The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391297 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#85784 Jan 6, 2013
NuRidersoftheePurpleSage wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo.
HARD HEADED WOMAN
http://youtu.be/pzJ3hiqsi0U
WANDA JACKSON
lol.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#85787 Jan 6, 2013
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a "class A" azzkisser!
Still sharing that mailbox with
plainfieldhomom aren't you?..LOL!
I share a mailbox with whomever I choose to.
How about you? Do you share a mailbox with this person you mention here, Shayla?
We both share a common one, you know.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85791 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Weather your post was to me or not I made my point that you are wrong about Issa. He is not the hypocrite you said he was and which was the point of your post. Now stop backpedaling and rewording things and deal with it.
You've given your opinion. I've given mine.

All you've proven is that you are both arrogant and a little less than clever.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#85794 Jan 6, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
One post is running it into the ground? You are so FOS, RH.. What you are b!tching about is reading Rose going on a rant which diverted the attention away from you.. You are a fraud and most definitely are not new here.. You are just infiltrating under a new sock as that is fun to you.. Anyhow, whatever.. Enjoy yourself and feel free to scroll past my posts.. In time you are going to see the light, convert and blame those who are conservative with their spending and maybe moderate in their thinking..
You are just as mellow dramatic as the others are and you actually remind me of AuntB
LMFAO...oh yeah, this post is going to help your credibility around here.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#85795 Jan 6, 2013
American Laddy wrote:
Always Ride Free in the Carpool Lane!
Jonathan Frieman
You know how the carpool lane on 101 has those signs which say, "Carpool is two or more persons per vehicle?" Did that ever make you want to check out what the definition of a person is in the California Vehicle Code?
It says "Person includes a natural person or corporation." That's wide enough to, ahem, drive a truck through. Not to mention a skinny little carpool lane.
Just imagine what THAT courtroom scene'll be like:
"Your honor, I got this ticket because Officer 'so-and-so' believed I was the only 'person' riding in my car in the carpool lane during the restricted hours where the sign says two 'persons' need to be in a vehicle. Officer 'so-and-so' did correctly espy only one human being in my vehicle. From that he mistakenly believes there was only one 'person.'
But there were indeed at least two 'persons' in that automobile at that time. At least.
Why? Cuz the definition of a 'person' in the California vehicle code includes both a corporation and a natural person. Section 470.
I had incorporation papers just to be safe, but here's why I was safe without them: there's no definition of a corporation in the California Constitution. Nothing in the California Corporations code defines a corporation, either.
Why? Cuz a corporation is an imaginary entity. Sort of like a childhood playmate.
Some legal sources attempt the brazen task of defining the imaginary entity of a corporation. They say it's an 'association of individuals having an existence independent of the existence of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.'
That 'definition' goes for both a for-profit and a non-profit.
A corporation is an 'entity' that has an existence separate from those of its...members. Just like an imaginary childhood playmate.
Your Honor, you might press me to establish exactly what might represent a corporation. Can we ever know it 'exists,' aside from 'its' works?
Well, here's a bone: how do we know we own a person? I mean, a corporation? Sorry.
By owning shares which that imaginary entity sells. If I own a share in a corporation, and a corporation is a person, it means I own part of a person.
So slavery exists.
In the nonprofit world, though, nothing signifies such.
Here's another point: corporations sell us the food we eat and the water we drink. They also daily pollute the air we breathe. So we all carry corporations in our bodies right now. And corporations make our cars. And unless we own that hunk of metal outright, they own them, too.
So I didn't need those incorp papers, after all.
Your honor, according to the vehicle code definition and legal sources, I did have a 'person' in my car.
But Officer 'so-and-so' believes I did NOT have another person in my car. If you rule in his favor, you are saying that corporations are not persons.
I hope you do rule in his favor. I hope you do overturn 125 years of settled law.
On the other hand, your honor, if you dismiss the ticket and say I am right, that means anyone can go into the carpool lane alone during restricted hours. That is, you are saying that everyone, riding alone in an automobile in the carpool lane during restricted hours, also has on board a corporation, or, under California law, a 'person' other than them.
And we couldn't have that, could we?"
Now dearest reader, I've been trying to get a $381 ticket by driving alone in the carpool lane during the restricted hours. I've been doing that on and off for several years.
Not once have I been caught.
Not once.
Very interesting.

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#85796 Jan 6, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>When did your mom pass away? I didn't know that until just now. Please accpet my deepest symapthy. My own mom is not doing that well, and I know what you must have felt the last time you spoke to yours. Saying good-bye to a loved one is one of the toughest things we all face in life. Your mom knew how you felt, and that's all that matters.
Thank you, teddy. You're very kind.

My mother died in October. I wouldn't have told anyone here had it not been for Quirky posting some hateful post about her in the Pub thread a month or so ago. I was simply grateful that I did see her just two months before she passed and I got to say goodbye, even if it was over the phone. She knew I loved her and she died peacefully and pain free.

