The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403386 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#85856 Jan 6, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had said it that way to start with it might not have sounded so insulting.
Just an observation.
I wasn't trying to insult anyone at all. If I did want to insult someone it wouldn't have been a kindred spirit.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#85858 Jan 6, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, DP. And thank you.
For a long time I saw no harm in helping to expose the evil that infects these threads. Now I see that it only helps it spread by giving it light when it should be buried in the darkness where it belongs.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."~~Mark Twain

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#85860 Jan 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The evil trolls taunt us with bait hoping for a response. At that point we have a choice. Ignore or respond. Ignore is the best choice but in the cases where their baited comment is so vile and disgusting that it triggers anger, refrain from responding and simply report the abusive comment so the moderators can delete it. Don't even reply to the troll by saying you reported the post. That is what the vial troll was looking for ... acknowledgement. If you still feel the need to vent, PM a trusted friend. If you respond to the vial remark that brought out the bad feelings inside you, you are only satisfying the troll that posted the remark in the first place.
Great post "Don't Panic".
I owe you a prop.:)
Transparent Elephants

Fullerton, CA

#85861 Jan 6, 2013
Fiscal Deal Passes as House GOP Clown Car Crashes, Again
By Joe Conason - January 3, 2013

Observing the Congressional Republicans repeatedly stumble in and out of their caucus clown car, blowing loud kazoos and muttering angry threats, should be painful, embarrassing and highly instructive to any American voter with the patience to watch. When their latest performance concluded late Tuesday night with a 257 to 187 vote passing the stopgap fiscal deal negotiated by the Senate and the White House, an unavoidable question lingered: What is wrong with those people?

The simple explanation is that the House of Representatives has increasingly been dominated over the past two decades by a coterie of tantrum-prone extremists, who lack the probity and steadiness required for democratic self-government. Their diminished capacity is reflected in the low quality of leadership they have chosen during this long twilight, from Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert and Tom DeLay to John Boehner and Eric Cantor, even as their politics have grown more and more extreme.

Under the stress of their incoherence, the Republican caucus is unable to escape one humiliating mess after another. The damage they routinely inflict on the country's economy and future is reaching incalculable levels -- and is almost certain to grow worse when they again hold the debt ceiling hostage next month.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85862 Jan 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to insult anyone at all. If I did want to insult someone it wouldn't have been a kindred spirit.
I didn't say it was meant to be insulting.

I assumed that it wasn't.

I simply pointed out that the second post made the point much clearer than the first.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#85863 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent and well thought out response but is there really such a thing as a “trusted friend” on this thread to PM to?.
I don't know. PM someone and find out. I chat with kindred spirits all the time. I guess I will find out if they can be trusted or not at a later date.

“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.” &#8213; Confucius

“for whom the bell tolls”

Since: Dec 10

fate is the hunter

#85865 Jan 6, 2013
Whomever may have grievance concerning 'Impersonating' military veterans alive or dead. Should take it up with the proper channels. Fighting on this forum over this issue demeans the honor and memories men and women who have served this country.
They should not be used as arguments in any personal issues. Thank You
There is a existing law concerning this,
Resolution No. 283: Amend Stolen Valor Act
Origin: Convention Committee on National Security
Submitted by: Convention Committee on National Security
http://archive.legion.org/bitstream/handle/12...

or submit complaints to,
The American Legion
Internal Affairs
http://www.legion.org/contact/internal-affair...
UidiotRaceMakeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#85866 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>"miliotary"
That right there shows how much you know about the U.S. Military.
What a punk.
Wrong!

Read Warmongering pinhead! Our good US leaders and those in authorities (the white hats) are come forth decades later to criticize American wrong doings... those like
Senator John Jerry, on counterinsurgency warfare in Vietnam rested on a criminal premise

The Nation magazine, July 9, 2001, p19

"As a matter of military doctrine, in those parts of the country [Vietnam] where the revolutionary side had societal support, the entire civilian population - including women, children, the infirm and the wounded- should be treated as "the enemy."

The most fundamental idea embedded in the law of war, requiring a belligerent to distinguish civilian from military targets, was completely abandoned
===
Our Media Not Theirs, Robert McChesney & John Nichols, p64

From World War I to Korea and Vietnam, presidents have lied to the American people because they believed that if the American people knew the truth, they would not support the move for war. The track record of the U.S. news media in the twentieth century is one of regularly going along with fraudulent efforts to get the nation into one war or another by the administration in power.

“Can You Believe It?”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#85869 Jan 6, 2013
X Crypsis X wrote:
Whomever may have grievance concerning 'Impersonating' military veterans alive or dead. Should take it up with the proper channels. Fighting on this forum over this issue demeans the honor and memories men and women who have served this country.
or submit complaints to,
The American Legion
Internal Affairs
Thank you for that information!

