The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393407 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Reality

Louisville, KY

#120307 Mar 26, 2013
Maravilla Street Gang wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your bible, God hates homosexuals but it's OK for man to rape and have multiple wives.
Great morals you advocate there!!
Chapter and verse where GOD says its okay to rape and have multiple wives.

Just because someone is rape or have multiple wives in one of the chapters does not mean GOD approves of it.

Chapter and verse where GOD states he approves of rape and multiple wives.

This is man choices and decisions, not GOD's.

Although, it does state in the Bible where GOD hates the homosexual's act:

Lev. 18:22-23 King James Version

22. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

23. And you shall not lie with any beast and defile yourself with it, neither shall any woman give herself to a beast to lie with it: it is a perversion.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120310 Mar 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably correct. The problem is they need to address the real issues of mental illness rather than attempting to place additional restrictions on law abiding citizens. Mass shootings are obviously done by people who have some type of mental illness. The problem is the number of people who seek mental treatment such as anti-depressants. Do you have any idea how many Americans are on anti-depressants???
I'm all for improving our health care delivery system when it comes to issues of mental health, but that's going to take money and most conservatives seem to lose interest when it comes to paying for it.

The problem I see is that in a society where guns are so prevalent, the mentally ill are always going to have relatively easy access to firearms and any real effort to make it harder for those who should not have guns to get them is met by stiff resistance and cries of "disarming the people" by the gun lobby.

Take the stories we've heard on this thread about ex-soldiers who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses being told they can't own firearms.

They are always followed by the far right screaming about how unfair and unconstitutional it is to strip these individuals of their second amendment rights.

You can't have it both both ways. Either we're going to get serious or we're not.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#120311 Mar 26, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
The flow of money was traced as it passed through several non-profit organizations, ultimately going all the way back to a known dark money conduit known as Americans for Job Security."
California Investigation Might Break the Koch Machine
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/will-califor...
They should go after Soros.

Location hidden

#120312 Mar 26, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you!
I hate to be the one to tell you, but you're the one that started it tonight.

Sorry it didn't go the route you wanted it too.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#120313 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You know these Republican food stamp warriors. They feel entitled to mooching off our tax dollars and spending their days on Topix disseminating their ignorance.
So you must be a Republican

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#120314 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not really a gang.... it's more like a firm.
ROLF!!!
A human smuggling firm.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#120315 Mar 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Ben Carson, admirable man with a mistaken philosophy
By Cynthia Tucker, Special to CNN
updated 8:44 AM EDT, Tue March 26, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/opinion/tucker-...
......Yet black Americans know better than to believe those traits are enough to guarantee success. History taught us better. Just look back over the last decade and a half. In 2000, according to the U.S. census, less than a quarter of black Americans -- 22.5%-- lived in poverty. By 2010, that number had risen to 27.4%. Was there a sudden outbreak of indolence among black folk over that period? Or were there outside forces that conspired to knock them back down the economic ladder? As long as the Republican Party refuses to acknowledge that, it will have little to offer workers of color -- and declining appeal to younger whites. They, too, understand the limits of self-reliance.
To be helpful to the GOP, Carson would have to remind them of the caprice of capitalism and the generational reach of racism's barriers. Instead, he sounds like the standard-issue Ayn Rand acolyte, no different from Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan. He opposes the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and supports a flat tax. For good measure, he's also a religious conservative who disputes evolution.
(cont.)
Typical left wing tactics on a very admirable, intelligent conservative. Rather than applaud his efforts and accomplishments, they berate him because he "sounds like the standard-issue" conservative.
----------

"We don't necessarily have to do 10% but it's the principle. He didn't say if your crops fail, don't give me any tithe or if you have a bumper crop, give me triple tithe. So there must be something inherently fair about proportionality. You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10 you put in one. Of course you've got to get rid of the loopholes. Some people say,'Well that's not fair because it doesn't hurt the guy who made $10 billion as much as the guy who made 10.' Where does it say you've got to hurt the guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot. We don't need to hurt him. It's that kind of thinking that has resulted in 602 banks in the Cayman Islands. That money needs to be back here building our infrastructure and creating jobs."

