The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393334 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#94068 Jan 21, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure looks like a good fishing spot though.
Ever wonder why the government doesn't go fishing for illegal aliens at immigration rallies or protests..... lawful rallies and protest are protected free speech spots.

Imagine if the government entered a gun rally and began questioning everyone about the legality of peoples guns and detaining those who didn't bring their papers for their guns? There would be an outcry that would put the government on the defensive for violating peoples constitutional rights.

OK... so some argue that illegal aliens don't have constitutional rights but they're so far from truth and reality on this one. They in fact do have "some" constitutional rights, especially the right to grieve and redress the government relating to immigration policies.

You see, that's the problem with letting them stay for so damn long... the longer they stay, the more rights they obtain.

The USA should have never looked the other way back in 1986. The laws should have been enforced vigilantly... now that we have a 10+ million illegal alien problem and everyone wants them removed ASAP. You simply don't remove millions of people from the USA like a herd of cattle.

Heck... even during Operation VVetback... only a million a year were removed and the government was much more radical in their removal policy. Today only some 400,000 are removed a year.

So you see... this is a problem that is much more complicated than simply rounding up "illegal looking people" and sending them off to Mexico.

United States

#94069 Jan 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cutting through all you BS, the bottom line is its none of your business what sex they are!
That why I ask if you're legal or illegal, just to see how long you would Tap Dance. lol
Your feet getting tired?
It's so funny to see an online wanna-be ICE agent like you storm trooping Topix and demanding if people are legal or not to appease your little ICE agent role play game. Do us all a favor and put your ICE agent role play back in the toy box.

BTW... are you a woman because you sound like you're ovulating.

ROLF!!!

United States

#94070 Jan 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a link to your"Story" about your friend??
I'll have to find that public record in the Los Angeles County civil court archives.

You can put your LA County Court Clerk role play cloths on and tell us what you find.

ROLF!!!
Badge Heavy Cricket

Canyon Country, CA

#94071 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so funny to see an online wanna-be ICE agent like you storm trooping Topix and demanding if people are legal or not to appease your little ICE agent role play game. Do us all a favor and put your ICE agent role play back in the toy box.
BTW... are you a woman because you sound like you're ovulating.
ROLF!!!
When You Wish Upon A [tin]'STAR'
http://youtu.be/c6RoRRdyTxw
Jiminy Cricket

United States

#94072 Jan 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many of the illegal aliens you know have you turned in to I.C.E., or are you just another Hispanic American that's part of the problem??
By the way, who taught you how to Tap Dance??
When I was about 18 back when California's prop 187 was in the spotlight.. I worked at a pie factory in Whittier, Ca. My friends and I were the only people who didn't speak Spanish and we felt different than those who did speak Spanish. This caused friction and at the time I had that arrogant bigoted mentality that you currently have and I voted yes on Prop 187. Fck the illegals... right?

Anyways... I went to work that day telling everyone that I voted yes on prop 187 and that they're all getting sent back to their shithole countries that they came from. Yea, I was not very popular that day and I stood clear of people who had that crazy look in their eyes.

Well... I got fired the next day for being hostile in the workplace so I planned my revenge.... back then you didn't call ICE... you called the INS!!!

So I did what any bigoted and arrogance azzhole would do. I player hated on a bunch of people based upon my prejudices and hate for a group of people I knew nothing about.

Well.... to make a long story short, I heard that a few of the people I got into arguments with also got fired and the illegal immigration debate at that pie factory was settled and everyone lived happily ever after.

So what did I learn from all of this?

I learned that you should not assume that people are illegal aliens solely based upon the language they speak or the color of their skin.

I would have imagined that a person such as you who has lived almost a full life would have learned that lesson long long ago... but you didn't as you stand here disseminating your arrogance and hatred for a group of people solely based on the notion that "you think they're illegal".

Boy... my hats off to you for being the proudest bigot on Topix!!!

United States

#94075 Jan 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same as:
It's Bush's fault,It's Bush's fault?
By the way do you have a link to YWAS or is it just your opinion?
AGAIN!!
LOL!!!
Stop your tap dancing.

