2 US warships to dock in Philippines

2 US warships to dock in Philippines

There are 730 comments on the Stars and Stripes story from Dec 29, 2012, titled 2 US warships to dock in Philippines. In it, Stars and Stripes reports that:

Two US warships will dock in Philippine waters on Saturday for a routine port call, the United States Embassy said on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stars and Stripes.

Since: Apr 09

Makati, Philippines

#193 Jan 8, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
A-300-600? is this plane you guys are arguing about?
min. take off..........2324
min. landing..........1635
Yep but but takeoff and landing distances is not a set thing in normal operations. Cargo, passenger, destination for the amount of fuel onboard all come into play. What is usually quoted by the manufacture is max weight and fuel load which rarely occurs.

Sort of like the 747 has a set limit for turbulence but in testing they bent the wing 29feet before it snapped off. Every imaginable aircraft has flown in and out of Cubi Point for decades. Ive landed there in everything from a C-5a, C-130, T-39, C-141. Trust me the U.S. military when they build a runway to supply a monster base like Subic there is plenty of runway.

A buddy of mine for FedEx flew the Airbus for years out of Cubi Point to every destination imaginable. Alot with max cargo and fuel all the way back to the main hub in Memphis.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#194 Jan 8, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep but but takeoff and landing distances is not a set thing in normal operations. Cargo, passenger, destination for the amount of fuel onboard all come into play. What is usually quoted by the manufacture is max weight and fuel load which rarely occurs.
Sort of like the 747 has a set limit for turbulence but in testing they bent the wing 29feet before it snapped off. Every imaginable aircraft has flown in and out of Cubi Point for decades. Ive landed there in everything from a C-5a, C-130, T-39, C-141. Trust me the U.S. military when they build a runway to supply a monster base like Subic there is plenty of runway.
A buddy of mine for FedEx flew the Airbus for years out of Cubi Point to every destination imaginable. Alot with max cargo and fuel all the way back to the main hub in Memphis.
i understand what youre saying.

i grew up at the end of the Andrews AFB runway and we used to crab and fish in the waters at PAX NAVAL BASE.

i dont know if they are c-5s or c-130 hercs, but sitting on top of the Solomons Island bridge while those those big mothers come down the river to land at PAX is most incredible.

youd swear youre going to die.:)

Makati, Philippines

#195 Jan 8, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
i understand what youre saying.
i grew up at the end of the Andrews AFB runway and we used to crab and fish in the waters at PAX NAVAL BASE.
i dont know if they are c-5s or c-130 hercs, but sitting on top of the Solomons Island bridge while those those big mothers come down the river to land at PAX is most incredible.
youd swear youre going to die.:)
As long as I have been in the aircraft industry I still ove to watch those big jets takeoff and land. The C-5A the U.S. military largest cargo plane looks like it going 5mph when it takes off even though it's going 120mph.

My father use to take us to the end of the runway in Dayton and we sat for hours watching big planes land.

Ive been to Andrews AFB many times. always nice to be on American territory so far from home.

Makati, Philippines

#196 Jan 8, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
A-300-600? is this plane you guys are arguing about?
min. take off..........2324
min. landing..........1635
The runway at Cubi Point is 10,000ft. One of the main runways at LAX is 12,000ft. Cubi has plenty of runway length for anything.

Hell a fully loaded 747-400 can take up to 10,000 ft of runway fully loaded with cargo and fuel but they never go to those limits.
Aircraft are never maxed out to what was done and documented in testing and considered safe. Carriers always add in at least a 20% safety factor.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#197 Jan 8, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as I have been in the aircraft industry I still ove to watch those big jets takeoff and land. The C-5A the U.S. military largest cargo plane looks like it going 5mph when it takes off even though it's going 120mph.
My father use to take us to the end of the runway in Dayton and we sat for hours watching big planes land.
Ive been to Andrews AFB many times. always nice to be on American territory so far from home.
as 60s teens we had a lot of access to Andrews and its rathskeller and its 50 cent pitchers of beer.

wont say what we did at night at the end of the runway , but it was a great lightshow and lots of hair raising fun...

thats Andrews AFB, Camp Springs MD.

Makati, Philippines

#199 Jan 8, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
as 60s teens we had a lot of access to Andrews and its rathskeller and its 50 cent pitchers of beer.
wont say what we did at night at the end of the runway , but it was a great lightshow and lots of hair raising fun...
thats Andrews AFB, Camp Springs MD.
The best is at night watching F-4's takeoff in afterburners.
idiot united

Manila, Philippines

#200 Jan 9, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Which gives me plenty of doubt about the intellegence of mankind or lack of. Too much unnecessy burning of oil will make the depletion of oil so fast the next generations will have of pedal to work in a covered pedaled vehicles. I really feel that way man is thoughless to the bone.
idiot united

Manila, Philippines

#201 Jan 9, 2013
If I burn that much oil I would rather go to war and end it all than go on in a endless wandering aimlessly and infinitely. Your brain is all facked up idiots.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#202 Jan 9, 2013
idiot united wrote:
If I burn that much oil I would rather go to war and end it all than go on in a endless wandering aimlessly and infinitely. Your brain is all facked up idiots.
you dont have a car? you dont ride the bus or the trike? you dont use electricity? peddle powering your laptop idiot? cooking all your food with wood?
no toothpaste in your house? not wearing any clothes?

if i was you id get the hell away from that disgusting computer. its almost all oil.

recent news says the saudis are running low on oil.

your wish is our command hypocrite.

you are welcome to leave your house and walk into the woods naked and never lay eyes on any idiots again. unless you find yourself staring into the calm waters of a pool in the wilderness.

