The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393240 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#102081 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised that you disagree. Of course you get your information from conservatives who are self proclaimed liars.
http://www.relfe.com/media_can_legally_lie.ht...
What does that have to do with the topic?? Point out to me one dem that voted against going after OBL in Afghanistan after 911.. Just one will do..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102082 Feb 11, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true, conservatives don't want to change anything. The problem is, at what point in history to they want to go back to or remain? Back when the nation was young and folks got 40 acres, a mule and a musket…and blacks were known as "Negros" and kept as slaves? Or later when blacks were free but had separate facilities and "knew their place"? Or at least a point in time when there wasn't so many dang minorities.
In all cases, conservatives want to conserver an era when the population was virtually all white and whites felt like this was their country. Conservatives feel a deep sense of betrayal. They believe that as whites, in a country founded by whites, that they are, by virtue of the color of their skin and their Christianity, entitled.
When non-whites interfere and the government does nothing to stop the interference, let alone support the interference--and let alone further that a bunch of minorities elected a black man to the presidency!--they feel that their very country has betrayed them. Hence, the anger and bitterness one finds from most conservatives and Republicans on this forum.
Ain't dat right, fellers?
Blacks have been in Government many years.
They WORKED to get there, just like WE HAVE TO

Famous Firsts by African Americans
The first African-American billionaire, combat pilot, Nobel Prize winner, poet laureate, Oscar winner, and Miss America

African-American Firsts: Government
Local elected official: John Mercer Langston, 1855, town clerk of Brownhelm Township, Ohio.
State elected official: Alexander Lucius Twilight, 1836, the Vermont legislature.
o serve as a mayor of a major U.S. city was Sharon Pratt Dixon Kelly, Washington, DC, 1991–1995.
P.B.S. Pinchback served as governor of Louisiana from Dec. 9, 1872–Jan. 13, 1873, during impeachment proceedings against the elected governor.
U.S. cabinet member: Robert C. Weaver, 1966–1968, Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development under Lyndon Johnson; the first black female cabinet minister was Patricia Harris, 1977, Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development under Jimmy Carter.
U.S. Secretary of State: Gen. Colin Powell, 2001–2004. The first black female Secretary of State was Condoleezza Rice, 2005–2009.
The U.S. Supreme Court Justice: Thurgood Marshall, 1967–1991. Clarence Thomas became the second African American to serve on the Court in 1991.
African-American Firsts: Diplomacy
U.S. diplomat: Ebenezer D. Bassett, 1869, became minister-resident to Haiti; Patricia Harris became the first black female ambassador (1965; Luxembourg).
U.S. Representative to the UN: Andrew Young (1977–1979).
Nobel Peace Prize winner: Ralph J. Bunche received the prize in 1950 for mediating the Arab-Israeli truce. Martin Luther King, Jr., became
African-American Firsts: Military
Combat pilot: Georgia-born Eugene Jacques Bullard, 1917, denied
First patent holder: Thomas L. Jennings, 1821, for a dry-cleaning process. Sarah E. Goode, 1885, became the first African-American woman to receive a patent, for a bed that folded up into a cabinet.
M.D. degree: James McCune Smith, 1837, University of Glasgow; Rebecca Lee Crumpler became the first black woman to receive an M.D. degree. She graduated from the New England Female Medical College in 1864.
Inventor of the blood bank: Dr. Charles Drew, 1940.
Heart surgery pioneer: Daniel Hale Williams, 1893.
First astronaut: Robert H. Lawrence, Jr., 1967, was the first black astronaut, but he died in a plane crash during a training flight and never made it into space...
College graduate (B.A.): Alexander Lucius Twilight, 1823, Middlebury College; first black woman to receive a B.A. degree: Mary Jane Patterson, 1862, Oberlin College.

Read more: Famous Firsts by African Americans (Inventors, Government, Law, Literature, Film)— Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmfirsts.html...

Don't blame US cause you are lazy and GIVE UP!
To go on the DOLE!
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#102083 Feb 11, 2013
Need surgery? Good luck getting hospital cost info

Want to know how much a hip replacement will cost? Many hospitals won't be able to tell you, at least not right away — if at all. And if you shop around and find centers that can quote a price, the amounts could vary astronomically, a study found.