If the NRA advocates for the sales of gun in the USA then how on Gods green earth can you say that all these gun running program did not silently have the support of the NRA?

Who was buying those guns that were handed off to Mexican drug cartel members?

Where did that money come from?

Did you think that the government has a gun tree in the back of the White House where they can grow AR-15's & AK-47's and simply hand them to cartel members????

OR

Did the government spend tax dollars and spend all those millions on select gun dealers that were likely recommended by some card carrying NRA member within the gun running operation?

You see Cricket 23.... the NRA has their hands all over this one but they're no dummies... they found their scapegoat... that dumb azz Eric Holder. So far the NRA's political action committee (PAC) has given $295,850 to House members, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Just 18 percent of that, or $54,450, has gone to Democratic members.
http://publicampaign.org/blog/2012/06/28/eric...

This is money funneled into the hands of politicians so that support for a contempt charge can pass. Why is the NRA paying off politicians for this vote? hmmmm!!!

But you want to tell me that the NRA is not knee deep in the gun running programs. Isn't it obvious that the NRA is cleaning their trail of blood money profits from the gun running operations?

After all... who in the crap profited from the sales of those guns?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#94076 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was about 18 back when California's prop 187 was in the spotlight.. I worked at a pie factory in Whittier, Ca. My friends and I were the only people who didn't speak Spanish and we felt different than those who did speak Spanish. This caused friction and at the time I had that arrogant bigoted mentality that you currently have and I voted yes on Prop 187. Fck the illegals... right?
Anyways... I went to work that day telling everyone that I voted yes on prop 187 and that they're all getting sent back to their shithole countries that they came from. Yea, I was not very popular that day and I stood clear of people who had that crazy look in their eyes.
Well... I got fired the next day for being hostile in the workplace so I planned my revenge.... back then you didn't call ICE... you called the INS!!!
So I did what any bigoted and arrogance azzhole would do. I player hated on a bunch of people based upon my prejudices and hate for a group of people I knew nothing about.
Well.... to make a long story short, I heard that a few of the people I got into arguments with also got fired and the illegal immigration debate at that pie factory was settled and everyone lived happily ever after.
So what did I learn from all of this?
I learned that you should not assume that people are illegal aliens solely based upon the language they speak or the color of their skin.
I would have imagined that a person such as you who has lived almost a full life would have learned that lesson long long ago... but you didn't as you stand here disseminating your arrogance and hatred for a group of people solely based on the notion that "you think they're illegal".
Boy... my hats off to you for being the proudest bigot on Topix!!!
Totally off topic, but did the smell of pies sicken you? One summer, when I was a teen, I worked in a cookie factory, and the smell literally made me sick. One would imagine it was neat to smell things baking, but in my case, it wasn't. It took a long time for me to even eat a cookie after that experience. What you did was also the act of an impetuous youth. Apparently you learned a lesson from that experience, one that hopefully makes you think before you do or say anything rash. Maybe you should have chosen to be in education...there's no money in it, but the rewards are boundless.

“Making them cry”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#94077 Jan 21, 2013
Hello everyone!((HUGS))
I support gun rights. This is one reason why.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/23/12-year-o...

United States

#94078 Jan 21, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll believe that I am wrong in my beliefs when:
1) DC actually starts cutting REAL spending
2) the House either UNfunds our illegal wars or actually Declares War
3) the sitting Pres demands the House to do either of the above
4) the Pres, as the LEADER of OUR Nation, demands Congress take any and all measures to protect domestic manhufacturing jobs and bring manufacturing back to OUR shores by enacting tariffs FAIR to Americans and THEIR jobs
5) the Fed Reserve is either severally curtailed or abolished
6) the Fed Govt gets OUT of OUR Local Public Schools
7) a sitting Pres states that BOTH abortion and marriage is NONE of the Fed Govt's business, as per the Constitution
8) the Congress defunds ANY failed Fed program effective immediately
9) some one is FIRED or resigns for Benghazi
10) the Military is scaled back to purely Defensive proportions
11) and OUR Forgeign Policy quits using OUR Military and children as its tools
12) OUR Fed judges and Justices are nominated and appointed on their experience/knowledge of OUR laws and Constitution, period,
13) and, lastly, said Courts start enforcing existing Laws against ALL offenders instead of this mindless demand for more or reformed laws.
do YOU see any of those happening any time soon?
me neither...
hurry, hurry, hurry...
Much of what you say here I actually support!

