Marines to wind down Afghan combat in...

Marines to wind down Afghan combat in 2012

There are 53 comments on the Peninsula Clarion story from Nov 26, 2011, titled Marines to wind down Afghan combat in 2012. In it, Peninsula Clarion reports that:

U.S. Marines will march out of Afghanistan by the thousands next year, winding down combat in the Taliban heartland and testing the U.S. view that Afghan forces are capable of leading the fight against a battered but not yet beaten insurgency in the country's southwestern reaches, senior U.S. military officers say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peninsula Clarion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#1 Nov 26, 2011
President Obama’s foreign policy strategies has brilliantly won the war in Iraq, won the war in Afghanistan, found and killed Osama bin Laden, brought Muammar Qaddafi’s dictatorship to a brutal end, killed thousands of terrorists all while preventing a 9-11 type of an attack on the homeland… like the one that happened on George W. Bush watch.

Most of my fellow Marines appreciate the leadership that our Commander-in-Chief has lead them with bringing them so many victories on the battlefield…

God bless President Obama and the United States Marine Corps!
want to move

Winter Springs, FL

#2 Nov 26, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
President Obama’s foreign policy strategies has brilliantly won the war in Iraq, won the war in Afghanistan, found and killed Osama bin Laden, brought Muammar Qaddafi’s dictatorship to a brutal end, killed thousands of terrorists all while preventing a 9-11 type of an attack on the homeland… like the one that happened on George W. Bush watch.
Most of my fellow Marines appreciate the leadership that our Commander-in-Chief has lead them with bringing them so many victories on the battlefield…
LMAO..won the wars...LOL You are delusional about his accomplishments buthey insanity isn't illegal....LMAO

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Nov 26, 2011
want to move wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO..won the wars...LOL You are delusional about his accomplishments but hey insanity isn't illegal....LMAO
luckily for him, niether is stupid.
discount fox3thongee

Sun City, AZ

#4 Nov 26, 2011
ya all shop black fri day yet?;) white sat day extra discount!! free sun day shoppin ;-0000
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Nov 26, 2011
IT IS OBVIOUS MARINE CORP IS A GOVERNMENT SHILL. EVIL IS ALL AROUND. NO ONE IS NEAR 100% ON ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER UNLESS THEY ARE INSANE. MARINE CORP IS GETTING PAID AS A PLANT AND LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK, SETTING A BAR THAT IS NOT THE NORM. THEN OUR OPINIONS ARE GRADED AS HATE FROM THAT VALUE. VOTING FOR THE SAME STYLE REPUB IN 2012 WILL GIVE US A CRUMB BACK COMPARED TO WHAT IS PRESIDENT NOW. BUT WE WILL NOT BE HEADING BACK TO FREEDOM. IT IS TRAGIC PEOPLE REPEAT THE SAME MONTSToROUS DECISIONS TIME AFTER TIME.
discount fox3thongee

Sun City, AZ

#6 Nov 26, 2011
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
luckily for him, niether is stupid.
Carrey666! the NBA all star on NBC on nooon 12-25-11 yo wil see! ;) don't wait for DC vote or Obamad vetooo...wil see the girlwithdragontatooo.cm movie
discount fox3thongee

Sun City, AZ

#7 Nov 26, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Pat U mus hav a goood turkee!!! John Baitner speaker of a house...Barraq Obamath is center speaker of the home...and Joe Bitedin is microphone!!! ;) U shop anything for the Chief yet?
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#8 Nov 26, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I give up...what kind of DRUGS are you on?

We have won ZERO....except trillions in new debt, dead american servicemen, dead Afghans and DISHONOR to our nation.

The Marines are not winding down anything....they are LOSING and going home as the LOSERS that they are.

The USA is a sick violent nation caught it its own UGLY revenege and now chooses to slither home and claim they accomplished something.
Lance Winslow

Alameda, CA

#10 Nov 26, 2011
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up...what kind of DRUGS are you on?
We have won ZERO....except trillions in new debt, dead american servicemen, dead Afghans and DISHONOR to our nation.
The Marines are not winding down anything....they are LOSING and going home as the LOSERS that they are.
The USA is a sick violent nation caught it its own UGLY revenege and now chooses to slither home and claim they accomplished something.
Kinda resembles Iraq but on a much smaller scale.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#11 Nov 26, 2011
God bless our brave men and women. Bring them home and have them patrol and defend our borders here at home instead. No more wasting money and lives overseas!