Routine hip replacement surgery on a healthy patient without insurance may cost as little as $11,000 — or up to nearly $126,000.

That's what researchers found after calling hospitals in every state, 122 in all, asking what a healthy 62-year-old woman would have to pay to get an artificial hip. Hospitals were told the made-up patient was the caller's grandmother, had no insurance but could afford to pay out of pocket — that's why knowing the cost information ahead of time was so important.

About 15 percent of hospitals did not provide any price estimate, even after a researcher called back as many as five times.

The researchers were able to obtain a complete price estimate including physician fees from close to half the hospitals. But in most cases, that took contacting the hospital and doctor separately.

"Our calls to hospitals were often greeted by uncertainty and confusion," the researchers wrote. "We were frequently transferred between departments, asked to leave messages that were rarely returned, and told that prices could not be estimated without an office visit."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/need-su...

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#102085 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican may claim to be the "Conservative party" but the Conservatives make no such claim to being associated with the Republican party. Here, see if you can find a reference to Republicans anywhere. I didn't notice one;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism
You didn't look too hard. On your link see: 4 Modern Conservatism in different countries: sub section 4.4 United States...

"Since the 1950s conservatism in the United States has been chiefly associated with the Republican Party."

"Most U.S. conservatives prefer Republicans over Democrats"

"Most recently, the Tea Party movement, founded in 2009, has proven a large outlet for populist American conservative ideas"..."Electorall y, it was considered a key force in Republicans reclaiming control of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010."

Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102086 Feb 11, 2013
Has anyone seen my husband? He went out to feed the chickens this morning and never came back in. I looked everywhere and he's not here.
Two sheep and the scarecrow are missing too!
Golly I hope they're all OK.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#102087 Feb 11, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the topic?? Point out to me one dem that voted against going after OBL in Afghanistan after 911.. Just one will do..
Eagle
Barbara Jean Lee
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102089 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't look too hard. On your link see: 4 Modern Conservatism in different countries: sub section 4.4 United States...
"Since the 1950s conservatism in the United States has been chiefly associated with the Republican Party."
"Most U.S. conservatives prefer Republicans over Democrats"
"Most recently, the Tea Party movement, founded in 2009, has proven a large outlet for populist American conservative ideas"..."Electorall y, it was considered a key force in Republicans reclaiming control of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010."
Have you seen my husband?

“Life is what you make of it”

Since: Jan 13

The good ol' USA

#102091 Feb 11, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YUP..
Evening to ya..
Eagle
Howdy, sir- hope things are going your way.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#102093 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
That "cross breading" thing is a Liberal idea....
Actually, interracial marriages were first legalized in Kansas. A "Conservative" state.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102094 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbara Jean Lee
IRAQ - The Democrats WAR
Google works GREAT!
HERE I'll help!

The House and Senate members who now claim they were "misled" about Iraq's alleged military threat have failed to explain why they found the administration's claims so much more convincing than the many other reports made available to them from more objective sources that presumably made a much stronger case that Iraq no longer had offensive WMD capability. Curiously, except for one excerpt from a 2002 National Security Estimate released in July 2003 - widely ridiculed at the time for its transparently manipulated content - not a single member of Congress has agreed to allow me or any other strategic analyst any access to any documents they claim convinced them of the alleged Iraqi threat.

Democrats' Responsibility

The Democrats who voted to support the war and rationalized for it by making false claims about Iraq's WMD programs are responsible for allowing the Bush administration to get away with lying about Iraq's alleged threat. For example, Bush correctly noted how "more than a hundred Democrats in the House and the Senate - who had access to the same intelligence - voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power." In a speech attacking anti-war activists, Bush noted, "Many of these critics supported my opponent [Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry] during the last election, who explained his position to support the resolution in the Congress this way:'When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat and a grave threat, to our security.'"

http://archive.truthout.org/iraq-the-democrat...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102095 Feb 11, 2013
It's a shame they didn't CALL & confer with you ... ;0)
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102096 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
So are gay farmers but I love my Stud Muffin! Wherever he is.
:(
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#102097 Feb 11, 2013
Gas prices hit a historic high: What's driving them up?

Gas prices hit a national average of $3.59 Monday – the highest ever for a Feb. 11. Several factors will continue to drive up costs, but not to last year's highs, analysts say.