I'm sorry your mother is not well, teddy. All you can do is let her know how much you love her. It's the best gift we can give anyone when their about to die. Bless you and your mom.
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#85797 Jan 6, 2013
Abondondolla wrote:
Howdy Q if you're around. Happy New year.
Happy New year to you. I was wondering about you !

:)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#85799 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn’t make Issa a hypocrite, it demonstrates that he is an open-minded debater and shows his willingness to change his mind as when he is presented with new information. I think those characteristics are exactly what we need from our leaders and now more than ever. How else will we get out of the gridlock we are stuck in?
So if your point was to try and bail your buddy out you’ll need to come up with some Republicans that voted for it and then later criticized it. That was the question and it doesn’t look like the Bob, weave and dodge” twins are going to be able to answer it so you are both dismissed.
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT POST!
I agree it is as well.

Concord, CA

#85800 Jan 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
People who scream a lot die young and angry.
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/The-7-Chakr...
Who's screaming? I never scream. I just don't suppress human emotions. I am neither a robot nor a tin man.

I know all about the chakras. I've read Depak Chopra, Carolyn Myss, and others works on the seven chakras.

My fifth chakra is doing just fine, thank you.

I just resent you making light of my right to feel anger over what took place here. I felt angry and hurt. I'm over it now. There is no shame in being human. When I attain enlightenment and can go sit under the Bodhi tree like Buddha, perhaps I can forsake being human and be more like you.

Until that time I have to live in the real world, not some mystical facsimile of pretentious nirvana.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#85801 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you do here?
I post my opinions.

Concord, CA

#85802 Jan 6, 2013
I can hardly believe what I've read here today and that so many of you are still engaged in this discussion about my brother and my mother's obituary.

When is enough enough? I didn't lie about anything, but I'll be damned if I will dishonor my mother or my brother by participating in this disgusting, disrespectful and cruel display of hatred and vengeance.

I owe NO ONE here any explanations about a damn thing to do with any of my family members, and GR and company can rot in hell for all I care for this heartless and vicious stunt.

I didn't do a damn thing to anyone here to warrant this level of cruelty.

I suggest ALL of you drop this discussion, mind your own f*cking business, tend to your own lives and leave me the hell alone.

My brother and my mother are dead. Let them rest in peace for God sake.

Now laugh, mock, say I'm "playing the victim," I don't give a shit.

Get back to hating each other over politics and leave me the hell out of your ugliness and evil.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#85803 Jan 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather have gone off the cliff than surrender to Republican efforts on behalf of their special interest group. Well, I don't think they have anybody else's interests in mind anyway. That's why I think they're outta' there in 2014.
Clearly, this is one of those times when Nancy Pelosi is 100% correct.
Depends on the economy in 2014.. I have a feeling the pubs will get a boost..

Eagle

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#85804 Jan 6, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
"IN truth, if Ralff were to call me names like the coward that he is I would just laugh at his attacks and walk away from the situation."
No you wouldn't. Raiff would knock your azz the %^fck out as would I.
Hey, guy with a physique that looks like 200 lbs of chewed bubblegumazz?
We both used to box golden/silver gloves azzwipe.
You wouldn't be going anywhere except to the hospital on a f*&king stretcher.
Trust in that sonny.
You must have been peaking on your crystal meth when you said that sonny.
Grow up youngster.
Nothing more despicable than a grown man in a boys body with a boys mind.
Come on, get in the ring with me, I *&^cking dare you!
Well, that's all very interesting. It sounds like you are very dangerous and I should watch my step.

I guess I overstepped my bounds.

You say you want to meet in "the ring"?

Just curious but where would this ring be? And when?

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#85806 Jan 6, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit, Mike. You were talking about screwing his wife and "doing" his kids, too. It had nothing to do with spanking. YOU'RE a liar here. Not a big shock.
You are welcome to go find those post Mike.. Prove me a liar..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#85807 Jan 6, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you do? You think? Why, Eagle? You called him that in several posts. Is this just your way of trying to crawl back on the side that opposes GR?
Pretty fcking sad, man. Dya think your "brothers" would approve? You've been trying to be GR's equal for several years. You may have finally succeeded. You seem as big an azzhole as he is. Felicidades!
Its not my way of doing anything jester.. I don't pick sides like you and others seem to do..

Eagle

Location hidden

#85808 Jan 6, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU have achieved to show everyone here how very little you care about the truth.. It is all about the numbers and how much destruction you can and your friends can cause and create..
When people start thumbing their noses to our American Veterans one needs to evaluate if this country is still worth fighting for...
Only you (not X-Man) can answer that question.
X-Man, not only did you thumb your nose to American Vet, you spit on them with your post here.. Yeah, you know the truth.. My azz... You have no "morals or ethics".. Especially according to NPR's standards... If in fact she stands by those standards..
I know the "truth" and that truth includes that you are a very desperate pathetic, pitiful, man Gr. I contemplate on whether I can accurately use the word "man" to describe you.

You can continue to create your self created image of the person you want us to see but everyone knows the reality of what and who you really are Gr. We have all been subject to the real you for far too long.

