The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341607 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#120412 Mar 27, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going to answer this because I'm going to bed and am not going to wait for your answer.
For the most part, as there are always exceptions, homosexuals do not exhibit "hate" and intolerance for Christianity.It's really the other way around. Many of them have spent their entire lives yearning for a personal relationship with Christ as well as being accepting by the church they grew up in but as who they are, not who those in the church have determined they should be, because there are many interpretations to God's scripture.
It's really a pet peeve of mind to continue seeing Christians pull the "hate" and "intolerance" card in defense of themselves.
It's the essential reverse psychological mindfruck and it's ridiculous.
Many Christians want to claim that THEY are the ones being persecuted and hated for their beliefs and traditions, but when their beliefs essentially single out groups of people and condemn them or their lifestyle it really isn't surprising that they are going to get some return backlash from those groups.
It's like me going on talk radio and saying I hate all Bikers because I interpreted in my Bible that it's God's will to hate bikers and not expecting bikers to give me a piece of their mind.
The reality is that some of the Christians in today's society have completely used the church and the religion to justify hatred and intolerance and when they're called out on it, they play victim.
Hypocrite.

You decry Christianity and then demand that the group accepts you unconditionally. You and those like you are what is destroying this country and everything that it stood for
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120414 Mar 27, 2013
Study: Health law to raise claims cost 32 percent

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/stud...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120415 Mar 27, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called "change" and its inevitable. If you can't accept it, then you need to crawl back into your hole.
Mouthy little Ja Ja ain`t you!

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#120416 Mar 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't mean to butt in. I have a large gun collection my husband left me. There's an old 303 British. It's short. It has tall sight on the business end. It has sort of a blond camouflage stock. I think I remember hearing it was a snipers rifle. Any info?
If it's short, it's likely not a snipers rifle but a carbine, the one they called a "jungle carbine". The shorter length made it easier to negotiate thicker brush while still being more deployable. A sniper rifle had to have a longer barrel both for stability of the round and to get all the power out of the powder. The .303 is a potent round- almost equivalent to our 30-06. You've got a nice piece of history there.
I have three old guns- a 7mm Mauser, a Damascus-barreled 12 gauge and an 1895 Russian Nagant pistol. The 12 gauge will never be shot again, modern loads are too powerful and could split the hammered-wire barrels. What else do you have in your collection?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120417 Mar 27, 2013
Fight Over Minimum-Wage Hike Heats Up on Main Street

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100587856... |mod&ticket=ST-776-rVFI39X H0bbMMbJJeejN5VSJ9ZbF3GTATmJ-2 0&rememberMe=null

outdoors

#120418 Mar 27, 2013
Maravilla Street Gang wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the ATF would be interested in that "large gun collection" you have.
1 - 8 0 0 - A T F - G U N S
Most likely other collectors would be interested more than the BATF-E (the E was added some years ago- "Explosives"). It's not nice to scare a lady like that, especially when she's talking about a Lost Loved One. Rude.

This is sadly a common story. I would highly recommend Bonnie do research on line for appraisal values of all the pieces and decide whether to sell, keep or distribute the firearms to deserving family members. Selling would be best for her in an auction, as Idaho is a gun-friendly state.

I heard about a lady who was in line to turn in a gun owned by her late husband in a gummint buy-back program. A fellow standing in line with her offered her $5000 for the gun she hoped to get $50 for.

outdoors

#120419 Mar 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35
34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Hmmm, would Rose or NTR appreciate that advice?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120420 Mar 27, 2013
Kentucky lawmakers override religious freedom veto

Kentucky lawmakers have voted to override the governor's veto of a bill intended to better protect legal claims of religious freedom.

The law will give stronger legal standing to people in court who claim the government burdened their ability to practice their religion. The legislation protects "sincerely held religious beliefs" from infringement unless there is "a compelling governmental interest." The courts will still consider and rule on each matter.
http://news.msn.com/politics/kentucky-lawmake...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120421 Mar 27, 2013
Va. gov. signs bill requiring photo ID to vote

http://news.msn.com/politics/va-gov-signs-bil...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120422 Mar 27, 2013
Obama signs bill to avoid government shutdown

http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-signs-bill...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120424 Mar 27, 2013
Man allegedly tried to smuggle phone to Manson

A Charles Manson follower has been arrested on charges of trying to smuggle a cellphone inside the California prison where Manson is housed. Manson has been caught twice with a smuggled phone in the past four years.

