2 US warships to dock in Philippines

2 US warships to dock in Philippines

There are 730 comments on the Stars and Stripes story from Dec 29, 2012, titled 2 US warships to dock in Philippines. In it, Stars and Stripes reports that:

Two US warships will dock in Philippine waters on Saturday for a routine port call, the United States Embassy said on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stars and Stripes.

amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#523 Jan 20, 2013
DRDAVIS wrote:
<quoted text>Black eye peas,cornbread,greens and yes u are right, those was the good ole days
yes and thanks that we had those days and now those memories. i can still remember when the water was clear down to 15 feet .

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#524 Jan 21, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU eat beef tongue.... once the food of slaves and the poor, but now high priced due to demand from immigrants.
lobster also once the food of slaves in new england. we all know about the great lobster revolt of slaves in new england.
One of the realitys of being born of german-dutch descent....all our foods are the same, loved by wealthy jews, here in Florida....at the deli's, beef tongue is the same price as pastrami or corned beef....lol...i doubt many of the recent immigrants can afford it.....curiously, many people love rump roast, yet make a face, when i mention tongue....lol....
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#526 Jan 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>One of the realitys of being born of german-dutch descent....all our foods are the same, loved by wealthy jews, here in Florida....at the deli's, beef tongue is the same price as pastrami or corned beef....lol...i doubt many of the recent immigrants can afford it.....curiously, many people love rump roast, yet make a face, when i mention tongue....lol....
south americans i knew in the states saved all year for their festivals and that delicious tongue. they also emptied out the pet shops of all the hamsters.

Peruvians and Bolivians especially.

black shriveled up potatoes left out to freeze dry all winter?

thick sweet syrupy tea with a candied peach in it?

i dated a Bolivian doctor for a while and got to know their customs.
peoples taste in food is just what they are reared on.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#528 Jan 22, 2013
Do they eat hamsters?
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Kitimat, Canada

#530 Jan 22, 2013
too each their own... people want to eat hamsters... all the power too them...

probably way back when... the Peruvians and Bolivians... thought... better we eat them hamsters then to let them eat our food supplies...

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#531 Jan 22, 2013
It is amusing to see human consumption discussed again. Some forget that what they find delicious is repugnant to others. Try ordering a steak in India, pork chops in Saudi Arabia, shell fish in Israel.
Martin Nuke

Philippines

#532 Jan 22, 2013
Andrew Zimmern started it again.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#533 Jan 22, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your problem then?
You are the problem, not the taglish or pigeon english. At least, those who can't speak good english are learning and trying hard.
How about you, are you learning how to speak any of the Filipino dialect where you are living?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#534 Jan 22, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
It is amusing to see human consumption discussed again. Some forget that what they find delicious is repugnant to others. Try ordering a steak in India, pork chops in Saudi Arabia, shell fish in Israel.
I'm thinking that in Israel....i don't have to stand in line for the pork chops or lobster?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#535 Jan 22, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
too each their own... people want to eat hamsters... all the power too them...
probably way back when... the Peruvians and Bolivians... thought... better we eat them hamsters then to let them eat our food supplies...
Alway's select the one on the wheel...less fatty.....
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#536 Jan 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Alway's select the one on the wheel...less fatty.....
looks tastey

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#537 Jan 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Alway's select the one on the wheel...less fatty.....
dont think ill try it lol!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#538 Jan 22, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
looks tastey
It may look tasty but the thought alone i think would stop me LOL!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#539 Jan 23, 2013
We lived on Long Island, NY for a year, when i was a kid....and i recall someone talking about how the local butcher's had a rule that if they sold a whole rabbit, they had to leave one foot undressed, to signify it was'nt a cat....as they have much the same anatomy.....wierd, huh?....

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#540 Jan 23, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the problem, not the taglish or pigeon english. At least, those who can't speak good english are learning and trying hard.
How about you, are you learning how to speak any of the Filipino dialect where you are living?
It is almost comical how badly you portray yourself as a victim.