So you can make lists of your self proposed attributes all day long but people know better. People know the truth about you, that you lie, to hurt people, to manipulate people, to control people. Same old crap, different sock, different day.

Location hidden

#85810 Jan 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think she is the "only one" whom ever "lost" a brother ???
There's a BIG, BIG, Wild, World out there nutter ...
And the BETTER you treat people ...
The MORE you receive in return ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y8pvXLVu8YkXX
Altho this "beautiful" song is WASTED on you ...!!!
Are you fck'n serious? She is being accused about lying about losing a brother who fought for this country?

Like it never happened. You ignorant nut job.

She didn't ask for some whack job stalker on the internet to start picking through her most personal pains and then to falsely accuse her of lying about it.

She naively shared a very personal part of her life with people she felt she could trust and instead has been ambushed by a mental case and his proxy wielding sidekick who have use this information to harm her.

Get a f'n clue.

Location hidden

#85812 Jan 6, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You were "bound by legal means to say those things and maintain no communication."? Do you see how foolish you appear in that statement? Get real, X-Man.. You and your friends have called other people names, challenged them to fights, to meet somewhere and duke it out.. Just last night Rose was posting youtubes in regards to wanting to beat the bloody pulp out of people.. Possibly me included..
Both sides are guilty as all hell can get.. Some just are not willing to go to the lengths that others do.. You are on the team of NO boundaries...
LOL

No Gr, my situation with that specific poster is not this. This is about you and only you and your use of personal information in a malicious manner to hurt another poster.

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#85814 Jan 6, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I'm new here. Who are you and who is this clown that is attacking you?
Welcome to the nuthouse of IR.. He comes and goes but usually never adds anything to the discussion..

Eagle

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#85815 Jan 6, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vietnam war ended in the 70's Jack. Your link brings up a name for the 1990's Jack.
Do you really think you are the only Jack McIntosh.. Sorry hombre, wrong era and a very pathetic attempt to deflect away from the truth. Your link shows nothing to discredit what I presented.. Nonetheless, Rose knows she lied. Period. You can beat this into the ground all you want.. You have Republican Honey on the side lines cheering you on and blaming me for keeping this going.. I confronted the lie. You and the defenders of Rose are keeping it going.
Rose did not have a half brother go MIA in the Vietnam War.. Time just would not permit it by the time her mother remarried. That half brother would be younger than Rose and he would not had been old enough to enlist for the Vietnam War.
For claiming to being intelligent people with high IQ’s your math just ain’t adding up and neither is your intelligence.
You are mistaken, Master Jack.. There is no joy in exposing Rose for this lie she told. I am more upset with myself for putting faith into an anonymous individual on a public message board by wasting prayers on her and her family hoping that their brother and son would be found alive and returned home safely and intact to his family..
You who served in time of peace could not possibly understand those who served dodging bullets, soiling themselves, carrying the injured out, packing the dead for return to the states.
Or amongst the families who waited to get word from the government about their sons, brother’s and husbands who did not disembark with the other American Vets who were greeted by tomatoes.. Nope, I do NOT expect a “Honorable Discharged Veteran” like yourself to understand this “old grandpa“…
You keep on challenging me and continue to cover up the despicable act your anonymous friend Rose committed though.. I will continue to stand with the American Veterans in real life as opposed to those anonymous posters on a public message board.. I am glad I have a different set of “morals and ethics” from you and your friends, especially NPR’s.. Your liberalism of today isn’t what being liberal is about..
No, it's time for YOU and YOUR friends to knock it off, Master Jack..
I'm going to do two things here.

First, I am going to point out that you are either a liar or stupid or both.

All of the MIA on that page are from the Vietnam Era.

The date you are using is the last date on which any documentation concerning this case was filed through the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs prior to this publication.

Those records date from 1960 to 1994, but all of those MIA/POW are Vietnam era.

Bottom line, at least one of the names you said was not listed as MIA is and both he and his family deserve more respect than to be dismissed and disrespected by a do nothing nobody like you.

It's as simple as that.

You owe that Soldier, his family and every single patriotic American an apology for the disrespect you've shown one of our own.

The second thing I'm going to do is to try and respect Rose's post asking us to let this end.

You are without a doubt the most cowardly, worthless SOB ever to post on topix and you're making enemies on both sides of the aisle with this relentless unpatriotic self-indulgent vendetta.

You've wasted a lot of energy just to be shown up as a fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United States of America Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington, D.C. - the District of Columbia Jun '16 Medewiwin 1
News This Day in History: April 3 Apr '16 Jane Lucy Marie 1
News Obama's missing executive order; Federal Regist... Mar '16 wild child 1
News Exclusive - "Ted Cruz: Hillary - Embodies The C... (Apr '15) Apr '15 kuda 2
News Celebrations mark Battle of New Orleans bicente... (Jan '15) Jan '15 TRAIL OF TEARS 1
News New York City Courts Democratic National Committee (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 7
News Remembering The 'Philadelphia 11': Where The Fi... (Jul '14) Aug '14 RevKen 26
More from around the web