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 26, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
PAKISTAN: 24 troops killed in NATO helicopter attack..

RETALIATE: Pak shuts routes into Afghanistan...

PAKISTAN CUTS US SUPPLY LINES

Obama hits the links again...

Shoots hoops, takes in a game...
Devil in the Details

Markham, Canada

#13 Nov 26, 2011
Troops are being brought out of Iraq where peace reigns to lose our efforts there only to be sent back out to Afganistan where combat casualties are much higher and the war effort there useless.

When in 2012, end of 2012?

In AFganistan, the combat troops die in unneccessary suicide missions and Obama hinders their efforts by withholding their power to shoot. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT COMMANDER IN CHIEF IS HE? He is enemy of the U.S. He wants more of our young able bodied men to die so that the country cannot protect itself at home. Not enough troups were dying in Iraq for him. He is also using the military and christianity to get vote. No Christmas tree at the WH for 3 years, suddenly this year we hear Michelle is decorating one. LIES and ELECTIONEERING. Danger in Term 2.

BUZZ THIS AROUND TO ALL

VOTE OBAMA OUT 2012
Gravediggers

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2011
from Afghanistan then on to Yemen, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Somolia, Uganda, soon to be Congo.

The USA is tethered to the Middle East, all because of Israel. Who gets aid from the USA and Britian. Israel can't exist without these two countries.
brad

Manchester, CT

#16 Nov 26, 2011
Gravediggers wrote:
from Afghanistan then on to Yemen, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Somolia, Uganda, soon to be Congo.
The USA is tethered to the Middle East, all because of Israel. Who gets aid from the USA and Britian. Israel can't exist without these two countries.
America and Britian,like much of the world,have been victim to attacks by Muslim factions.
It's Muslims that insist on these aggresions.

Since: Dec 07

Murchison, TX

#17 Nov 26, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The real Marines would kick your ass for impersonating one of them.
contrary jerry

Acworth, GA

#19 Nov 26, 2011
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
God bless our brave men and women. Bring them home and have them patrol and defend our borders here at home instead. No more wasting money and lives overseas!
such an attitude might have helped had it been expressed about ten years ago. but now, we extort monies from other nations..how can we continue to do this without a kick azz military?
Dingo

Elk Grove, CA

#20 Nov 26, 2011
And in your case there wouldn't be any ass to kick.
I am sorry about that.
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
The real Marines would kick your ass for impersonating one of them.
Dingo

Elk Grove, CA

#21 Nov 26, 2011
Totally True
Gravediggers wrote:

Since: Dec 07

Murchison, TX

#22 Nov 26, 2011
Dingo wrote:
And in your case there wouldn't be any ass to kick.
I am sorry about that.
<quoted text>
I trained them at Fort Huachuca, Arizona. Still friends with two of them. As usual, your middle school comments are thought up while playing with yourself.
contrary jerry

Acworth, GA

#23 Nov 26, 2011
not that it means anythign but I am against it now because Given that the Department of Homeland Security has characterized behavior such as buying gold, owning guns, using a watch or binoculars, donating to charity, using the telephone or email to find information, using cash, and all manner of mundane behaviors as potential indicators of domestic terrorism, such a provision would be wide open to abuse.

]Keep the marines in afghanistan. we don't want them here anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uzbekistan Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi Arabia and the Future of Afghanistan (Dec '15) Jan '16 waco1909 3
News US, Afghan leaders lay groundwork for postwar r... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Exclusive: U.S. likely to delay planned closure... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Makes Sense 2
News Torture by Afghan forces declining, U.N. says (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ing 1
News A Peep into Afghanistan's History- Once a Hindu... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Maximus 2
News The U.S.-Afghanistan Prisoner Swap Doesn't Sign... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Bergdahl is a Des... 5
News Obama slips into Afghanistan to visit US troops (May '14) May '14 spocko 97
More from around the web