While I lived in the Philippines, I spoke Tagalog fairly well. One of my favorite phrases was "Hindi ko naiintindihan." That usually confused the hell out of people since it demanded that I at least knew how to say, I don't understand in perfect Tagalog.

My Visayan was pretty rough. I found my grasp of standard Arabic to be of use when dealing with some Muslims in the south. The funniest thing about living in the Philippines is that even in the most remote, rural areas, business and legal issues are conducted in English. It is a precise language. The SC of the Philippines issues their official rulings in English, by the way.

As this is an English use forum, you would best be served by spending time improving your use of the aforementioned language. You tend to become irrational and emotional before writing. Your mental state stresses your already weak mastery of English. So, as I have suggested several time now, take a deep breath and think before writing on this forum. You may have a valid point to make but it is lost in poor structure. You insist that you have the right to execute poor English here. Okay, go ahead...you refuse constructive criticism and will continue to be mocked for your ignorance.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#541 Jan 23, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost comical how badly you portray yourself as a victim.
While I lived in the Philippines, I spoke Tagalog fairly well. One of my favorite phrases was "Hindi ko naiintindihan." That usually confused the hell out of people since it demanded that I at least knew how to say, I don't understand in perfect Tagalog.
My Visayan was pretty rough. I found my grasp of standard Arabic to be of use when dealing with some Muslims in the south. The funniest thing about living in the Philippines is that even in the most remote, rural areas, business and legal issues are conducted in English. It is a precise language. The SC of the Philippines issues their official rulings in English, by the way.
As this is an English use forum, you would best be served by spending time improving your use of the aforementioned language. You tend to become irrational and emotional before writing. Your mental state stresses your already weak mastery of English. So, as I have suggested several time now, take a deep breath and think before writing on this forum. You may have a valid point to make but it is lost in poor structure. You insist that you have the right to execute poor English here. Okay, go ahead...you refuse constructive criticism and will continue to be mocked for your ignorance.
You're so full of toxic as always too defensive,so you go to the extent of manufacturing toxic of lies and lies. I will keep on telling you time and again, I will not stoop to your level of hypocrisy...

You're controlling attitude of forcing your idea of terminating pregnancy through abortion ...is different from my view of "no to abortion".

Just keep on mocking yourself to your self proclaimed constructive criticism and pathetic views, Mr Master of 3 courses, master of none, just talking b..........stsssssssslolllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#542 Jan 23, 2013
I have hardly 'forced' my idea of terminating pregnancy through abortion upon anyone here or in reality. You seem to believe that being pro-choice is a crime. It is not.

Your advocacy of restricting a citizen's freedom is however.

Your insecurity is showing again.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#543 Jan 23, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
I have hardly 'forced' my idea of terminating pregnancy through abortion upon anyone here or in reality. You seem to believe that being pro-choice is a crime. It is not.
Your advocacy of restricting a citizen's freedom is however.
Your insecurity is showing again.
People have the right to advocate what they believe is right. NO TO ABORTION is my advocacy. I did not say that being pro-choice is a crime. I believe that abortion is killing.

And, it's the woman's right to choice and it's my right to advocate no to abortion. What's wrong with that??

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#544 Jan 23, 2013
Ignorance.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#545 Jan 23, 2013
controlling freak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min --Rickster-- 409,485
Philly Harm Reduction 6 2 min CaptnRon 4,532
News Miami Beach mosquitoes test positive for Zika R... 13 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 20
News Residents irritated by Journey guitarist's SF w... (Dec '13) 14 hr Fred 2
News Injured immigrant who fell off cliff in Arizona... Jan 15 Cordwainer Trout 8
News Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13) Jan 14 bedava sat 58
News Taiwan leader heads to Americas; US stops set t... Jan 14 TW_sugar_daddio 19
More from around the web