The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 381707 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#102040 Feb 11, 2013
CARBON DIOXIDE AND CARBON MONOXIDE

Carbon dioxide CO2 and carbon monoxide CO are sometimes confused. They are quite different in their effects on humans.

Carbon dioxide CO2 is present in the atmosphere today at 385 parts per million (by volume) or 0.039 percent. 50 years ago it was 280 parts per million. The increase is caused by people burning things, especially fuels - coal, oil, and natural gas, especially coal. Burning wood also puts CO2 in the atmosphere.

Almost all life is dependent on plants getting CO2 from the atmosphere. That's where the carbon in wood and leaves comes from.

http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/progress/c...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102042 Feb 11, 2013
Salutatorian wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting on the 2nd tuesday of November is not an amendment to the US Constitution, it's a federal law that can be changed in congress.
GOT "you" to LQQK it UP, didn't IT ... ;0)
Just to prove me "wrong" ...
Ha.

tee hee hee ...

You learned something NEW today, didn't you?
Salutatorian

Los Angeles, CA

#102043 Feb 11, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How come when it comes to morality conservatives and Republicans are oh-so-eager to force their version of it down everyone's throat using that tool which they claim they hate so much: big gubbermit?
And Christian morality too boot, based on some invisible super powerful guy who lives in the sky. Gimme a break. What next? This invisible super powerful guy's son's wife makes her appearance on toast? Or as a mildew stain?
Not even Thomas Jefferson a founding father, believed in their crackpot religion, thus the Jefferson Bible.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#102045 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up Jose.
"Conservatives" by definition don't force anything on anybody. They are the people who stand on the status quo and don't want to change anything. Progressive Liberals by definition want to force change on people.
Comprehende?
Republicans were founded on the premise of forcing change upon others. Read up on the history of the Republican party and look at the results of all their initiatives. All their initiatives were total failures resulting in horrible consequences for everyone except the very rich. The republican party is the party of big business and the elite within the party has always used popular hot button issues to rile the simple minded, gain their favor and get them to put the republican elite into power only to turn their backs on the very people who supported them into power.

Nothing has changed since their creation. Republican party needs to be sent the way of the wigs.
Anti LAPD

Los Angeles, CA

#102046 Feb 11, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
<quoted text>
What if your mother was one of his innocent victims?
OMG.... the "what if" paradox!!! What if my mother was not one of the innocent victims?

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!
Anti LAPD

Thailand

#102049 Feb 11, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
<quoted text>
What if your mother was one of his innocent victims?
Why should I care, my mom is a crack wh*re.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102051 Feb 11, 2013
Salutatorian wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even Thomas Jefferson a founding father, believed in their crackpot religion, thus the Jefferson Bible.
CHURCH ATTENDANCE
Records of Thomas Jefferson's church-going habits are far from complete. However, evidence does exist of his involvement with and attendance at local churches throughout his life. His accounts record donations to a number of different churches in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and in Charlottesville.[4] As a young man, Jefferson served as a vestryman in Fredericksville Parish (Albemarle County).[5] Margaret Bayard Smith, in her memoir The First Forty Years of Washington Society, recalled:

"During the first winter, Mr. Jefferson regularly attended service on the sabbath-day in the humble church. The congregation seldom exceeded 50 or 60, but generally consisted of about a score of hearers. He could have had no motive for this regular attendance, but that of respect for public worship, choice of place or preacher he had not, as this, with the exception of a little Catholic chapel was the only church in the new city. The custom of preaching in the Hall of Representatives had not then been attempted, though after it was established Mr. Jefferson during his whole administration, was a most regular attendant. The seat he chose the first sabbath, and the adjoining one, which his private secretary occupied, were ever afterwards by the courtesy of the congregation, left for him and his secretary."[6]

http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-c...

Monticello - the name of his Historic home.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#102054 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up Jose.
"Conservatives" by definition don't force anything on anybody. They are the people who stand on the status quo and don't want to change anything. Progressive Liberals by definition want to force change on people.
Comprehende?
It's true, conservatives don't want to change anything. The problem is, at what point in history to they want to go back to or remain? Back when the nation was young and folks got 40 acres, a mule and a musket…and blacks were known as "Negros" and kept as slaves? Or later when blacks were free but had separate facilities and "knew their place"? Or at least a point in time when there wasn't so many dang minorities.

In all cases, conservatives want to conserver an era when the population was virtually all white and whites felt like this was their country. Conservatives feel a deep sense of betrayal. They believe that as whites, in a country founded by whites, that they are, by virtue of the color of their skin and their Christianity, entitled.

When non-whites interfere and the government does nothing to stop the interference, let alone support the interference--and let alone further that a bunch of minorities elected a black man to the presidency!--they feel that their very country has betrayed them. Hence, the anger and bitterness one finds from most conservatives and Republicans on this forum.

