The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403527 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#106141 Feb 22, 2013
NCPRPDC REGIONAL
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE DATA*

Just one counties unemployment through the year.
DEC.
2011 - 10.9
JAN.
2012 - 11.3
FEB.
2012 - 11.2
MAR.
2012 - 10.8
APR.
2012 - 10.8
MAY.
2012 - 10.2
JUN.
2012 - 10.8
JUL.
2012 - 11.3
AUG.
2012 - 11.1
SEPT.
2012 - 10.5
OCT.
2012 - 10.1
NOV.
2012 - 10.5
DEC.
2012 - 12.0

http://www.ncentral.com/uploads/Trans/Trans20...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106142 Feb 22, 2013
Meltdown alert!.....
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#106143 Feb 22, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who confine themselves to the Nightly News[ABC,CBS,NBC} are doomed to perpetual ignorance and that is a very large percentage of the population. So many no longer read newspapers, all their information is cursory at best, and we know the networks I mention are dishonest.
Most of the young get whatever meager news to do get from television shows, like Stewart, Colbert, Leno, Kimmel, etc. which of course means they're ignorant.
Obama and the dems are bankrupting us and they're yukking it up over a water bottle.
That's a myth perpetuated by the right to show why they're losers ("it's not our fault!"). In fact, the media is overwhelming conservative. Care for some factual proof?(Of course not!)

• The American Society of Newspaper Editors found that all the presidential votes aside, editorial writers were more likely to be conservative or independent than staffers.

• In 2010 (the year of the GOP massive increases in the House) Pew Research Center’s “State of the News Media” identified the top 14 radio talkers in the nation. None were liberal.

The number of times conservative and liberal nationally syndicated columnists appeared in major papers:

• Conservatives: Cal Thomas was featured 106 times, George Will 73, David Brooks 72, Charles Krauthammer 53, Richard Lowry 42, Ross Douthat 41, Kathleen Parker 32, Michelle Malkin 29, Walter Williams 25, Paul Greenberg 18 and Mona Charen 14.

• Liberals: Liberal columnists who somehow found their way onto the right-wing Editorial page of the paper were; Thomas Friedman 65, Nicholas Kristof 47, the redoubtable Maureen Dowd 26, Paul Krugman, another great, 24 and Clarence Page 15.

Simple addition reveals the total number of conservative columnists given guest spots to be 505. For the liberals that number was 177 or 74% vs. 26 %.

Most egregious was the tally based on Obama cartoons. Pro-Obama 3%; Anti-Obama 87%
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#106144 Feb 22, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
NCPRPDC REGIONAL
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE DATA*
Just one counties unemployment through the year.
DEC.
2011 - 10.9
JAN.
2012 - 11.3
FEB.
2012 - 11.2
MAR.
2012 - 10.8
APR.
2012 - 10.8
MAY.
2012 - 10.2
JUN.
2012 - 10.8
JUL.
2012 - 11.3
AUG.
2012 - 11.1
SEPT.
2012 - 10.5
OCT.
2012 - 10.1
NOV.
2012 - 10.5
DEC.
2012 - 12.0
http://www.ncentral.com/uploads/Trans/Trans20...
Maybe they should move to where the jobs are?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#106145 Feb 22, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.
Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.
http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-...
----------
Just curious. Do you align yourself with the conservative definition above?
"...to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights..."

WA can speak for herself, but I completely reject the premise of your question and your definition of what is "liberal" and what is "conservative".

I do not believe protecting civil liberties and individual human rights is strictly a liberal concept and if it is then the conservative movement in America has abandoned any claim it once had on morality.

If we did things your way the south would still be segregated, you would still be considered property and it would be a felony for me to be with my spouse.

Despite the fact that you don't use the same radical language of some on the far right, the end result of your world view is every bit as extreme.
sun

Longview, WA

#106146 Feb 22, 2013
positronium wrote:
Meltdown alert!.....
got that right

Location hidden

#106147 Feb 22, 2013
positronium wrote:
Meltdown alert!.....
Is ralff back?

;)

dilbertville USA

#106148 Feb 22, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should move to where the jobs are?
Regions Defined in Pictures
For the hard headed :)
http://www.nashua.edu/novakc/regions/region.h...

