Authorities make major drug bust

Authorities make major drug bust

There are 12 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jun 23, 2008, titled Authorities make major drug bust. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Local authorities have arrested two men as part of a major cocaine and marijuana distribution network in Summit County, Sheriff Drew Alexander announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

I Want Some

Beachwood, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2008
That would make that smoke worth $13,000 a pound. I think they are over estimating the value.
Ahau Kin

Maumelle, AR

#2 Jun 23, 2008
"was distributing about 15,000 pounds of marijuana a year in the Akron area, according to authorities."

Oh get serious. That's 780,000 (!) OZ's per year, more than 1 per person per year for all of Summit County. And where's all those millions of dollars?

(The actual percentage of people who smoke is undoubtedly far less than the totality of the population. And most potheads will no doubt smoke way more than one OZ per year. Even so, their figure seems way 'high'.)

Why do the authorities ALWAYS put out these huge 'estimates' they pull out of thin air?
Ahau Kin

Maumelle, AR

#4 Jun 23, 2008
Oh, one other point: these guys aren't the only folks bringing weed et.al. into town.

Also post #1 makes a good point: the authorities ALWAYS overestimate the 'street value'.

Let's see: I think an OZ can be had, depending on quality and how many middlemen tax you, from a low around 80 - 120 $$. Lets assume $100 for ease of calculation (I've seen QP's go for $400), makes a pound a maximum of $1600. But you usually get a better price for buying in bulk.
calling OMG

Tallmadge, OH

#5 Jun 23, 2008
Hey grump! Seems a Tallmudgeon has been contributing to the criminal element in Akron.

How about that.

And you thought when your neighbor said he was going to cut the 'grass'...
DAYAM

Akron, OH

#6 Jun 23, 2008
$39,600,000 FOR 3,000LBS?

That's $13,200 a pound. That seems a little high.
Cheech

Tallmadge, OH

#7 Jun 23, 2008
DAYAM wrote:
$39,600,000 FOR 3,000LBS?
That's $13,200 a pound. That seems a little high.
Must be some good chit, man!
Citizen

Elmhurst, IL

#8 Jun 23, 2008
Maybe they put 1 too many 0's in there... $3,960,000 or $4 million sounds a bit more realistic for marijuana. Either way, these are some big time dealers.

Since: Mar 07

Canton, OH

#9 Jun 23, 2008
Another fine job by the local authorities.

The dopeheads will jes' have to buy another case or two to get them through the week.
stoned

Tulsa, OK

#12 Jun 23, 2008
think this will harms sales ? more than likly notthis is just a spoon full as to what else is passing through , must have been some good stuff at that price , out of my budget
Its 420 Somewhere

Toledo, OH

#13 Jun 23, 2008
bummer
Kansas City Ditchweed

United States

#14 Jun 23, 2008
No mexican brown weed is going for no $13k/lb.

Maybe something nice from K.C.....
Tsk

Youngstown, OH

#15 Jun 23, 2008
im sellin my gold and investing in that stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for old school friend 1 hr Searching 1
Qriket | Code 4QFGDY | Free PayPal Money | Cash... (Jan '16) 4 hr JESSICA 47
Rh negative bloodtype Thu Anna27 1
Open the Borders Wider in the Decline and Fall ... Jul 27 Culture Auditor 1
Rainbow 101 Jul 26 anonymous 1
Frature points hacked code Jul 24 Tits 1
News Tucson rally shows solidarity with Black Lives ... Jul 22 Paul P Tretiakoff 1

Tucson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tucson Mortgages