However, the notorious cult leader who is serving a life sentence for orchestrating a series of gruesome murders more than 40 years ago has been caught with a smuggled cellphone twice in the past four years.

http://news.msn.com/us/man-allegedly-tried-to...

Rose is not going to like this.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#120425 Mar 27, 2013
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TC6SGHF806TJRRB...
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#120427 Mar 27, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and alive from the waste down, where you're always in action.
Alive?..I'll just bet. Alive with every bug that creeps, crawls or flies.

outdoors

#120428 Mar 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Alive?..I'll just bet. Alive with every bug that creeps, crawls or flies.
Go back a few pages, ma'am- I posted a few things for you. Start with the question you asked me.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#120429 Mar 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>If it's short, it's likely not a snipers rifle but a carbine, the one they called a "jungle carbine". The shorter length made it easier to negotiate thicker brush while still being more deployable. A sniper rifle had to have a longer barrel both for stability of the round and to get all the power out of the powder. The .303 is a potent round- almost equivalent to our 30-06. You've got a nice piece of history there.
I have three old guns- a 7mm Mauser, a Damascus-barreled 12 gauge and an 1895 Russian Nagant pistol. The 12 gauge will never be shot again, modern loads are too powerful and could split the hammered-wire barrels. What else do you have in your collection?
Yep I already corrected myself on that. I knew it was no snipers rifle. And I thought I remembered my husband saying it was a jungle carbine. He also had a 7.7 Jap with a sporterized stock. Is that the same as 7.7 caliber as we know it? That's smaller than a nine millimeter (Obviously). It would be a very )HOT)fast bullet with all that powder behind it.I'd think. BTW. I also have a gun that will never be shot again. A Remington twenty gauge pump that I fired with snow in the barrel. IT never split but it now curves to the right. Honest.. I guess it would still be good for ducks flying right..I wouldn't have to lead them.. LOL.

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#120430 Mar 27, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don`t get it you never will.
Evil home alone friends with benefits Lady!
I think you are trying, with your crude communication skills, to suggest some sort of sexual motive. You have a very small, creepy mind. I suggest therapy, and lots of it.

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#120431 Mar 27, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Is awesome? Yes she is! Thanks for saying so.
Thank you!!
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#120432 Mar 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Go back a few pages, ma'am- I posted a few things for you. Start with the question you asked me.
No need to call me mam.(Bet you are or were in the Military) But thanks Sir..LOL. And thanks for your input.
sunny

Longview, WA

#120433 Mar 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>My first deer rifle was a Rem. A3-03- a shoulder-bruiser in 30-06. As soon as I lucked into the TC in .223, my hunting got a lot simpler. Military ball grouped about breadbox-sized at 100 yards. My handloads got the groups down to a dime. As a plus they're only about 80% as potent, so recoil is much easier to handle. When I wanted to feel the recoil and be in awe of a round, I'd put on the 7x30 Waters barrel. There are a lot of people who know more about this topic than I do and a lot of people who are better shots. I know what I know is all I can tell you. A young lady who made a pair of jeans look like a priceless bit of sculpture could out shoot me on ocassion- didn't bother me a bit but her ass-ets made it hard to concentrate on the target.
You huntcoyotes I presume,sounds like you like your guns.Know a guy that has a 100 gun safe an it full,he likes his guns.Ass-ets been there to it does make it hard concentrate on what your doing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#120434 Mar 27, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a distinct possibility. lol
TMT can affect anybody, you know. It can become like a vacuum which we all know that nature abhors, and one can get sucked into it.
So, really the only game here that makes any sense at all to play here is the identification of those that produce all of the sucking.
Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 3 hr Your Ex 202
Philly harm reduction, where not to go (Jan '14) 4 hr Ghost 1,995
News 11 things to do in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend 12 hr END THUG LIVES 2
News Let's get real and end birthright citizenship f... 16 hr indict sayanim 3
News NYC council speaker endorses Hillary Clinton fo... Thu Sterkfontein Swar... 17
News NYC council speaker endorses Hillary Clinton fo... Thu Asian Guy 1
News The Truth About Chiropractors (Apr '13) Sep 2 Successful chirop... 40
More from around the web