United States Demographics Profile 2012
http://www.indexmundi.com/united_states/demog...

dilbertville USA

#106149 Feb 22, 2013
Can't everybody move to Texas ... puke guy
You'd accuse us of seceding.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#106151 Feb 22, 2013
Go ahead and secede if Texas is still like this!

http://youtu.be/e4ptm6F2KHQ

Giant/56'/RHudson-MSimpson
"Yellow Rose Of Texas"
Mitch Miller-OST

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#106152 Feb 22, 2013
sun wrote:
<quoted text>don't have a clue what your talking about ,i can careless about todays market because it don't have room for people that can really work,what kind of lib. job you got smarty pants,hope its a good one so you can pay a lot of SSDI,ya know to keep my ckecks coming in. like not working an just screwing around all day
My lib job was a career in the US Army Infantry. After retirement from that lib job I started another liberal career as a Army civilian. After retiring from that liberal career I bought a small business. It's quite liberal too. It's called farming.

Your SSDI payments are based upon your liberal work history, not mine. lol

Location hidden

#106153 Feb 22, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
Can't everybody move to Texas ... puke guy
You'd accuse us of seceding.
Most of the new jobs in Texas went to non-US citizens anyway.

Oh, and before I forget, you're location says Illinois, but now you say you're in Texas?

Interesting.

dilbertville USA

#106154 Feb 22, 2013
Thursday, February 21, 2013

53% of US Wants Illegal Immigrants Deported

Senators mull 'bio-metric ID' requirement for federal workers

By Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

Read more: http://www.majic959.com/cc-common/news/sectio...

dilbertville USA

#106155 Feb 22, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
My lib job was a career in the US Army Infantry. After retirement from that lib job I started another liberal career as a Army civilian. After retiring from that liberal career I bought a small business. It's quite liberal too. It's called farming.
I commend your actions, not your thoughts.

dilbertville USA

#106156 Feb 22, 2013
Copied from another poster:

The El Paso County Attorneys and the District Attorney's office want convictions they can lay their teeth into so they can show they are macho.
They refuse to touch these cases because it is only property crimes of very little value to anyone other than the victim.

The federal government *will not work at reducing the number of illegal immigrants in this country because they will not present attorneys to be selected for Immigration judges who are liberal in nature. The republicans have failed to appoint any immigration judges for the last 2 years. I believe the figure of about 100 immigration judge openings are not filled. This backlog is causing an exponential number of cases not heard. Of course there are also not enough federal judges in this judicial area to handle all the criminal cases either. God and the republicans in congress are not on our side cause we are a democratic county.

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#106157 Feb 22, 2013
positronium wrote:
Meltdown alert!.....
This bout your 19th one!

19th Nervous Breakdown

http://youtu.be/LgpXwDduyhs
Rolling Stones
[GilliganIsland]
sun

Longview, WA

#106158 Feb 22, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for your service ,never had lib. job buddy, hope your farming bus.works out good luck

dilbertville USA

#106159 Feb 22, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and before I forget, you're location says Illinois, but now you say you're in Texas?
Interesting.
You just have no idea how to follow the topic, do you. puke guy said to move to where the jobs are. I made a joke about seceding.

Get it?

How can you move where the jobs are, IF there isn't enough to go around. That's what the president has failed us at, and continues DAILY, with more drama.

WHOOOOOOSH ...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#106160 Feb 22, 2013
belfastboy wrote:
<quoted text>
well thats down to your own opinion whos fault was that? england invaded ireland and they fought back.pretty good example to set IMO stand up for your rights
Oh really, Well as I remember, the Orange defeated the South, because they wished to remain loyal to the English Crown and not the Bishop of Dublin. What about the rights of those in North? The most facist organization in the world was the IRA. So who was standing up for what?

dilbertville USA

#106161 Feb 22, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Too much diphenhydramine in the baby bottle, sounds like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly Harm Reduction 6 1 hr CaptnRon 1,436
News Why are people giving Jill Stein millions of do... 8 hr Mikey 41
News Immigrants gripped by deportation fears with Tr... Fri Ssk 39
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Dec 1 Jill Stein 92
chance of a lifetime!!!! Dec 1 CoppnKenzo 3
News Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13) Nov 30 detoks 47
News Analysis: Much uncertainty ahead in US-Cuba rel... Nov 28 anonymous 7
More from around the web