The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
79,741 - 79,760 of 245,867 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
gzeena wrote:
Do smart people need to get high legally?
No.
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
But should they have that right if they so choose?
That's the real queston here isn't it?<quoted text> Agree,Same issue, same argument....
Same simple mind.

;)
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
“There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless.”
&#8213; Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
I fund it extremely FUNNY that the one poster on here that consistently cites the most 'sources' would post this!lol
hurry, hurry, hurry...
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think a path to citizenship should happen. Maybe a path to a green card or the right to work here or something less than citizenship but you simply cannot be awarded citizenship for breaking the law.
ahem, a question to ALL who post about immigration/citizenship:
don't we ALREADY have immigration/citizenship LAWS?
what we have is BROKEN government enforcement of such Laws...
no, what we have is a Fed Govt that sooo refuses to enforce Its own Laws that it even threatens those States' and Local govts that try to take up the slack...
and, there are many, like some posters here, that aid and abet this anti-American behaviour!
AND BRAG ABOUT BEING PROUD AMERICAN PATRIOTS.
hurry, hurry, HURRY...

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I fund it extremely FUNNY that the one poster on here that consistently cites the most 'sources' would post this!lol
hurry, hurry, hurry...
You're so easily amused, even as you're so terribly wrong. I cannot take credit. You'll have to count the fringer website links provided by Addledlaide and Cricket in order to get to a more accurate and honest evaluation of the term "most".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost of disability benefits for veterans soars
Bureau of Labor Statistics: About 633,000 veterans have service-connected disability
Author: Aaron Smith
Published On: Apr 27 2012
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-
http://www.kxly.com/news/money/Cost-of-disabi...
After more than a decade of continuous warfare, the cost of disability compensation for wounded veterans is surging to mammoth proportions.
Wounded Veterans are surviving with more severe injuries than in past wars.

Their needs are greater, the care they require more extensive, expensive and long term than in the past.

We will need to make an enormous investment over the next several decades to care for the young men and women that have been maimed in the service of our country not to mention the costs that will be involved in providing adequate mental health care for the "walking wounded" who may have escaped physical injury, but have been damaged psychologically.

Did you know that in 2012 the number of suicides among active duty military surpassed the number killed on the battle field?

Just one stark indicator of the harm our political policies have inflicted on our own people.

We've asked too much of our service personnel and they have given all they had to give...and then some.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
It just isn't complicated Jack, get used to it.
Trust me, I'm used to the doublespeak coming from the far right.

Don't buy it for one second, but I'm used to it.

Whether or not we should legalize marijuana and whether or not you should have the right to purchase high capacity magazines are in fact two different questions.

Both of which seem to be beyond your grasp.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you always been a lying sos ? The NRA exists to protect gun rights from the fascist scumbags in the democrat party and bolshevik leftists[like you] who would deface the intention of the 2nd amendment.
This ain't your grandads NRA pup and what you have to teach me about the "intention" of the second amendment could be written on the head of a pin.

Get the message pinhead?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're so easily amused, even as you're so terribly wrong. I cannot take credit. You'll have to count the fringer website links provided by Addledlaide and Cricket in order to get to a more accurate and honest evaluation of the term "most".
Easily amused and terribly wrong.

Yep, I think you've just about summed it up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
ahem, a question to ALL who post about immigration/citizenship:
don't we ALREADY have immigration/citizenship LAWS?
what we have is BROKEN government enforcement of such Laws...
no, what we have is a Fed Govt that sooo refuses to enforce Its own Laws that it even threatens those States' and Local govts that try to take up the slack...
and, there are many, like some posters here, that aid and abet this anti-American behaviour!
AND BRAG ABOUT BEING PROUD AMERICAN PATRIOTS.
hurry, hurry, HURRY...
I don't see anybody but your kindred spirits bragging about being "Proud American Patriots". I thought we'd already been over this matter. The true patriots are the posters who served their country in the Armed Forces. That doesn't mean that other Americans aren't patriotic, but then again, it's not for you or me to decide how we are perceived. Now, if you served, you're a patriot. I don't see the real and undeniable patriots carrying on and tooting their own horns, but I do see a couple of women posters (at least, I think they are women) who never served, and some other buffoons who never served, who carry on and on about their patriotism and how all libs are communists or Marxists or some other kind of "ist".

So, the question would be: If somebody served their country in the Armed Forces and is liberal or progressive, or a registered democrat, does that make them traitors or patriots? I'm going with patriot. You can see it otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
True dat, however when all I see are lies and dishonesty, i suspect some external influences. And you do lie a lot, just like your hero Obimbles.
My "old man", who would that be?
Short term memory disorder? Have YOU been smoking? That would be the sorry father you posted about last night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Aunt Blabby
Why are you answering for Don't Panic?
curious in colorado
Did you see "Don't Panic" in the avatar when I posted? If so, you are hallucinating.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to say it but I have never sold a gun and not regretted doing it later. I wish I had my first 4-10, a 10/22 that matched the one my father passed to me, on and on and on.
Yea, that's the feeling I get about this old gun I have. I think I'll continue saving my cans and place the Sears Model 25 back in its gun case and forget about selling it. My gramps served in WW2 so possessing his gun and his flag that was placed ion his coffin at his funeral as a family heirloom would be far better than my greed for a bigger gun with more bite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be over on the other thread slapping TM8 around?
Just got back. You're slippin'.

;)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't think he liked me pointing that out. Lol!
I didn't think so either, but frankly I was surprised he didn't see the correlation of the two.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Same simple mind.
;)
I don't understand how you can't see the parallels in those two scenarios.
Think about that before you judge other minds as "simple". Perhaps your lacking of that thinking constitutes a mind may be just as "simple".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, is Don't Panic really NTR? Seems to be, he's answering for him.. Kind of a Dr. Heckyl and Mr. Jive.
I started to respond to your incoherent comment with a well thought out reply but halfway into typing it up I remembered that your were either a selective reader or a functional illiterate so I erased the whole thing and went to the other room to smoke some pot. I do not regret not responding to your posts. It felt good to ignore you. I'll probably just keep ignoring your posts in the future so when you don't see a response from me you'll know that it's not because I didn't see it.

I'm not NTR. Although I agree with her worldview most of the time, I can assure you that we are two different people.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Better get makin some empties then.
BURP.... I'm working on a suitcase right now. No work tomorrow. I get to recognize MLK day!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wft?
I have my grandfathers since my dad passed away.
Yes, well, it's good that you can see the problem some of us have in deciphering your posts. Seems that your friends just let it slide and give you a thumb's up even when they have no idea wth you just posted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand how you can't see the parallels in those two scenarios.
Think about that before you judge other minds as "simple". Perhaps your lacking of that thinking constitutes a mind may be just as "simple".
Speaking of simple minds, this isn't a go 'round you want to have with me.

One is a question of prohibition, the other a question of regulation.

Parallels aside, they are two separate issues and two separate questions and we haven't touched on the concept of "compelling interest" yet.

Think about that before your mouth bites off more than your mind can chew next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••