Makati, Philippines

#203 Jan 9, 2013
idiot united wrote:
<quoted text> Which gives me plenty of doubt about the intellegence of mankind or lack of. Too much unnecessy burning of oil will make the depletion of oil so fast the next generations will have of pedal to work in a covered pedaled vehicles. I really feel that way man is thoughless to the bone.
Well why don't you help by telling your neighbors to properly dispose of trash. That will destroy us long before lack of oil.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#204 Jan 9, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever jets they had in the 60s, i can still taste that fuel and feel that heat in my memory.

the noise was insane. we put cig filters in our ears, but it didnt help much.

now here in my retirement its a real occasion if you see any airplane at all .
idiot united

Manila, Philippines

#205 Jan 9, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont have a car? you dont ride the bus or the trike? you dont use electricity? peddle powering your laptop idiot? cooking all your food with wood?
no toothpaste in your house? not wearing any clothes?
if i was you id get the hell away from that disgusting computer. its almost all oil.
recent news says the saudis are running low on oil.
your wish is our command hypocrite.
you are welcome to leave your house and walk into the woods naked and never lay eyes on any idiots again. unless you find yourself staring into the calm waters of a pool in the wilderness.
Fighter jets they could just go on burning thousand of pounds of fuel per hour against my car burning less than a liter per trip. There are too many fighter planes that may never be used for what's it made for. Your answer as usual is hen picked to suit your side of atittude and behaviour. You sucks dude.

Makati, Philippines

#206 Jan 9, 2013
idiot united wrote:
<quoted text> Fighter jets they could just go on burning thousand of pounds of fuel per hour against my car burning less than a liter per trip. There are too many fighter planes that may never be used for what's it made for. Your answer as usual is hen picked to suit your side of atittude and behaviour. You sucks dude.
LOLOL!!!! Well don't worry about fighter jets in the Philippines, you don't have any.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#207 Jan 9, 2013
idiot united wrote:
<quoted text> Fighter jets they could just go on burning thousand of pounds of fuel per hour against my car burning less than a liter per trip. There are too many fighter planes that may never be used for what's it made for. Your answer as usual is hen picked to suit your side of atittude and behaviour. You sucks dude.
i have 4 hens. japanese minis

"opinion" and "debate" are the words you are desperately reaching for dude.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#208 Jan 9, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL!!!! Well don't worry about fighter jets in the Philippines, you don't have any.
wait til he sees who gets their oil?

hahahahahahahahaha
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#209 Jan 9, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
i have 4 hens. japanese minis
"opinion" and "debate" are the words you are desperately reaching for dude.
Hopelessly, you can't debate with Martin Nuke. He is very articulate! If you don't know the answer, just say so. Honesty is the best policy.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#210 Jan 9, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
But you should worry as you are going to be in the frontline to protect the Philippines! Are you kidding lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll!
Stop_thieve

Malaysia

#211 Jan 9, 2013
They'll be food on the table for them Manila prosititutes' family tonight.
Pinoy daddies will be very happy, and welcome the Yankee sailors a vibrant stay....in their upstair spare room, they hope.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#212 Jan 9, 2013
The devotees of Black Nazarene:

"Whether some expressions are delusional or devotional, it is the heart, the interior of the person, that will often decide if an expression is right or wrong … It is only God who could see through the hearts of these peoples,” Ignacio said.
Abdulmalik

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

#213 Jan 9, 2013
Stop_thieve wrote:
They'll be food on the table for them Manila prosititutes' family tonight.
Pinoy daddies will be very happy, and welcome the Yankee sailors a vibrant stay....in their upstair spare room, they hope.
Speaking from experience, huh? You must still be traumatized hearing your mom scream while getting shagged by a burly black guy in the attic...does it seem like yesterday only? Poor thang!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Cheech the Conser... 391,364
News Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady (Dec '14) 17 hr Responsibility 15
News Trump OK'd partner with alleged Iran laundering... Tue Douglas 15
News Divided America: Clinton highlights lack of wom... Tue Ronald 20
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Mon Tariffs 67
News Stuck With Slow Bus Service? Cuomo Is Completel... Jul 23 Indict CUOMO 1
News US surgeon general reacts to new Florida Zika c... Jul 23 LAVON AFFAIR 1
More from around the web