Pope says he's resigning for the 'good of church'

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: ChannelOne

Pope Benedict XVI told thousands of faithful Wednesday that he was resigning for "the good of the church" - an extraordinary scene of a pope explaining himself to his flock that unfolded in his first appearance since dropping the bombshell announcement.

Full Story
zip zip

Annapolis, MD

#1 Feb 13, 2013
here is another ex-catholic who could care less what this senile/silent/power abusing/sex abusing priest protector does - I HATE the catholic church...yick.

I bet there are MANY other former cult members who feel the same.

long live secular humanism.
blast off

Annapolis, MD

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
The real reason? His leaked documents forced an investigation into money laundering by the Vatican Bank. The last pope who threatened the Vatican Bank was assassinated (John Paul I) after only about 6 weeks in office. So the bank probably told Bennie to disappear or be disappeared.
Bingo! I agree...anyone just watch HBO Documentary -"Mea Culpa" about the sex abuse scandal involving priests (what a shock!) involving little boys at a school for the deaf. How SAD and SICK is that? Anyway...old Ratzy'a name (aka Pope Benedict) is all over that. The guy's a creep...and creep who protected some real sick bastards. I gotta feeling this and...money laundering....hmmmm makes sense, may have been the catalyst for the old geezer to blow out.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Let’s consider one reason Pope Benedict XVI might have resigned. Of course, his health is the main reason, and I think his health and his long-expressed wish, even before he was elected pope, to retire mean we do not need any conspiracies to explain the peculiarity of his resignation. That doesn’t mean, however, there are not other significant factors pressing upon Benedict that influenced his decision. Human choices often have many pros and cons one weighs carefully before making a decision like this, and it often takes more than one factor to tip the balance. The one contributing factor that I think might have the most influence in getting anyone to resign before he dies is the hope of having influence over the choice of his successor. There is nothing dark or conspiratorial about that. If one knows his health is rapidly declining, and he has lost the strength to do the job so that it is a great burden to him, AND he has a particular person in mind he would most like to see get the position, that would be good incentive to say,“I’d like to step aside so that my chosen can take the mantel from me and I can help make sure that happens and can enjoy seeing him do it.” Moreover, if he has a favored candidate or two, he might like to live awhile to enjoy seeing them carry on the ministry.

I have a couple to suggest:

http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/who-will-b...

--Knave Dave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

us Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min Coffee Party 261,568
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Sep 12 Mostafa 1
Approval of airline waiver vital for JacksonApp... Sep 12 Myke Britt 6
Macau Luxury Hotel Hires 500th Filipino Employe... (Jul '13) Sep 11 sadimar balawag 3
Philly harm reduction, where not to go (Jan '14) Sep 11 yunkid92 18
In Miami, the Cuban school uniform finds a market Sep 8 Doc Caliban 1
Sparta Middle School Teacher Allison Nowicki Sp... Sep 7 dan cruz 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

us Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••