At a bi-lingual church meeting, bilin...

At a bi-lingual church meeting, bilingual Pastor spoke mostly Spanish. Why?

Posted in the Tucson Forum

Parishioner

El Paso, TX

#1 Mar 23, 2013
Our large church has ‘small group communities’ that meet regulary in people’s homes. Some are English language evangelization communities (of which I belong to one), and some are Spanish language ones. The pastor recently invited members of both language communities to meet together with him at church to discuss future evangelization strategies.

During the meeting the bi-lingual pastor spoke in Spanish most of the time. This meant I could not understand what he said. I had hoped he would repeat what he said in English for the sake of the English speaking evangelization members present, but most of the time he did not.

I am perplexed. My pastor wants both language evangelization groups present, but speaks most of the time in only one language, rather than in both, so that both groups will understand what he’s saying, not to mention feel welcomed. Instead, I felt excluded and unwelcomed. And quite sad that this exclusion was at the hands of my own pastor. I’m unsure how to address this, as there will be more meetings.
Profeta TB Joshua

Sweden

#2 May 25, 2013
Hola ¿Está buscando una liberación para establecer su
propia conexión o usted quiere comprar el agua Unción.
Si usted desea vist la iglesia sinagoga de toda la nación,
por favor llame o envíenos un email y esperar la
confirmación antes de venir, Tenga en cuenta que la
línea de oración en la Iglesia Sinagoga de todas las
naciones tienen lugar todos los sábados de cada mes,
por favor. La inscripción para la línea de oración tendrá
lugar el Jueves. Llámenos,+234 (0) 8106605968 E-mail
nosotros; [email protected] Para su agua
Unción y la invitación a la iglesia, sinagoga de todas las
Naciones. Desde Emmanueltv.com
Trilingual

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Jun 16, 2013
So, you were looking for God and youdidnt understand the message in spanish? I would have figured that the message would have come in regardless of the language. Telepathically or some other heavenly way.

Now you are sad, perplexed and just plain pissed off at your pastor for siding with those damned spanish speakers. You feel cheated, robbed and just plain screwed. Whaton earth will you ever do? You know, the keys to the kindgom were spoken in spanish only.

Ok, now that I've poked at you a little. Here's what you can do.

- Learn spanish (in europe people are 3+lingual on average - this speaks to intelligence and ability to learn - here we sit and cry and complain about why someone violated my rights by speaking another langauage in my presence - show your intelliigence and learn another langauage - yes, this is america, the meltingpot of all languages - learn, learn, learn)
- go complain to that no good for nothing pastor and tell him you feel violated for his lack of courtesy
- leave your church and find some other place to judge people and to ask for forgiveness and pretend to be looking for God
- kick his ass

... Find peace in what you are looking for wherever you are ... God is inside of you ... No need for a building with people ... Pastors or prophets ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post you feature points referral code (Feb '14) 1 hr 50_Points 6,703
Feature Points Referral Code 72E8BB 18 hr Broda 14
south tucson casual encounters 21 hr ynotsellav 1
Feature Points Hack Thu Batu 10
News Obama Illegal Alien Criminal Release Exposed by... Wed see the light 2
News UFO Lights Up Tucson Sky Like Christmas Tree Jul 28 raul 1
FeaturePoints Referral Code for 100,000 points=... (Oct '14) Jul 28 Melanie 92
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tucson Mortgages