United States

#94082 Jan 21, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Totally off topic, but did the smell of pies sicken you? One summer, when I was a teen, I worked in a cookie factory, and the smell literally made me sick. One would imagine it was neat to smell things baking, but in my case, it wasn't. It took a long time for me to even eat a cookie after that experience. What you did was also the act of an impetuous youth. Apparently you learned a lesson from that experience, one that hopefully makes you think before you do or say anything rash. Maybe you should have chosen to be in education...there's no money in it, but the rewards are boundless.
I was right out of high school and it was a temp job. After that job, I l ended up going to college and got some cool certifications that have carried me a long way in the world.. I was hired for the holidays at that place so all I ever made was pumpkin pies. and pecan pies. They made other pies but my area was the pumpkin and pecan pies. We used to enter the huge freezers and eat all the strawberries and other produce that you make pies out of. That was one job that we always hid in the freezer for lunch. Of course we had these eskimo suits to keep warm.

I did get sick of the freezer smell. It had this weird smell but you could only smell it for the first few minutes that you entered. After that your nose froze and you could not smell anything.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#94085 Jan 21, 2013
expo 97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can your read? I reminded everyone that Osama was reduced to using RUNNERS for communication. Very secure, but very, very SLOW. Just like YOU!
Look, child, if you can't read or think, please don't post.
By the way, Pakistan is a heavily militarized society fighting their own internal war. So fighting and/or explosions are not considered the least bit unusual. Osama had also taken great care to insure that nobody around his compound has the slightest notion who was there. So it's not as if everyone immediately said: "Oh, look, the American are attacking Osama's headquaters!".
This is very basic stuff. If everyone around Osama knew what was in that compound, don't you think we'd have found out about it a lot sooner? It was a SECRET compound, you f*cking moron! It didn't have a huge neon arrow with "Osama's Home" pointing at his front door. Can you even add 2 + 2 and come up with 4?
As you said, we "slipped away with the corpse of the world's most wanted fugitive". The key word being "slipped", not "famous". That's slipped, as in secretive. Nobody around there knew he was there. Get it, moron?
We lost valuable time because Odumbo needed to brag like the immature, clueless amateur that he is. Even the Pakistanis hadn't told the world what was going on before Obama shot off his stupid mouth. There was a small window of opportunity, but Obozo closed it for personal political gain.
First off, Pakistanis cheered on 9-11. Their leaders talked out of both sides of their mouths for the entire time Bush/Cheney was paying them billions for the use of their airspace. They refused to allow us to attack our enemies who crossed over into their border towns and when we did it anyway, they ran to the united nations and accused us of war crimes. Islamic Jihadists are still using Pakistan as a base of operations to train and deploy terrorists and their government officials are complicit even providing resources and intelligence to Americas enemies. Their nuclear scientists have sold nuclear technology like a door to door salesman yet the Pakistanis refuse to allow the world to punish them. Sure, they hold them under "house arrest" but that house is a mansion and the criminal is free to roam about as his countrymen hold him in a heroes status. We should detonate their nuclear arsenal then send half of ours to make sure that place is uninhabitable for at least a thousand years. But that is just my opinion.

As for Obama getting our story out there before the Pakistanis had a chance to complain, that was ingenious! We were able to tell the world that YES! We did violate their sovereignty in violation of international law. But we had a good reason for doing it and that was because the Pakistanis could not be trusted not to continue to protect and hide a terrorist responsible for murderous attacks across the globe.

Getting in front of the story is smarter than allowing it to get in front of us forcing us to go on the defense. Obama's strategies have proven far more effective than the previous administrations keystone cop style bungling of everything they ever did.