Not surprisingly, a practicing physician has un-PC thoughts on health care:

"Here's my solution: When a person is born, give him a birth certificate, an electronic medical record, and a health savings account to which money can be contributed—pretax—from the time you're born 'til the time you die. If you die, you can pass it on to your family members, and there's nobody talking about death panels. We can make contributions for people who are indigent. Instead of sending all this money to some bureaucracy, let's put it in their HSAs. Now they have some control over their own health care. And very quickly they're going to learn how to be responsible."

The Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon may not be politically correct, but he's closer to correct than we've heard in years.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#120316 Mar 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems like a discussion that belongs on one of the Gay threads. This thread is not confess my demons friendly.
It's also not a Pink Floyd tribute thread, schmucko.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#120317 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I think it's funny when tea baggers pretend to be in the military to try and make their right wingnut points!!!!!
HAHAHAAHAA!!!
This is the remarks of a true WORM(no backbone). Go hide worm, the birds are after you.

Location hidden

#120318 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do not consider it a "game". It was really just a joke"
LOL! Big difference. Eh?
Actually a very big difference. A joke (amusement) between AL and I compared to a game (shady scheme). Nothing shady about it.

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#120319 Mar 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone is rape or have multiple wives in one of the chapters does not mean GOD approves of it.
23. And you shall not lie with any beast and defile yourself with it, neither shall any woman give herself to a beast to lie with it: it is a perversion.
Yeah.., and god says women need to shut the hell up in the presence of men.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man." (1 Tim. 2:12-14)

Apply it to yourselves.

Location hidden

#120320 Mar 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Even assuming that you're context is correct, read the rest of the book of Leviticus and tell me how many "abominations" you commit in a day.

You can't just pick and choose.

If those are the rules that you choose to judge others by then those are the rules by which you will be judged.

Religion made them human

#120321 Mar 26, 2013

1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35

34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Location hidden

#120322 Mar 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do with the article I posted. She doesn't care why conservatives are embracing him. She simply thinks he has it all wrong and states exactly why she believe he's wrong.
We all know he has some major issues when it comes to rejecting Evolution. Of course, I imagine you disagree? Don't disappoint me.
Other than that, he simply has it wrong.
"He simply has it wrong" in your very liberal opinion.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#120323 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>Zup Quacky?
The price of Fake ID`s in Puerto rico.

Scummy.

Religion made them human

#120324 Mar 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a very big difference. A joke (amusement) between AL and I compared to a game (shady scheme). Nothing shady about it.
Funny definition of the word "game", my whirling Dervish

Keep spinning!

Location hidden

#120325 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Quit spamming this thread!
Who put you in charge? I will place whatever I wish on this thread, whenever I so desire!

If you have a problem, contact Topix police.

Religion made them human

#120326 Mar 26, 2013
Got to go, folk! Got things to do.

Darsan Namaste
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#120327 Mar 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Salam wa aleikum, bro! You should try learning how to spell your avatar before trying to report someone who can.
Next time you visit you Imam ask him if he has a course in

Ant-Dkhdisim.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#120332 Mar 26, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Wh do you talk so dirty? Is that part of your culture?
No , actually it`s your gang banger mentality. You all think your Danny Trejo .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump OK'd partner with alleged Iran laundering... 2 hr Hysterically comical 44
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... Mon Go Blue Forever 78
News 4 ways millennials can survive and thrive in Ne... Aug 27 tl-dr 3
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... Aug 26 Hostis Publicus 44
News Senate hopeful Harrington aims to expand opport... Aug 26 Andy 5
News Judge to rule on tribe's oil pipeline request b... Aug 25 judges indabag 1
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Aug 25 Meow Meow Meow 73
More from around the web