By Husna Haq, Correspondent / February 11, 2013

A combination of high crude prices, refinery shutdowns, and early speculation has sent gas prices soaring to seasonal highs earlier than usual this year, with no signs of prices at the pump falling until spring, according to recent estimates.

Gas prices have climbed every day for the past 25 days, reaching a national average of $3.59 per gallon Monday, the most expensive national average ever for Feb. 11, according to AAA.

During just the past two weeks, average prices have climbed almost 25 cents, the biggest jump in gas prices in almost a year.

Read more: http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2013/0211/G...

“Life is what you make of it”

Since: Jan 13

The good ol' USA

#102099 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. you must make an interesting sandwich.
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102101 Feb 11, 2013
And while I'm at it, any of you studs out there need me to put a spit shine on your polyp scraper?

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#102102 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party lead by Abe Lincoln were instrumental in freeing the slaves so that they could begin progressing to become part of our government too;
"Founded in the Northern states in 1854 by anti-slavery activists, modernizers, ex-Whigs and ex-Free Soilers, the Republican Party quickly became the principal opposition to the dominant Southern Democratic Party and the briefly popular Know Nothing Party. The main cause was opposition to the Kansas–Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise by which slavery was kept out of Kansas. The Northern Republicans saw the expansion of slavery as a great evil. The first public meeting where the name "Republican" was suggested for a new anti-slavery party was held on March 20, 1854 in a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin.[5"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party... (United_States)
The "Conservatives" didn't like slavery. Slave owners were obligated to ensure their slaves had food, clothing and shelter. That costs too much. It's much more profitable to free slaves and hire them where the employer had no obligation to feed, clothe and house an employee. This way the freed slaves would join the workforce in the company towns building the farming machinery that replaced the slaves. Of course the work was still hard and the pay didn't cover the costs of living but the freed slaves couldn't quit cause they owed their souls tot he company stores owned by the very people who freed them from slavery.

Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102104 Feb 11, 2013
Paul McIntosh wrote:
And while I'm at it, any of you studs out there need me to put a spit shine on your polyp scraper?
Poser! Help me find Jack. My heart is breaking.
:(
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#102105 Feb 11, 2013
Many African-Americans concerned about Obama’s focus on immigrant rights

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2013

By William Douglas and Franco Ordonez | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — No sooner did President Barack Obama and a group of senators separately outline proposals to revamp the nation’s immigration system than the phone lines on several African-American-oriented talk radio shows heated up with callers blasting the plans.

“Amnesty,” complained Frankie from Maryland recently on the nationally syndicated “Keeping it Real with Al Sharpton.”

A political payback to Hispanic voters that does little or nothing for African-Americans, reasoned Sam from Milwaukee on Wisconsin’s 1290 WMCS AM’s “Earl Ingram Show.”

“Our issues are not being highlighted and pushed, and things like gay marriage and (immigration) are being pushed to the forefront,” the caller said.“Hispanics are effectively organized. For us not to be organized and for us not to hold our leadership accountable is disheartening.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/02/11/182697/...
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102106 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Conservatives" didn't like slavery. Slave owners were obligated to ensure their slaves had food, clothing and shelter. That costs too much. It's much more profitable to free slaves and hire them where the employer had no obligation to feed, clothe and house an employee. This way the freed slaves would join the workforce in the company towns building the farming machinery that replaced the slaves. Of course the work was still hard and the pay didn't cover the costs of living but the freed slaves couldn't quit cause they owed their souls tot he company stores owned by the very people who freed them from slavery.
My husband is a fruit loop. But I still love him.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#102109 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully that has changed. We no longer allow "indentured servants" either.
Thanks to democrats and unions. Definitely no thanks to "Conservatives" aka Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 11 min Responsibility 18
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... 1 hr USA Today 28
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 3 hr Meow Meow Meow 73
News Senate hopeful Harrington aims to expand opport... 14 hr cops are degener... 4
News Louisiana paper to Obama: Cut vacation short Tue Le Jimbo 78
News Does all voting happen on Election Day? Think a... Aug 22 Stephany McDowell 12
News Does all voting happen on Election Day? Think a... Aug 22 Larry Craig s WC ... 2
More from around the web