You talk about Libya. We didn't have to put American boots on the ground to overthrow that murderous tyrant. Obama used his executive privileges to rid the world of a tyrant while the Republican party bitched and moaned. The Arab spring and the uprising of the common peoples of the middle east would have never been possible with a Republican administration whose support of the tyrants throughout that region was unwavering. It was only after Obama made his speeches to a live audience uncensored by the corrupt governments of the middle east that the people of that region could start to feel hope that their uprisings would not be thwarted by US intervention. Freedom cannot be gifted. It can only be seized. Your side cant comprehend that truth.

“Making them cry”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#94087 Jan 21, 2013
expo 97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stories like this happen almost daily. The press mostly ignores it because they have a political agenda to ban guns (which is Obama's goal too). That's been true for more than 20 years.
I know! I didn't know about that story until someone told me about it. You are right they do have an agenda. The press doesn't make a big deal a out stories like this one.

United States

#94088 Jan 21, 2013
expo 97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you learned a lesson. But didn't you take any American history in school? People of Spanish origin have been the the USA since the days of the Pilgrims. They're as American as baseball and apple pie. Why would you assume that someone speaking Spanish or have a somewhat olive complexion is illegal?
We cannot absord all of Latin America into our country, especially not tens of millions of uneducated peasants. That'd overburdern our already sick economy, especially our bloated welfare system. Even most Latinos know this (a goodly number of border agenst are Latino themselves).
We always need to be on guard against prejudiced assumptions. But how anyone could have not know about our Spanish heritage is beyond me. Good Lord, just look at all the Spanish named cities and towns across the southwest... or entire states, like New Mexico and Arizona!
Glad you had an awakening.
This debate should be more accurately described as a largely one-sided affair, an extended xenophobic rant.

That's what this illegal immigration debate is really about. It's a simple power play becuase if you think about it, this Nation was founded on illegal immigration and the exploitation of Native American land yet you have a problem with todays immigrants employing the same squatting policies that your ancestors once employed to create the entire USA.

Look... I understand that we need to control illegal immigration and it's gotten so out of hand that not even the greatest nation in the world can reach common ground on what to do.

So in the mean time, sit back and watch the Hispanic population grow exponentially becuase doing nothing about Immigration Reform will give you that outcome.

So we cannot take in all of Latin America??

Well you better figure out something quick because in another 40 years... you're great grandkids will have to know Spanish and I'm sure that sends shivers down your spine.

United States

#94090 Jan 21, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
We go after the ones that won't assimilate, first...
Pissing on the mexican flag? Where's your pride?
Hey X - Man. I smell your vomit.
My wife's father is a Naturalized Citizen and her mother is a permanent resident. From the outside, you'd think they're backs are still soaking wet from crossing the Rio Grande River because they don't like to speak English and have this unhealthy love for that shithole Mexico......

But they're lawfully here.

So the moral of this story is that one needs not to assimilate into your "version" of what you think Americanism should be. Quite frankly... even I find your version of Americanism quite un-American.

You see, that's the problem with people like you. You self appoint yourself as the protectors of Americanism and try to monopolize the definition of American identity; you want to be the ones who decide who is a real American' and who is not - "I'm an authentic American, you're not. So get out, stop ruining my country" and so on.

Well you can pretend all you want that you're important in this debate but in the meantime, you better learn Spanish becuase in 40 years those pesky & stinky Mexicans will eventually force you to.

ROLF!!

United States

#94091 Jan 21, 2013
-Figgy - wrote:
Hello everyone!((HUGS))
First of all what kind of parents leave a 12 yr old girl alone with access to a firearm? Where the hell is child protective services on this one?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94092 Jan 21, 2013
-Figgy - wrote:
Hello everyone!((HUGS))
I support the second amendment too, but I also support reasonable restrictions on the types of high delivery weapons that are so frequently used in mass shootings.

Homeowners do not need assault style weapons to defend themselves and unless you plan to take out a whole classroom with one foul swoop there is no justification for these high capacity magazines either.

I own guns and I'm not giving them up to anybody, but it's not an either or situation here.