Ain't dat right, fellers?
Salutatorian

Los Angeles, CA

#102056 Feb 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
GOT "you" to LQQK it UP, didn't IT ... ;0)
Just to prove me "wrong" ...
Ha.
tee hee hee ...
You learned something NEW today, didn't you?
That's one slick move you pulled there.
Jesus is Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#102057 Feb 11, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true, conservatives don't want to change anything. The problem is, at what point in history to they want to go back to or remain? Back when the nation was young and folks got 40 acres, a mule and a musket…and blacks were known as "Negros" and kept as slaves? Or later when blacks were free but had separate facilities and "knew their place"? Or at least a point in time when there wasn't so many dang minorities.
In all cases, conservatives want to conserver an era when the population was virtually all white and whites felt like this was their country. Conservatives feel a deep sense of betrayal. They believe that as whites, in a country founded by whites, that they are, by virtue of the color of their skin and their Christianity, entitled.
When non-whites interfere and the government does nothing to stop the interference, let alone support the interference--and let alone further that a bunch of minorities elected a black man to the presidency!--they feel that their very country has betrayed them. Hence, the anger and bitterness one finds from most conservatives and Republicans on this forum.
Ain't dat right, fellers?
And in the name of Barrack Obama... we pray to Obama... Amen!!
Salutatorian

Los Angeles, CA

#102059 Feb 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
CARBON DIOXIDE AND CARBON MONOXIDE
Carbon dioxide CO2 and carbon monoxide CO are sometimes confused. They are quite different in their effects on humans.
Carbon dioxide CO2 is present in the atmosphere today at 385 parts per million (by volume) or 0.039 percent. 50 years ago it was 280 parts per million. The increase is caused by people burning things, especially fuels - coal, oil, and natural gas, especially coal. Burning wood also puts CO2 in the atmosphere.
Almost all life is dependent on plants getting CO2 from the atmosphere. That's where the carbon in wood and leaves comes from.
http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/progress/c...
A new study shows that conservatives on Topix are the largest contributors to green house gases. Methane, CO2 and a newly discovered gas called "ignorance" is now showing to be at least 99% of the air that's around any conservative.

www.scienceblogs.com
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#102060 Feb 11, 2013
Biden: We’re counting on ‘legitimate media’ for successful gun control effort
February 11, 2013 | 1:46 pm

During a press conference on gun safety in Philadelphia, Vice President Joe Biden said that any reports that suggest that he was trying to take weapons away from gun owners was a “bunch of malarkey.”

"I know that's a word that you've never heard before, although it's now in the dictionary," Biden boasted.

Biden said that it was important for the media to dissuade the American public from the idea that the Obama administration was prepared to do something unconstitutional on guns.

Read more: http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-were-coun...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#102061 Feb 11, 2013
Anti LAPD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt that! LMAO!!!
Ralff

Los Angeles, CA

#102062 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted you were wrong and I was right.
I am no longer interested in discussing conservatives. Thank you.
Hey there other personality, how you doing?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#102063 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey E, sup dude?
Not much just working on bikes.. I will be down south tomorrow ugggg.. I got to where I hate Orlando even though its my hometown..

Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown - Lyrics

Eagle
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#102064 Feb 11, 2013
Anti LAPD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that explains a lot.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#102065 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up Jose.
Comprehende?
<quoted text>
Not related to my post.
It was totally related to your post. You claimed that conservatives don't force anything on anybody. The republican party is the self proclaimed "Conservative" party. Moderate members of the Republican party have been "forced" to toe the "Conservative" line and march in step lest they be shunned.

Conservatives forced themselves into the Tea Party Movement and forced moderates out. Conservatives calling themselves moderates are now forcing themselves into the "Independent" party.

Just in the past decade "Conservatives" forced tax cuts for the wealthy upon us all. They forced us into two wars of choice. They forced us into a banking crisis and forced us into a deep recession. Conservatives have forced us into huge deficits huge debts and a long drawn out recovery.

Nearly everything the "conservatives" sponsor is forced upon us through deception and lies. Conservatives have always been cons.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#102067 Feb 11, 2013
G.O.P. Chief in Florida Pleads Guilty
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/us/politics...

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#102068 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It was totally related to your post. You claimed that conservatives don't force anything on anybody. The republican party is the self proclaimed "Conservative" party. Moderate members of the Republican party have been "forced" to toe the "Conservative" line and march in step lest they be shunned.
Conservatives forced themselves into the Tea Party Movement and forced moderates out. Conservatives calling themselves moderates are now forcing themselves into the "Independent" party.
Just in the past decade "Conservatives" forced tax cuts for the wealthy upon us all. They forced us into two wars of choice. They forced us into a banking crisis and forced us into a deep recession. Conservatives have forced us into huge deficits huge debts and a long drawn out recovery.
Nearly everything the "conservatives" sponsor is forced upon us through deception and lies. Conservatives have always been cons.
LOL.. Now thats what I call clueless..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102069 Feb 11, 2013

Honorable Senator Diane Feinstein's statement:

"When the gunman realizes nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in. Thats just human nature......"

.....from one of our leaders of America.

Then we ask ourselves what happen to America. Hint is in the above statement's.....author.

``````````

Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

Throughout the day, Senators Feinstein and Boxer made desperate pleas for their California constituents to turn in their guns and not confront the crazed gunman because this would be a perfect test of their anti-gun proposals.

“The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern.“When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

http://www.palookavillepost.com/2013/02/07/fe...

WHERE do THESE "nitwits" come FROM ...???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duquesne team stuck in snow on PA Turnpike Tue amry 4
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Tue Mexican Lottery W... 52
News 14 weird facts that you probably didn't know ab... Tue Live Love and Laugh 5
News Global Travel Service still sees consistent bus... May 2 Propaganda 3
News Love, Sex and All the Rest: Summer Sex + Date S... May 2 Hasaun A Lee 1
News Malia Obama to take gap year before entering Ha... May 2 Three Days 2
News Wyoming Celebrates Tourism Week (May '13) May 1 Y Yeshet Gobena 3
More from around the web