United States

#85871 Jan 6, 2013
William Shirer, was an American journalist, war correspondent, and historian,...Hubris of a President

The Nation magazine book of selected articles 1865-1990, p283

Does one American in 1,000 or in 100,000, realize that, whereas the Germans dropped 80,000 tons of bombs on Britain in more than five years of war (and we thought it was barbaric), we dropped 100,000 tons on Indochina in the single month of last November, when Nixon restricted the bombing because of the Paris "peace" talks; and that under Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon we have dropped a total of 7 million tons of bombs on Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos— vastly more than we and the British let loose on Germany and Japan togedther in World War II? It was done in the name of "a just peace," of course. Has not Nixon said it dozens of times, his face on the TV screen frozen in unctuousness, as he sent his troops to invade a new country—Cambodia, Laos—or as he ordered his bombers to resume unloading tens of thousands of tons of more lethal bombs on a country which had no Air Force with which to defend itself?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#85872 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how the Hell would I know if that obit had anything to do with the poster’s mother as you are claiming? You have failed to make a solid connection between the two, at least not that I have seen but you can correct me if I am wrong I’ll say so.
Its was rosie's mom's obit.. There is some grey area now regarding her brother and now half brother.. I for one always make it clear when discussing my grandkids if they are step or not..

Eagle

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#85873 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why you such a chickenshit now? bawk, bawk
I've never seen anything in Jack's post that would indicate that he was a "chickechit" at all.

How many accounts have you gone through now, Sage??

Location hidden

#85874 Jan 6, 2013
s/b Posts.

United States

#85875 Jan 6, 2013
US invaded Vietnam for the blood oil and use communism as guise to invade Vietnam, using deception and duplicity to fool the AMerican people and the world masses ! Now the world no longer trust the US, our own demise as an Empire.

Location hidden

#85876 Jan 6, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.. The person who lies is YOU and your anonymous friends. You hang them out to do your fighting that was created by your lying.
I always laughed at those who felt they needed a group.. It was always you and your friends and the pro-illegal posters who developed the group labeling. In fact I read many posters disclaim they are associated to a group.
Why would I be "butt hurt" over people leaving Topix and living their life, Rose? Do you realize, the 5-6 years you have spent here on Topix bashing one another is time you will never get back?
I do not care if you want to believe I am GR. I know who I am and who I am not and that is all that really matters. We are all anonymous people here and always will be. I do not plan on getting wrapped up in Topix and becoming a Topix Junkie like many of you have.. I will still read Topix as it is cheap entertainment. And if I feel like posting, I will. Topix can ban me, they can remove my posts. You and I know the truth and that is all that matters. Do not fool yourself in believing others do not know.. They are just too cowardly to say anything. I do not suppose they have an ounce of decency in them either.
Rose you are your own worst enemy.. Do NOT ever call me a "monster" again.. I'm not the monster.. YOU are...
Monster.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#85877 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
I have secrets but I have real life friends to confide them too. I’ll never give them to an anonymous poster that may someday decide to not trust me…
Usually everything is kept private till said friendship dissolves is when you have to worry.. Me I don't say anything I wouldn't post in open forum..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#85879 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
I have secrets but I have real life friends to confide them too. I’ll never give them to an anonymous poster that may someday decide to not trust me…
Thank you for sharing. LOL. You can permanently disable your PM feature entirely and never bother or be bothered on Topix. It's certainly not mandatory that you send or receive them.

Location hidden

#85880 Jan 6, 2013
He does this every time he gets his lies thrown back in his face. He rants and raves and goes on and on about what a great American and individual he is.

It is all about creating the image in peoples minds that he is the one who should be trusted therefore adding credibility to his claims.

He is what he has always been. A liar.

United States

#85881 Jan 6, 2013
Harris opinion poll, November 1979

Heroes, John Pilger, p113

The American public believes by a two to one margin that the veterans of the Vietnam war 'were made suckers of, having to risk their lives in the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time'.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85882 Jan 6, 2013
X Crypsis X wrote:
or submit complaints to,
The American Legion
Internal Affairs
The Supreme Court found at least part of the Stolen Valor Act to be unconstitutional.

"WHEREAS, the Supreme Court in the recent case of U.S. vs. Xavier (Javier) Alvarez ruled that the Stolen Valor Act was an unconstitutional abridgement of Free Speech..."

The page you linked to is an American Legion declaration that Congress should rewrite the law to make such acts illegal while still complying with the courts ruling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States of America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisiana paper to Obama: Cut vacation short Aug '16 Le Jimbo 78
News Washington, D.C. - the District of Columbia Jun '16 Medewiwin 1
News This Day in History: April 3 (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jane Lucy Marie 1
News Obama's missing executive order; Federal Regist... (Mar '16) Mar '16 wild child 1
News Exclusive - "Ted Cruz: Hillary - Embodies The C... (Apr '15) Apr '15 kuda 2
News Celebrations mark Battle of New Orleans bicente... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TRAIL OF TEARS 1
News New York City Courts Democratic National Committee (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 7
More from around the web