Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to ...

Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to the public

There are 2428 comments on the CBS News story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to the public. In it, CBS News reports that:

President Barack Obama delivers remarks about extending tax cuts for middle class people during an event in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building November 28, 2012 in Washington, DC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#458 Dec 4, 2012
we support obama wrote:
<quoted text>stand your ground dont give in to the republicans.
You gotta be kidding me! I'd sooner eat overcooked broccoli!
obama wins

Dothan, AL

#459 Dec 4, 2012
we all trust him and stand by him as our president.
tea baggers out

Dothan, AL

#460 Dec 4, 2012
for lunch haveing ice cold sweet tea.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#461 Dec 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your reply is still spinning, but to answer your last question first, we are speaking of income tax, and I'm cutting my own financial throat if Obama gets his way.
I don't think Colin Powell would appreciate your spelling of his first name, since he is not an internal organ. But as to your curiosity about a Powell vs. Clinton duel, Powell might have won (though I doubt it), not because he is black, but because he was a highly respected and very smart man. Still Clinton (often referred to as the first black president) would have been very tough to beat. Blacks cared about Clinton because he clearly cared about them.
You're right, sorry 'bout that Colin.

Powell would have won. Obama vs, Bill Clinton, Obama would have won even though Clinton cared about them. I don't see it as racist. For a black man with the black experience in America having a black president is a very meaningful, monumental achievement. Obama hasn't really done much for black Americans. I believe their unemployment rate is somewhere around 14% or 15%. It was around 11% when Obama took office. But, the vote was still there for him.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#462 Dec 4, 2012
Obama's Real Unemployment Rate Is 14.7%, And A Recession's On The Way
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#463 Dec 4, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, sorry 'bout that Colin.
Powell would have won. Obama vs, Bill Clinton, Obama would have won even though Clinton cared about them. I don't see it as racist. For a black man with the black experience in America having a black president is a very meaningful, monumental achievement. Obama hasn't really done much for black Americans. I believe their unemployment rate is somewhere around 14% or 15%. It was around 11% when Obama took office. But, the vote was still there for him.
I too believe having a black president is a meaningful, monumental achievement, and I have had the white experience, having seen the ugly face of racism and bigotry in my country all my life.
Obama has done a great deal for Americans of all shades, by preventing another Great Depression. What you don't seem to get is that there is no earthly reason for most Blacks to vote Republican.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#464 Dec 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I too believe having a black president is a meaningful, monumental achievement, and I have had the white experience, having seen the ugly face of racism and bigotry in my country all my life.
Obama has done a great deal for Americans of all shades, by preventing another Great Depression. What you don't seem to get is that there is no earthly reason for most Blacks to vote Republican.
You might be right with that last statement with the exception of about 10% who did well. The Herman Cains et al.

You must live in the south. My father was stationed in N. Carolina in the late 50s. I saw it for myself. That state's transformation is remarkable to me.

I thought Bush saved us from a depression with his TARP. I recall his stupid remark concerning saving capitalism with socialism. Obama continued the policy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#466 Dec 4, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
Obama's Real Unemployment Rate Is 14.7%
Of course, the real number is maintained by the Bureau of Labor and always has and they have counted the same way for forty years and they say it's 7.9 and maybe you'd thing clearer if took Glenn Beck's cockadoodle out of your mouth and took in some oxygen.
Mykrodick

Saint Paul, MN

#467 Dec 4, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Your head is still stuck where the sun don't shine. You have a long way to the rectal light. Four more years of teabag tears.
Don't project your POS life on others. Whatever their issues are at least they aren't you.
Mykrodick

Saint Paul, MN

#468 Dec 4, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Another frightwingnut blog site. Don't post these links if you don't want other people to read your frightwingnut bullshit.
What does it matter either way, you're too dumb and deluded to understand anyway.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#469 Dec 5, 2012
Mykrodick wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't project your POS life on others. Whatever their issues are at least they aren't you.
Your head is still stuck where the sun don't shine. You have a long way to the rectal light. Four more years of teabag tears

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#470 Dec 5, 2012
Mykrodick wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter either way, you're too dumb and deluded to understand anyway.
Your head is still stuck where the sun don't shine. You have a long way to the rectal light. Four more years of teabag tears

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471 Dec 5, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
Obama's Real Unemployment Rate Is 14.7%, And A Recession's On The Way
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
Ever the Patriot, eh?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#472 Dec 5, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting spin. It's true most blacks vote democratic, but I would have liked to see how it would have turned out if a black man ran against Clinton, say, a Colon Powell.
A Clinton did run against Obama in the primary and lost.
Which tax breaks for the top 2% are you referring to? Income, capital gains, write offs?
A Black man did run, his name was Herman Cain. The Blacks wouldn't vote for Mr. Cain because he wouldn't give.. them 'free stuff'?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#473 Dec 5, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>A Black man did run, his name was Herman Cain. The Blacks wouldn't vote for Mr. Cain because he wouldn't give.. them 'free stuff'?
You alway's seem to elude, a firm grasp on reality.....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#474 Dec 5, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You alway's seem to elude, a firm grasp on reality.....
You vote Demorat, you never have a grasp on reality, only someone else's purse? Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, and use Other People's Money?
Billy Ringo

United States

#475 Dec 5, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>A Black man did run, his name was Herman Cain. The Blacks wouldn't vote for Mr. Cain because he wouldn't give.. them 'free stuff'?
Old Herb is still trying to figure out what he would do about Iraq.

There's a lot of stuff going on up there, you know.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#476 Dec 5, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Herb is still trying to figure out what he would do about Iraq.
There's a lot of stuff going on up there, you know.
Billie Boie, there will be fighting in that region until the end of time. If they don't find someone to fight with, they will fight amongst themselves.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#477 Dec 5, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you post a link to it if you didn't want anyone to read it? If you want to keep your frightwing, survival teabag nuttiness to your self, don't post links to your nutjob sites.
I posted so anyone could read it! My point is if you see the link and believe it to be "frightwing", you do not have to open the link and read it.

Your decision!!!!

Just because you disagree, does not make my opinion or my sites "jutjob"!!!

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#478 Dec 5, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted so anyone could read it! My point is if you see the link and believe it to be "frightwing", you do not have to open the link and read it.
Your decision!!!!
Just because you disagree, does not make my opinion or my sites "jutjob"!!!
Your decision to post your frightwing "jutjob" bullshit. My decision to read it and call it what it is. Frightwingnut nutcase bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington D.C. Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charles and Camilla land in the US Mar '15 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Prince Charles, Camilla get royal tour of Washi... Mar '15 Dana 1
News Two More Men Plead Guilty to Environmental Crim... Mar '15 conversation star... 1
News Eggs and kegs kick off Mobile's Saint Patrick's... Mar '15 NWO 1
News Weather History: Jan. 16: Record temps, storms,... Feb '15 Trevor 1
News Storm brings mix of sleet, snow and rain to Nor... Feb '15 Give me 20 3
News Christie Clarifies His Opinion On Vaccinating C... Feb '15 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web