We can protect our right to own guns and still support responsible gun control regulations at the same time.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#94093 Jan 21, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>HOWDY, "how ya doin"? Am I the "her"? YOU recognize! Good!
"...razz her I wouldn't be that subtle about it!" Interesting comment there!...blah blah and calling someone a racist"! What?... "messed up on the sex", THAT is NOT all you have done! Nothing is subtle about you not telling the truth and then making excuses! READ your posts.......! REALLY! REALLY? Mistakes are mistakes BUT when you deny them, that is when, YOU lie!
Lying IS lying when YOU make that mistake and say YOU did not!....TRYING to prove it as the truth while lying is where you make your mistake AND the truth there in -is in bold print! Memory, age and ill health- say what? Then maybe YOU should THINK before YOU accuse OR stay quiet then! FALSE assumptions as YOUR memory is lacking or bad health...is NOT an excuse or a reason to lie! Anything else you want to twist with your bad memory while saying you are a christian as that IS definitely...
not acting like one should while making the claim! Can YOU remember to stop making excuses for YOUR bad behavior! THANKS
Well sweetie I know what I do and what I don't do. I didn't lie about anything. Sorry you and others here only have the word lying to try to back up your statements up with. Just like you claim liberals have the word racist. How about getting with the subject and stop with the critic of people you know nothing about. Or we can just keep on keeping on with a nonconstructive dialog.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#94094 Jan 21, 2013
expo 97 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you going on & on about? My point was fairly narrow and easy to understand. We had a window of time to digest the intell captured during the raid on Osama's compound. The ONLY thing Obama had to do was keep silent for a few days, maybe a couple of weeks tops. That's what his military advisers told him to do because it's BASIC sh*t taught in Opsec 101. It requires NO special training or education to understand. It can (and is) taught to nearly everyone in the military.
Nobody is told "if you find some good stuff about the enemy, the first thing you do is run to the nearest news camera and tell the whole f*cking world about it". NOBODY!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE, EASY-TO-GRASP POINT, CHILD?
But Little Child Obama couldn't actually listen to his experts because he's immature, selfish, inexperienced and 100% political. End of story. As to the rest of your essay, it has almost nothing to do with this discussion directly. It certainly does not excuse Obama's lame, amateur performance. And now Al Qaeda has re-emerged, thanks to Obama. Their first victory was on 9-11-12, when Odumbo was sleep with his thumb in his mouth. They beat his ass but good, earning all sorts of recruits, new money and new support. That's entirely OBAMA'S FAULT, despite whatever deal he worked out with Hillary to take the blame!
Obama's military advisers advised against the raid on the compound in Pakistan. Of course Bush/Cheney forced all the smart Generals into retirement just before the invasion and occupation of Iraq and elevated ass kissing yes men to the top so we will not have wise generals again for decades to come.

As far as the Ambassador being killed in Benghazi goes, that man knew the danger and accepted it. Everyone who knew him said that he wouldn't have had it any other way. Y'all right wing tea turds need to STFU about getting good Americans killed for no good reason at all.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94095 Jan 21, 2013
expo 97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stories like this happen almost daily. The press mostly ignores it because they have a political agenda to ban guns (which is Obama's goal too). That's been true for more than 20 years.
If the press didn't report these stories we wouldn't be talking about them right now and there is no way to BAN guns without changing the constitution and doing away with the supreme court.

A little more common sense and a lot less rhetoric would go a long way toward making this conversation more productive.

United States

#94096 Jan 21, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
"From my cold dead hands" - Charlton Heston
His guns were pried from his cold dead hands on April 5, 2008!!!

ROLF!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 70
News 4 ways millennials can survive and thrive in Ne... Sat tl-dr 3
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... Fri Hostis Publicus 44
News Senate hopeful Harrington aims to expand opport... Fri Andy 5
News Judge to rule on tribe's oil pipeline request b... Aug 25 judges indabag 1
News Trump OK'd partner with alleged Iran laundering... Aug 25 indict lundy 42
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Aug 25 Meow Meow Meow 73
More from around the web