity, Amazon, and sportys. I have never had a problem with sportys so I am leaning towards travelocity or amazon.
Christine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

I just had a $761.00 charge on my card from Newegg. I have also never been to this site. I did shop online at Amazon and I-Tunes this week. Tom -I have never had a problem with Amazon before but maybe that is the common link.
Linda

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

ALSO had a charge on my card from Newegg for $371.00 but I was able to have it removed BUT had to get a new card and number - hmmm and I too have used that card on Amazon. Does make you wonder.
dlandb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

I recently had this very same problem with NewEgg. I found a $748 charge on my credit card in Jan. When the police called NewEgg they acknowledged the user of my card had simply added my last name to his name then opened a new account. According to the police report this same individual had 30 accounts all with the same address, same first two names but 30 different last names and 30 different credit card numbers. When asked if they were going to press charges or report this fraudulent use, NewEgg informed me that this was not their problem and the police would have to pursue the individual after charges were made!!

Since: Feb 09

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

So, newegg is the problem. Obviously someone in their employ is, and they don't want to do anything about it. Class action should take care of 'em.

This should be taken to a national fourm. and larger.
Wayno

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2009

Thanks for the warning - I just nuked my CC information at New Egg.

Wayno
Mark

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

I had an experience several weeks ago where 4 charges appeared on New Egg, where I did have an account. They allowed a person 2 open 2 new accounts within 24 hours using my credit card number and name, now 3 acounts on the same credit card (sounds suspicious) and name. Then they allowed the individual, to order 2 items on each account (4 items totalling 500) and each order shipped to a different address than the billing address. Now many stores do not allow you to ship to a differnt address unless the account has been open for a length of time. Finally, after telling them they were charging me but not willing to give me details on the account, I convinced them it was unethical to give info about the orders. I got the tracking numbers. Both shipments went within 15 miles of the NewEgg location near LA, makes you wonder. I found them to be very non responsive and also not very interested in doing anything about the situation. They are very sloppy in screening new accounts in my opionion.
Drew

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Do Not Store or for that matter buy anything from
NewEgg.com using a credit or debit card number.
I have had THREE Different Fraud Attempts on 3 different cards.
NewEgg is the only retailer where all 3 card numbers were used. NewEgg has
a huge problem whether internal or external (transaction processing company).
pooh bear

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

I have never done business with newegg.com March 2009, I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card from newegg.com for $159.00. I have used this card on Amazon also. Makes you wonder. My bank refunded my $.
Dan

Graham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Well it seems Im not the only one to have this problem. I was charged 700 dollars on my cc from newegg about 2 weeks ago. I gave them a call and they pissed me off. They pretty much told me to take it up with the police if I had a problem, they would not even tell me what was ordered or where it went. I really hope someone who has the capabilities to do something about them does it. DOWN WITH NEWEGG!!!!
Cinnastick

Lindon, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

I was charged about $80 back in march. I'd never even heard of newegg.com . Cancelled the card and disputed the charge. About a week or two ago i got a letter from my credit union with the order number and stuff. So I called newegg and asked about the order. They verified that it had my billing address on it, but it had shipped to another state- that might have been a pretty big clue to the dingos at newegg that it was fraud. They wouldn't give me the address though- which is weird cause i verified that i was the cardholder so i should have access to that info.
I work for an online retail store too, and I've dealt with fraud orders and charges before. You don't process an order that has different billing and shipping addressed without first verifying the info with the person listed on the billing address. Period.
Rotton Egg

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

The problem continues. Over $500 charged on our card and I had never heard of Newegg.com before this. As reported above, they had all of our information including address and telephone number. The only error is they misspelled our last name. I tried to track the USP shipment but the UPS tracking number on their invoice is bogus. Newegg.com is a bad eqq.
Andrew

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

Mine got stolen and over 1000 in airplane tickets
csr

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Today i got a call from bank saying that newegg.com has done $500 transaction and asking me to confirm whether it is authorized. Then i wondered and even i don't know what newegg.com is, so it is fraud and told the same thing to bank. Luckily i saved. Some one needs to BREAK the EGG otherwise it is very dangerous.
Ron

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Same deal with me - my bank reported a just under a $600 charge to my card from newegg that I did not make.

Luckiy I was able to cancel the card before the charge went through.
debmcd

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

I have never heard of this company yet found a pending charge of $1840.00 on my c/c today. It's Sunday and their offices are not open..............googled their name + fraudulent charges and found this site.
LeRoy

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

I recently purchased a hard-drive from New Egg. About four days later my credit card company called to check some suspicious credits. The first red-flag was an attempt to charge something with Western Union, but the expiration date given was wrong. There was also a $1.00 I-tunes charge. We do use I-tunes, but this one sounds suspicious as well. CC company canceled my card and sent out a new one. I haven't seen the final statement and so don't know if Newegg has added other billings. But I will now. It looks like they have a crook in their employ.
Graham

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

I too received a bogus credit card charge from this company Newegg.com that I have never heard of before, for 600$. I called the egg and explained I did not order this 600$ Nokia phone, they said they would cancel the account and that I should contact my local police. I called the police and they told me to file charges in the city where the transactions took place. I called new egg back and all they would give me was the state where the item was being shipped too, Kansas, they would not give the city. How are you supposed to find the perp if new egg doesn't help out? This company seriously needs to be shut down, they are promoting a atmosphere of allowable credit card fraud and the people who do know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of159
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Tucson Forum right now

Search the Tucson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Post you feature points referral code 53 min Aok10000 475
FeaturePoints Referral Codes! 7 hr Tina 4
get paypal cash this is real i promise Sat PrettyinPink 2
Review: A&L Transport Best Moving Company Freig... Fri lisa jones 2
Russian mafia ring busted in Tucson (Nov '08) Apr 15 Maurice Lavender 125
Made in China - Say No Apr 14 PeeNutz 3
anyone had problems with therapist? Apr 10 kahn11 2
•••
•••